Danny/Flack #7: Flack Makes It His Business

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Faylinn, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yeah, I can see it that way. I think Danny uses sex to keep people around him and happy with him. He used sex to settle a bet with Lindsay (jokingly, I know, but the implication was interesting) and he used sex to ease Rikki's pain/keep her from blaming him for Ruben's death. But Flack...well, no matter what a brat Danny is, Flack doesn't give up on him. That alone must be different to Danny.

Exactly. I could see guys using Danny in the same way I think women do--for sex, for a good time. But Flack clearly doesn't want to just use Danny or take advantage of him. And that's got to be throwing Danny off.

I think Flack wants to show Danny he's sincere, but I think he's also got a serious weakness where Danny is concerned. Flack wants Danny physically, and I could see Flack getting sidetracked by that a bit.

I've never, ever seen Flack get as excited about anyone, man or woman, as he is about Danny. Danny makes Flack smile, there are tons of screencaps that show the blatant lust on Flack's face as he looks at Danny, and Flack just kind of focuses on Danny if Danny is around. I think Flack's just in love with Danny. I don't know about either of them with other guys. I guess I can see Danny more than Flack because I think he gives it up for anyone who comes along and pretends to care about him. :lol: I could easily see Danny being the first guy Flack has ever wanted, but based on how much Flack wants Danny, I don't think Danny being a guy matters to Flack. He just wants Danny, period.

2. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Aww thanks for the answer guys and girls.

Yeah of course (I personally know of some), that are married etc, but leaning towards being gay rather than bisexual.

Its also funny how we, can compare the two shows regarding both Nick and Greg, as well as Danny and Flack....

Well regarding Danny and Flack has their been a defininging moment of love between them two? As a newbie fan of this couple im still trying to find my way around these guys- so to speak...

Or if theres five scenes from any series that for you depicts their relationship what would it be?

Cause im still struggling, this season is the first full one that im watching.... So im taking notes.... I can see that Danny views sex as a means to end, or a means to feel, ie by being with Reubens mum... Danny what are you thinking!!! Bad move!!!

3. teardrop

teardrop Dead on Arrival

Hmm, haven't been here for a quite a while but I hope that it'll change :D

Unfortunately I couldn't watch this episode but clicking through the thread and seeing all those Screencaps: I only wanna watch this scene :D. There is a DF Scene and I missed it. Meeeh.

As for DF, there a couple of scenes which contains some "feelings" between Danny and Flack. Have to re-watch the episodes.

4. Top41

Defining moments of love between Danny and Flack? Hmmmm... let's see:

1. "On the Job"--Flack meeting Danny in the diner, trying to console him and looking forlorn when Danny stormed out on him. That was the first time I realized how emotionally these two are involved. It was obvious it wasn't just sex or lust for Flack.

2. "Trapped"--something about the way Flack asks Danny, "You okay?" Flack was damn worried about his baby.

3. RSRD--When Flack says to Mac, "We're not going anywhere" as he locks eyes with Danny. That was the moment I knew Flack was in love with Danny.

4. CoTP--Danny's wide eyes as he looked into Flack's hospital room. He looked heartbroken.

5. "...Comes Around"--Danny calls Flack in need of emotional support, and Flack comes running.

6. "Snow Day"--Flack saying "Wait, wait, wait!" when the hostage taker was going for Danny. The tone of his voice said it all--he was going to lose everything if that guy killed Danny. That, and the look on Flack's face as Lindsay dragged Danny off.

7. "All in the Family"--Flack chasing Danny around Manhattan, bending the rules he adheres to so faithfully, putting up with Danny's bratty attitude at the end--all for Danny. That was an act of love.

Those are the ones that stick out in my mind. Flack is obviously the more demonstrative of the two, but it's obvious Danny trusts and turns to Flack.

5. ZhuShuaijie

ZhuShuaijie Police Officer

I am still to have no the way suit. My Don is a sincere love Danny. Business , No!I believe that the Don Flack does not is so person. Or, if the Flack need to be business -----Sex. he has many people choose. the Danny is a troublesome guy , the Flack absolute unable do lose money in business.
    My meaning is, I believe that the Flack dislike to do like this, that very not devoir Danny.And Danny, if he needs the Flack, he has the better select, sincere love Flack.

6. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

[​IMG]

Fo serious, mah sistah. Look at the intensity of Flack's eyes! And look at Mac trying to make eye contact with Flack. :lol: It's like there's nothing else in the room for Flack except for Danny who's standing at the window looking in on his brother being treated.

And look at his face when Danny called him and Flack realized his Danny was hurt and in pain:

[​IMG]

If Flack had been there in person with Danny in that warehouse, Flack would probably have killed those perps with his bare hands!

Man, that whole episode was hooooot. :drool::drool::drool:

[​IMG]

Seriously, who can complain about dominant!Flack and submissive!Danny?! :drool::drool::drool:

7. Top41

I agree--Flack's love of Danny is genuine. Flack wants it all with Danny. Like you say, he can pretty much get laid wherever and whenever. Flack's a ridiculously good-looking, suave guy. It's not like he would ever have trouble finding a partner. It's just that the one he really wants is his difficult little Danny.

Literally, I got shivers. That's when I knew it wasn't just friendship, it wasn't just lust, it wasn't just a casual thing that Flack had for Danny. It's love. The way Flack said it, the look on his face--it just said that Danny was the most important thing in the world to him and he wasn't going to let anything happen to Danny. And Danny--vulnerable, firecracker, impetuous Danny--submitted to Flack, not only because Flack was right but because he knew how deeply Flack cared for him.

Indeed he would have. Poor Flack--that call was his worst nightmare. :( Hearing the pain in Danny's voice, realizing that drug dealers were holding his baby hostage--yeah, those guys hit the jackpot when they took Danny. Because Flack would do anything to make sure Danny was safe--even trade himself for the hostages.

Yeah, I think that episode showed who's really boss in their relationship, though I guess RSRD does as well. Danny might get to be a little prima donna with Flack--being bossy at crime scenes or getting crime tape lifted for him by his devoted lover--but when it comes down to it, Flack's the one calling the shots and keeping Danny in line. And Danny submits to it, because he know Flack knows what's best for him.

8. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

[​IMG]

This scene in On the Job was the one that convinced me there was definitely more to things between Danny and Flack than meets the eye. Danny's at his lowest yet, and there he is in a diner, waiting for Flack and knowing Flack's going to turn up and when Flack does turn up, he instantly waves Flack over to his table. They don't even dilly-dally around each other.

The moment Flack is seated, Danny immediately goes into how he's feeling about the situation and Flack is just as swift to give Danny assurance that Danny isn't alone and has his back covered. No hesitance or reluctance or awkwardness. Just them being totally open and straightforward and real. And very significant is that Flack doesn't get mad or throw up his hands after Danny rips into him and leaves in a huff. Flack understood Danny was going through an emotional upheaval and didn't take offense to Danny's behavior in the diner.

How's that for patience and love, eh?

Danny and Flack's banter about pizza was priceless too. :lol: So not only do they eat out together, Flack also knows what pizza Danny likes. :devil: Can you imagine how many times they've eaten out together then?

[​IMG]

When Danny was collared by the perp in the panic room, poor Flack actually froze up upon seeing Danny held at gun point. Only Danny in danger can do that to Flack! In any other situation, Flack would have just fired his gun on the spot or gone all Superman and pounced the guy. But Danny in danger ... oh, Flack would do anything to make sure Danny didn't get hurt in any way.

Heh, we've seen lots of Flack gazing at Danny with all the love in the world in his eyes and it seems like it may be one-sided but ...

[​IMG]

Danny can give loving glances as good as Flack can too. :D Look how dilated Danny's eyes are!

9. Top41

There's something really intimate about that scene. I love how they're leaning in towards each other, too. The body language between them just screams that they're way more than just friends. And the fact that Danny felt like he could cry in front of Flack, or at least be near to tears was very sweet. Poor Flack, he probably thought dating a guy would spate him that whole having to figure out what to do when your significant other starts crying. Little did he know that Danny cries more than any woman. :lol:

Oh, totally. We've seen them out together a couple of times now, and you know that on their days off, Flack is probably taking Danny out for pizza or to a nice Italian restaurant. I bet Danny has brought Flack home to meet his mama and have some nice home-cooked meals, too. ;) :devil:

Flack is so Superman and Danny's his Lois Lane! Nothing phases Flack like Danny in danger. I thought it was so interesting that Flack froze up and Stella was the one who shot the guy. It makes me wonder...if someone took Danny hostage and made demands, would Flack give the person what he/she wanted in order to save Danny, even if it defied protocol? I kinda could see him doing that, because I think Flack knows the worst thing in the world would be losing his Danny.

Awwww, Danny looks so loving and trusting. And so happy! Flack totally got lucky that night. ;) :devil: :devil: :devil:

10. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Ahh thanks for the heads up with the defining moments of love between Danny and Flack....
    I have a lot of catching up to do, the episode I've just seen, didnt really have much subtexual moments between them... I may have to watch NY from scratch...

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Honestly, there isn't much over the course of four seasons to work with, candygirl. Moments sprinkled here and there, sure, but when it's all added up, it's not much. Granted, this is the show that seems to be screaming Flack's heterosexuality this season (not that he hasn't always liked women, it just seems a bit more forced to me this season), but even just friendship scenes are few and far between. I mean, we're talking about ~90 episodes here, and the shippy stuff can be listed off rather easily.

That's not to say it isn't worth seeing, but I wouldn't expect too much as you're watching the entire series. :p

I love the picture of Danny in "Comes Around"--for some reason, I always think of that scene when I watch "Shock to the System" and Timmy goes into the bar to meet Donald. Donald (Danny) is sitting there, upset, and Timmy (Flack) comes in and leans on the bar. Of course, the scene in "SttS" ended with an argument of sorts, but the beginning when Timmy first comes in always makes me think of Flack going to see Danny at the bar. ;)

12. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

Oh, Candy, don't we just wish there was as much subtext as with nick/Greg?

Okay, thank you very much for the subtext moments! I'm very sad to hear that there aren't a whole lot, though...that's sad...But, I guess we all have to hold our heads high and hope for Danny and Flack

*Retreads back to her happy place at nickandgreg.com*

-Lynn

13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Verily. Look at Danny's eyes:

[​IMG]

I daresay that's probably the most emotionally exposed Danny has ever allowed himself to be in front of anyone yet. The crying scene with Mac in Run Silent, Run Deep doesn't count to me because Danny was pretty much at the end of his ropes and couldn't control himself anymore and just broke. If he had any choice at all, he wouldn't have cried in front of Mac, from the way he quickly composed himself seconds after Mac embraced him.

But in this scene in On the Job, Danny was in a bad situation but he was still very much in control of himself and was more than capable of rational thinking. And even then, there he was showing Flack with his expression and body language what he was feeling, as if he was 110% sure Flack would never take advantage of his vulnerability and care what he thought. How about that? :D Ya can't buy that kinda trust from Danny, not with all the money or trades for sex in the world!

:lol: That's right! If Danny was more than happy to invite Hawkes to his family home for dinner, it's impossible Flack hasn't already been there multiple times to sample Mama Messer's spaghetti and meatballs! :lol: Mama Messer must love Flack like crazy too. After all, how can she not love a handsome, sweet and dependable man like Flack who loves her baby boy through and through? ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Even Eddie Cahill complained about having to say 'girlfriend' so much in that episode with Devon (who has predictably disappeared forever into that black hole where Louie Messer is). He was absolutely right in that it was weird of Flack to consider a woman he dated only three times as his girlfriend and tell that to random strangers. Hahahah!

And going back to Top41's list of some great D/F moments:

[​IMG]

Oh, Danny. :( He must have been torn up after realizing Mac intended to stay with Flack, because it meant he couldn't be there instead. He looks so lost. I guess that's how he'd appear after seeing his pillar of strength felled so severely.

14. Top41

Well, true, but to be fair, Flack stares at Danny at every opportunity. Even eps without a lot of shippy stuff will often feature Flack just being mesmerized by his sexy little CSI. And let's face it, the writers are good to us with all the subtext. See Mac's comment after Flack says "boom" in "Admissions" and Danny getting sulky that even Flack knew about Mac and Peyton before he did in "Heart of Glass." And the six moments I listed in my post are the most significant, but hardly the only ones. The boys flirt and Flack stares at every opportunity.

All in all, I'd say we're the most spoiled slash ship this side of House/Wilson. :D

I love that while Danny was just shutting down with everyone else--IAB, Mac, etc. in "On the Job," he opened up to Flack. He let Flack see how scared he was voluntarily. Danny's so emotional that it just seeps out of him, and I think most of the time he can't help it. The difference with Flack is that he chooses to open himself up--he calls Flack when he's in trouble. Flack's the one he thinks of first, no matter what--see "On the Job," "Comes Around" and "Snow Day." :D

And I bet she figured out right away that he was in love with Danny. :D

Awwww, poor Danny. He looks so vulnerable, like he's totally lost without Flack. Which, as we all know, he is. ;)

15. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Here's one of the best examples I got right off the bat:

[​IMG]

Geez, Danny could have been blathering about the most boring topic in the world and Flack will very likely still stare at him with big, googly eyes just like that. :lol: That's right, boys and girls, Flack's had the hots for Danny since season one!

[​IMG]

Danny: Flack knows?

[​IMG]

Danny: Oooh, somebody's sleepin' on the couch toniiight ...

:lol: Oh, Flack, don't you know it's bad for you to not dish the office gossip to your kinka-poodle?!

YES! :D That is one of the most beautiful aspects of the Danny/Flack relationship, that out of all the people, even today, it's Flack to whom Danny turns, no matter what. It's been one of the most consistent traits of their relationship throughout the show since the pilot episode. And seriously, if the whole Ruben-Rikki situation didn't put any dents in their relationship, nothing will. Hell, if Flack had any choice in the matter, even death won't keep him from being there for Danny!