Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Gaelen, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

Haha, well yet again, Lindsay wins a bet when Danny's concerned. So does this mean Lindsay knows more about basketball than him, or a better judge of skill? :lol: Maybe Danny needs to realise what a big deal Lindsay is; smart, beautiful AND she likes sports - to the extent of proving him wrong. That's gotta hurt his ego though. :p The poor guy...

I kinda like Danny saying he spent enough money buying the tickets for them, aww, I guess that's a better deal for them. Haha, what if the game really is some sort of apology for screwing up and he's trying to make it up to her by makin' an effort to spend more time together, and he starts it off with expensive tickets. :p

I want my fluffy DL again!
    I think that's exactly what it was. He basically shut down and the grief was the only thing he could see. In RND, when Rikki pulls away and starts trying to talk some sense, he has this 'I don't want to hear it' look and then he says "I don't care". There you go, he don't care 'bout nothin'. The Danny we know cares alot about people. I just hope he's woken up from that train of thought, because it's not going to get him anywhere.

Maybe the writers realised that the ambiguity game they were playing with us wasn't as popular as they thought it would be, and so they needed something big to shock the two of them into spilling everything (face it, if this never happened, I doubt DL would be any different and they'd just plod along in confusion and ambiguity throughout the entire season). The more I think about it, the more I believe this is just some (slightly sadistic) plot so that they can get Danny and Lindsay on the same page again, kind of like a hard reset, so that they can resync and move forward together - in a clear direction.

I mean it would be pretty awkward if we've got nothing and suddenly we get I love you's, and we don't even know what's happening between them. I guess this could very well propel them into a more serious relationship (in time), without any guessing as to their feelings for each other, and where they stand.

Mr. Optimistic is here! :p

Now I really, really, really want Danny to call Lindsay "Montana" in the episode. Sometime after she tells Hawkes that she misses the nickname. Haha, if Danny ever found out...he'd tease her like there's no tomorrow. :lol:
    I'm pretty sure the press release is in order of appearance. I'm not sure about relative screen time though. It could be a mixture of both. *shrugs*

2. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Hey, happy Sunday everyone!

Okay, since this whole thing with Rikki came up, speculating was my hobby. And most of the time I came up with the worst theories. But you know what? Why not being optimistic? I can be disappointed enough in the end. :p

Yes, that's what I thought, too, when I saw the scene. He didn't want to see that what he was doing, didn't 1) help him and 2) didn't make any sense. He was totally focusing on his grief. I hope, he finally woke up (maybe because of what Lindsay told him later). I also start to believe that maybe he really told her already, and because Danny said 'we need to talk', they won't give us the scene because they think we expect that he already told her.

I really hope that we'll get their date. And actually I don't see why we shouldn't, because I'm sure when they planned this episode, they already knew what they wanted to do with Danny and Rikki. Right?

I'm really curious for the rest of the season, because honestly, I believe in what we were told (we 'won't be disappointed' but 'quite pleased'), because the bad spoilers come true- why not the good ones as well. And seriously, how mean would it be to tell us this and then do the opposite? I'm just not sure what they might do. Will they go the fluffy way? Or will they decide to be friends again? Or what will they do? I so wish we knew more.........

Okay, there was something else I wanted to say, but I totally forgot again. Hmmmmmm.......... Maybe I'll remember it later.

3. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

LOL, don't worry about it :cool:...I manage to change moods every five minutes all by myself :eek: and it won't be the first or the last time that my hopes get dashed.

According to the spoilers the date IS at the beginning of the episode...and that's what first made me quite pissed at TPTB, because the last scene between Danny and Lindsay was her walking out saying "this is hard" and now (because of the cut (?) scene from last week) this is the next time we'll see them together :brickwall: - pretty weird, right :rolleyes: ...So with Rikki being at the end of the guest star list I do hope we get some kinda flash back to explain the now ridiculous gap :scream:

Unfortunately nobody seems to know what he feels for Lindsay and despite the fact the he 'went with his instincts' a long time ago, he may still feel insecure about what she feels for him and therefor is/was not willing yet to admit to her or himself just how strongly he really cares for her. So I totally agree that to understand what has happened between them this season and between Danny and Rikki we need some insight in Danny's way of reasoning...(that should be something :guffaw:)

And you're probably right about Lindsay too. She was already known for her inabilaty to talk about her emotions and when he came after her for two whole seasons and she finally had the nerve to go out (or rather stay home :devil:) with him and it led to them sleeping together, she could've easily figured (a bit naive perhaps) that they were now an item. It just took her way too long to see that he perhaps not reacted as he was supposed to and she really should've tried to talk to him about their status sooner...:wtf:

LOL they bet againg each other again...good thing there are so many people around and that the bet is about beers this time :p

4. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yes, I'd really love to see what he's thinking about the whole situation between him and Lindsay. Like I said before, during season 3 I always had the feeling that he cared a lot about her, and that he really had feelings for her. I'm not sure if this was just me, but I always thought that he has feelings for her, and she has feelings for him, too, but can't let him in yet. I just don't think he had a tiny crush on her or just saw her as a friend. But this season I suddenly wasn't sure about that anymore. After all the time letting us guess about pretty much everything, it's definitely about time to finally clarify this. I don't think that's too much to ask for. But I really hope they just go the way and say Danny didn't have feelings for Lindsay, because after season 3, at least me doesn't believe that. But of course I could be wrong.

:guffaw: Yeah, I was already wondering if they might top the last bet. First bet: they had dinner after that (I think, you can call it dinner, even if it was at the lab). Second bet: they had sex on the pool table. Third bet: ?. :lol: But well, buying beer is nice as well, huh? I really want to see this scene, especially after they threw so much drama at us. My little shipper heart needs something nice.

5. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I think I'm just going to make myself as stupid as TPTB can possibly imagine and just enjoy the DL scene despite the ridiculousness of it all. Forget Rikki ever existed and we have ourselves a fluffy little scene - which would be good to put in some kind of hope back into DL. I miss seing their lighter scenes between them.

I just really hope we get some kind of flashback later in the ep to explain the big gap, because otherwise, I wont get it - at all.
    Heh, I really doubt that the writers would make Danny explain the reasoning behind Rikki. The most I can see them do is Danny telling Lindsay how he feels and them working out what's going to happen next. :rolleyes: For some reason, I can kinda see Rikki never being mentioned again after this, despite the severity of what he did to Lindsay. You can't just "forget" but since this is CSI:NY, people forget things all the time...

Oooh, maybe like how Danny forgot that his brother was in a coma the ep after RSRD, maybe Danny completely forgot he had Lindsay and thought he had nobody, and then after all that, he suddenly remembers and goes "oops".

:rolleyes:

The only thing missing from this storyline is a talking dinosaur (preferably purple). :p

If I were her, I would have too, and we all did because Danny's never given us the impression that they weren't. None of them did. Which is why everything is so...confusing.

6. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

*Jumps in with yet again more cookies - if you eat them, I don't! :p*

Good afternoon/evening all! Must say I'm really please with the way this ship is heading again, seems we're all back on board towards Gutterville! :devil:

Granted it was a huge pain in the ass with the whole Lady V incident (poor word choice I know) but I agree with you here. It did clarify their feelings, or Lindsay's at least. Which in turn makes it a bit more obvious than the whole are they aren't they situation we've had throughout Season 4. I still think that an alternative 'shocker' could've been used other than SMM being a complete moron but anyway... :rolleyes:

I'm having scary thoughts about getting an insight into SMM's mind. Somehow I don't see it just being - I was an ass & I'm sorry. Think it's gonna be a warped, dark, dark place :lol: Bring out the straight jacket!

Can we get a wet SMM since we're getting a rain soaked Linds? Please?

Edit: Barney? :guffaw:

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  7. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

Ok, it has taken me a while but I think that I have caught up with all the posts from the past few days- the pages are filling up fast here :eek: But it is the weekend and for us Brits it is even better - A bank holiday weekend :beer:
    And i am glad that everybody is as confused as me :confused: and wondering what the hell is going to happen for Danny and Lindsay in the next few episodes. It has been interesting to see all the different theories. And i take it that no one liked my idea for a mini messer finale?? :lol: It was the first cliche that sprung to my mind, but not something that I want to see anytime soon. 'Tho I do love those fan fics where they have children :thumbsup:

So Danny and Lindsay are over but us DL shippers will not be disappointed??? The only thing that would not disappoint me is some sort of glimmer of hope that they can get their relationship back on track (although 'Personal Foul' seems really interesting with the banter about the bet). It would be nice to see Danny talk to Flack about Lindsay... so that we could find out what had actually happened without seeing "the talk" itself. So, Danny could tell Flack what had happened with Rikki and possibly put us out of our misery by clearly defining what his relationship with Lindsay was ..... then when Flack asks how things are, Danny could give a small sexy smile :D and mutter that he was working on things with Lindsay. In fact, this could be how we get a flashback to include Rikki, without her actually being in the episode. So no neat little ending but hope for better things to come next season

SooH was repeated here on Friday night - squeeeeee, DL at its best! The courtroom scene has to be one my favourites :D I love how Lindsay seems to draw strength from him turning up her. She visibly perks up when he shows up (to be honest, who wouldn't:devil:) and then the hug and the eskimo kiss.....I love me some fluff!!!
    And DoWaR next week...... which means only one thing the beer and buffalo burgers comment and that mega watt smile from SMM :drool::cool::drool:

8. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Oh, the good old epis............after all the drama I squee even more whenever I watch them. I watched SD some time ago, and yes, I squeed a lot. :D

I really, really hope the writers don't decide to just forget what has happened. I mean, they made Danny cheat, they can't just do as if this never happened. But as we know, they like doing it. The thing with Louie after RSRD is a very good example. One epi Danny has a breakdown, the next epi he behaves normal. That's also why I don't get the whole thing with Ruben. He's still feeling guilty and is full of grief, but after RSRD, we didn't get a single scene like this, and after Aiden was killed, it was the same. Confusing all the way.

I'm hoping Rikki will only appear in a flashback. And please, please, no more drama! Please!

9. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

That is what frustrates me so much! Why is it half the time when something bad happens to him, we get that one episode of him grieving and then is rarely if ever mentioned again...then when a neighbor kid (how well did he really know that kid?) he becomes grief stricken for a very long time? I don't want to sound callous about this, because this was a HORRIBLE thing to happen...but Danny (well the writers) has taken his grief a little too far in my mind. :confused:

I don't think the writers are going to ignore the cheating. I have decided that I am going to enjoy the cute scenes in the upcoming episodes and just write off this season as bust for D/L. Here's to season 5! :thumbsup:

10. Little_Peaches

You know, what the feck is that all about? *rant begins* His best friend is bludgeoned to death my a serial rapist and left to burn out in a car and his big bro is beaten to a bloody pulp & is still (or isn't? Who knows?!) in a coma. How did he deal with that? Cried and got on with it. So his next door neighbour's child dies and he sleeps with her? :rolleyes: Idiot! *end rant*

I have no idea where that one came from. Bleeding fan fics clouding my normal fluffy judgement. :lol:

Yay, Bella I love bank holiday weekends, jeans & heels on and out to party!

Truely for the sake of my TV set/Comp Monitor, it better just be a flashback or 'I'm leaving' moment with Lady V.
    My optimistic side is rearing her head though with this whole basketball game & good old fashioned bets. Silly or smart SMM? :lol: Looks like he's going back to be slightly predictable. TPTB we want no more shocks!

Pointless post by Peaches! My apologies x

11. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Ok i'm feelin kinda ashamed but what does SMM stand for i know its danny.??

Bank holidays are great... i just bought a new keyboard and mouse hence why its hard learning to type again lol.

Both D and L have has a pretty bad time of life haven't they, they pretty much suit each other surely for that lol if anything.

12. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yeah, that's what I'll do as well. At the moment, I rewatch all the old epis, and it feels good. I also liked 'Can you hear me now?', 'You only die once', 'Boo' and 'Commuted Sentences'. I'll just deny the fact that Danny cheated. I'll just enjoy every DL bit we get. Yeah, after this season it's really easy to make me happy.

I 100% agree. As much as I loved what TPTB did with DL in season 2 and 3, it totally annoys me how they handled these three storylines. It was okay to me that they didn't show much about Danny's reactions after Aiden and Louie, and it was also okay that they didn't give us fluffy DL every episode, because actually this show is about the cases. But when they started the whole Ruben/Rikki thing I changed my mind. Because I still don't get why this caused so much grief, and Aiden and Louie were practically forgotten.

Maybe I sound childish, but I want the DL from s2 back. I loved them so much. I'll always love Danny and Lindsay, but it's sad that at the moment I'm even happy with the fact that they're still on the show. I have no expectations anymore. I'll just wait and see.

13. Little_Peaches

me & my acronyms (that is the right word isn't it? :lol:) SMM is Sexy Man Messer, WH,MM is Well Hello, Miss Monroe any others just ask. I started posting them without explaining. Lady V cos I couldn't bring myself to type the poor woman's name and I still can't.

14. cecilia

cecilia Dead on Arrival

That's were I am too. I feel like I am ready for anything since nothing makes sense.

Do you guys ever talk to offline viewers about NY? I was at a little get together yesterday and the convo turned to TV and eventually CSI and out of the blue some one brought up Danny and the neighbor lady (not me, honest!). To be honest, I was a little shocked at how much Danny was disliked. I was the sole defender and I don't think I did a great job because they were upset about things that I don't understand (like why he was inviting L over for a movie ... and it is only going to get worse, I think). I just think that the writer's strike may have really wrecked this storyline; some of them barely remembered who Rikki was.

15. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

The grief was carried over for a longer period this time because the writers are trying to make things more "realistic". I believe I did complain after RSRD because Danny was weirdly fine in the next episode. Now I know better :rolleyes:

(Danny was actually fine by the end of Heroes. His grief didn't even make it to the end of the episode...)

Yeah...never complain about TPTB's lack of...anything, because they find the most horrible way possible to fix it. :rolleyes:

I'm fine with the basketball game but I do hope we get a more serious scene later in the episode to explain why they're suddenly at a basketball game when the last time we saw them, Lindsay was walking out on Danny and repetitively labelling their relationship as a stupid mistake. Yeah...I really hope we're not supposed to bridge that gap ourselves. That would just be...extremely bad writing. "Oh! We need to fix it, let's just give DL a fluffy scene and let them work out how they got there!" -- not funny at all.
    Well I don't really want S2 DL back. I want the bantering from S2, along with the easiness of early S4 and the love between them in late S3. There, bits and pieces of every season and what do you get? A perfect S5! :lol: Yeah, I'll shut up before I jinx it.

I've talked to a few people and none of them liked what happened. *shrugs* Even if you don't ship DL, things like that (cheating etc.) aren't meant to be liked. If you do, well...err...yeah... :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.