Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ok, so this really for Season 9, but we don't have a spoiler thread for Season 9 yet. Or do we?

Apparently, we are getting not one, but two new characters next season.

They are also looking for a female to play CSI Bryce Adams

Ausiello is reporting this, so I guess we'll wait and see how accurate it is.

2. Alex

Alex Lab Technician

3. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

To me, this Ausiello snippet says that Catherine will be gone after the season 9 episodes that will be filmed before the summer break.

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Nope we don't get one of those until the current season ends. But lets remember that what comes out now could change later, the powers that be have been known to start something then scrap it for something else.

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

ATTENTION!!

The episode discussion thread is now up for (#816) "Two and a Half Deaths" all discussions of this ep should go in that thread. As this thread is for Future Episodes.

Thanks. :)

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

"Sexy new CSI on the graveyard shift". Geeeze. Add that to the "handsome, smart, athletic" guy that's coming on and we might as well move the show over to the CW network. :rolleyes:

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Don't know if I am looking forward to season 9 or not. I can see replacing Warrick but why do they need to replace Sara too? They have done well so far with the five CSIs and now they want to bloat the cast again with 6 CSIs! Add Wendy training in the field and another recurring character as Nick's girlfriend and we got way too much paint on the canvas.
    Why screw with the good formula they have now?

8. WornSouls

WornSouls Witness

It seems to be going very soap operaish, if they do it. Hopefully they pick the right people and it works, I still have faith that so far they do a brilliant job casting for each part, you don't know we might all fall in love with at least one of the new characters!

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Oh my god...I can't believe they're going to add in these stupid new characters. I just don't see the reason for it.

First of all, the remaining characters Nick and Greg, will be shoved aside again for these new, young, sexy characters.

And they're going to repeat the Grissom/Sara father-daughter thing with Nick and his new love interest..

What is this-CSI Anatomy!!!

Spare me..I might as well watch Grey's Anatomy!!

10. oldcsier

oldcsier Victim

myfuturecsi And they're going to repeat the Grissom/Sara father-daughter thing with Nick and his new love interest..

What is this-CSI Anatomy!!!

Spare me..I might as well watch Grey's Anatomy

How right you are, from all indications it is headed that way unless something changes.

I think many people have waited years to see one of the younger CSI's step up and when we finally get to see Nick perhaps take the lead, I have the feeling it will be overshadowed by his new love interest. And the focus will be on an evolving love relationship not on how he evolves as a leader.

And as far as the new hires the focus seems to be on young and sexy.

I understand things change, but what I don't get is why after 8 years they seem to be changing things so drastically. Grey's is obviously full of the relationship thing and yet CSI has for the most part beat them out in the ratings. So that sort of tells me that the majority of the people don't want the relationship thing. If that is what people really wanted thay wouldn't be watching CSI because they have never been about that. Why do they feel the need to start pairing people off at this late stage in the game.

Stick to the formula that has made them #1 for all these years.

11. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I agree. I think adding too many new characters who are all young, as well as too many CSIs... it's too much change at once. I'd rather see Wendy become a CSI than have a whole bunch of new characters.

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I don't get any sense of that at all from that article, the replacement is for Jorja's character, not Marg's.

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I believe they wrapped this [past] week.

14. 2imagine

2imagine Victim

I'm not sure where people are getting the May/December relationship with Nick. I thought all we knew was that she was a waitress.

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Because she was described as a waitress working her way through school.
    First she was suppose to be a Social Worker, but apparently tptb changed that. Of course, she could be going to school to become a Social Worker.

But because she is in school there is a possibility that she is in her early 20s, where as Nick is in his late 30s.

However, just because she is in school doesn't necessarily mean she will be in her early 20s. Could be she has decided to go back to school. Which I'm kind of hoping since I really don't want to see another May/December romance and I just don't see that when it comes to Nick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.