"The Theory of Everything" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Just watched it for a second time. I like how Evelyn was talking about the string theory herself in the beginning and then Grissom ended with it.

And poor Super Dave, crying for the deer! :lol:

And Brass..."She's shiny."

Yes, definitely a classic. :)

2. WornSouls

WornSouls Witness

Everything in this episode was perfect, definitely up there as one of my favourites! I especially loved the end, with all the team together, awesome! And yes the whole strings and everything being related/attached, It worked so well, and flowed beautifully. I loved the comedy too. I really loved this episode!

3. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

I think the classicness comes from Carol M writing the episode. She doesn't write often, but when she does they are classic

4. byline

byline CSI Level One

It wasn't just the line, itself, but the delivery. Paul Guilfoyle does the droll, world-weary sarcasm so well (and it's very believable for someone in his character's line of work). Coming out of almost any other actor's mouth, those lines could sound silly, but Guilfoyle's delivery is spot-on.

One of my favorites was when the first suspect denied putting a cocktail dress on the deer and claimed he was taking her to the vet. Brass replied, "Sure it wasn’t a nightclub?"

Also, Brass admitting that his order to "light him up" was a "poor choice of words." Touché!

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  5. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

Hilarious episode, and I totally agree with everyone who said it watched like an X-Files episode.

I love the call-out to physicists with the character names ... Planck and Bohr jumped out at me. I can't remember if there were any others.

A definite A+ on this one.

6. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

Schrödinger the cat, of course (although they named him Shrödinger Martin).
    I'm not sure what Martin stands for, because the real Schrödinger's first name was Erwin.
    But then, Bohr's first name wasn't Dave, either :)

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  7. byline

byline CSI Level One

Would that have been the couple's last name? I can't recall, but people often refer to their pets by their given name and then the family name.

8. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

Yeah, tanks, that's it. I just rewatched the episode and now I get it.
    It's like "Hank/Bruno Grissom" in fanfics...

9. MissKraft

MissKraft Rookie

Distrubing and funny, I admit I really enjoyed this episode.

I do agree, however, with everyone calling this episode a "classic".

I round of kudos for all!

10. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

^ i agree. it reminded me very much of Chaos Theory, really.

circumstantial events that did not lead to any sinister and well krafted plan of the usual murderer. everything connected but not scripted. the result? it's all been an accident and Grissom had a theory to lecture about.

Chaos and String theories sound similar as well. Butterfly causing a hurricane on the other part of the world in CT, and the connectivity of interactions in ST lay close to each other both in regards to physics and philosophy.

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  11. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

Thank you Adzix! I was thinking of Chaos Theory too!

Not much more I can add to this, seeing as everybody's already started, but... some classic lines in this episode. Yet again Brass was fantastic! (It seems every time I review an episode I'm mentioning Brass more and more.)

I loved the whole conversation between Hodges and Wendy, where he tried to show off his Trek knowledge and she shot him down by knowing more about Spock's blood than he did. Also, thank you writers for getting with the program and admitting that girls do watch Star Trek, so many people think all its fans are like Comic Book Guy.

12. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

I'm rewatching "Ending Happy" right now...
    In the scene where Nick finds all the weapons in the hookers' rooms, one of them is a yellow pepper spray can. :lol:

13. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

Yeah, that one was explained with in the episode - it would be kind of hard to miss that!

14. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

The Theory of Everything states that whereas everything is related (sound familar?) , the Chaos Theory states that there is no connection, just diverse events coming together.

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  15. csisue

csisue Hit and Run

I loved this episode!!! What a new and different way of seeing things. If memory serves the Mythbusters were on to dispute catching on fire due to being shot by a taser gun while having a liquid substance on oneself, or something to that effect. I was watching Mythbusters with my son and they actually talked about being on an upcoming episode of CSI.