William/Grissom : The Hotness of #12

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by ladyhunter, Sep 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tenchi74

tenchi74 Victim

yeah right....a BMW rental car. Methinks someone like Grissom would still opt for a more "convenient car" rather than a luxury splurge.

Also, the use of SUVs does seem a little...overboard. But then you got to think, they are in Vegas which is surrounded by miles and miles of desert. So there may actually be a need for the big gas guzzlers.

2. WornSouls

WornSouls Witness

And dare I say sponsorship? Or did I just cross the line? I guess they use what they want to use, sometimes they might get a little extra pay for the plug.

3. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

gotta be said, one thing Manhunter doesn't supply is a 'good laugh'.

It's a fantastic movie, puts the OTT camped up Anthony Hopkins etc Hannibal Lecter movies to shame.

Anyway, talking 'bout Billy P movies, I saw The Rat Pack last night.

Stoopid thing is, I've had it on DVD for about 2 years and never watched it, the minute it's on TV, I watch it :lol:

I really enjoyed it. Stars of the piece where Billy, who was fabulously cheesy as John F Kennedy. And his fellow Chicagoan Joe Mantegna who was superb as Dean Martin.

Oh by the way - Grissom drives an old Mercedes sports car. Do a search on the old Billy Hotness and pic threads from last year, and you'll find the pictures and model etc, posted by me, but I can't be arsed looking for 'em now ;) Best episode to see it in is Pirates of the 3rd Reich. It's the car Lady Heather is stood by when she's waiting for him.

4. ashlmorr3

ashlmorr3 Witness

I don't know, but it's definately not the 80's style that bothers me. Half the movies I own are from the 80's. I love "Live And Die in LA," but "Manhunter" was just funny for me, but I liked it. Maybe because I saw "Red Dragon" first, or something, but then again I laugh everytime I watch that one. I own both movies and I watch both depending on whether I want to see WP or Edward Norton. But hey, in my opinion it's funny, and I'm sure in someone else's it's the best movie ever. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

5. idahomom

idahomom Hit and Run

I finally watched all four parts of "Return to Lonesome Dove." That has to be my new favorite WP movie. Riding horses, flirting with the ladies, leather chaps, etc. Oh be still my heart!

As for the car...in Season one "Anatomy of a Lye" they used Ecklie's Mercerdes in an episode and Grissom said that he'd sold the car to Ecklie.
    "ROBBINS: This is Ecklie's Mercedes?

GRISSOM: Well, actually, I sold it to him five years ago. It was in much
    better condition back then."

In "Formalities" on the commentary they talk about how they debated what Grissom should drive. Even WP had an opinion and they settled on the Mercedes.

Sara drives a hybrid...may be it was a rental car in "A La Cart?"

As for the Denalis, in "Bull" it was a hybrid. I assume since Sara always says "I'll drive" that they are county vehicles they use at work to haul their gear and drive off road. So they take their personal cars and then "roll-out" in the cool SUVs.

6. tenchi74

tenchi74 Victim

well, dunno about the GMs but the BMW was definitely not a plug. I knew it was a BMW because I am a fanatic of BMWs

7. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

I cant be the only one who's noticed that a certain Mr Petersen seems to be in a heck of a lot more scenes in CSI at the moment :drool:

Early season 8, I was getting a tad frustrated with how little he was appearing in a few episodes. But that rest during the strike seems to have done him good! He seems to have been in a heck of a lot more recently.

And surprise surprise - they seem to be some of the strongest CSI episodes in a while, coincidink? Noway!

Hope the same goes for the last couple episodes of the season.

8. WornSouls

WornSouls Witness

I noticed! I also noticed these last couple of episodes have been awesome! The whole team is back and it feels so good, and their leader is in top form! Even when he had a cold. I absolutely loved this last episode, and the end part too! Grissom is back on form! It feels like early CSI! *Is over excited*.

9. wolfe_love_2007

wolfe_love_2007 Hit and Run

yup grissom is just so interesting!

10. alienor

alienor Police Officer

I have ordered it, and I'am looking forward to watching it. It seems very promising.;)

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

HI fans, I'm in the transition mode, a gypsy so to speak, I've moved back to California, and am on a relatives PC at the moment, I miss all the chatter about the "man" he did look good on last week's ep.:drool: and Idahomom he is good in "RTLD" with so many other stars and Barbara Hershey who is in "The Staircase" with him too! "Oh Gideon":( see ya' all soon:thumbsup:

12. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

ah so you've moved eh desert! Is that cos of work?

Anyway, hope you get settled in soon. Moving can be a bit of pain sometimes!

I've not see RTLD, that's one to put on the list.

13. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

Hey desertwind does that mean you will have to change your name to something like seabreeze? :devil::devil:

ALWAYS!!

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

HEY FANS, I'm back just got my internet connected:thumbsup: I've got Time Warner, does anybody have this? I've missed you all, the move was a nightmare from hell:scream:they broke many items, and I was tramutized, & extremly p....off, but trying to move on, hope your all well, here's two letters from the new TV Guide, about our man and his salary:wtf: people who just don't get it:confused:

HOT TOPIC

"I enjoy and think William Petersen does a fine job, & I realize that ge is not the exception when it comes to making an exorbitant salary. However, I can't imagine how he could ask for another $100,000 when he was already making $500,000 per episode. It truly must be a burden to live withint those means"
    name withheld,-- Bellevue, Neb. [shut up] maybe he didn't ask, they offered!!

"I recently heard a teacher talking about the struggle to get by on $2,600 a month. The I read that William Petersen will be making $600,000 an episode. One teaches our children, the other plays make believe. How long will we as a society continue to pay those in the entertainment industry those ridiculous sums of money? Shame on us--name withheld, Rocklin, Calif.

He is the highest paid actor in TV:bolian:

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  15. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

Those people miss the point of the salary -

1. It is per episode he is in and he will be out for several I presume S9 doing his play.

2. For an actor it is what 8-9 years of work on a hit show if you are lucky and no guarantee of a cent after if their next project does not hit gold.

3.WP is an executive producer of the show not just the lead - 2 jobs isn't?

4. Are these people writing their letters looking at what the TV produces on the network who are not acting in the show make???

5. But most of it is THE most watched show! It is nothing without him (IMO) he helped craft it and is the (very handsome!:drool:) face of a whole franchise! yum

6. WP is 1 man (pity - otherwise we could all have a WP for our own!!:drool::drool:) -no one else can be Grissom!! It is hardly like there is going to be 1000s of people paid the same for doing the same job.

7. Obviously too without Grissom CSI Vegas folds and how many people would that meant lost their jobs?!!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.