The British and Irish Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Mar 13, 2007.

1. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Yes I would love that, and to meet other CSI fans, that are as bigger fan as I am, who makes youtube stuff, writes fan fiction etc... Regardless of which shipper, or which show... Be glad to meet new people from my love of CSI.

2. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I just scrolled up....This is definatly the British thread....we are taliking about the weather :lol:

I just popped into say...It's going to be an all English (well English team) final...the first ever!! :D Come on you Red Devils!! :D

3. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Hmm, all english team of what????

4. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

champions league final

It kind of take the fun out of it slightly, well it doesn't, but i know what I mean. Like I want man utd to win now, but if chelsea win, it's not that bad... (even though i don't like them) whereas if it was like the utd-barce final, then it'd be more tense, because you want the English team to win.

that really didn't make sense did it? lol

5. everclaire

everclaire Rookie

The weather here was mental yesterday. It was sunny for a minute, then the loudest thunder of my life, crazy heavy rainfall, but it was still warm enough that it was nice to stand on the balcony in the middle of it all. Funny though, because my friend was up from Edinburgh and my boyfriend and I had been bragging about how it hardly ever rains in Dundee! Scundered!

6. WornSouls

WornSouls Witness

The weather is lovely here in Derby. It's warm and sunny, but as soon as I start gardening the darn clouds come over, and I run in in case it rains. I need to tidy up before the big bloom, and things are already starting to grow like crazy, and my figs are already producing fruit! I really love my garden lol.

7. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

For a change it has been nice today, but as Monday is a bank holiday- i predict RAIN.

8. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

:lol: That's what bank holidays are all about. Today I went to Harewood House, which is only about 20 minutes away from me, with my husband, sister and nephew. We always talk about doing things like that on a bank holiday weekend but never usually get around it it. Either the weather is bad, or we just can't be bothered. But as the weather was good today (I didn't even need a coat) we decided to head out. Harewood House is quite nice, there is the house, gardens, bird garden and planetarium to look at. It was full of families and kids, but not as busy as I was expecting. Other than that, today we also did some gardening, which is such a stereotypical bank holiday weekend activity! :lol:

9. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

So fellow British and Irish friends and lovers of CSI... What shall we talk about apart from the weather????

IS that the only common thing that we all share?

Ok, well heres a "topic", which supermarket do you all shop at??

10. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Its strange this bank holiday at work we were kinda expecting it to be busy i work at McDonalds but we were pretty quiet for our usual day...

My dad was funny we popped out shopping and we wnet to DIY store and dad wondered wh it was so busy forgetting that bank holidays as DIY days.

I shop at Tesco well mum does.... i like Marks and spencer its my treat onthe way home from uni a sandwich or muffin from there

11. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Waitrose. :D Sometimes Marks and Spencer for a treat. :)

12. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I know cant you just tell this is the British thread :lol:

Erm we shop at Tescos :D

.........My local football team Stoke City got promoted today I realy wish I could have gone and watched the match! Stoke havent been in the Premiership for 23 years :D Come on Potters :D

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  13. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Awesome Natty. :D Now that might be difficult if you support them aswell as Man Utd... Hehe, who is you alligiance pledged to? I'm Utd all the way, but then again, I'm from Northern Ireland, so I don't have a local Premier League team... :p

14. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Steffi dear if my life depended on it im a Stoke fan thrugh and through :D But like I said my dad has always been a manU fan so i've sort of grown up with it......Infact I had to force him to take me to Stoke matches when I was younger but those tickets I used to win at school was my way of encouraging him :lol:

15. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

:lol: Ooooh I see, well I don't have this trouble as you can see... :p I love football, I was at an Irish League match yesterday, the team I support (Linfield) won. :D Hehe I was so happy, but mainly cause I stared at the gorgeous goalie the whole time... :angel: