Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Gaelen, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foxy-csi

foxy-csi Victim

Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

Hey,
    I'm a huge fan of the Danny/Lindsay relationship. Can I join?:)
    Also, you guys can call me Foxy and I'm a girl from Canada.

2. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Welcome foxy! Of course you can join! It is always a pleasure to meet a new fan! Soon you will get a warm welcome from others too (and a nice picture ;) )

3. foxy-csi

foxy-csi Victim

Many thanks! I love meeting new fans too. That sounds good to me:)

4. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Was trying to respond to the questions but the spoiler box wasn't working properly.

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  5. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I really think Lindsay already knows about Rikki too. I agree that TPTB really can't afford to have more drama over Rikki, perhaps if there was a full season the thought would have been possible, but if they intend on resolving the situation by the end of the season, I would hope that they realise it's not possible if Lindsay has yet to find out about Rikki. There's just not enough time for them to realistically work through the situation before the season is up, and with the hints we've been getting regarding DL's position by the end of the season, I'm somewhat optimistically hoping that Rikki's scene next week is clear as to what's happened, what's happening, and what's going to happen next, regarding Danny and Rikki's relationship, whether they're willing to forget what happened, pass it off as nothing more than a mistake and keep a friendship, or parting ways entirely, and of course, DL's relationship and where that's going to go.

I agree, and I hope we're right on that part. The lack of clarity is possibly due to the fact it's not clear to them either. Danny's working through his own feelings, and maybe after his initial rejection, perhaps he held back on his feelings when she finally let him back in again, and like you said, out of relief, Lindsay allowed herself to be comforted by him, which eventually developed into love. It would be great if by chance Rikki's scene has Danny finally realising his feelings for Lindsay in a much stronger and concrete way that it's no longer a question as to how he feels about her.

This whole mess started out with a lack of communication, and I think the resolution has to initially come from them seperately. They can't just suddenly talk to each other about it, they need the time on their own to realise what they want, how they feel for each other and when they're both no longer confused as to where they want to stand with each other, then they can talk about it. Am I making any sense? They have communication problems, and I think on both parts it makes sense. I feel that she doesn't trust very easily, and that comes from her own past, whilst Danny's probably a little more reserved with his heart and feelings after Lindsay blew him off the first time.

By the end of it, I really do hope that it's clear Lindsay knows about Rikki, and that they've both decided to try and let it go, to start fresh with each other minus the bad history. They've gone through so much to get to this point, and I really can't see either of them suddenly giving up on each other (no matter what nonsense Lindsay says to try and make it easier to accept). :)

Well one thing about this couple is that they (thank goodness!) don't have a fairytale relationship! They're going through rough times but they'll get out of it together - because I'm going to be extremely cliche and say true love conquers all! :lol:

As for the promo, I really think it's just a red herring to get us all worked up. The guy said "one of their own", and from the spoilers for...I'm not sure if it's for 419 or 420, we know it's Reed that's taken by the Cabbie Killer, so I'm pretty sure that scene was nothing more than to add in more drama.

I really don't think the writers would go the route of having Lindsay in danger and Danny suddenly realising how much he loves her. That's cheap and is fanfiction work at best. It's stupid, and I won't be happy at all with the lack of creativity. Blegh.

I've only seen the promo once, but are we SURE she's flagging a cab? And not just looking like she is? Maybe she's not even at a cab station? Coming out of the subway, soaking wet and she goes home, and finds Danny at her door, also soaking wet and holding a copy of Jaws :p I'm being overly fluffy again... :lol:

I'm still mixed with the basketball game, but I hope it works out to be believable and not pretencious. They may be bantering but I hope there's still some awkwardness between them rather than it seeming like nothing ever happened. A light DL scene would be good IMO, and we could get a heavier one down the road (which I still think might be the finale after all, or in 420).

As for Rikki's scenes, I believe the press release is in order of appearance, and not necessarily screen time. The less the better I think (duh!), but I hope we get something concrete from that scene and definitely not another RND. If it is, then I'm trying to figure out if the writers were replaced with aliens who don't know how to make good TV.
    Hi foxy-csi,

[​IMG]

It's great to have another shipper on board :) Hope you'll stick around and join us nutcases in the DL lovin'!

OT: Ooh! I've been promoted to Coroner! Yay Me! :lol:

Reminder: Please guys, remember to have at least three lines of good posting to keep the thread from being spammy. Thank you! :)

6. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Congrats!

I don't know why, but at the moment this season is really confusing me. I finally want to know if Lindsay knows about Rikki. And I want to know if what happened in 4.16 between Danny and Rikki was the only time (although- actually I don't want to know it........)

At the moment I really hope that next season won't be as confusing as this one. We had some great episodes, but some of them were so full with drama (not crime drama, personal drama), it's really exhausting. I really wonder how the DL drama will go on. Will they clarify everything in one episode (4.19)? Or will there be a cliffie, and we still have no idea what's going on between DL? Will we get some nice scenes between them? And what about the 'you won't be disappointed'? I would be pleased if Danny would finally tell Lindsay everything (as long as he hasn't yet), Lindsay decides that she needs some time, but doesn't push Danny away completely (my fluffy heart would love to see fluff, but this wouldn't fit at the moment). And then I want that Rikki gets a nice good-bye (without causing any more drama but also without just kicking her out). This would be nice. But honestly, I have really no idea what could happen. I just hope, next season will be better for us.

7. ilovedanny2

ilovedanny2 Hit and Run

:guffaw:I like rain! LOL a V8 moment.....ok could you see Lindsay bopping in him the forehead with her hand :lol:

Oh and as for the comments on boxers or briefs.......briefs show more.

8. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^
    ;) Well, it's not that I don't think she already knows, because given her reaction I can easily believe that she does :), it's just that at some point I feel that the writers are letting things a little too much up to everyone's interpretation; maybe (given the obvious fact that CSI:NY fans are in two minds about this) it is their intention, but I think that at some point they have to take a stand and make it clear what their current status is and what they want with this couple.

I agree that when he didn't come to her when he was hurting it must have made her wonder to whom he was turning with his grief and I do think she already had her suspicions by then, despite the fact that she is no good at sharing her feelings, she is not unaware of those of others.

He's not the only one confused about that :lol: But where Lindsay's obvious hints and flirting (with the condom spray and the love handles) would've been enough for him in his former (not so serious relationships) I feel that his confusion is probably caused by the fact that this time -for the first time?- he wanted more out of a relationship and the fact that Lindsay never really opened up to him until RND must have made him really insecure about telling her how he felt...

I don't agree entirely, I feel that they both have already had more than enough time to think about what they feel, what they want. Ruben's death was merely a catalyst for whatever was already amiss between them at that point...To solve this confusion they need to talk...

No, it's just suggested that she waiting on or flagging a cab...it's shots of wet Lindsay (I knew that would get you excited :p) alternated with shots of a cab in the rain...Oh my, soaking wet Danny :devil:

Welcome Foxy and please take note of the shipper central rules too...:) And Liffy congrats on the promotion

9. cecilia

cecilia Dead on Arrival

I completely agree. I feel like I am on a rollercoaster. I do. not! like roller coasters.

I just don't know what to think. I don't understand how the promo ties in with a date at a basketball game. Or how either of them might work with the spoilers I discussed above. For that matter, this poster only posted two times and I just don't know. I do think that 19 is going to provide some kind of clarity at least. I just want Danny to show some definite sign that he wishes to be with Lindsey. The writers can slowly take their time working out all the kinks next season. But if it is shown that Danny really wishes to continue a relationship with Rikki but is some how prevented from doing so by some soap opera plot device like Lindsey's pregnancy or illness, or alien abduction, or amnesia, or ... I won't be pleased.

10. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

:guffaw: I totally agree! I still have hope that what was said about not being disappointed but being pleased wasn't lied but will really happen. I hope everything will be finally okay again. Not fluffy or romantic (they can take their time with that, next season would be nice), but at least like a friendship. NO DRAMA PLEASE! I had enough!!!!!!!!

Yes, exactly! For me, the Danny/Lindsay relationship is the best example for how important it is to talk. Talk about feelings and about what expectations both partners have. Not talking just ruins everything and makes it complicated.

11. dutch_treat

I do hope that they don't bring Danny and Lindsay back together in that way. If Danny really thinks that there could be a 'healthy' relationship between him and Rikki, he should pursue that, but when something (LOL:guffaw: alien abduction) happens to Lindsay that prevents him from doing that, then whatever D/L will be in the future will always be marred by the knowledge that it was not what he really wanted...and that just is no basis for anything imo. So whatever they've decided upon I don't think that this is it....at least it's not something that would make us happy :rolleyes:

Question that suddenly popped in my head: Does anyone know if Ausiello or Kirstin have any additional info when they answer those questions or do they base their answers on the same spoilers as we have :confused:

12. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Congrats man! Takes time and dedication to get that far! :thumbsup:

Why do you think the writers have written them this way? Why do they insist on making it impossible for them to talk to each other? I understand the whole messy history they both have but there is a time when enough is enough and you let it all out. Although, I do agree with you, I think they both needed to take a break from each other and consider what they really want from each other. It should be very interesting what happens in the next couple of episodes...

Well both Kristin and Ausiello have so-called spies that report to them what is going on set but for the most part they go off the same spoilers as us.

13. dutch_treat

^ Ah txs, I didn't know about the 'spies', but I had a slight suspicion that they were just using some of the same info that we have...So that means, that whatever good or bad news they had for us could very well be something that was either written and/or shot, but doesn't end up in the actual eps...I was thinking about this, because the D/L scene that was supposed to be in 4x18 wasn't there, so maybe any future stuff which they both based their answers on could very well not be there anymore either...suddenly makes me very anxious about what will happen to D/L in the next eps all over again...

14. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I'm still not sure about what they said. But I remember that before 4.16 aired, Ausiello said there might be another woman and possibly sex. And he was right. So I still hope that they're right. But I also wonder what they'll do. I can't decide between expecting almost everything but what we're hoping for and trusting in them, because they were the ones who created them.

15. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

hello guys, and welcome to the newbies :)

I finally saw the episode and is it wrong that I didnt miss Danny at all? becuase I seriously didnt. on the other hand I totally enjoyed Lindsay

I havent seen the promo but if they decide to make Lindsay a bait it could very well make him realize how he feels about her. worked the first time. and as for the L word, he could say it to some one else, like this:

SE: Calm down man, she can take care of herself
    DB: I cant calm down, I love her!

as for the lack of communication. I agree that it probably caused a lot of this mess I just cant see them having a communication problem. they have been friends before they became lovers, so they should know how to talk to each other. but on the other hand, maybe they didint know how to communicate as a couple.

it felt like he didnt know what she wanted now and she thought he still wanted the same and none of them bothered to ask. and it worked all right till it suddenly didnt.

I too hope, that Lindsay already knows about Lady V and Im really not that thrilled about her making a comeback, I just try the denial thingy again - it always works :) at least before the epi airs

I dont want Danny to not tell her because that would somehow make what he did OK and insinuate that there was no problems in their relationship in the first place when obviously, there were. they need to aknowledge it before they could solve anything

and now I stop, my eyes start to hurt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.