Somewhere I Belong

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by EvidenceOfMe, Feb 11, 2008.

1. EvidenceOfMe

EvidenceOfMe Dead on Arrival

I'm gonna update later today!! = )

Oops!! Never noticed that before!!!

2. EvidenceOfMe

Ahhhh!! I'm so SO SO SO SO so sorry!!!! :eek: I haven't updated in such a long time!! Ah! :( Life just has been kinda crazy but now I'm on spring break but I'm sick! OK so to make up for not updateing in forever! Here are 3 chapters!! Woo!! :) Please let me know what you think!!

CHAPTER 7 - If You Were There, Beware - Arctic Monkeys

Sara pulled in to the parking lot of her apartment building.

"Well this is it. It's not exactly the spectacular, but it's not bad either." Sara said as she

turned of the engine.

"It's fine." Abby said as she grabbed her bag and got out.

Sara went around the back to get the rest of her luggage.

"So we have about a half an hour before Cathrine and Lindsay show up. Anything in

particular you want to do?" Sara asked.

Abby smiled. "Eat."

Sara laughed. "Okay. I think I have some chips and dip. I should warn you that I'm a
    vegetarian."

"That's cool. I don't eat a lot of meat anyway."

Sara and Abby made their way thru the gate leading to Sara's apartment. As they made their way up the stairs, Sara stopped. She suddenly had the feeling that they where being watched.

"You okay?" Abby asked a few steps behind her.

"Uh, yeah. Fine." Sara said, shaking it off as just being tired.

They entered the small hallway leading down to her apartment. She unlocked the door and stepped inside.

"Well, this is it." Sara said closing and locking the door once Abby was inside. "I didn't know you where coming so, sorry about the mess."

"What mess? Sara, my house is scary sometimes, okay! This is not a mess trust me." Abby said setting her backpack on the kitchen counter.

"So for the grand tour." Sara said. "Okay here's the bathroom. Towels are in the cupboard. As you know the kitchen. Any food in the fridge you can have. I think there's some crackers in the cupboard above the sink." Sara said. "And the living room. Cd player's over there. You can put on anything you like. And in this is my bedroom. Um you can either sleep in here or on the couch, whichever you prefer. And well, that's it."
    Sara said walking back into the living room.

"The couch is fine with me." Abby said sitting down in one of the chairs.

"Are you sure because I can change the sheets for you. It's no big deal." Sara said sitting on the couch.

"I'm sure." Abby said smiling.

"So um what would you like to do?" Sara asked.

Abby laughed. "You already asked me that."

"Oh! Right! You said you where hungry! Okay, sorry." Sara said getting up and getting the chips and dip out for Abby.

"It's fine." She said.

Abby got up and went over to Sara cd player. "Wow!"

"What?" Sara asked coming over to the couch.

"We almost have the exact same cd collection. Except I don't have the more classic rock
    stuff, like Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Iron Butterfly. Woah! You have Outkast?!"

Sara laughed. "I like 'Hey Ya!'. I got it before I got my iPod."

"Oh! I love that song! Dang you have a lot of cd's! Where did you get them?"

"Just random places. A lot of them I got as gift's from Greg. He's really into music too."

"So I can put something on?" Abby asked.

"Yeah. Whatever you want."

A few moments’ later The Arctic Monkeys came on. Their latest cd 'Favorite Worst Nightmare'.

Abby then came over and started eating. "Man this really good!" Abby said her mouth full.

Sara laughd. "Thanks!"

Just then Sara's phone rang. She went over to the counter and looked at the caller id.

'Cathrine'. She answered.

"Hey Cath."

"Hi Sara. I was wondering where you live?" Cathrine asked.

Sara smiled. She gave Cathrine the directions and then hung up after saying good bye.

"Cath and Lindsay should be here in a little bit." She said sitting down.

"How old is Lindsay?" Abby asked taking another chip.

"15. She pretty cool. I think you'll get along." Sara said hoping she was right.

The truth was she thought the girls where almost the exact opposite of each other.

CHAPTER 8 - Shoes 'n' Hats - Smash Mouth
    Around 6:20. a knock came from the door. Sara opened the door to reveal a frazzled looking Cathrin and a very mad looking Lindsay.
    "Come on in." Sara said. 'Oh this is gonna be fun!' She thought, closing the door.
    Cathrine was slightly surprised. She had never been in Sara's apartment before. She didn't know what she was expecting but this definitely was not it.
    The walls where a dark purple, she never would have thought that it would look good as a wall color, but it fit. She had wood flooring and some picture's hanging above the couch. Cathrine couldn’t really see into Sara's room, but the door was lightly open. It looked like the wall's where a sage green with rich purple curtains.
    'Wow! Who knew Sara has this much taste!' Cath thought. She set the spaghetti she was holding on the counter.
    "Here Lindz, you can put that on the counter." She said to her daughter who was holding a bowl of salad.
    Abby, who was still sitting down in the living room, got up and came over. She looked at Lindsay.
    She was wearing a long sleeved pink sweater with blue jeans and pink converse. She was wearing way too much make-up in Abby opinion.
    Lindsay looked right back at her. Abby was wearing blue jeans, a dark blue t-shirt, and black converse that where ripped along the inside. She also thought that she did not have enough make-up on.
    The two girls looked at each other for a moment. Cathrine and Sara looked at each other too. Neither knowing what to say.
    "So...” Abby said, breaking the silence.
    "Yeah?" Lindsay said.
    "I'm Abby." She said stepping forward and extending her hand.
    "I'm Lindsay." Lindsay said while reaching out and shaking Abby's hand.
    "So, let's eat!" Cathrine said.
    Abby, thankful for the distraction, happily went over and started scooping out some spaghetti.
    Once everyone one was settled around the couch, the awkwardness began.

CHAPTER 9 - The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
    Sara looked over at Cathrine. It had been quit now for about 10 minutes while they ate. She sighed and started eating again.
    'Damn spaghetti!!' Sara thought as she tried stabbing it again with her fork. Just as she brought it to her mouth half of it fell of.
    Abby and Lindsay started giggling. Cathrine looked up to see what it was about and started laughing herself.
    Sara glared at them which only made them laugh harder. Sara had spaghetti hanging out of her mouth and some how managed to get some sauce on her nose to.
    As she slurped the noodle into her mouth even more sauce got on her face.
    She got up and went to the kitchen to get a napkin. "Shut up!!" She said. "I can still hear you!!" Sara added as she turned to glare at them.
    Abby, Lindsay and Cathrine could not stop laughing, no matter how hard they tried.
    Sara returned to her seat, still glaring at them once in a while but not being able to hold back her own smile.
    "So Abby, do you have any brothers or sisters?" Cathrine asked, trying to start a conversation.
    "Um yeah. I have an older sister. She’s in college." Abby said.
    "Do you two get along?"
    'These two must hang out a lot! They are asking the exact same questions!!!' Abby thought, glancing from Cathrine to Sara.
    "Yeah, for the most part. I mean, come on we're sisters, we fight sometimes."
    "Yeah Abby was saying she's really in to music. What do you like to listen to Lindsay?" Sara said.
    'God!! This is awkward!!' Lindsay thought as she took another sip of her soda before answering.
    "Um The Fray, Daughtry, John Mayer, The Killers, Collbie Caiilat, Plain White T's and some other stuff to I guess."
    "Those are cool. I hear them on the radio a lot." Abby said.
    "How 'bout you?"

"Uh a lot of stuff, but my top 5 would be Sick Puppies, Linkin Park, Kaiser Chiefs, Evanescence, and Kasabian."
    "Okay, I've heard of Linkin Park and Evanescence, but who in the heck are the other bands!" Lindsay said smiling a little.
    As Abby explained the other 3 bands to Lindsay, Cathrine and Sara made their way into the kitchen to start cleaning up.
    "Well they seem to be getting along okay." Cathrine said.
    "Yeah. To tell you the truth I was a little nervous about how they would react to each other. On the outside they almost seem to the exact opposite." Sara said as she started to wash the dishes.
    "I was thinking the same thing."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    "So what's Sara like?" Abby asked. "She seems pretty cool."
    "Yeah she is. My mom sometimes complains about her, but they get along pretty good now. A while back they had this huge fight. My mom was pi$$ed at her for a long time. Then after a while they kinda became friends." Lindsay said.
    Abby laughed a little. "Now look at them. Their chatting up a storm in the kitchen!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Well Lindsay, we better get going. Let Sara and Abby get some rest." Cathirne said walking in to the living room after her and Sara had finished cleaning in the kitchen.
    "Alright." Lindsay said getting up.
    "Well it was nice to meet you Lindsay." Abby said.
    "You to. Maybe we can get together sometime."
    "Yeah that would be cool!"
    "Well I'll see you two tomorrow at work I guess." Cathirne said.

"Yep, we'll be there." Sara said. "Thanks for dinner."
    "Sure. Well see you later!" Cathrine said as her and Lindsay headed out the door.
    "Bye!" Abby called.
    Sara closed the door and sighed.
    "Well I don't know about you but I'm tired!!" Sara said.
    Abby was about to reply when she yawned.
    "I'll take that as a yes." Sara said. "I'll go get you some blankets. You can get your pj's if you want."
    "Okay." Abby said as she went over to her suitcase.
    When Sara came back in to the living room with some blankets, Abby was just coming out of the bathroom in her pajamas.
    Her hair was up in a loose bun and she was wearing knee length lime-green, purple and orange striped shorts and then a black t-shirt.
    "You look comfy." Sara said as she set the pillow down on the couch.
    "Trust me, I am." Abby said smiling as she started pulling the blankets up.
    Sara went over to the kitchen and turned off the light.
    "Goodnight." She said.
    "Goodnight Sara." Abby said as she reached up and turned off the light above her head.
    Sara went in to her room, tossed on some pajamas and was fast asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'm glad to see another update :)

4. EvidenceOfMe

I wish more people where reading my story.:( I know i've been bad at updateing but my life has been crappy and i haven't had a lot of time. So sorry for taking so long. I'm trying to update more often now!! And don't worry even if no one is reading my story i will keep posting. Please R and R!!

CHAPTER 10 - Haunted - Evanescence
    Sara was running. But not fast enough.
    "Sara!" A deep voice said, coming towards her.
    She looked back but nothing was there.
    "Sara!! Sara!" It called again.
    "Go away!" Sara whimpered. "Get away from me!"
    Suddenly she fell. She kept falling and falling. She hit the ground. She couldn’t move.
    "Sara!"
    "Get away form me!" She screamed.
    Sara looked around. She was in the dessert, but she was drowning. She couldn’t breath.
    "Oh Sara! Come out Sara! I'm not going to hurt you." The voice was louder now.
    "NO!!" Sara screamed.
    Then she saw Grissom. He was running towards her.
    "It's okay Sara, I'm here. Everything's okay! Don't worry."
    As he came closer she was moving father away from him.
    "No, Grissom come back!" Sara yelled.
    But the more she called out to him the faster she moved away.
    "Sara!"

Sara sat up suddenly. She was sweaty and breathing hard. She sighed. Hank was sitting at the end of the bed looking at her.
    "Don't give me that look." She whispered. Hank wagged his tail.
    Sara looked over at the clock.
    '4:30 PM. Crap. I would just like one good nights sleep!' She thought as she slipped out of bed.
    "Stay." She said to Hank as she opened her bedroom door as quietly as possible.
    She went it to the kitchen and grabbed bottle of water out of the fridge.
    "You okay?" Abby asked, now sitting up on the couch.
    "Sorry. Did I wake you up?" Sara asked going over and sitting in a chair.
    "It's fine. I couldn’t really sleep. I have to get used to going to work with you at night. I didn't really sleep on the plane though so hopefully I'll be able to go back to sleep." Abby said.
    "Sorry if it bothered you at all." Sara said, taking another sip of water.
    "It's fine." Abby said.
    "You okay?" Sara asked.
    "Yeah."
    "You sure?"
    Abby smiled. "You sound like my mother. I'm fine. "
    "Okay." Sara said smiling. "Well, I'm gonna head back to bed."
    As Sara was walking back into the kitchen suddenly there was this loud bagging sound.
    "Get on the floor!" Sara yelled at Abby, as she herself hit the floor.
    There was shouting coming from outside and what sounded like glass breaking.
    Sara crawled over to Abby and held her close.
    Then something came flying thru her living room window.
    Sara covered her head and still held on to Abby, who started shaking.
    Then it was quiet.
    All she heard was the two of them breathing.
    "It's okay." She said to Abby, but thought it was also to herself.
    "I'm gonna go get my cell phone okay. I want you to go into my bedroom, okay. I'll be in there in one second."
    "Okay." Abby said shakily.
    Sara got up and went to the kitchen and grabbed her cell off of the counter. as Abby went into her room.
    She hit speed dial number 2.
    "Hello?" A sleepy Cathrine answered the phone.
    "Cath, it's me Sara-"
    "I have caller id you know? And I can recognize your voic-"
    "Cathrine, just shut up!! Someone threw a brick thru my widow and I'm pretty sure smashed my suv!! So can you just get over here! Abby is freaking out! Hell! I'm freaking out!! I'm gonna call Brass, but if you could call Warrick and tell him to get over here! Okay!?!" Sara said in one breath.
    "Okay Sara, calm down-"
    "Do NOT tell be to calm down!!"
    "Okay wrong choice of words. I'll call Brass, okay? You just stay with Abby. Don't leave your apartment. I'm on my way right now."
    Sara sighed. She felt like saying 'I'm not stupid! If I had a death wish, then I would leave the apartment!' but decided not to.
    "Okay. Thanks." Sara said as she hung up.
    Sara looked at her living room. A few hours ago Cathrine, Lindsay, Abby and herself where sitting around the coffee table eating dinner.
    Now the floor was covered with glass.

CHAPTER 11 - By My Side - Kasabian
    After Sara hung up the phone, she made her way into the bedroom. Abby was sitting on the bed, Hank right beside her.
    Sara went over and sat down. 'Well this just sucks!' Sara thought. She could not think of anything to say. Nothing comforting came to mind.
    So they sat there.
    About 15 minutes later a knock came from the door.
    Sara and Abby both got up. "Stay Hank." Sara told the dog as she closed the door behind them.
    Her voice sounded loud in the silent apartment.
    Sara looked thru the peek hole in the door. A concerned looking Cathrine and Warrick met her eye.
    "Hey." She said opening the door.
    "You two okay?" Warrick asked, following Cathirne in.
    "Yeah, just a little shook up." Sara said.
    Catrhine took in the appearance of Sara and Abby. Sara had bloodshot eyes, her hair was kinda frizzy and she looked very tired. Abby looked about the same, except she looked scared.
    Warrick made his way over to the broken window. "Brass is on his way over." He said. "He should be here in a little bit."
    "We’re going to take the two of you back to the lab. So if you want to get some clothes." Cathrine said.
    "What?!?!" Sara said.
    "Sara whoever did this knows where you live! You can't stay here!" Cathrine said. She felt bad for Sara, but she knew it had to be done.
    Sara sighed and sat down on one of the bar stools by the counter.
    "Is this my fault?" Abby asked softly.
    Cathrine looked at her. Abby was staring at the floor.
    "It's my fault isn’t it? If I wasn’t here this never would have happened. I put you on danger."
    "Abby listen to me! This is not your fault, okay!! If it is anybody’s fault, it's the kid's that murdered someone. You are the one that can stop him. Bring closer to the family who lost their son. You have the power to do that! You have the guts to stand up to him, most adults wouldn’t have the courage to do this. You do! Whoever did this is scared of you. I will be right my your side if somthing happens! I won't leave you alone. Okay? Do you belive me when I say this is not you fault!"
    'Whoa!' Warrick thought.
    Abby looked up. "Yeah I do...and by the way you really do sound like my mother." She added smiling.
    Sara smiled back at her.
    Cathrine was speechless. 'Did she really just say that! Holy crap!!' She thought.
    "What?" Sara asked Cathrine who was staring at her.
    "Huh?"
    "Why are you staring at me?"
    "Oh! It's just I couldn't have said it better myself!"
    Just then sirens could be heard coming closer.
    Sara sighed. "I guess I'll go grab some clothes." Sara said as she headed in to her room.
    "I'm gonna grab my backpack and change too. I don't really want a bunch of cops seeing me in my pj's." Abby said.
    Cathrine smiled. "Sure."
    A few moment's latter Sara emerged from her bedroom. She was wearing a pair of dark blue jeans and a blue shirt over a white under shirt, with black converse.
    "You look nice." Warrick said walking over to where Cathrine and Sara where standing.
    "Thanks." Sara said walking over to the fridge and grabbing a bottle of water. "You guys want one?"
    "Sure." Warrick replied.'
    "No thanks, I'm good." Cathirne said.
    Sara grabbed another one and tossed it over to Warrick.

"Thanks."
    "Sounds like Brass is here." Sara said. Now the sirens where a lot louder.
    Abby opened up the bathroom door and came out.
    'Dang!' Warrick thought. "So how old are you?" He asked jokingly.
    "15!!" Abby said. "And now you sound like my father!!!"
    Abby was wearing long blue jeans that touched the floor with a black t-shirt, and black flats. Her hair was down, and she had on a butterfly mood necklace, along with some rings and bracelets.
    Cathrine smiled. "You remind me of my daughter.
    "Hey, I'm in Vegas!! Gotta look good just in case I see a cute guy!!" Abby said laughing.

5. MacsGirlMel

I'm still reading, and I love it :)

6. EvidenceOfMe

Hey! So so so very sorry for not updating in such a long time. :( Life has been crazy right now! So I promise I will post more soon! :bolian:

CHAPTER 12 - Another Tricky Day - The Who
    It about 5 minutes, police where swarming the apartment. Crime scene tape was surrounding Sara's suv and a crowd had now formed, all wanting to know what the commotion was about.
    This first thing Brass did when he came in the door was assign a cop to Sara and Abby.
    "You never leave there sight. Got it?" Brass said.
    "Yes sir." Officer McLain said.
    He looked way to young to be a cop, but when Sara asked him he said he wad 29. Sara thought that was still too young.
    He was about Warrick height; he had light brown hair, and blue eyes. Sara thought he was nice looking.
    "Brass, I'm trained in weaponless defense and I carry a gun. I don't think we need a cop to follow us around." Sara said.
    "Sara remember what happened to Greg? That's what they are capable of. I'm not taking any chances. Cathrine I want you to go back to the lab with Sara and Abby. They should be safe there. McLain I want you to come watch them when they come home." Brass said.
    "Brass, what home?" Sara asked motioning to her living room.
    "Right, um." Brass thought for a moment. "You can stay with Grissom."
    "He's away at a conference. He should be back tomorrow though." Sara pointed out.
    "I would offer my apartment, but it only has one room." Warrick said.
    Brass looked at Cathrine. "I would if I could. My mom showed up and I already promised Lindz she could have a party. She’d kill be if I cancel it." Cathrine said looking at Sara apologetically.
    "Well, Nick’s got a girlfriend living with him." Sara said. "I think me and Abby moving in would screw that up. I hate to say it but...”
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Greg looked wide eyed at Sara. "You’re kidding me right? Cause if you are, you are sooooo dead!" He said excitedly.
    "No Greg, I'm not joking. Abby and I need a place to stay, and your the only one left." Sara said. She couldn't help but smile at his expression.
    "Oh so I'm the last resort huh?"
    "Hey! Don't make me go ask Hodges."
    "Okay, okay! No need to get like that!"
    Abby smiled. "So are you two related or something?"
    "No. Well I better not be." Sara said.
    "How long have you known each other?"
    "About 6 or 7 years now I think." Greg said.
    "Wow! He can count!" Nick said walking in to the break room where the 3 sat.
    "Ha ha. Very funny." Greg said taking a bite of his tuna sandwich. "Ugh!! This stuff taste’s gross!!"
    "How long was it in the fridge?" Nick asked sitting down next to him.
    "Um, don't remember."
    "Well that would be the reason." Sara said. Looking at the sandwich with disgust.
    Abby laughed.
    "What?" Nick asked.
    "I think they are related. They are acting like me and my sister do." Abby said.
    "You calling me a girl!?" Greg asked.
    "No. And I just to let you know if you ever meet my sister to not call her a girl either. She's 6'2 and can beat the crap out of you if she wants."
    "Dang she's tall!!" Greg said.
    "Don't forget I'm taller then you too!" Abby said.
    "Feisty!!"
    "So you find out anything?" Sara asked as Warrick and Cathrine walked in.
    "Yeah, a print of the brick. It matched a guy named William Meza also known as Willy M. Big name in the Snakebacks." Cathrine said going over and getting a cup of coffee.
    "So basically a whole gang is after Abby and me?" Sara asked.
    "Pretty much." Warrick said sympathetically.
    Sara sighed. "Great."

CHAPTER 13 - Tired - Everlast
    "You okay?" Cathrine asked as she walked into the break room to find Sara sitting on a couch looking at the floor.
    When Sara did not reply Cathrine looked over at her.
    She looked pale and tired. Cathrine sighed. She didn't think Sara had even noticed she was in the room.
    Cathrine walked over to the coffee pot and poured a cup for herself and Sara. She went over and sat down next to Sara.
    "Here you go." Cath said handing her the steaming cup.
    "Thanks." Sara said, still not looking at Cathrine.
    "So where's Abby?" She asked.
    "Warrick, Nick and Greg took her out to breakfast. I think they took Wendy and Mia too."
    Cathrine looked at Sara. She was still looking at the floor. Her fingers where wrapped around the hot mug.
    "Sara when was the last time you ate?"
    She thought for a moment. "Dinner with you."
    "And the time before that?"
    Sara sighed and leaned her head against the couch. "Cathrine come on. Please. I'm not a little kid."
    "Sara, I know that. But I'm worried about you. Your pale and way to thin. Now, when was the time before that?"
    When Sara didn't answer, she tried again. "I know you’re a vegetarian, but you need to eat more. Didn't your mother ever tell you to take care of yourself? "
    'Sometimes you just don't know when to stop do you!' Sara thought, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath.
    "The time before that was breakfast yesterday, okay?" Sara said.
    Cathrine talking about her mother was the last straw. She couldn't help but be mad. Sara got up, set her coffee down and left. As she walked away she could hear Cathrine.
    "Sara! Come on. I'm sorry, but I'm worried about you!"
    Sara walked down the halls of the lab. She didn't even realize where she was going until she opened the door and walked in. Sara smiled. She closed the door behind her and went over and sat down behind his desk.
    'Why did all this have to happen when you aren’t here, huh?'
    She opened up the bottom chore on the left. She took out the old photo. She loved it so much. It had been taken on their first date. They had gone to a theme park.
    The picture was of them on a rollercoaster. Grissom was actually smiling, and so was she. She didn't really remember a time when she was so happy.
    Sara pulled her cell phone out of her pocket and hit the speed dial number 1.
    'D@mn it.' It had gone strait to voice mail, so it was either turned off or he was out of range.
    She listened to his voice. "Hey! Just wanted to know how everything was going for you...Um well you'll probably want to know so I'm just gonna say it. Brass put me into protective custody too. Abby and I now have a whole gang after us. I'll be staying with Greg. Don't worry." She added laughing a little. "Anyway um give me a call and I'll give you the whole story. Love you." With that she hung up.
    'Now what.' Sara felt bad for how she left Cathrine but she just couldn't handle her mother being brought up. The day had been hell, and it hadn’t actually been all that bad. She'd had worse.
    Sara yawned. She got and told Judy that she was going to be in Grissom's office taking a nap if anyone was looking for her.
    Everyone knew that they where together, and no one really cared that their coworkers where dating. They where all happy that they where finally together. The only on that did care was Ecklie and no one cared about him.
    So Sara closed the door and the blinds. She went over to the couch in the corner and laid down. Soon sleep took over her thoughts, that now became her dreams.

CHAPTER 14 - Change Your Mind - The Killers
    Nick, Wendy, Mia and Abby where walking down the halls of the lab, after finishing their breakfast. Greg had gone home to make sure everything was clean and looked okay. Warrick was about to pass out because he was so tried so he also headed home.
    Nick had said he would take Abby and Sara over to Greg's after they stopped off at the lab to get Sara.
    "So what do you do for fun?" Wendy asked as Abby.
    "Um well, I don't really do much of anything. My life is pretty boring. But I do play acoustic guitar and sing." Abby said.
    "Oh! Maybe we'll have a talent show! That would be fun." Mia said.
    Wendy laughed. "And who would acutely do it?"
    "I would." Nick said smiling.
    "I can get Henry and Hodges to help plan it." Mia said. "What do you think Abby?"
    Abby smiled. "I would totally do it."
    "Sweet! You want to help Wendy?"
    "Sure. What the heck." Wendy said. "Well I think we better get out of here before Ecklie complains about us hanging around."
    "You’re probably right. So I will see you sometime soon Abby." Mia said smiling up at Abby. "Man! Either you are really tall or I am seriously short."
    Abby laughed.
    "See you late Nick." Wendy called over her shoulder as she and Mia went off sown the locker room.
    "So now what?" Abby asked.
    "Now we find Sara." He said as they kept walking, looking thru the glass walls.
    After about 20 minutes of searching, with no sign of Sara and calling her cell phone 3 times, Nick was starting to get worried.
    So he decided to go ask Judy if she had seen Sara leave.
    "Oh she said she was going to take a nap in Grissom's office. She did look pretty tired." Judy said.
    "Great thanks." Nick said as the two of them went around the corner to Grissom's office.
    Nick knocked on the door first, he was not expecting an answer and he was right.
    He slowly opened the door and walked in, closing it behind Abby. Sara was asleep on the couch.
    But she was not sleeping soundly like he had hoped. Sara was mumbling and turning over.
    "She had a nightmare last night too." Abby said softly.
    Nick went over and knelt down beside the couch. He placed his hand lightly on Sara's shoulder.
    "Hey. Sara." Nick said.
    In a few seconds Sara was wide awake. She was breathing heavily and still looked tired.
    "You alright?" Nick asked.
    "Yeah...yeah I'm fine."
    Nick wanted to know what she was dreaming about, but knew not to press the subject.
    Sara was thankful when Nick did not ask about her dream. She hadn't had one like it in a long time, since before she was with Grissom.
    It had scared her. And the fact that it scared her, scared her even more.
    "I told Greg I would bring you over to his house. He went home about a half hour ago to clean up." Nick said.
    He looked over at Abby. She was looking at Grissom's bug collection.
    "Wow." She said softly. "Did he get all these himself or as a kit or something?" She asked.
    Sara and Nick laughed. Just the thought of Grissom buying bug's as a it made them laugh.
    "No. He got them all himself." Sara said.
    "This butterfly is really pretty." Abby said.
    "Yeah. Butterfly's are his favorite. You should see his house. He's got a whole wall of them." Sara said, smiling at the thought.
    "That would be so cool!" Abby said walking over and sitting in one of the chairs in fromt of Grissom's desk.
    Abby smiled at Sara. "What?" Sara asked looking at her.
    "Mia and Wendy are planning a talent show for the lab."
    "What?" Sara asked looking at Nick.
    "Yep. Abby said that she played guitar and sang so Mia got the idea to do a talent show." He said.
    "Do you play anything Sara?" Abby asked.
    "Heh! No! I will be a judge or something."
    "No way are you getting off that easily!" Nick said. "I've heard you sing before and excuse my French, you are damn good!!"
    "No I'm not!! I suck!" Sara said.
    "Well know that I know you can sing your going to. No matter what." Abby said giving Sara a stern look, but was unable to keep the grin from appearing.

Again sorry for not updating sooner!!

7. melbel

melbel Pathologist

8. MacsGirlMel

Glad to see more of this :)

9. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I honestly have to say, I identify with Abby in this. Been there... scared me too, to be honest.

Okay, I'll edit this when I get further in the story... lol :)

Okay, I'm back. I like this story so far... it's really interesting. Can't wait to see more. :)

Last edited: May 7, 2008