CSI: NY Season 4 Spoilers! Discussion in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Elsie, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dims

Dims Hit and Run

oh yeah definitely...i agree it is definitely a red herring....i mean we know its Reed...but maybe just use her as a possible kidnap victim so as to have a cliffhanger for the next ep.....and since rikki appears at the end maybe try sth like that...i dont know....it is just this promo got me all confused....it focuses only on th cab killer while there is one more storyline..isnt it?

:confused:

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^I doubt she and the cabbie killer will actually cross paths. Maybe Danny chases after her and we finally get to hear his side of the story and then the cab pulls off. Or she's doing undercover work again, though, given it wasn't her job last time, I can't see why she'd do it now...except in the hopes of provoking some kind of emotional reaction from Danny. Hey, it worked last time, right?

I think the whole preview is a red herring so that we don't know it's Reed who gets abducted.

3. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Yeah, I feel stupid now. I got the episode names mixed up :p

^I hope that Lindsay and the cabbie killer don't cross paths, and the fac that it's Reed they find in the trunk kinda makes me think it's a red herring too.

I didn't think Lindsay looked upset in the promo...is that just me? She just looks wet. :p

4. Top41

She looked a little agitated to me, but I could easily be wrong. It's hard to tell without context I think!

5. Dims

Dims Hit and Run

yeah ..she looked a bit agitated to me too....nervous...but def like sth was wrong.....plus just standing there while it rains so hard....whats that for?

and i dont think she is the bait for the cab killer.....dont we know its not the labs people work to act as baits? shouldnt it be someone from Flacks team?

i really dont know..im just trying to make some sense...:rolleyes:

6. Top41

Yeah--as a CSI, Lindsay shouldn't be going undercover--that should be left to the detectives on the show. So I doubt that's what's happening.

7. ilovedanny2

ilovedanny2 Hit and Run

Get used to it....us D & L fans will be very happy to have them back together and Rikki history.

I just hope that preview wasn't a tease unless she is the bait.....she has a gun....gets in and realizes something is happening and shoots the driver but I don't think Mac would put her up to that.....he's like a dad to her and looks out for her and Danny would have a shit fit. He had one with the Holly case.

8. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Wow. Obnoxious much?

As to your assertion that Lindsay won't cross paths with the Cabbie Killer, I agree, but not for the reasons you put forth. Lindsay won't be used as bait for the Demon Cabbie of Bleeker Street because she's already proven unequal to the task of decoy. In the jewelry heist in S2, she attempted to pose as one of the Holly-Go-Lightly robbers only to be sussed out by her utterly lacking poise and her complete inability to lie effectively. Granted, Lindsay thought the kidnappers had no clue what the third girl looked like, but her awkward, "I've got a pinecone crammed up my happy valley" delivery did her no favors.

So, you're right. Mac wouldn't allow Lindsay to be used as bait, but it has nothing to do with him viewing her as a daughter or his fears of Danny "throwing a shitfit". There's scant evidence that Mac views her as anything more than a subordinate who needs watching due to repeated displays of ineptitude and immaturity, and as for Danny, let's face it: Man has a meltdown twice a week; three times during playoff season. Danny's potential angst no longer fazes Mac.

Mac will keep Lindsay away from the Cabbie case in a decoy capacity because he'd like to solve it before he retires.

9. Top41

Let's lose the attitude please.

Don't feed..., yadda, yadda. ;)

So true. :lol: Danny having a meltdown over anything and everything is pretty much expected by now.

:lol: :lol: :lol: So true. If I thought the cabbie killer would actually off Lindsay and take care of this show's albatross, I'd be all for it. But I don't want more Lindsay angst, which is just painful to watch, and that's all it would be since sadly Anna Belknap isn't following Gary Dourdan and Khandi Alexander's examples and departing.

10. owlki

owlki Witness

Oh, jeez, that's gold! I almost peed in my pants! :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

11. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

I saw the promo, and I have my reservations. Promos are misleading, and this one I definitely think that falls into that category. I join the people who say that if Lindsay is the next potential victim I won't be happy. And yeah, it would be, let's say awkward if that happens and Danny sees the light. I definitely have my reservations to the next week's story.

Yes, Danny is always the damsel in distress, and I agree Mac's not impressed by his breakdowns anymore :lol: (I imagined Mac having a :wtf: look while Danny whines, and says "Whateva")

12. Redsiren

Redsiren Hit and Run

Ain't that the truth? :guffaw:

13. Redsiren

Redsiren Hit and Run

First, I gotta say that I screamed at the TV when they showed Reed in the cab for next week. Thank god no one was around 'cause I literally jumped up on my bed and went 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!' :lol:

Secondly, if Baldwin IS anywhere in the next few season I will LOVE IT. He's a great actor, and it'll be nice to see him play someone OTHER than Jayne for a change. :thumbsup:

14. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

That promo is pretty misleading.

I'm feeling that its 2 separate storys they decided if we merge it together we can just confuse the viewers completely.

Definately got me desperate to see i though.

15. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I agree, but aside from that she really doesn't look like she's undercover. She looks like someone who's trying to get home (or wherever) at night, in the pouring rain and the subway's closed. She also doesn't look like she's hailing a cab, she looks like she doesn't know what to do which I guess is possible. She's peering out onto the street, and is possibly conflicted about how she's gonna get wherever she needs to be. A foiler if ever there is one imo.

Last edited: May 1, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.