Grade 'Admissions'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 30, 2008.

?

How would you grade Admissions?

1. A+

21 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. A

24 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. A-

11 vote(s)
    18.3%
  4. B+

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  5. B

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

New ep takes the CSIs back to school! :D What did you think of it? :cool:

2. hyburn8

hyburn8 Hit and Run

One early note...

As others have previously noted, Danny is WAY over using "BOOM" and it must be stopped but Flack must never utter that word again. Ever!

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

ETA: hyburn8, I'm pretty sure Flack was the one that said 'boom' first, in season one--before it became Danny's sunglasses of justice. I know I remember his 'boom, done' line in "Blood, Sweat and Tears".

Ok, I'm going to just type here when I think of something to say, then submit it when the episode goes off. :p

~ OMG I SAW A FAT PERSON! :eek: It's like I've spotted the Loch Ness monster or something. I didn't think there were any fat people in NYC.

~ Aww, that scene with Flack, Stella and Mac was cute.

~ Boom! It's been a while since you said it, Donnie boy. :D

~ Ok, that scene with Danny and Hawkes was ADORABLE! I was sitting there thinking how much I love him being nerdy, then Danny said it for me. :p

~ Nice mention of the taxi cab killer even though the episode doesn't concentrate on that.

~ SID!

~ Oh God, I love Sid! Of course he'd think about drinking acid and performing an autopsy on himself. Mac, you're so mean--but I love it. :p

~This episode has some good moments between the characters so far, I always love that.

~ ADAM!

~ Hahaha, wtf dude? Did he seriously talk about ho-hos? :lol:

~ 'Build me a high school gym.'
    'Ok. *opens box* What uuup?' Win! :lol:

~ Ooh, cab killer! I wasn't expecting to see him in this one past that mention earlier.

~ Flack drives. Hehe. :p

~ Ok, that out-of-order dryer/door was pretty damn awesome, I gotta say.

~ Haha, Flack's the bad cop. :devil:

~ Ooh, maybe not--Mac, I like it when you're stern. *waggles eyebrows*

~ Adam again. *snorgle*

~ Oh dear, Gerrard's not very happy. O_O

~ God, I hate Lindsay's facial expression when she's talking to kids--or high school students, apparently. *annoyed*

~ Aaand Danny has officially disappeared--he had, what, two scenes?

~ Adam and Stella! *smish*

~ Adam's got a good eye--did you remember those skull and crossbones cufflinks because you think they're awesome? :p

~ "It's Microsoft's world, kid, I'm just livin' in it."

~ Flack does not like Mr Carver.

~ Sheldon is so pretty. :p

~ Hahaha, Adam. :lol: Wtf was he doing?

~ Ok, Natalie and Gerrard had me tearing up a bit. :(

~ However, that being said, in that scene Lindsay just...DEAD FISH EYES GAH!

~ You better not be trying to slice my Flack up, betch! :mad: Beat him up, Donnie!

~ That kid creeps me out.

~ Nice scene with our four in the precinct.

~ :eek: Gerrard...

Overall, it was a good episode with good guest-actors for Natalie and creepy-Jesse/Hank. There were nice little moments between the main characters. Danny was barely there, but I assume it's because they filmed 18 and 19 at the same time. My guess is he'll be in 19 more than he was in this one. We'll see.

Speaking of the promo--God, I hope that's clever editing and not them putting Lindsay in as bait to try to get this guy (or, heaven forbid, they have her be stupid enough to get into a cab). :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  4. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I gave it an A-.

It was an interesting episode, and I really liked it. The first ten minutes they were all being so cheeky with each other it made me giggle :lol: I loved Danny's answer to Hawkes's chemistry equation....N(e)R(d)...those two are so funny together =]

A 32 year old guy impersonating a 17 year old? Creeeeeeper. But still, chilling how neither one of them showed any remorse...pure sociopaths, there. I did like the ending, too. If it had been my daughter that had been attacked, I know I woulda done the same...

I wish we coulda got a follow up on the taxicab killer, though. I'm glad it was mentioned, but after the previous episode i was anxious to see what happened ASAP. Next week's ep looks good though, and I can't wait to see it =]

5. Faylinn

As much as I want to see the taxi cab killer arc resolved, I'm not surprised that they threw this episode in there--they were able to continue it with a few scenes, but they didn't have to devote a whole episode to it. If they're going to drag it out through the end of the season, they kinda had to do that--they'd look bad if they kept chasing him around episode after episode, you know?

I definitely sympathize with Gerrard--he and Natalie had me getting a bit emotional over here, and I'm not surprised that he did what he did. He told her he would never let anybody hurt her, and he finds out that someone did. :(

Although I guess this means we won't be seeing him around anymore--it's a shame, really, because I think there was a lot of lost potential for the character. Still, I guess they had to use him while they could--with recurring guest stars, you never know if you'll be able to get them later on or if they'll be busy with other projects.

6. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I liked the episode... it was interesting.

I have to say that when they first started talking to Natalie, I slightly saw that plot line coming. And when the gun went off, I knew it was Gerrard. Wonder what that means for him now?

I gave it an A. I thought the beginning was hilarious, and Adam cracks me up. I love that Mac smacked him with the folder to get his attention... lol Can't wait until next week's episode. :)

7. StellaMac

StellaMac Witness

CSI:NY, just WOW! This show is fucking genius.

Seriously, this show makes me so proud. Week after week, they bring it and the stories get better and better. Unlike some CSI show I won't name *coughmiamicough*.This episode gets an A+ from me. It was absolutely GENUIS. Twists I didn't not see coming. The criminals were geniusly-twisted to think of something like that and actually pull it off.

Danny/Sheldon moment was funny.
    Danny: oh oh oh, pick me. [writes]'NER(D)!'
    Sheldon: That's cold man, cold.

Stella/Mac being so in sync that they think and talk a like.

Mac/Sid - cute! :-D

Danny/Don reference of them spending too much time together *squee*

Adam - YOU'RE TOTALLY MADE OF AWESOME.

Inspector shooting the guy at the end :O SHOCK! He can kiss his career bye-bye.

Preview for next week, OMG! OMG!

8. Redsiren

Redsiren Hit and Run

Okay, so I held off on registering until now, but this episode was so good that I had to join in on the grading. I'm giving it an A. It was pretty classic in my book.

"Boom." Hilarious. And Flack's reaction even more so.

Adam was golden tonight. Every time he was on screen, it was priceless. And it was like Christmas morning when he opened that box.

Sid, creepy but oddly loveable as usual. Who else would daydream about drinking acid?

The scene between Danny and Hawkes was so fun. Those two need more moments like that.

The two perps were SICK. I've never felt so strongly about two suspects on that show as I did about these two.

And my god, I did NOT see that ending coming. I was assuming there would be a tune up, but I didn't think they'd actually take it in THAT direction. I'm waiting to see if it gets brought up in the next episode.

9. StellaMac

StellaMac Witness

Yeah, although not as creepy as a 30yrs old + dude playing the brother on Hannah Montana. That's seriously creepy. Actors portray younger roles all the time sometimes it's fine but in that case, it's too weird. And in this episode of CSI:NY it was SICK!

Yeah, there were fucked up and yet genius at the same time.

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I gave this episode a B.

Danny and Hawkes in the classroom was priceless.

We actually got to see more Hawkes than Danny this episode. :eek: He was even in on an interrogation with Stella! :eek: :thumbsup:

Mac telling Flack he's working too much with Danny and Flack's expression after were priceless.

Flack's irritation at the ass kissing kid was priceless.

Adam, did you get your hands on the Peyote? :wtf: He was so weird this episode and got busted by both Mac and Stella. I love Adam. :guffaw:

I loved that the one evil guy tries to cut Flack and Flack just levels him. Don't screw with Don Flack or you will suffer the consequences! :mad:

How the hell did Stella pick out the counselor guy and the evil dude in that picture? Seriously, it was a wide shot and they were in the darkened hallway. :rolleyes:

It's a good thing Natalie had her eyes closed during her admission to Lindsay. By just hearing her voice Natalie could assume Lindsay was being sympathetic because she didn't have to look into the Dead Fish Eyes of Doom. :rolleyes: ETA: I had not read Fay's post when I made this comment. :lol:

Pissed!Stella, oh I love you so.

The elaborate plan of the two pedophiles was equal parts disturbing and lame. Part of me was going "What is this Criminal Jump Street?"

Gerrard!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek: I totally get why they had him kill the bastard, but I really liked Gerrard as a foil for the team and he won't be doing that anymore. :( I give TPTB major kudos for a completely unexpected, jaw dropping ending, though. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The promo for next week better be damned deceiving. The last thing I want to see is Lindsay having to be saved from the taxi killer. And if she does become bait/victim that better not make Danny all of a sudden be all "I love you Montaaanaaaa!" Seriously, I'll be :scream: and :brickwall:

11. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Ha! Excellent analogy. *runs to add that show to her queue on Netflix*

I really liked this episode. The interactions between the characters were priceless and it was good to see the ribbing and the snark come back. My absolute favorite was the scene between Mac and Sid: you could tell that Sid really does think about doing these things, but Mac seems to be comfortable enough with him to not be squicked out but rather amused.

The twists were pretty good, but I was absolutely not expecting them to put the high and mighty Gerrard in such a position. It will be interesting to see if they carry it through to his prosecution, or if it gets lost in the wilds of not-continuity.

12. Faylinn

[​IMG]

I amuse myself. :p

13. Surreal_44

Surreal_44 Hit and Run

All in all it was a good episode for me.

There was no emo Danny to deal with -- and in fact he was barely in the show. Thank goodness. That also prevented any interaction between Lindsay and him, which meant there was no chance to attempt to heal/rekindle the Doomed Emotional Trainwreck Office Relationship Thing.

Beyond the fact that there was nearly no Danny, the episode was handled very, very well. Hawkes amused me this time around. I've been pleasantly surprised by him this season because he normally grates on my nerves, but I've actually enjoyed him for the most part this season.

And Adam...oh Adam. Do I need to say anything more? He's great. And so is Sid. I am REALLY enjoying the Mac/Sid interaction from the past two episodes. They really, really need to have more scenes with them together.

At first I thought it was going to be a kind of silly episode -- the questioning of the students (loved the "Nancy Drew" one!!) was particularly amusing, as was all the banter between the CSIs and Flack.

One thing that's interesting to me is that this shows once again how close-knit a group they have all become since the show first started. Picking up on each others' lingo, teasing each other...it's all very comfortable and relaxed.

They really have become a family.

Which leads me into my favorite bits of the show. The scenes with Gerrard and his daughter are incredibly powerful and almost painful to watch.

The rape itself was difficult to listen to. As a survivor of rape myself, I can empathize with Natalie's shame and guilt. The writers really seemed to have picked up on how it feels to be a victim of rape. When she turned to the window where she knew her father was standing and she said "I'm sorry, Daddy", it about tore my heart out.

Gerrard's tears and Mac's silence were a perfect ending to that scene. I really, really liked the ending. Gerrard shooting one of the men who raped his daughter was an amazing ending. And again, there was silence between Mac and Gerrard. There was nothing really to say. The resignation and the satisfaction on Stan's face as he set his gun on the table just...wow. I'm really awed by the performances in tonight's episode.

I didn't find Lindsay's performance to be too horrible. I'm not sure where the Dead Fish Eyes is coming from, because I think for a character who is not that great at dealing with emotional traumas (either her own or other peoples'), she did a pretty damn good job. She kept the flow of the questioning at a perfect pace, she prodded for information when necessary but she wasn't overly-aggressive or so clinical that she came off as being stiff and unresponsive towards the victim.

More review on this later, when I get to watch it again. I gave it an A. :-D

14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

:lol: You didn't lie when you said you would post that.

The comments I have read so far sound good. I still have to wait another 20 minutes, but I'll probably wait to grab it from iTunes in the morning and watch it at school. lol.

15. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

Maybe Carmine got put on the show's DL list, to heal up whatever he did to his leg. I got linked into some recent Ceesau pics the other day, and Mr. G was using a walking stick in them, so that limp everyone was going on about in I think it was the last ep, for realz by the looks of it. (Unless of course, he's perfecting the 'pimp' look... :lol: )

(And now we all know I's been watching way too much baseball...) :lol:

Moving swiftly along. I liked this one. Everyone's pretty much covered most of the points, like the Danny/Sheldon scene and Mac drawing attention to Danny and Don's 'relationship'. :p

I liked the way they kept coming back to the Cab Killer. Considering the heavy emphasis on the crucifix hanging from the mirror, I think the Leviticus 27:29 theory is probably spot on.

As for the case, those guys were just total fucking skeeves. My skin is crawling from that.

On a final note - Gerrard. Carmen Argenziano - I've never ceased to be amazed by his skill ever since he brought his talents to SG-1. I'll be interested to see what they do with this...

Last edited: May 2, 2008