Hill Harper/Sheldon Hawkes #2: He's Got Panties

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MrsGiovinazzo, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, rockgirl_stefi. :)

I got bored and made this macro--Sheldon has figured out how he can get more attention...

[​IMG]

:lol:

I also made these two:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stop being mean and ignoring Sheldon! *waggles finger at the writers*

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

That is perfect! The look on Hawkes' face is priceless and poor Danny is his usual oblivious self. It's too bad Sheldon wasn't holding the bone saw during that scene. :lol: It's a shame Hill is so ignored. The man is so talented and Hawkes is such an interesting character to be explored.

3. owlki

owlki Witness

Your macro cracked me up, Faylinn! That's so funny! :guffaw:

4. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Good news everyone! You can, if you are interested, pre-order Hill's new book at Amazon. It's due to be released on June 3, and I don't remember exactly when it came, but I pre-ordered Letters to a Young Brother and I believe it showed up in under a week.

5. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

sweet! :D Thanks for pointing that out, Springmoon! If it's half as good as the first one then I'm definitely interested in reading this too.

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

[/quote]

That is beyond hilarious! Hawkes is looking at the innocent Danny with murder in his eyes! :lol:

I can see it now:

HAWKES: "My abs are better than yours, biiiiatch!!!!" :klingon:

Sweet!!! That's awesome--the cover design looks really nice. I can't wait to find out where he'll be going on his book tour!

7. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I'm going to make it a point this time to not be hung over if his book tour comes my way. Unfortunately, there was a chain of book stores catering to African Americans in the DC metro area that hosted one of his signings that has now closed, so I'll have to pay extra-special attention this time.

$15.30 plus shipping is not an unreasonable price at all! Something to read on my plane ride out to the LA meetup. Whoo hoo!

8. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

Greetings, O dwellers of the Harper/Hawkes thread! I was wondering what episode mentioned that Hawkes graduated college at 18 and was a liscensed surgeon by 24? I read that on the net, but I don't remember it being mentioned, but I probably haven't seen the ep in a while. And if it's the pilot, I'm going to kick myself, because thats really obvious...

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I know that stuff was in his little blurb back in the day, but I don't think it was ever mentioned on the show itself. I think the most we got about his background was in 3.09 "And Here's to You, Mrs Azrael". :)

10. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i believe that was posted on the official NY site, on CBS.com under Hawkes character bio, that is how we know about it. Unfortunatly his character is so underused, we don't really know that much in the show.

11. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

So I notoriously forget what's in my queue at Netflix and I was sent this movie in early January and only just got around to watching it last week. Let's just say that it's time out of my life that I will never get back, yet watched the entire movie because I kept hoping it would redeem itself.

30 Days is a movie that not even Hill's performance could improve, nor did Taye Diggs' exceptionally fine self make any better. It's the story of two high school basketball players, one black, one white, who, after a racially motivated scuffle during a game are made to switch places in each other's neighborhood for 30 days. Of course they both learn fantastically speedy lessons about "white" and "black" neighborhoods in this short time and return to their homes as model citizens.

The movie had very superficial treatment of race relations, and the characters were shallow and stereotypical. It tried to make a serious statement, but was just bad. All in all, not a good movie to rent. Sorry Hill!

12. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

^ Good to know. I haven't seen that one yet. But I've gotta believe that any time spent watching Hill and Taye Diggs is time well spent. I know I get my groove back whenever I reflect back on Taye's shower scene in "How Stella Got Her Groove Back". :devil:

13. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

They play brothers in this one. Unfortunately, there's no shower scene (curses, foiled again!), but Taye Diggs... *cut to the sound of me re-naming by battery-operated boyfriend*

Hill plays a high schooler and surprisingly was able to look that young! Shave that man's head and face and he looks like he's barely old enough to drink!

14. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Taye ... mmmm, oh yeah, excellent name for a battery-operated boyfriend. :devil:

Hill can look remarkably young. Man's past 40 and still has a baby face.

15. PalmettoHunna

PalmettoHunna Hit and Run

I'm just glad to see that I am not the only one that sees Hawkes as the totoal package...sweet, smart, sexy, and can we talk about his full lips. Lord knows I like me a pair of big ole Soup Coolers...So why is single and gets no screen time?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.