Dexter

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by LoneWolfe001, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I wonder how much they've edited it, I mean CBS starts to show it as well, but edited version as well. I guess you'd get more gory with original version :p

Thankfully Canal+ provides Showtime :D And I assume our Nelonen didn't edit it... not sure tho.

But it's a great show, I have to say.

2. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

They edited it for swearing. Apparently his sister swears a lot so they changed what she says. I wouldn't have even realized if I hadn't been watching with my friend who has seen it before.

I get Showcase which airs all of Dexter but I never watched it on there. I hope they re-run it so I can see it in all it's glory. :p

3. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I checked out this show last night when it was on CBS. I have to say that I was creeped out by the show and had mixed feelings. It is disturbing but in its own way fascinating. I am going to watch next week to see if I will watch more.
    There has been some concern from parent watchgroups on if this kinda show should air on network TV because of its content. There was an article in Time about this. So who knows if they get their way it might not be on network anymore.

4. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Apparently? :lol: Ah yes, the language. I guess I haven't paid much attention to swearing. Would be wonderful, if they just added beeps :lol:

I hope it gets it's next season.

5. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i think ctv showed the edited version just to save money...since they air swearing all the time. They showed the sopranos uncut, but it was probably cheaper just to buy the same version as CBS.

I hate those parents watchdog groups. They watch shows that offend them just to complain. Seriously, kids won't be up at 10pm, and if they are, well then you probably don't care what your kids watch. I think the american mentality is a little off, its ok to have people being chopped up, but no swearing or sex. And heaven forbid allowing a gay character...

yeah, two of the characters swear a lot, Deb and Doakes, but it is kind of realistic to police work.

I think it is somewhat less disturbing because he kills 'bad' people, i think serials who are sexually turned on by killing are much worse, but it is fascinating, especially his inner dialog. Dexter is probably the most realistic psycho i have seen portrayed in the movies or on tv. But it is a lot of blood...i watched the first season in a day, wow...so much blood...

6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I saw this show last night too. I hope that it does stay at it's time slot at 10pm. That is pretty late to have children watching...

Anyway, I like his inner dialog as you said xfcanadian. It is disturbing in a good sort of way. His fascination for blood is really interesting.
    I saw that they did edit some of the swearing too, but it still made sense.

I've never seen it, but I like it so far.

7. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

Dexter is one of my favourite shows. I watched both season 1 and 2 and it's really facinating. I'm not gonna spoil anything for the people who will watch it on CBS, but it's really good. :)

8. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I told my mom about this show and she's totally against it. She was like, "but he's taking the law in his own hands and that's bad!" She thinks some unstable teenager out there watching is going to think it's okay to kill someone if they're a killer themselves (lol).

But I can see her point of view, in a way. It's not giving off the best message, but what is these days? :rolleyes:

I find this particularly weird:

That's pretty disturbing. But it makes for good TV and interesting storylines, I guess. I mean, that's why I'm going to watch it. It's interesting. :p

9. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I am really starting to get into this show and now am wondering how many other Showtime shows I am missing.

I like Michael Hall, he has such a boyish charm. I like the storylines and how Dexter tries to fit into "normal" life.

10. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

At first, I was rather cautious and stayed away from it. However, after I watched the first episode, it began to grow on me.

11. Cara1090

Cara1090 Dead on Arrival

I love Dexter. I love his facination with blood.

I love Michael C. HAll, he makes seriall killers look sexy.

12. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Great episode Sun night, which I finally just watched last night. Dexter getting a little paranoid about the possiblity of getting caught. The whole time Dex thinks that the kid, who was hidden in the car, will identify him so he throws all his tools into the ocean and has nightmares about being caught and then the kid sketches him as Jesus....funny. Good show.

13. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Yeah, that was pretty good. Since we don't get Showtime, this is the first time I am seeing this show. I really love his continuing narritive. He's so clever how he can distract the rest of his coworkers and pull off the murders. This show is really funny and creative. It's like CSI, but a lot darker.

14. Missing

Missing Pathologist

So 3 more episodes left for season 1 on CBS. I am now hooked on this show. This Ice Truck Killer, aka Rudy, knows Dex and has met him face to face and Dex has no idea that he is who he is. I am curious to see how that plays out.

Does anyone know if CBS is going to show season 2 as well or am I going to have to buy the DVD's now because I do not get or will get Showtime??

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  15. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

I recently started watching the show too when it aired on CTV. I was able to rent the DVDs, but only the first 2 discs, so I'm watching the rest of the first season as it airs.

My mom has ShawOnDemand (for those who don't know what it is, if you have the special cable box, certain shows are, well, on demand) and Dexter is one that Movie Central shows, so I spent a few days at her place making my way through season 2- fantastic!! :D ...can't wait for season three, even though I have no idea when and how I'll watch it.