Episode 6x18 - 'Tunnel Vision' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Apr 25, 2008.

1. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

That's exactly what I thought :cool:

2. Alex

Alex Lab Technician

3. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

OMG thank you so much for the clips Alex
    I can only say WOW Natalia rocks in the first one :thumbsup:
    As for the second one I can say OMG!!!! I love it...although poor guy.

This episodes sounds and looks fantastic:eek:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

YAY!!!! She doesn't take out a cat!!:thumbsup:
    I can't wait...thanks for the clip!!

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

YAY the cat is safe:lol:
    No...seriously it also looks she won't have any troubles with IAB after this shooting:beer: You go girl!!!!
    I really can't wait.

6. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

This episode looks really good!!!
    I'm so excited to watch it.... i hate how 3 of my shows are on at 10 today so i have to like flip back and forth!!

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Why does that whole scene look green screened? It doesn't look realistic at all. Not even the driving.

I know they're being rushed, but God, it's pathetic.

8. Vonnie

Vonnie Victim

We get sinkholes this far south. I'm not going to say it's an every day occurrence, but we do get them randomly. The last one I can remember took out about half of a shopping mall.

9. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

I loved this episode. Enough said

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I loved this episode too. :D

It was just...Florida Oranges! Finally. I've been waiting for an orange episode since the beginning of this series.

I'll probably have a more comprehensive review tomorrow because I saw it at 5pm and completely forgot what I was going to say about it. I suppose I could re-watch it again with my family at 11pm.

I couldn't help but think, did that punk at the beginning have his seatbelt on? He could have averted that whole death right there. Sorry, sorry, I can't stand when people don't wear their seatbelt. Anyway, moving on.

Loved the team connection--there were some laughs! Thank the sweet Lord. I won't say too much about what happened because there are some who have yet to see the episode, but this was again another good episode. :)

11. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Hmmm...well, I pegged the murderer of that girl immediately - nothing was very surprising to me, just pretty predictable. I actually thought it was kind of a dull episode.

However, there were some cool moments. I really liked H processing evidence - awesome! Keep that up! Oh, and Nat shooting her gun - holy @#$@ :eek: Nice shot, girl - I for one am glad you didn't kill the guy like H would've! ;) Although I don't understand why IAB would be "all over it" like Nat said to H - the dude had a GUN that he was REACHING FOR and he was involved in the robbery ... so... yea, she was totally justified in pulling her weapon. Stetler can kiss her ass! :lol:

Emily Procter is doing a nice job of trying to show that Cal is still shaken up from the whole kidnapping ordeal - that scene w/Nat in the beginning, where Nat says, "Now I can finally back you up" and Cal says, "I need it" - wow, that pretty much sums up where Cal's at right now, doesn't it? She seems less confident and just very shaken up. Poor Cal. :(

I really like that Eric and Ryan are finally getting some screen time - liked the "pal" comment - I mean, what was Ryan gonna do, stand there and watch him process all that stuff? :lol: But is it me, or does Ryan seem not "all there" lately? Hmm...anyway...

However, there were some downsides. As I predicted, no repercussions from last week's ep - not even a word about it - what #$%@#% surprise. :rolleyes:

As for other musings, I see patterns re-emerging that I don't like but won't get into too much here... (You know, I can't avoid people I DON'T LIKE as much as H and Cal manage to avoid each other!! :wtf: 3 eps and counting, folks :rolleyes: Also, note how quickly H was "on the scene" and at Nat's side to reassure her after she simply fired her weapon in self defense ... Meanwhile, he's completely ignored Calleigh the entire season and the hell she's been through - he's never directly talked to Cal about her issues once this year, yet he's there for everyone else - grrrr. :wtf: Makes no #$%#ing sense ... RANT OVER).

Overall, I thought the ep. started out kind of interesting (somewhat lame visual effects aside) but then just became too predictable. I liked the fact that they finally did an ep. about oranges (I mean, this is Florida, folks), but I knew that guy was smuggling drugs, and I pegged the killer right away. Oh, and the big secret was a sex tape? Not too original. Anyway, I hope next week's ep is better - it better be, considering what's going to happen! :eek:

12. Hcrazy

Hcrazy Lab Technician

I liked the Episode too, but I wanted more Horatio of course!:guffaw:

Okay my favorite moments...

"Divine Intervention" :guffaw: I loved this one but... BUT...

"Would you like me to call you a Cab?" OMFG!!!:lol::lol::lol: I was dying!!! I love Horatio's digs... I just love them!:guffaw: His voice and attitude say it all!

Pretty good episode. And yes, MiamiRocks... I know, no DuCaine and continuation, but this is Miami! I still throughly enjoyed it.:thumbsup: next weeks looks great and it looks like goodbye to Alexx after-all.:(

HCrazy

PS: I put the Promo up for next week in the Spoiler section. ;)

13. Vonnie

Vonnie Victim

When they said something along the lines of 'biggest surprise of the season' in the teaser, I expected something totally shocking. To me, it wasn't all surprising. It was just another episode that I found moderately dull. I'm not going to say I hated it, because quite frankly there are episodes of the series that I just can't stand in any way, shape, or form, but there was nothing that happened this time that made me want to say that it is my new favorite either.

Hopefully next week will be better, or at least keep me on my toes!

14. Della

Della Police Officer

For some unknown reason I thought the guy crashing down that hole was pretty funny. I dunno, but then I have been known to almost wet my panties when I’ve seen someone shut their fingers in a car door. It’s the faces, going from neutral to this instant shrieking of pain, and I just imagined the same with this idiot.

I have to say that since, for me, there’s now a far different flavour to the Horatio Caine character, I find that his one-liners more of an irritant than something humorous and I miss being able to laugh at them. I mean, in all honesty, all I could think was, ‘Yeah, robbing a bank is a bad thing, but, as a Law Enforcement Officer, I’d say executing someone and beating the crap out of someone else is further on up the road to Hell. So who are you to talk, Horatio?’ To be honesst, in my opinion, his recent indiscretions really tainted the ‘Devine Intervention’ one-liner with a whole crap of hypocrisy.

It’s another small thing that has changed, because, before when the majority of his one-liners were said on behalf of the victims they were entertaining, now though, when they are expressed to diss a criminal, it’s just crass... [sarcasm alert]Like we’ve seen nothing but a law abiding Horatio Caine of late. Geez!! *sigh*[end of sarcasm alert] :rolleyes:

I laughed out loud at the bank manager when he saw Horatio standing in front of the big hole at the back of the vault and asked “How did he get in there?”

...And there I was thinking the criminals had dug the hole out. Duh! :rolleyes: I’m really sorry but in my opinion, the beginning was just so full of Duh! moments on behalf of Delko and Horatio. Anyone else think a five year old might have figured out how the criminals had got into the vault and the drawers there?

So, we have criminal who is suspected of killing someone, and Ryan Wolfe is happy enough for Natalia to go on her own? Pahleaaaase!!! This was not only so contrived, but they also managed to damage part of the Wolfe character as well. Criminy! A five minute break and they seem to have seriously lost the plot when it comes to the characters. Seems to me that they’re so busy devising situations that they think all of the audience want to see that they can’t be bothered whatsoever about maintaining past character establishments.

Also, given Natalia’s really bad shooting (yeah I know she passed) it wouldn’t have surprised me if she;d told Horatio that she’d actually been aiming for between the eyes. Heh! ...and of course Horatio’s not worried about any repercussions. I’m sure he’ll see off any opposition in his own inimitable way. Glock at the ready!!

...If I were Stetler I’d be writing out my Will...

Oh well, I thought I’d give this program one last look just see if I could rediscover the humour again, but now, because of how they have effectively destroyed what I thought was the core of the Horatio character, anything he says and does is, for me, wholly tainted by those two recent actions. I mean, at the end, all I could think was, “Isn’t he a good little boy when he has a few potential witnesses around.”

Not good at allllll...

All in all, this episode didn’t do anything for me at all, and I shall now be moving on to other programs. Such a bloody shame and if I were honest, I am livid at having to do this.

I adored the Horatio character, and I thought the light-heartedness of the program, the teamwork and the friendships and each caring for the other, stemmed from him, but I can’t remember the last time I heard an out-and-out Frank-ism prompted by Horatio, or when Horatio uttered a concern for Calleigh or for any of the others (saving Natalia in this episode, though that felt as if something else was going on).

I miss just about everything that was there in the first three seasons of Miami, because, for me, CSI Miami today seems to have discarded everything that made it such a warm program and instead has a left a cold, unemotional, ice-block of a program in its wake.

:(

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  15. CaRWash_Cutie

CaRWash_Cutie Rookie

My favorite line of the whole night had to be "How did he get in there?" That's what we'd all like to know, right? :lol:

Anyway, I thought it was an abismal episode. I actually turned it off fifteen minutes before it was over cause I was bored. Obviously TPTB have stopped pandering to the fans and want to feed us full of BS for the rest of the show's existence. I say we have a moment of silence for what we have lost....