What Are You Reading? - #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

I just finished reading The Constant Princess and The Boleyn Inheritance. They're both in the same series as TOBG :) I highly recommend Constant Princess because even though it isn't as historically accurate as it could be, it tells a very sweet and tender love story and shows the strength that Katherine of Aragon had.

The Boleyn Inheritance wasn't quite as good, probably because it kept switching POVs instead of sticking to just one like TOBG. I'm looking forward to reading The Virgin's Lover and The Queen's Fool.

2. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

I'm nearly finishing a book by Laurell K Hamilton called " A lick of Frost" Laurell K Hamilton she also writes the popular Anita blake series- which is centered around a human woman, vampires, werewolves, and their quest for well a normal life... Its a great sarga of vampires........

Her other works center around Princess Meridith, an unsellie sidhe and her quest to capture the throne and bring life and love back to the fray...

3. Amanda_Ruth

Amanda_Ruth Witness

Okay, basically, I read the first seven books in Kathy Reichs' series of Temperance Brennan novels in about two weeks, because I own them, and they are that incredible. I'm gonna by the next three books soon.

Anyway, the next book I read was It by Stephen King. It's very graphic and scary, not for the lighthearted reader! But it's a great read if you do decide to do so.

Finally, I just started Persuasion by Jane Austen. Man, does she kick serious butt or what when it comes to romance?! If you want any other good reads by her, I suggest Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, and Emma! They are all incredible.

4. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

I read them all a little more than a year ago. The Constant Princess was my favorite of all of them. It was just wonderful. Katherine has always been my favorite wife though. TOBG was also good.

5. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Flash MX 2004 Game design Demystified

Uni book, Got to read up on multiplayer games for my coursework so i can actually try and make mine... which is impossible.

6. Vonnie

Vonnie Victim

Now that I have two positive reviews for The Constant Princess, I have to pick it up. I was going to get The Other Boleyn Girl back in December, but I ended up picking up Equus instead. I have started to re-read Equus. I can't say enough about it, though twisted is one word that comes to mind :lol:

7. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

As I try to figure out what's wrong with my computer I've been reading "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Computer Basics" by Joe Kraynak. Unfortunately my computer is 10 years old and it's the fourth edition so it hasn't been much help. So far all it's told me that's helped is to delete the temporary internet files (When did they stop being temporary?). How I wish we had system restore. I'd go back to April 6 and before all my problems! I've found it's absolutely impossible to find books on Internet Explorer 6. I've found plenty at the library on v4 and v5 though!

Susan

8. Austin

Austin Hit and Run

I just finished Dark Woods by Jay Kumar. It's a scary story about Bigfoot and those who go out to hunt it. It didn't help that I read it in the dark with a flashlight! It's a good fiction story.

9. wolfe_love_2007

wolfe_love_2007 Hit and Run

i am reading the chronicles of narnia(love this book)

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Okay, this isn't exactly what I'm reading, but I'm going to start the book 'Twilight' after my sister has finished. Apparently it's the 'big thing' right now and there's a movie being made at the moment adapted from the book. So I'll finally have the chance to read the book before I see the movie. :lol:

I've always been interested in the Fantasy-type genre but have had the opportunity to actually sit down and read something unless it's for a class or something I've been forced to read. Besides, I usually go for Mystery. Which reminds me, I bought one of the CSI:Miami books, 'Riptide'. I think Donn Cortez has a great handle on the show and he has such a way of describing the scenery which makes on feel like it's actually all around. He's also set up a really great plot and it actually creeps me out in some places and interests me in others. I can't wait to finish it so I can scrounge up his other books!

11. Austin

Austin Hit and Run

I love Grizzly Bears so I have a ton of books on them. Most of them are attack books. I have learned A LOT from them. Right now I'm reading Some Bears Kill by Larry Kaniut. I know it sounds morbid..sorry. After I read this I will finish Ghost Hunting by Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson.

12. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I just started reading Elizabeth George's newest book 'Careless in Red'. Thomas Lynley is back. He's still trying to deal with the senseless death of his wife Helen and their unborn child from 'No One as a Witness'. If you haven't read any of George's book they are a very good read. Lynley starts off as a Detective Inspector with Scotland Yard and is now a Detective Superintendent. I've jsut started this book so I can't say mcuh more other than I've been looking forward to reading it since I heard about this in the winter :)

13. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I'm about halfway through "Haunted Baseball"... right now, I can't remember the authors' names, though... lol.

14. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I love Elizabeth George's books. I've not read any for a while, but I really like the Thomas Lynley series (although they were somewhat ruined for me by the tv adaptation in which I personally think the characters were completely wrong!) :lol:

I'm currently reading 'Four Walls' the CSI: NY book by Keith R. A. DeCandido. I've only just started it, but I doubt it'll take long for me to finish. It's good so far. :thumbsup:

15. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I am in the process of reading The Bourne Betrayal. I just finished spring semester, and I think I deserve some non scholastic reading for a couple of months...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.