CSI:NY Season 4 - U.K

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by nattybatty55, Dec 21, 2007.

1. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

I've not posted in this thread for what seems like a lifetime :wtf:.

I'm loving that we've managed to creep up to only being 2 weeks behind the US so far. You don't feel as out on a limb with the other discussions on the forum. Your not re-hasing old topics up 4 months after they aired in the US lol.

However, if CBS show more than 2 re-runs of NY the UK are going to catch up and may have to stick repeats in the schedule like that have done for Vegas. :(

We have three epsiodes to go so far (Including tomorrow) and NY is a repeat in the US next week I think. So after next Saturdays show we will only be one show behind. So if CBS air another repeat between now and the end of the season we're going to get a repeat aswell :( If thats the case I'll have to make sure I am out that night haha.

Oh and I think I have finally fallen in love with Carmine this season! :eek: Yes SHOCK I know how its taken me four seasons lol I've always thought he was nice to look at but this season with the Childs Play storyline its plugged my heart strings and Carmine has finally gone from Eye Candy to a Crush haha

2. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

Wow, how long did it take for Hawkes to appear on screen this week?! They're seriously under-using him.

I loved that little scene between Sid and Mac near the beginning, the conversation about Mac's knowledge of weapons and if only there was a gameshow about it, he'd be able to retire, and Mac saying "I'd miss your wit".

The news bulletin at the start was a clever way of doing the recap, it certainly beat the random series of clips from The Thing About Heroes.

Wow, what a shootout! However, X seems a pretty bad shot for an assassin - or maybe it's just an indication of Mac's ability to dodge bullets. Interesting that after last season's accusations of murdering a serial killer, this time Mac actually does kill one.

3. sherry

sherry Dead on Arrival

Macslady: I know it's a while since your post about Childs Play but I remember reading on one of the US sites that the scene with Lindsay,Stella and Flack going to the joke shop was originally intended to come before Danny saw Reuben's body. Earlier, Stella tells Lindsay that they're meeting Flack when they finish what they're doing, but the way the episode plays out it's the next day. Either it was edited wrongly or tptb changed the running order of the episode without changing the script.That explains why Lindsay seems to be joking around while her boyfriend's breaking his heart!

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yeah, it plays out very strangely the way it is. Because I'm sad enough to go back and check the episode, indeed Lindsay says that Flack is meeting them at 'Laughing Larry's' straight after she and Stella are finished with Sid in autopsy. But instead they show Danny and Hawkes in autopsy, and Lindsay's 'not good at that kind of thing' scene. Then on what would supposedly be the next day they are at Laughing Larry's, with Stella and Lindsay still wearing the same clothes.

I can't really fathom why they edited it that way, it's all wrong that they would all be laughing and joking whilst Danny is heart broken over Ruben.

5. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Oh right thanks, I never can quite work out the time thing with CSI NY.
    Still, it's strange they chose to edit it that way because if you didn't know it, it would look like Lindsay was yucking it up with Flack and Stella immeadiately after the autopsy scene. Thanks for the heads up, though!:bolian: It makes more sense now.
    But what I still don't get is why they never, ever, not in Child's Play and not in a later ep, showed us Lindsay going to Danny. I know there was supposed to be a scene with her going to his place and him seeming like he'd been expecting someone else, and personally I don't get why they cut that scene if they want us to see Lindsay as someone who really cares about Danny. I think this is a good example how some people's (yes, me included) dislike of Lindsay is sometimes the fault of the writers.:confused: TPTB are strange sometimes.
    :rolleyes:
    Sorry, I know that last bit was venturing more in to D/L and Lindsay territory.

6. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Curious to if any of you UKers watch "waking the dead" on the bbc.
    I'm slightly hooked to it but today i found myself comparing it stupidly to NY with the forensics girl and her gadgets and all i could think about was how sids were so much cooler.

Its funny how different the shows are because it is a kind of CSI show from the UK although looking at cold cases. And its done with a totally different way of working. I always find it intrieging to watch both.

7. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I love 'waking the dead'. It is very different from all the CSI programmes, but that has alot to do with forensics being set up differently in the UK. The forensic service here is somewhat separate from the police force, which is a more scientific way of working as it means the people processing the samples/scene etc have no contact with victim or any witnesses so process the data with no bias. In CSI sometimes I think they going looking for the evidence to prove someones guilt, other than just processing all the evidence and seeing what it has to say.

8. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

I'm really getting into CSI NY, i'm liking the edgy feel to it and how sharper- is that really a word- it is from Las Vegas....

On a seperate note, i'm still trying to figure out who's who in NY. I know who Danny Flack Mac, Lindsy, Adam... but who is the african american man? Is he a CSI or a coroner?

Who in Ny are cops and who are just scientists????

Oh by the way I'm loving Waking the dead, its a great great show... Yeah its slightly different, but its still a good crime show.

9. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Hi, I agree NY has more edge to it than LV.
    The african american guy is Hawkes, he used to be the ME in season 1 but is now a CSI.

Flack = detective
    Danny, Lindsay, Mac, Hawkes and Stella = CSI
    Adam = lab tech (and star of the show)

10. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

NY is definatly the best...in my opinion of course ;)

There is also a lab tech who appears in the odd episode called, Kendal ;) and a dective called Jessica Angell.

If you ever see a season 3 episode you may see another ME called Peyton, she was written in as Mac's love interest but didnt come back for season 4. Oh she's English by the way :D...at the end of season 3 her and Mac went or should I say.....came over here but he returned without her ;)

11. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

We have also 3 season "going on" in Finland, but it's not showed at the moment...:(
    Does anyone remember one guy who wanted to shoot Mac in one ep. in third season?
    What's the story behind that moment?
    :confused:

12. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Sam222. In the episode 'Consequences' in s3 Mac arrested a dirty cop called Dean Truby who had stolen drugs from a drug bust he was on with Flack and then had murdered a guy who was involved with him and the drugs (i think). So Mac arrested Truby for murder, and as a result, all the cases Truby had ever investigated got looked at again. As a result of that, a sadistic killer called Clay Dobson, who had kidnapped, raped and murdered several girls. Mac ended up going after Dobson, and chasing him up onto the roof of a building, alone. He and Dobson fought, and Mac managed to get one cuff on one of Dobson's wrists. Dobson then escaped, put the other cuff on, and jumped off the building. He did that because he didn't want to go back to prison, and he wanted to take Mac down, by making it look like Mac had pushed him.
    The guy with the gun was the father of one of the girls who Dobson was suspected of kidnapping and killing. Now that Dobson's dead, the family will never know where the girl is buried. The man blames Mac for Dobson's death, and therefore for his not ever being able to find out where his daughter is. That's why he wanted to shoot Mac.

13. virginia-hell

virginia-hell Dead on Arrival

Re: Right next door - Dammit Danny - how could you!:brickwall: How could you stand there, all perky nipples, and not pull down your pants as well? What a bloody cheek! I'll be writing to CBS about this...and possibly even the Queen..Srsly though..he's well stunning..:drool:

14. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

- Yet again, more of Stella's girls on display - although at least in this case it was justified as she was in bed when the fire started, and we did get Action!Stella straight after.

- Am I watching too much CSI or were some of the clues this week pretty obvious? The "missing child" news bulletin, I knew that was going to come back, and the fish - the camera lingered on them for a loooooooong time.

- What a fantastic coincidence that there was a dead body in the apartment of a convicted arsonist!

- I think the Danny/Lindsay/Rikki stuff got in the way of the episode a little bit, although I'm sure a lot of people (READ: those with the hots for Danny) would like that scene where he wasn't wearing much. I'm still holding out for shirtless Mac and Hawkes though, it's about time! (We did at least get Mac in a blue shirt though...

- The motive of the kidnapper was, erm, not fully explored. Was her child really taken away from her just because she was single? I'd have liked to see if there was a bigger reason than that.

- Aww, that poor boy! Away from his mum for 4 years, thinking she'd abandoned him, and thinking he was going to be in trouble for starting the fire which he'd only done to get the police to notice him and the little girl. That was a really sweet conversation between him and Stella, with her apologising for not noticing what was really going on when he made the hole in her wall.

- Little side note - is this the first NY episode where nobody gets murdered? There were two deaths, but both were accidental.

15. weeza82

weeza82 Victim

Great epsiode at the weekend.

-Action!Stella to the rescue!!! Scary stuff, but why did the sprinklers not go off and why did it take so long for the smoke alarms to sound? (Or did I miss that?)

-Danny, sorry to be shallow, but, hubba hubba :drool:

- Lindsay and the Monologue of Doom.... I have been dying to see this after reading so much on this forum about it. WTF? So he didn't have lunch. Where did "don't reduce me to some clingy shallow girlfriend" (Sorry, can't remember it exactly) come from?? :confused: Where??? It mightn't have been so bad if it ended when she stood up and she just left. Instead we had the excruciating "I think I've fallen in love with you". Poor Danny. He really didn't think it was that serious at all.

- Flack, loving all the Kevlar!Flack this series :drool: mucho gracias TPTB. Loved how he was all shouty at the arsonist but softer toned with Bonnie.

-Adam, I love him and his wee crush on Stella, aw.

-Good Hawkes and Sid action tonight, but still not enough Hawkes for someone of Hill Harpers talent. Let's hope this is sorted by S5.

-I agree with Seren, why did she kidnap the children? Have I missed something?

- A dead body in a convicted arsonists apartment? How conveniant :lol:

- A random point... when Stella is looking round her apartment after the fire,she picks up a photo in a cracked frame of herself at the acadamy. But this was the photo that her foster sister (I think) had taken of her in Cold Reveal. Why would you have that photo in a frame? Continuity gremlins strike again :lol:

-My final point has to go to the boy who played Austin/Jason. He was phenomenal in the final scene with Stella. I had a lump in my throat, he was so good. Fantastic acting.