Degrassi: The Next Generation

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Dance2nite926, Jul 2, 2005.

?

Next Gen CSI: New team in new season!

1. Finally! We've got something new!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. OK! The current team is broken anyway!

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Don't know! See what will happen!

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Nah! It won't change the show anyway!

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Who cares! I don't watch it anyway/ anymore!

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. CSI_Bevin

CSI_Bevin Hit and Run

Did anyone watch the Degrassi Movie?
    I missed it.

2. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i dont think it was an actual movie, at least it wasnt advertised in canada that way. the spring break episodes right? it just aired as a two part episode here in canada. it was pretty cheesey (but when isnt degrassi cheesey? :lol:) ive been finding degrassi a little boring lately. probably because i like the characters that are in university better, but since the name of the show is 'degrassi' they need to focus more on the highschool students. although some of the stories they have set up for the university students are more interesting. darcys rape and the 'peter have sex with me... no dont... yes do... ok no...' got really old real fast.

which is a real shame. i always thought degrassi was more real than the other teen based shows which made it better. maybe after so many years (including the two originals) they are just running out of steam? some of the story lines they drag out for too long. maybe the rest of the season will pick up.

3. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

I'm afraid I have to agree. Degrassi isn't as good as it once was. The stories don't seem as "real" anymore (i.e., Jay/Manny. That came out of nowhere and all of a sudden he's giving her a real diamond, a family heirloom, and they're getting engaged for real?!:rolleyes:), and they seem to be recycling material (i.e., Darcy's rape. Didn't they do that storyline with Paige a few years ago?). 'Tis a shame. Degrassi is one of the proudest Canadian exports in the television realm, it would suck to see it go down the tubes now.

And don't even get me started on the Americans getting the eps before us. That is so typical of doormat Canada. :rolleyes:

I'd like to see TPTB turn it around, I think it's possible. It's just a question of will they.

4. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i think every other year we have been a few episodes ahead of the states. but this year ctv didnt start airing new episodes until november or whenever it was because they were airing a reality show of some kind i think. im pretty sure we are caught up now in episodes.

5. CSI_Bevin

CSI_Bevin Hit and Run

I just haven't been feeling Degrassi since TPTB killed of JT. With Emma going all crazy and Manny dating Jay. I don't think it's the same anymore.

6. MesserNMontana

MesserNMontana Victim

Degrassi : The Next Generation

Is on Season ten which will contain 48 episodes.

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Merged the two threads. ;)