H/Cal #5 - DuCaine...Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by SpeedsDaughter, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Wolfca

Wolfca Prime Suspect

Thanks! But it's not just 1 story there will be 2 stories! Leader of Pack by GunWolf2008 is finished and i've just got to check through it and i've got to finish mine which is Wolf Kiss

Bet that's got ya jumping more! And there is plenty of DuCaine in these two stories, trust me!

2. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

I await with much anticipation Wolfca :)

As you can tell from my location, I've been hanging out in some other threads, and it's nice to come back to the slow, gentle pace of our beloved DuCaine thread.

I thought I'd just pop in and take a nice break.

Has anyone heard what the next eps are going to be (or was "All In" the finale) or if we'll be getting some DuCaine goodness soon? Because until then, I think we need to make up our own. After all, a lot of us DuCainers love a good fluff scene (or manip).

3. CSIloverZed

CSIloverZed Hit and Run

SpeedsDaughter there will be at least 3 more epi until the final! Yay!

~Zed :cool:

4. Wolfca

Wolfca Prime Suspect

5. CSIloverZed

CSIloverZed Hit and Run

OMG! That was awesome!! Wolfca thanks for posting! Whens your new story coming out? I can't wait!!:lol:

~Zed :cool:

6. Wolfca

Wolfca Prime Suspect

Thanks CSILoverZed, you know i like to share anything i find:lol:

Leader of the Pack is complete, just my one, Wolf Kiss, to write, so give it tops 2 weeks for them to be up. Just keep an eye out on my site as i'll put the release date on there under the fanfiction Promo pic page.

Here's my website for those who don't know it:
    www.freewebs.com/wolfca

7. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Hey DuCainers :) I've been kind of MIA working on that "All In" vid, (which is almost done, I promise ;) ), but I just wanted to drop a line and spread some DuCaine love. Doese anyone have any spoilers for the upcoming eps, re: will our dynamic duo have any more scenes this season?? :confused: I really hope so! :)

I was reading Dojo's blog on tvguide.com, and dojo gets it right 100% - TPTB shouldn't just "throw us a bone," they really need to get H and Cal's relationship (and I'm not talking romantic right now, just friendship-wise) back on track. Watching all those clips from "the good old days," and even some clips from Seasons 4-5 — before the terrible drought — has really made me wonder what the heck happened between these two characters ... they were so close, then suddenly they just broke apart, it was very strange to see the progression - sounds like a fanfic idea ;)

Anyway, I was watching "American Idol" yet again (and I don't feel half as bad, seeing as how Emily was on it briefly last week! :bolian:), and I think we have another DuCaine song on our hands w/David Cook's rendition of "Always Be My Baby". I was never a big fan of Mariah Carey's version, but the lyrics really fit DuCaine right now, and Cook's "emo" version was awesome! I'm sure it's on YouTube, so definitely check it out. I personally could see a vid starting w/MC's version and leading into Cook's - MC's version is light and sweet, like Calleigh, while Cook's is very emotional, like our H :)

Anyhow, I've just been on a song kick the past few weeks, thinking of our dynamic duo and what went wrong :(. Hopefully TPTB can right this "ship," as it were, and get them back to interacting. Here's to hoping for another "you got it" from Cal to Horatio before the season's over ;) (see, I don't ask for much :lol:)

PS - Definitely check out the CSI:Miami paperback "Cut & Run" by Donn Cortez (it just came out last week, and you can probably find it at Borders) - I haven't gotten far, but there's some really nice DuCaine scenes (like the one I posted). At least someone still understands and appreciates the chemistry and friendship between H & Cal! :)

8. Hcrazy

Hcrazy Lab Technician

Hey Everyone,

Cathstokes... Great icons... Love them all!!! DuCaine! :drool::drool::drool: Thank you so much for Sharing with us! ;)

Wolfca... Woo Hoo... That vid is looking GREAT. You are doing a heck of a job and the FF, well, that will speak for itself but let me just say it is awsome... so far.:thumbsup: I know much more to come but you have spoiled me.:guffaw: Thanks also for that vid with MW- doing DC and others. He is funny and I like him.:lol:

Hey DuCainers, just a few more episodes to go and I hear they are going to be very good with a promise of going over into next season too!!! I really like this idea and the hope of Kyle being in Horatio's life.;)

Oh and of course we wish for more DuCaine scenes... I think we just may be getting them too! We had better!:lol::lol::lol:

Looking forward to that Vid, Miamirocks. I know it is going to be great!!! All DuCaine... there is no other way! :thumbsup:

HCrazy:cool:

9. Wolfca

Wolfca Prime Suspect

Thanks HCrazy, it's nearly done now, about a week to go i reckon. Depends on how quick i can proof read the lot and do the ending. Oh and thanks again for recommending that program to me. Think you can see what i've been up to LOL XD

My car Shadow can dream LOL

10. SpeedsDaughter

Wow, it's quiet again... hopefully tonight's ep will have some DuCaine?

Somebody tell me soon... I'm dying here! :lol:

11. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Hey everyone :) Speedsdaughter - long time no see ;)

OK, so I guess H and Cal are back to never talking or communicating again??? :confused: They had no scenes in this ep together and Cal was hardly in it, actually. There also was no follow-up to the "Ambush/All In" stuff, like it never happened. :confused:

Oh well - one thing I will say - I think H has finally snapped, and I believe Cal's abduction had something to do w/it, even though it was never really addressed. The thing is, Cal looked upset the entire ep (maybe EP had allergies/a cold, but in nearly every scene she looked like she was gonna cry. It was odd). I bet the team is still reeling from that whole ordeal, including H.

So here's the thing. At the end of the ep., Horatio tells the pervert guy in the last scene "you picked a bad week," and apparently heads to beat him up, though we don't see it. I think H has been on the edge a long time, and Brazil/Cal's kidnapping was the last straw. Maybe H has been having some bad dreams, including ones in which Cal's kidnapping doesn't have such a happy ending (do I smell another fanfic? :lol: ) I know being a father had to have something to do w/it, too, but it really seemed like it would take more than that to set Horatio off like that - we've only seen that once, w/the guy who killed Marisol.

Anyway, since we didn't get any DuCaine scenes, what do you guys think is going on w/these two (in terms of what we don't see)? Thoughts on this or the ep. in general anyone?

12. Wolfca

Wolfca Prime Suspect

Yeah i noticed that too which is annoying as i feel 'All In' ended with a lot of loose endings and they still haven't been explained.

And i agree, it did seem like Horatio's Dark Side was coming back to surface:devil:. The poor guy has had a lot of things happen to him recently and he doesn't seem to be allowed a break from it all before something else happens to him or those close to him:(.

I did notice that Calleigh was hardly in it as well, very strange. Wonder why?:wtf:

Go write it, sounds like a good idea. Better then mine :guffaw:

13. CSI Ballistics

CSI Ballistics Victim

Hi, guys!

Yeah, when I saw the last episode, I immediately thought: 'OMFG, what happened with the old Horatio, the tender one.' I also think he simpely snapped, because Brazil and Cal's abduction has been harder on him than he wants to admit. The fact they don't talk about the kidnapping, I think, is because our Calleigh doesn't want to talk about it, doesn't want to be reminded of it. I think she simply asked her team-members to leave it and let her deal with it, so she can forget everything alone.
    It would be so beautiful if Cal would have entered the building and had told him to not beat the guy up, because he would lower himself to the same low niveau as this guy. It would have been so beautiful if he then would have listened to her and had said: 'I were so afraid when you were abducted.' or something. But I'm talking about the well-known WHAT IF's again. *sigh*
    I have to admit Horatio's changed in more ways. I sometimes had the feeling Ryan and Horatio actually switched places. Ryan was trying to put everything of everyone together and Horatio was in the lab. But, yes, he definitely looked smoking in that white lab coat. *laugh* As a experienced scientist, I've got the same white lab coat, but there's only my name onto it and I really doubt there'll ever be 'Lieutenant' onto my lab coat. LOL *laugh* I guess we should start a petition or something.

14. Hcrazy

Hcrazy Lab Technician

Hey Everyone,

Just jumping on in here to say Hi and tell you all to keep the faith!!!:thumbsup:

DuCaine is love, remember!:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

I put up nexts week promo for everyone to see. It's in the spoiler section for those who do not wish to be spoiled.;)

I also think our Horatio is cracking under the pressure, But... But... We can not be sure, there can also be something else going on here. :p:p:p Oooohhhhhhhhh:devil:

I also do NOT believe H hit Mr. Durning last week.:eek: I do think Mr Durning Pissed his pants though:lol::lol::lol: Horatio's eyes and tone said it all.:cool: I think he scared the crap out of him and then left it at that.:guffaw:

Anyway hang in there DuCainers!!! ;)

HCrazy out

15. SpeedsDaughter

*drags thread up from the depths of the forum* As willing as I am to go down with this ship, I love it too much to leave it at the bottom here. :guffaw:

So looks like we're on a drought again? Awww... and just when I thought things were finally going uphill. I thought I could see the silver lining... Aww. :(