A Fond Farewell From Mrs. G

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MrsGiovinazzo, Apr 24, 2008.

1. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Well ladies, it appears the end of an era is here. I have officially resigned from my moderating gig here at Talk CSI. You'll be notified of the identity of Top's fabulous new partner in crime shortly.

This has been an absolute blast for me! I first came to this board three years ago and it was an absolute God send for me. My salvation from 60+ hour work weeks from hell in a profession I loathe. Just when I'd get to the point of my work day where I'd want to cry -- out of boredom, frustration, lack of a life outside the office, etc. -- I knew I could just minimize that Word document I was drafting and find my way into the Locker Room. Nothing made me laugh harder than these crazy strangers and their incessant demands for a shower scene. I didn't know them, but I knew if they were posting about wanting to see Carmine Giovinazzo naked, we'd be instant friends.

My addiction was instant. Soon I just kept Talk CSI open at work and toggled in and out of it all day. It was pure heaven. And as anyone who has spent any time around here can attest, it doesn't take long before the friendships you forge here transcend the board and step over into your "real life" in the form of emails, IM, phone calls and even face-to-face meetings.

I've been moderating for a couple years and I must say I nearly busted a gut laughing when I was first asked if I'd be interested. Those who know me even a little know that my language and humor are a piss-poor match for a PG-13 board. Remember the days of the PG-13-O-Meter? Where the hell did that thing go? :confused: Ever since promoting the biggest potty mouth on the board to moderator, the need for censorship has declined greatly. That's a real shame, in my opinion. My first act as soon as my green status is officially gone is to make that damn Meter's head start spinning again. :devil::devil: He's been dormant for far too long.

The long and the short of this is that I honestly hardly even watch the show any more. :eek: I rely on Top's expert reviews to keep me up to speed. And I'm at a point where any insightful character remarks have already been made. The reality is that I'm simply not contributing to the board in any meaningful way and that isn't fair to either Top or any of the posters. Moderators need to maintain an active and visible presence. I've cut my online activity down to virtually nil to focus on writing pursuits and need to step aside so that someone with the requisite level of energy and enthusiasm for this gig can step in.

I am absolutely NOT falling off the face of the Talk CSI universe though. I am still 200% all-in for the summer meet-up and am still thoroughly gung ho in assisting in all manner of planning for that.

Also, with the absence of needing to maintain any level of professionalism, the old-timers can expect to see the return the old MrsG. running around the Locker Room, grabbing Danny's towel and demanding to know what Flack is staring at. :devil: My sole mission will be to keep Top and the new NY forum mod on their toes. I do love a public spanking and hope you'll all grab a bowl of popcorn, dust off your naughtiest PG-13 limit testing phraseology and join me in returning the Locker Room to its former glory.

Allow me to leave you with a parting gift:

[​IMG]

:drool: Holy s**t! What I wouldn't give to run my tongue down the sweet slope of that crack, down underneath those Italian meatballs, around to the front and [CENSORED] the [CENSORED] [CENSORED] outta that salami. :devil::devil::devil:

I may be leaving you in some ways, but in others - MrsG is baaaaaack!!!!

Big ass smoochies to all of you. I love you -
    MrsG

2. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Well MrsG what can I say....i've been a part of this board for just over a year so to me you are a mod and I never knew the MrsG you talk about.....But I can not wait to fianlly meet her :devil: It's a shame you are leaving the green side but I'll be watching to see the mess you'll cause for Top and your predecessor :p

I hope your writing is going well :D

3. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Well, I understood that you are not going anywhere, so I won't be dramatic or anything. I wasn't here for a great while, but if I remember correctly you were the first one to welcome me here, and the first one who made me laugh out loud and come in that Locker Room with the thoughts. You have a great talent in writing and making people feeling better and that is great. As for the departure, that isn't really a departure in all its meaning, I know you'll be around here and enchant us with your posts :D

And why did you have to put up that picture? Why? Do you want the sailor picture to be your farewell gift? Do you? :D

4. MrsGiovinazzo

Thanks, NattyBatty. Yep, you'll soon meet the non-mod MrsG and it ain't pretty. :lol::evil::evil::lol:

EDITED BECAUSE I JUST SAW MISS BLUE'S POST: Thanks so much. That was a sweet post. Really the fact that I'm not here welcoming people and making them feel better is part of the reason I need to step aside. But I do feel honored that one of my posts was the first to make you laugh out loud, so hopefully we'll return to that.

As for the sailor pic, OMG - that's the one I'd leave you with if I were truly leaving. WTF is up with that heinous atrocity, anyway? It blows. Such a hot guy. Such an unfortunate outfit.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

A MrsG that is no longer moderating is a dangerous MrsG. :devil:

I'll miss having you as a fellow mod, lovey, but I know I won't miss your craziness and your potty mouth--because you'll still be around (or I'll come drag you back to visit)! :p

The summer meet-up is going to be great, and it's proof positive that the friendships you develop here on Talk don't end when you move on to that icky Real Life thing.

Real Life, I should totally get one of those. :p

I love ya, MrsG!

6. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Can't wait to see MrsG unleashed (the mod one wasn't innocent either I can only imagine)! And I heard that those Real life things are overrated anyway :D

7. owlki

owlki Witness

Well, MrsG, I'm not sad to see you go because you're not going anywhere! And thanks God for that as you would be greatly missed!

I, like many others, have only known the moderator MrsG. I'm looking forward to knowing this dark side of yours. Taking into account the demonstration above, I'd say it'll be awesome fun!

Thank you for devoting your time to us in all these years! I'm sure everybody here truly appreciates it!

8. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

MrsG it is the end of an era! You've been a fantastic mod this past year but I am looking forward to your non restricted return to the Locker Room. I just hope Danny/Carmine is ready!
    Thank you for everything MrsG.

9. tiara4carmine

tiara4carmine Police Officer

Jesus Christ, if the Mod Mrs G hasn't been the "real" Mrs G then God help us for what's to come :evil::evil::evil:

I too have split a gut over the comments, and I can only pray they don't rip the rest of me to pieces either :guffaw: so let's pray ...

"Dear God, please don't make the "real" Mrs G too nutso, otherwise this forum will go to hell in a handbasket ... er, make that handbag."

Any particular sort of handbag you want that to be Deb???????

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

10. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

:eek: Nice back.. I mean towel! :p

Wow Mrs G when you are back you really are back... Pun intended! :lol:

Green looks good on you, so I'll miss that, but : Welcome back !

Cheers! :beer:

11. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

You were gone? I hardly noticed! ;) Can't wait to get the "old" MrsG back...

12. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

Sorry to hear you're stepping down, Mrs. G, but I definitely understand your reasons for doing so.

I've been around long enough to remember the 'old' Mrs. G, and all I can say is, "Look out NY forum!" ;)

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Awwww, I'm sorry to see my buddy, my partner-in-crime here, step down from her mod post, but it will be fun to see the Meter get a workout once again! :lol:

I'll miss modding with you, but I'm glad you're going ahead with your writing and that you'll still be spicing up the forum!

And bring on the 2008 NY forum trip! :D

14. MrsGiovinazzo

Thanks so much for all the great comments, girls. And oh yes, "the old MrsG" may have been guilty of Locker Room posts so vile as to be referenced in other threads and inspiring the prohibition of referencing sex toys by specific name and/or detailing usage and approximate time of return to the board after said usage. :lol::lol:

Be prepared ladies. Replenish your batteries before hitting the Locker Room and ... um, maybe Fay can bring a certain book she may have purchased last summer in LA. :evil:

15. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

woah, nice picture :p I stumbled across your myspace one day, i think i can see what the old Mrs. G used to be like :lol: Nice blogs :thumbsup: You will be missed as a mod :)