Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mortimer

mortimer Victim

Hi all, I have been a lurker for awhile and enjoy the boards greatly.

I just wanted to comment on a few of the spoilers. I may be the only one who feels this way but I am not getting a good feeling about the future of CSI. They are changing things to fast and to much.

I am glad for Nick getting a girlfriend but I have the feeling that it will take over his character. I was looking forward to seeing him evolve as a lead or supervisor, we have been waiting 8 years to see someone else come forward. Now I feel instead of him evolve as a leader we will see him evolve as a boyfriend, fiance, husband and father and week after week we will have to see the Nick love story. I was hoping we had enough with the GSR and Warrick marriage. I for one don't want to see anymore relationships played out week after week it takes away from what the show started out to be and why I have been watching for all these years.

Now they also want to bring a new guy Ray a hottie and younger and already from the spoilers they have Catherine flirting with him.

The show has lost alot for me the past couple of years but I get the feeling now they are trying to make it like all the other shows out there soap operaish and I thought that would never happen. They seem to be shifting away from what has made the show number 1 for all these years focusing on forensics and science and are now going to focus on the love lives.

Sorry for rambling on I just have a sad feeling bout this show, I almost wish this was the last year of it instead of having to see all the changes.

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I agree with you mortimer. I am worried they are going all too much in the relationships end too. And the idea of this new guy just is rubbing me wrong already. Why does everyone have to flirt with Catherine or she flirt with them? Is he going to be younger than Greg I wonder? I always liked that Greg was the youngest. I hope it stays that way.

3. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Though this "love interest" for Nick is interesting and at the same time, questionable, just because it's states that this girl is working through school, doesn't necessarily mean she's half his age. I mean, I did schooling at the fun age of 18-19....but I also went back at the age of 29-30 as well.

I don't think I'll have a final word on THIS subject until I actually see this girl.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Maybe Greggie is next, he is so enamored with girls, it's his turn and I love the premise of the show, but love also the romantic aspect, after all these characters are not robots or zombies and it's fun to see that side of CSI, as well. And on the 'father' image of Grissom and Sara, he's 16 yrs older, then her, so that kinda of speaks for itself, and what on earth does love have to do with age? :eek:

5. mortimer

mortimer Victim

The thing is it wouldn't be so bad if that was how the show started out. I don't understand why they are they are making so many changes at this stage of the show. I believe the show has been number 1 for 8 years because it hasn't focused on relationships and it has been refreshing to see a show focus on something else besides pairing everyone off.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

CSI has always had a bit of romantic things going on, way back in S/2 Grissom had drinks with Terri Miller, and in S/3 tea with LH, & Cath with many guys and a rotten marriage and Warick and his lousy marriage, and since S/4 Grissom and Sara, are the hot couple! and why not, nothing stays the same, and these 15 or 30 second snippets hardly take over the whole show. Now their bringing a new possible love interest for Nick, he's such a sweetheart, good for him, if in fact this is true, I find it totally exciting and a new guy for Cath, geez I hope someday she'll find somebody who will stick with her! My guess is this is what the fans are clamoring for, or the writers wouldn't be doing this! just watching dead bodies, crime kits, gloves, flashlights and bugs is sometimes yawn-snooze, relationships makes the show shine! CSI came in last week #3 with 20.09 million viewers going into S/9..that's pretty amazing :bolian:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  7. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah but GA was not on yet. This week will be the true test when GA is back and we will see how well the show fairs again. I like knowing more about the characters personally but it does not have to revolve around couples.

8. oldcsier

oldcsier Victim

Mortimer, you are not the only one who feels that way. If Nick's relationship goes the same way as all the other relationships on the show that would be fine. Maybe see her once a year if that. But since we already know so much about her it sounds as if she will be in our face often we will be forced to see her evolve along with Nick. I don't think people are clamoring for relationships, I believe the show has been number 1 for 8 years because it has focused on everything else but.

Sorry to sound like an old fuddy duddy but it seems that TV anymore revolves around relationships and affairs and it was nice to see a show for a change focus on other things.

Yes things do change that is part of life, but this show is changing fast and not in a good way.

9. ilovegrissom

ilovegrissom Hit and Run

I agree with desertwind. Things have always had a personal touch, remember when Catherine went to pick up her daughter at Eddie's home in Blood Drops, that was the first time CSI went "home" with the characters. CSI actually really started off as personal, with the death of a coworker. Anyone can say that was a case, but it was really meant to push us to connect with these characters. Anyways, back to spoilers, i kinda wish the had left the new character as a social worker, i can see Nick being involved with like a social worker or kindergarden teacher, he just gives off this wholesome husband and father vibe to me.

10. mortimer

mortimer Victim

Dizzney I agree I would like to see more about their personal lives but like you not exactly couples. I would like to see more about their families, parents, siblings etc.

And ilovegrissom I too like the personal touches with Catherine and her daughter they are to few.

I would rather see the relationships with their families.

11. ilovegrissom

ilovegrissom Hit and Run

It seems that TPTB are keeping the door open for Gary Dourdan, apparently his character leaves in such a way that he can come back in the future- as a guest star. Well, he doesn't die, there goes my genius theory. Anyone have an idea what this "spectacular fashion" sendoff is?

12. mortimer

mortimer Victim

Maybe he will to go into the witness protection program for awhile. have plastic surgery and come back as Sara.

13. Toots

Toots Pathologist

No! This is sickening! What in the hell do the writers think they're doing? :wtf:

CSI don't need no new CSI trainees. I guess they think the audience wants to see more tight jeans and tops at the crime scene. I'd be happy with just Greg and Nick's jeans.

This news depresses me. :(

Oh, and I guess it ain't CSI until Catherine flirts with the new man-candy. So predictable.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  14. CSI_LV_AF

CSI_LV_AF Witness

Glad to hear that TPTB are not killing GD off. I really don't want to see any of these characters killed off. And Wendy in the field?! I knew something like this was going to happen when she mentioned taking the field test in You Kill Me, and I am not too happy about it either.

15. andsoareyou

andsoareyou Dead on Arrival

I think that, realistically, they need another woman in the field and I think that Wendy is the logical choice. Her character has matured over the past few seasons, and I think she'll do well. Also, I would much rather it be her than someone new, since we already know that she gets along with the team. Yes, it's a rehash of Greg's story in a way, but then again, it makes sense that she'd want to advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.