Dancing With The Stars

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Desertwind, Sep 29, 2007.

1. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I was thinking the same thing about Priscilla that you mentioned, Destiny. She had the moves that the younger female dancers have. I was completely floored and she is one of my top picks.

Another was Marlee, she definetly proved that you don't have to hear the music to put on an amzing preformance.

And my third is Marissa, loved her in Hairspray and she's going to be a great one to watch this season. Shannon was good so if Marissa goes first then I'll pick her as my next one.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

On the girls I liked Priscilla although her face is beginning to look like a figure in a wax museum. way too many face-lifts:evil:, no one look's like that at 62:I thought if she smiled too much her face would crack! but she did good, I was surprised, and Marlee Matlin also good, she's so happy and so delightful, and Monica Seles, the rest, to soon for me to tell!

3. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Twas very sad to see Monica and Penn go this week, but they did have some weak aspects. But it was definetly made known that they had a lot of fun and enjoyed the experience.

I also enjoyed the Ciruqe De Solei dance that was done. Very nice to see a different form of dancing enter the ballrom. And the stunts where they were flying int eh air were simply the best. Now if they could only get the Stars to do something like that! :guffaw:

Can't wait for Monday to see the dances that everyone does next. :)

4. Desertwind

I just watched last nights dancing.. [taped it] and my reviews:thumbsup:

Marlee..she's great.. really good beings her deafness doesn't seem to get in the way of her timing:thumbsup:

Steve..nice guy, but not a good dancer:(

Christian..fantastic, Latin moves. and a 'fox':drool:

Mario.. a few misteps, good, not great.. he resembles Chris Rock;)

Shannon.. good routine, stunning:thumbsup:

Adam..he's funny, but not a good dancer:(

Marissa..no short dresses honey.. she's OK:confused:

Priscilla..wow, amazing she's great.. really, and so smooth moves too:bolian:

Jason..he's good .. excellent dancer:thumbsup:

Kristi.. a natural, of couse she's a great skater, and took it to the dance floor:bolian:

5. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Acutally Adam made a comment last night about who put Julianne in that dress...so they really don't have much of a say in what they are put in. Plus Marissa was wearing dance shorts because of the short skirt. Precautions are always taken, even with the skimpy dresses that the pro girls wear.

Still pulling for Shannon, Steve, Marissa, Adam and Priscilla.

So far Marissa and Priscilla have been saved and I have no doubt that Shannon and Steve will be as well.

I think Adam is going home tonight. :(

Steve has the passion and did very well in his "Mango" with Anna's husband! :guffaw: That was so funny! Great we got to see the whole thing, and even when he knocked Steve over at the end!

ETA: Darn guess I was wrong about Adam...instead it was Steve. Tis sad he was getting up there with his abilites.

Also definetly think that Christian and Mario are relying too heavily on people (mainly the female fans) to vote for them because of how they look.

They both slipped down in points this week because of imperfections. Perhaps this should be a sign that they aren't going to win a dancing competition on looks alone.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

It seems I only catch the results shows lol. But I pull for Marlee, Priscilla & Steve, sadly now I am down to two, tis a sad day he had such enthusiasm and a personality that was made for this show. Which IMO is what makes him such a likeable great actor. Like he stays true to himself.

As to the dresses, I remember Steve mentioned he had lunch with the folks that make the outfits for the show, so that goes to say that the only input that anyone gets is when they put it on and wear it. This is what I mean about him. Sad to see him go, but glad he had fun while he was there. I don't think it was so much a competition to him as just a way to say I gave it a shot, loved it and had fun.

7. Desertwind

I just watched this, thank gawd for taping, and they dusted off Steve, he's so sweet and charming, but not a good dancer, like eveyone's not a good singer.. I was very impressed with the black dancers ensemble, those dancers had rhythm to the core of their souls.. fantastic.. so more on Monday!

8. Desertwind

A bit behind, but just watched last nights show. my review;)

Kristi fantastic, I predict her as the winner, she's so good!

Priscilla also great, boy she gives aging a whole new name 62, good moves and who look's like this at this age?

Marlee she's so good and can't hear. incredible, I wonder if she's ever considered a cochlear transplant?:confused:

Adam:lol: the unicycle, he's funny but he just can't dance:(

Mario good:thumbsup:

Jason smooth and eloquent:bolian:

Cristion wow, he's so sexy and such an amazing dancer great posture:eek:

Shannon she was good, but to me, not as good as the judges thought she was:borg:

Marissa her best routine yet, and I swear she's lost a bit of weight;)

9. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Well I was wrong last week about who was going home...this week I was spot on.

Adam did alright last night but fancy tricks on a unicycle aren't going to win a dancing competition. But it's alright he was having fun and that's the most important part.

I loved Shannon and Priscilla last night, they are doing very well. And I was sad Priscilla was in the bottom 2 tonight. I think that lift cost them a bit, but I liked where it was placed, even if it was illeagl. :lol:

Still not liking Mario and Christian, they are depending too much on the votes for the looks rather than their dancing skills. Which to me, someone who has been in dance for years, they are trading techniques for flash and pop. And that isn't going to win a dance competition, pupularity can only get one so far.

And Marissa I give her the award for most improved this week, she kicked butt! Definetly tapping into her Broadway days and pulling all that energy and passion to give it her all. You go girl! :)

10. CSI_Bevin

CSI_Bevin Hit and Run

I am not so much a fan of the guys. :borg: But my favorite girls are Kristi and Shannon.:)

11. Desertwind

I just watched this from last night, and my comments and picks up to this point are~

Mario Good hip action.. and pretty good dance!

Priscilla very precise and disciplined, but she's way to hard on herself!

Marissa She's really good for a hefty girl, boy she really shook her hips!

Christian smooth, he's sexy and a good dancer!

Marlee Amazing, she's so good with her impairment, her rhythm right on!

Kristi stiil the best dancer to me of the bunch, perfect routine, and it was sweet to see her hubby [a real cutie] and her darling little girls!

Shannon she's good, but something about her I don't care for!

Jason the best male dancer, to me, he's a natural, perfect moves!

12. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I was sad that Priscilla left last night, in my opnion it should have been Mario or Christian. The last two have been losing points over the past few weeks because of dropped techniques. They are depending too much on the female population to vote because of their looks. Neither of their dances on Monday impressed me, in fact I left the room to get some coffee. If they can't catch attention it's going to be hard to keep going.

Marlee, Shannon, Marissa, and Kristi each stood out to me. They are willing to take risks and go out on lims for their dances. Jason is alright, he has been growing on me a bit, but hasn't done much in the impression department.

Can't wait to see the group number on Monday and all the new individual dances. :)

13. Desertwind

I was surprised that they dismissed Priscilla, the oldest and good, but not the best by far, she did a damn good job for her age 62, and I kinda of thought the ELVIS factor would keep her on, guess not:(

14. CSI_Bevin

CSI_Bevin Hit and Run

I think the group dance was so cute;)

15. Desertwind

THias is from last night, I just watched it and my results!

Jason perfect, really good dancer!

Shannon good, but a bit awkward!

Marlee still amazes me, she's so sweet and tries so hard, and pulls it off! beautiful outfit!

Christian Great foot work he's so smooth and classy!

Marissa surprisenly good very nice waltz!

Kristi WOW:bolian: spectatcular she's the one! a total natural;)and she had club feet.. all the more unbeliveable!

Mario he's OK, but not as good as the other guys!