Eva/Natalia #2: History Aside, She's Making a Good One!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Boa_Vista_Fan, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

VERY COOL!!! :D Sounds like a good movie. I love Samuel L. Jackson & w/ Eva also it should be EXCELLENT!!!!

In the trailer the way the words jumped across the screen looked just like the Miami promos:) I hear Mr. Jackson is a big CSI:Miami fan.;) Thats awesome.

Thanks so much for the link, DOUBLEHELIX! Lookin' forward to seeing her on the big screen!!!!:cool:

2. veggie

veggie Lab Technician

just wanted to share something funny with you guys and gals! My sister and brother in law are right now watching season 4 (she borowed my dvds)and during diner today i asked them if they liked Natalia and the only thing my sister said was" she was beat up by her husband" i found it funny! so then i told them that her ex husband was gonna be in season 5 and my brother in law had a big reaction, he was like" he's out of jail!!" and i said yes and then he said "oh boy". I still cant believe he had a bigger reaction than my sister!!!!

3. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

Okay... Who saw the coming attractions for next week's episode?
    [proud parent]Aww... Natalia shoots her first perp. Get out the camera, honey! Quick![/proud parent]

Sounds like they're getting into it! (Well... Your brother-in-law, at least.)

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Finally some Natalia scenes!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    She was awesome, what can I say, I love her being all over the place:p

YES!!!! I am so excited!!!!
    Natalia: *points gun* "Put your hands above your head"!!!
    I can't figure out if she really shoots him though, ya'll know the lovely promo manipulation thing:rolleyes:
    but hopefully we wil get something to go on with her!!
    Im kinda nervous for her, I don't know why I just feel like drama is headed her way with whatever happens in this epi:confused:
    Isn't there always drama on Miami?:)

5. veggie

veggie Lab Technician

Would it be possible for one of you to tell me as soon as the promo hits youtube cause i watched the episode on ctv so i missed the promo and i'm so sad about it!!!!

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Keep an eye out on the spoiler page...HCRAZY is real good at getting us the link to the promos!!:p

Originally I thought she might freak out & be trigger happy, given her past. Now Im wondering if she'll kinda freak out & freeze up. She's been shooting at "paper people" for the last year, now she is face to face w/ a real person!?!

I go back to "permanent vacation" & her reaction to the dead teenager, it obviously struck a note w/ her for some reason.
    I don't think this will be easy for her, they have been playing off her getting her permit all this time ....surely something is going to effect her when put in the position to use her gun for the first time. I would think anyway.
    Seems like a big waste of a story if they just throw her out in the field & she says "ok Im good, I can shoot now, let me at 'em". I want to see some kind of reaction!!!

What do you all think she'll do & how will she react?

BTW, Eva (along w/ Adam) has taken part in a photoshoot for OK Magazine...the issue goes on sale tomorrow!!!

7. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

Because I have absolutely no life, I watched the promo in slow motion at least ten times.

I thought she was just trigger-happy, too. My original post was actually, "Someone's a little trigger-happy, aren't we?" But after re-watching the promo, I don't think so.

From what I saw, Nat tells the guy to put his hands above his head ("NOW!" - girl sounded PISSED) and then it shows him reaching behind his back for something tucked into his pants. The camera cuts back to Natalia and the bullet's already flying out of her gun. It just looks to me like she didn't want to take any chances.

I am SO picking up a copy of it the first chance I get. :drool:

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

COOL!
    I'll have to watch the promo again, cause it went by really fast & I didn't see that part....
    watch...the guy will reach behind his back looking like he is grabbing his gun, Nat will shoot him (cause ya know she has been watching Horatio)so it's shoot to kill, right?:p, & then it will end up that the guy was reaching for a freaking wallet or something!!!!:rolleyes: Poor Nat, I just have a bad feeling about this.:brickwall:

I checked my stores today & none of them had the new issue yet, hopefully tomorrow they'll have them in. *big cheese*

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  9. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

Okay, time to revive this thread. I refuse to let it get to page two.

Okay... So there have been some rumors circulating about what's going to go down in the season finale. As of now, it looks like someone gets killed, someone gets shot, and someone leaves.

A lot of people have already figured that it's the new M.E. that dies, because the spoilers basically said so. As for who leaves, I'm leaning toward either a recurring character or Calleigh, just because the poor girl's been through so much this season and probably needs a break.

But it's the "someone gets shot" spoiler that has me thinking. Could it be Natalia? I also have Horatio in mind and think there's a better chance that it'll be him over Nat, as the description for the season finale says that "Horatio puts his life on the line." But... who knows.

What do you guys think?

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I think it could look like it is Horatio. But I have my doubts with H because he has been played off as so invincible. It says "he puts his life in the line", but there could be a number of ways for him to do that without taking a bullet.
    Im not saying its not possible, I just think its kinda lame after they have made him into being so untouchable.

My fingers point to Natalia for many obvious reasons...the biggest though is that she just got her gun & is out on the field now.
    It was obvious she passed or she wouldn't have gotten her liscense but I don't think she is good enough to make it in the middle of a big shootout.
    I don;t know how this scene will even happen, but I just think it favors her character with the fact that she is so new with this gun thing, & TPTB have played off her being a bad aim.
    Even when she did shoot the guy in 'Tunnel Vision' he said she wasn't that great of a shot.
    Foreshadowing a little? Don't know, but it sounded to me like TPTB are still playing off her being "a bad shot", or at least showing that she still is not that great at it. Which is to be expected given that she is a lab rat turned CSI.
    I think it could favor both H & Nat, however as ive said...Horatio can work the gun...we know that! Natalia on the other hand, is just now getting a feel for it.

H would have to literally put his gun down & throw himself in front of a flying bullet for me to buy him ever being taken down by a gun shot.:eek:
    & the way H is, I can only see him taking a guys head off before he puts himself in that situation.
    don't know. But I would like see Natalia kick off the season with a fresh story.
    Sorry, Im over all the other drama...I would hope TPTB are thinking of ways to freshen up the next season with some new arcs, cause they've played long enough on these, in my opinion.

11. doublehelix

doublehelix Police Officer

WOW! This is almost disturbing!! We're actually debating the good points of Natalia getting shot. Scary stuff kids!

Let me put in my thoughts here.
    I totally get why some of us are favoring the liklihood of Natalia being shot. It would be a segway into the next season and a good catalyst to a reunion with Eric. I did see some screen caps of the season finale, and I tend doubt Horation will be shot. One picture was of H running amongst some cars with gun drawn. I am assuming he would do this AFTER the shots started. So it does not look like he was hit. The other pic is of Eric leaping over or grabbing hold of gurney with everyone else running for cover. Other than that there is nobody shown down on the groung. So again I don't know who may have been hit. However, I am reminded of the scene in "Deep Freeze" where Eric "leaped" to Natalia's aid when her shoulder popped. It does have that sort of feel to it. Granted the one who is shot could be Tripp, but I still favor Natalia by a narrow margin.

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

:lol:Yes I know!! The only time anyone gets any excitement though is when there is blood!

I believe the scene with Eric jumping over the gurny is from when the shots are fired out & the ME is killed. Not for sure.

I must admit, I love Frank, & would kill for something of a story with him cause he is awesome & there are endless possibilties with his character.
    However, the focus always seems to be more on the CSIs'. As much as Id love to see Frank down I would rather see it mid season, opposed to a season finale cliffhanger.
    Not that he doesn't deserve a good finale kicker or anything, I would just like to see something come out of Nat & her " shooting ability" story, what very little they have given us.

Hell, maybe she accidentally shoots Frank:guffaw:(kidding --don't give TPTB any stupid suggestions:rolleyes:)

13. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

I was thinking the exact same thing. It's so... wrong, but even I don't want to stop thinking about it and all the senarios that can come of it. (Not to mention great acting on Eva's part.)

I actually wouldn't rule that out. Didn't Eva say in an interview a while back that something's going to happen when she does something wrong with her gun or something? Maybe she's part of the shootout and ends up hitting one of the CSIs instead of the enemies.

Oh, the possible Natalia angst!

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

NO!!!!:eek::eek:
    I absolutely really really REALLY do NOT wnat that to happen!!!
    I was kidding, ya know:lol:

Eva said of her shooting skills that she would get into an embroilment & that despite her best efforts, it doesn't end well.
    Now, that could have been reference to her shooting the suspect in Tunnel Vision, or what could happen in the finale. I really don't know.
    It would bring out some major drama for her to accidentally shoot a CSI, but still, I wouldn't want to see it.:(
    I would hope if that is the route they take that later they would discover the bullet wasn't from her gun or "oh my, she had blanks in her gun":wtf:
    Lord only knows with our dear PTB!!!:rolleyes:
    I just want her shot & bleeding :angel: I can only imagine what it would do to her if she shot a co-worker. Eva is awesome with spilling the tears, but geez, I would hate to see her that sad, cause you know she would feel so awful.
    I don't even want to think about it anymore:rolleyes:

Im just going to go with the thought of our dear Nat facing death. Anything at this point.
    :)

15. doublehelix

doublehelix Police Officer

OKAY! I'm sorry here but I do have to defend Natalia's honor here! Especially when it comes to her shooting skill.:scream::scream:

Isn't it conceivable that Natalia just may have been actually aiming at that guys arm in the "Tunnel Vision" episode? I mean if she actually took a field test to prove her proficiency with a firearm she would have had to achieve a minimum score to get her carry permit. Speaking from personal experience, it does not take too long to become a good handgun shot. Once you get past the initial nervousness and learn to "squeeze" the trigger and not "yank" the trigger things come together actually rather quickly. If she was still a lousy shot at the time of the qualification test I don't think she would have gotten her permit. :eek:

Natalia was totally in the right for shooting that guy. She would have been just as justified if she had killed him, but she didn't. Which means he's still alive for questioning/interrogation. As far as the scene with her and H at the place of the shooting, I simply chalk it all up to some frayed nerves. :eek:

Hey, she could be as good a shot as Calleigh "the Bullet Girl". Maybe Calleigh and Natalia should have a little contest to determine who is the better shot? :confused::)

Anyone gotta problem with that?(**a little sarcasm here**):thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.