Are you In or Out of your Shipper Closet?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Txxgrrrl, Oct 16, 2005.

1. lil_love_fan

lil_love_fan Hit and Run

I am definitely deep in the closet as far as shipping goes. My family and a few friends know that I love CSI, along with a few other shows, but they don't know that I post on threads, watch/make vids, or read fanfiction.

If I were to ever tell anyone that I ship The Love, it would have to be someone really, really close. I don't know what the reaction would be from my parents, and my friends would just give me a collective blank stare. Like this::confused:

I am so far in that I delete all of my ship-related browsing history every night. ;)

2. Salean

Salean Rookie

I'm kinda in and out... my family knows that I love CSI, but while my friends know that I like it they don't think I'm as obsessed with it as I actually am. They already think I'm slightly insane for me and one of my friend's obsessive 'Lost' tendancies so I don't feel the need to add to that. I try to tone it all down in front of my parents: because otherwise they might stop me from watching it full stop.

I'm fairly open with my sisters, though. They know how much I love my ships, they know I write fanfiction (actually, most people know that because they know how much I love writing and a couple of my friends do it as well. So we have many discussions about it), and my sister gave her opinion on a couple of banners that I made. They think I'm a little insane... but then they always have.

3. Sammey

Sammey Victim

My mom knows a little bit about it. We have discussions about whether or not people are gunna get together in the future or not. :lol:

My mom knows I like to read and write fanfiction, and recently started to find clips to make videos, but she's never actually seen or read any of it. My sister reads whatever I write :lol:.

But other than that nobody knows what I do with my free time, because I just don't tell them :D.

4. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

This is so weird because I was just sitting here thinking of trying to explain to my mum that I ship, and how I would do that. She's always asking what I do on the computer. We share a house at the moment and in the evening she knits and I sit on here and write fics. I don't let anyone that knows me in real life read my fics because for some strange reason I think it would feel like they were reading my diary or something :lol:

I do try and educate my mother on the intricacies of various ships (GSR and The Love) without actually explaining what I do on here! I also tried to explain the concept of Slash to an old friend the other day and she just looked at me like I had two heads. Oh well.

Im quite happy in my ship closet for now :p

Nat x

5. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Good question. I think I'm more in than out. My family all know I come to this forum and I love my CSI shows especially Miami.

My husband knows I think H is totally the coolest, but that's about it.

But I don't let anyone read what I post, or write or know my username.

6. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

I had no idea that there are forums for TV Shows before I found TalkCSI in January this year, and I don't go to other forums either. I am between closet-shipper and out there-shipper. My roommate obviously knows that I come here and sometimes she gives me ideas, but she is not interested in posting, because she rarely watches CSI:NY (the others I don't bother with :D)

7. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

You know, it's so strange. I've just been finishing up a little fic I've bee working on, and my aunt begged me to let her read it. Reluctantly, I did. It's EC, and she got this giant smile on her face about half way through and, when she'd finished, turned to me and said, 'you know, I've been hoping these two'd get it on'. I was so shocked! I knew she liked the show, but I had no idea she even cared about 'shipping' :lol:.

So me and my aunt now share the shipper closet.

8. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I'm still in the closet. The only people that know I'm a HUGE DuDe shipper are my online friends. My Mom knows I'm a huge CSI: Miami addict but other than that she has no clue. She has said though that she thinks Horatio and Alexx should fall in love. xD I think the same thing! Is there even a ship for them? : P

I also ship Hardy Boys. Hot. That's all.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  9. Vonnie

Vonnie Victim

My fiancé seems to be more of a shipper than me, oddly enough, though I don't think he realizes it. I'm not even sure if he knows what the word shipper means.

Unless he searches my history on my browser (which I highly doubt because he won't touch a Mac with a ten foot pole), he has no clue that I am surfing forums and such. For all I know, he's been reading Warrick and Catherine fanfiction on the side. He's bent that there is something more going on there than just work, which he always brings up when we watch CSI.

10. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Well, I guess I'm inbetween being in the closet and not. My best friend knows I ship and that I write, and while we used to share our fanfic stories ages ago before CSI was ever even dreamed of, we don't anymore. So, she's never read my CSI fic. My parents know I love CSI and that I write fanfic, though I'm not sure I've told them who I ship. My mom compared my fanfiction writing/reading like a heroin addiction... talk about bad. But I don't care. My other friends just know I like the show, but I don't go into it too much if I can help it, just because it's hard to explain the whole shipper thing.
    I don't let friends or family read my work because it feels way too personal, especially since I love angst, and they would wonder about my sanity I'm sure. But it's all over the internet, and I love all the review my online friends have sent me.
    I am proud of my ship, and wouldn't have it any other way, I just don't need people getting annoyed at me if I start to talk about it offline, because writing is my life, and I love writing fanfic. I don't want to go overboard! lol.

11. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

My father sometimes asks me what am I doing on the computer and I just say I`m reading about TV shows. Once he saw that it was something about CSIM and now he always asks me: "Are you reading about that red guy, again?" You can see that he is talking about Horatio. My friends always ask if Eric and Calleigh are going to get together when we talk about the show, and I always say that I hope so, but they don`t know that I`m obsessed with reading fanfiction and posting on this forum... They know that I`m obsessed with the show, though. But, that`s OK because they are all obsessed with other shows (like Prison Break)...

12. carolinam91

carolinam91 Police Officer

well, my parents and my sister know who I ship and see my videos, but that's about it. On the other hand, one of my closest friends who I got hooked on CSI:M, I'll tell her about what happen on the show and how I think things would go and start making up stories, we both laugh, and in the end she's always saying we're such dorks. So I got her hooked on EC, but I am more obsessed than her, still she's the one that knows the most about my shipping.

13. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Oh, I totally agree with this ^^ I feel like people will judge me and think I'm a bit sad if I tell them that I enjoy nothing more than spending an evening reading/writing fics and rewatching favourite epis. I have just today completed my vegas dvd collection *happy sigh*

That said, my excitement caused by said new dvds intrigued a good friend of mine today and I ended up talking him through the whole shipping and slash thing (with the aid of pictures, lol) and saying he could read my fics when he asked to. I always thought it might feel like someone reading my diary or something but I want to know if he thinks my writing is any good, so *shrug*

I probably set more store by the reviews of other shippers though because they really understand. I'm a review hussy :lol:

Nat x

14. Amanda_Ruth

Amanda_Ruth Witness

When I meet a new person, I normally don't hesitate to tell them about my fascination (or obsession, depending on how you look at it) with the CSI series. My first love will always be the original, but I have a growing fondness for New York and Miami (in that order). I started writing fan fiction about six months ago and never stopped. If people don't accept that I have a minor obsession with this show, so be it. I just won't talk to them anymore.

Now, when it comes to ships, I'll accept pretty much anything, but I'm very particular about what I write. Once I ship something, I usually never back down. The only exception is Danny/Lindsay from CSI: New York, but that was because they introduce a new character that I think is better for him: Rikki.

Anyway, that's my response. I hope that answers the question well!

15. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Definitely in the closet w/my ship - but I think everyone's kind of catching on as I keep complaining about the lack of H/Cal screentime ;) . I think it's easier to talk about a ship when it's actually playing out on-screen - like GSR. Otherwise, it's just like - "Did you SEE the way she looked at him when he was processing the fingerprint from that bloody knife? That was soo true love!" :lol:

I hear ya about not backing down from a ship - I just can't do it, no matter how bad things get for it. I just think my family/friends would think I'm "silly" for "shipping" a pair on CSI - no matter who it is. But I must say, though, that I'm pretty close to just coming out and saying it to my family/friends during an episode, out of sheer frustration ;)