George/Nick:Texan Charm #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Elsie, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

So with the news that Gary Dourdan is leaving CSI, how do you think this will affect Nick. Remember no spoilers :)

As I said in one of the other threads Nick and Warrick have always worked well together and the friendship has been well written over the years. First Nick looses his little sister and now he's loosing his big brother. It will be a hard struggle for Nick to feel like he's not be abandoned but if Grissom truly thinks he's supervisor material this will be an opportune time for him to focus on it. I think if tptb are smart it will give Nick a chance to show he can lead when Grissom leaves again when Billy goes to do the play. If tptb are smart it will give Nick a chance to work with Greg so after 3 longs years he might have a chance at being more than a CSI level 1. But that is for another thread or two :)

2. Veze

Veze Rookie

But why looking for an "handsome and athletic CSI" to replace Warrick? We already have Nick fitting perfectly this description :drool:

Unfortnuately... when the origianl cast start leaving... it's usualy the beggening of the end :(

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I'm just hoping that with Warrick leaving we will be shown how it affects Nick! Sara leaving affected Warrick and Grissom but you didn't get to see how it affected anybody else on the team. :( I am hoping that they don't bring in someone next year while Billy is gone doing the play. I don't really think they need a nother Keppler. Both Nick and Catherine have been at the job long enough that either one could take over for any length of time.

Speedy, nice avi! :bolian: I get to see images as long as I'm not in an image heavy thread, which means - still can't see them in the ward!:(

Susan

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I just hope that since they KNOW he's leaving for sure that they can write a decent exit for him. Good grief...tell us why he's leaving and let him say goodbye!

I've been thinking, it's kind of natural for people to move on (I mean the characters, not the actors) like they do in real jobs. I hate it when someone I like leaves our workplace, but then we get other people coming in that we like and we move on. So, hopefully it can be handled like that.

So yeah, Nick and Catherine definitely need to take stronger roles now. It wouldn't make sense if they didn't. I just hope they don't give the replacement some kind of crazy problem or storyline to complicate things.

5. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I agree with everyone comments. I will truly miss Nick and Warrick's friendship. They had some of the best scenes together.

What Smokey said is true, co-workers move on. It's part of life, but yea, I think it will effect Nick and this should be shown.

Saying what you hope happens isn't spoilery is it? I hope Nick butt heads with this new guy. You know what I mean? Have some kind of friction between them.

However, I am not happy to hear the George hasn't signed his contract yet. Ok, I know he'll sign, but still.

And Blackflag, thanks! I'm glad you like my avi.

6. Jacquie

Speedy I don't think saying what you hope will happen is spoiling anything. I'm not concerned yet about George not signing his new contract. They may not have started negotiations with him yet. George has stated that he's wanting more than just an actors part in the show. Could tptb be offering more and he needs to go over it more????

I also agree with what Smokey said about the work place. People come and go in ever job. I think that is what tptb tried to show in season 5 by splitting the team up. From a fans point of view I don't think it work and I know the actors didn't care for it either but that is real life.

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Yeah, coworkers move on, but I didn't say I liked it! :lol: I'm not fond of change, I've just learned to accept it. But man, I'm glad it's not Nick (yet!) who's leaving!

8. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

Unfortunately, like other major events in Nick's life, these will most likely be largely ignored which is a shame as things like this can give characters more depth.
    I don't want CSI to turn into a soap, but it would be ignorant not to recognise the relationships people have having worked with friends/colleagues for 8 years or more. I speak from very recent experience here! :D

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ok, so while I'm working this idea pops in my head and I feel the need to share.

I'm like Yoshi, just trying to get my priorities in line.

I really really think George needs to get his own official website. I mean keep us fans in the know, you know?

Maybe then we could email him, kind of, directly. Yes, I know he'd be inundated with emails, but I'd be willing to make the sacrifice and help him sort through them.

So George, you really need to set up your own official website. Us Ward girls would be veeeerrrrrryyyyy appreciative! ;)

Ok, I suppose I should get back to work! :rolleyes:

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

11. Jacquie

Wojo thanks for stopping by with the sad news :( I know I had not seen this before. I hope George is doing well :) I would also get out of the way for the stampede of Ward Girls to get in line to be the next girlfriend :lol: But in all seriousness three years in Hollywood is a long time to be with one person. There is no point in speculating about the break up because we all know George respects his privacy and will not likely say anything.

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Thanks Wojo! This could be just a rumor, but if not, I hope George is doing ok too. You know the Ward girls wish you the very best! :)

Too late! :p I'm already on my way to mend his broken heart. ;)

13. Luminol

Luminol Witness

OMG, what am I reading now:(is it over between George & Monika? Oh that's sad for them.:(

And Yeah :drool:, we all give him (alot) shoulders too cry on if he need to;)
    George I wish you the best and keep youre head up:thumbsup:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  14. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Yup I agree, us ward girls would be really and willing to offer a shoulder to cry on... But like you all said, I hope that he's doing well... It must be awful for this to happen after 3 years... :(

Ok random Nick question... I'm reading a CSI Novel - Body Of Evidence by Max Allen Collins, and it says in it Nick was abused as a child. Is this correct from the show or is it just in the world of the book?

15. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

In the episode Overload in season 2 he tells Catherine that when he was nine, a last minute babysitter did abuse him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.