Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Gaelen, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

Thank you. I just hope that whatever they do next we get some clarity. I'm not really expecting Danny to use the L word (and no, I don't mean lesbian!) just yet, I think it may sound a little hollow. If someone tells you they love you and you don't respond straight away it's best to wait for the right moment imo.

Personally I want any big reveal from Danny to be about his overall feelings, something about what has driven his actions in recent weeks, the love can come later. I'm pretty certain the next episode or two will be about Lindsay finding out about Rikki so we'll probably get a few more angsty moments then the healing needs to begin with a rebuilding of their friendship.

2. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Well, I want some fluff as soon as poss and I don't think about the time theory whatsoever anymore. It makes my head hurt so I just choose to accept it is whatever day/year they tell us it is! :lol:

I'd like to see the coupley progression, they've agreed it's wise to wait before regaining their previous intimate status but struggling as time goes on. Playing pool at his after watching some generic sports game (such a fan can you tell? :lol:) and they're joking and laughing. They have some little kisses and tickling, distraction techniques you understand. ;) she moves in to take the shot that won it for her before and SMM is having non of it this time. Leans in to blow on her neck, is mesmerised and decides to kiss it instead. Of course just as our favourite ship's breathing becomes a little laboured MM pulls herself together and sends SMM in the direction of the shower. Cold. :lol:

We can start Season 5 with whatever gutterish Boom! y'all fancy. I'm intrigued for this season's finale though, here's the tangent, even with the DL interaction removed Snow Day was the most fantastic episode ever!

3. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

*Stuffy pokes her head in the new thread* Does anyone remember me? :p

Fantastic opening Evil Twin :) beautiful as always.

In regards to Bella's question on the first page...I would probably go with the SOOH scene. Danny flying out to Montana to support his girl speaks for itself, and the way they looked at each other when he entered the courtroom was just pure love. And of course, the hand-holding and almost-kiss. I think that scene shows that there is clearly something more than just friendship between them.

The "moment" on Wednesday night was bittersweet. Carmine and Anna did a fantastic job on quoting Jaws, and when Lindsay said "This is hard" and walked away, I wanted to cry and give her a big hug. Though I still struggled to look at Danny (the entire scene I was thinking "Carmine, Carmine, Carmine..."), I liked how he said "We should rent it."

I hope we see something that indicates that he has talked to her, because quite frankly while I believe she knows something is up, I don't think she knows what he did. If Danny does not tell her, he will be an even bigger coward than he is now. IMHO.

*hugs to everyone*

4. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I may have said I wanted to see the talk - a long time ago, but now? No. I really don't think the writers can handle such an awkward but important talk between DL to such an extent that we would be happy with what was said. I'd rather the writers leave that to us, our imaginations, and fanfiction. But having said that, I don't mean I don't want to see anything either. I want the effects of the talk to be carried through the episode (maybe Lindsay finds it hard to be alone with Danny, she can't look him in the eyes or Danny seems desperate to talk to her - things like that). Perhaps they can say something in passing about Rikki to make it clear to us that Lindsay knows.

That's one talk down, but what I'd like to see is another one where DL tell each other where they are, and what they're going to do next, i.e for me, that would be starting over on a fresh leaf. They let the past go, what's done is done, and they can move on together in the way they were never able to do before.

Welcome back Mer! We missed you in here :)

Agreed. Clarity is one of the more, if not the most important thing right now. We need to know if Lindsay knows, where they are, and what their next step is going to be. The guessing needs to stop and the writers need to give us concise answers in their script that's going to be difficult to misinterpret.

As for Danny and 'love', I agree. If he says it when the moment isn't right, I would think it was hollow and was nothing more than guilt , and that he feels obligated because she said it to him. No, I won't like that at all. However, depending on when/how he says it, there's no reason why he shouldn't, as long as he comes across as truthful and not pretencious.

Well I hope that the next episode will have Lindsay finding out about Rikki, or the clarification that she already knows about what Danny did. Either way would be fine with me. I really want to know Danny's side of the story; his thoughts on Rikki, on Lindsay, and his relationship with the two women. I hope we get to hear how he really feels about Lindsay - and, well of course I hope he tells her that he wants to be with her. :)

It's probably is best to ignore it :lol: Otherwise you get a headache for no reason. :p

Peaches! I love your little scenario there :lol: That's fic worthy right there babes! And of course, the ever popular cold shower - haha, poor Danny's probably going to have alot of those in the months to come.

Personally, I hope we don't play a big part in the finale. We did last season and it was great. But this time around, I would settle for a small scene between them; perhaps Danny gives her a kiss on the forehead when he passes by or something, just to give us a little boost on their relationship - and so that we know it is working out. Then come season 5, we wouldn't find it so awkward if they were back to normal. :)

TWINNY!! Good to see you back around these parts babes! (Now Dutch is going to be so confused because everyone's coming back and she's asleep! :lol: )

He'd be a jerk, but somehow I can understand why he wouldn't necessarily want to tell Lindsay. He could use the excuse that he didn't want to hurt her anymore than he already had -- but that, IMO isn't going to solve his problems. He needs to tell her, and I hope the writers see that. I would hate for the writers to deny us that, setting up a possibility for future conflict. That would just be tacky and stupid.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  5. Little_Peaches

I'll start off with the childish part, not open even 24 hours and look at our performance! We so totally rock dude! :lol:

Why thank you Liff, I'd go all out and write one of them but it would probably require potential readers to produce i.d..... :guffaw: Terrible I know but I know some peeps aren't open to full on gutterish fluff. Yet! ;)

I'm quite happy to have a bare minimum DL interaction in the finale, really cause I wanna spare us all and out angst. No cliff hangers necessary - little kisses, SMM bringing her coffee and then telling her to be careful cause it's hot. Silly little things. TPTB one warning (in this post at least) Do not mess this up!! xx

Ok, had to add this note before bed, dunno maybe it's because I'm steadily making my way through Liff's awesome fics and they've affected me but it's become clear exactly what SMM has to do to get back onside with WH,MM. He has to take a bullet for her. Angst & love = gutterish fluff

6. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

:lol: I'm all for that, but I have a huge feeling that poor DL will have some dilemmas that carry on til Season 5 from the way TPTB have been treating us! I'm all for angst now though, just as long as DL will get there in the end. :)

Now, I'm sorry that I'm pimping my fanfiction here, but I would really love to share and contribute my DL love now that my lovely Muse is back - partly thanks to the lovely Liffy! :lol: After talking to him, it got me all jumpy again to write!
    To Capture the Past - Chapter 2
    This is How a Heart Breaks - One shot

What I'm grateful for is that... after what happened between Rikki and Danny, people are still coming back to this thread! :D It just goes to show how much faith we have in DL! At the end of the day, I still believe that TPTB will let them have their happy ending... No matter how long that may take! :lol:

The Eskimo kiss!
    [​IMG]

7. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Good Morning everyone! A brand new day means a brand new set of thoughts (for me at least), but one thing that hasn't change is that DL is still LOVE! :D I love new threads, even if we're already on page two with heated discussion. Our ship just totally rocks.

PM me and I'll help you write it ;) Who cares? People can NEVER get enough of DL fluff -- N-E-V-E-R :lol:

Yeah, I really wouldn't like if we had alot of DL in the finale. For me, the perfect finale would have, like what you said, silly little moments that's just so normal it could pass off as insignifican't. Him handing her coffee, tell her it's hot, brushing her hand with his, sharing a smile longer than they usually do and then the moment's over. Maybe we see Danny throwing Lindsay a grin ever so often without any reason and we can see her grin back (like the looks they used to share pre-drama).

But yeah, I really hope - no I DEMAND that TPTB don't screw this up. I'm fine with them now being where they used to be, because I can't really see them moving that fast either (again, with the time thing), but I don't want a cliff-hanger based on DL, that again puts too much emphasis on the relationship aspect of the show. Even if DL don't get too much dedicated screen time, I'd like for the writers to at least show they're trying, and working it out for the better. If they can share smiles and grins and banter again throughout the episode, I'll be happy. :)

I think for once, the non-dl supporters, and the dl supporters agree on one thing; we don't want a cliff-hanger dealing with DL. They've already got a strong case coming up, and that's already enough. Adding relationship on top of that would just be overkill IMO.

But then again, it depends on the kind of dilemma, if Lindsay's mad because Danny spilled coffee on her by accident and then we fade to black, then I don't mind so much :lol:

Haha! I should get a new title! Liffy, the Muse Therapist. :lol:

DL is love and they can never take away what we've gotten. They've hit rock bottom right now so the only way left to go is up! :) Optimism will carry this ship through; there is no way TPTB can screw this up even more. And even then we'll continue shipping in denial :lol: Because we know they're meant to be! :D

Hahaha! Why's it called an Eskimo kiss??

Here's Teh Hug!

[​IMG]

8. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Aww, the Eskimo kiss! That would be so cute! Seriously, though, this couple can't go any further down in my mind. Catastrophic results would happen. The sun won't shine anymore and everyone will be in a grumpy mood.

I am loving the fanfics that are coming in! I am getting a wee bit tired of all the angsty ones (though they are very well written! :thumbsup:)

My motto for this couple comes directly from Galaxy Quest: Never Give Up, Never Surrender! :lol:

9. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Well, not quite confused, but sorta angry because of the time difference :brickwall: and the fact that, with everything that's going on in my life right now, I really need my rest :)...I was actually delighted when I just read through ALL those posts and saw so many familiar names return...*huggles her buddies* :)

Yes, I do believe that this 'back to season 1'-Danny is not the one who did all the things we saw him do during season 2 and 3. Somehow I hope that the writers have played with the idea that all the hurt and grief over people he loves finally broke him when Ruben died.:( Perhaps he thinks that he is not worthy of love, or that his love can hurt the people he cares deeply about...maybe that's why he is suddenly shying away from Lindsay...now just all keep our fingers crossed that this time she'll stick with him :)

Of course he has feelings for her...he obviously still loves to spend time with her and have fun with her...it's just a matter of time, before he realizes (when she's no longer willing to do that) that it is more than just that...:cool:

Well, that could've been me too, at first (because I was really angry with TPTB for what they did) I wanted to see their whole talk, but then I was reminded of the talk in LRC and I now think it's perhaps better to not see the talk, but just get some kind of confirmation that it has taken place :cool:

I'm glad that you're joining us again and at least we now can all look forward to that together...and talk about whatever they throw at us...:rolleyes:

When he doesn't say anything and just tries to go on and win her back as if nothing has happened I am going to agree with you...but this is Danny Messer and his Montana...he's going to tell her! :)

I haven't read any D/L fics in a while, but I will check out your's and Liffy's...I could use some of Liff's therapy, my muse seems to be on a trip around the world...:rolleyes:

Because Eskimos 'kiss' by rubbing their noses together, and because of those :censored: reporters in SOoH, that's all D/L could do at that moment.

No, it shouldn't, I start watching the show (LV) because of the cases and when D/L came on that was just a great added bonus...I wouldn't mind if the romance takes a step back, but for now they have to go through and finish this storyline they started :rolleyes:...when we know that D/L are fine again, then they can really start focussing on the crimes again...

10. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

TPTB do not want to know what's going to happen if they make situations worse. We happy people must be kept happy -- occasional angst is okay -- but happy ending but be guaranteed! Yes, I want my happily ever after (or at least until they decide to move in together because that, IMO, is going to cause ALOT of angst :p )!!

If TPTB don't fix this, we will throw stuff at them. Hard and sharp objects combined :lol:

Perhaps that was the angle the writers wanted to take? That Danny's been put through so much and we've never really seen that big of a reaction from him over a span of episodes, so may he, like Linds, likes to bottle things up inside and when Ruben died, everything just came out in one big...mess and he's got no clue what he's doing anymore. I felt that Danny's never really been serious about relationships before Lindsay, I dunno - that's just my gut feeling, so maybe he just doesn't know how to let the ones he care about in. Who knows? This Danny confuses me...

I really wanna see DL out of work now, where they don't have to "be" professional and we can see where they both stand in this big mess.

*sigh* The only way to love something is to realise that it may be lost... I have a love/hate relationship with that quote - I love it, but I hate it at the same time. :rolleyes:

I hope that the thought of losing her will be enough of a calling for him to wake up and try to fix everything. Danny has a hero-complex, I'm sure he'd love to fix things :p

Read smut - it makes you all fuzzy inside. :cool:
    Aww, really? That's adorkable. Can you imagine DL in snowsuits together? Waddling with the penguins...I'm still drunk on something aren't I? :p

Yeah, they need to finish this ridiculous storyline, and then drop the whole relationship drama thought. Let DL be happy and actually try and attract viewers with their cases - not their romances. :rolleyes:

11. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

And that is why I love this board :lol: you guys always make me laugh. and now that I have sussed out the multi quote option, you had better look out!!

Well amen to that! I do not think that they are going to give us anything in the same league as Snow Day but after all the confusion between Danny and Lindsay, I would like a little something between them.... just a small glimmer of hope perhaps? A longing glance or shy smile between them would make me happy

Welcome to the thread JellyBelly - I am sure that you will enjoy the madness!! and it is so nice to see Mer and Stuffy posting again- although I admit I could never work out who is twins with who :lol:
    Anyone care to draw up the family tree for me??

It was such a small scene but it seemed to say loads about how they are now in a way. They are so natural together and they slip into their banter so easily. Having tortured myself by watching it again, it is interesting to see Danny suggest that they watch a video and I agree that Lindsay needed a hug at the end of the scene:(

Is it wrong that I would love to see that happen :devil: I like angst of the fluffy variety. Although it is very cliche, something like NWILL would make Danny come to his senses and get things back on track. What can I say? I'm with Peaches on this one:)

I totally agree with you - it says a lot about our ship that people are sticking with it - even when things are this bad :eek: You just cannot beat true love

12. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Yeah, it really looks like they've reversed things somehow, now Lindsay's the one suddenly talking about her feelings and Danny's the one shutting everyone (and especially the one he cares about most -again like Lindsay-) out and doing whatever it takes to not have to talk about it and to avoid any real emotions...:(

I think right now he's the one most confused by everything....:rolleyes:

Ah, yeah, the old and tragic 'You don't know what you got, 'til it's gone' - I'm with you, I hate it that sometimes something so drastic is necessary, but at the same time I love how this wake-up call can help people along in their quest for true happiness..:)

I do that a lot :angel:, but somehow fuzzy is not what I'd use to describe how it makes me feel :devil:

Yes, it's really something in which they complement each other so perfectly...:cool:

*sniffs Liffy's drink* - D/L waddling with penguins? :guffaw:

13. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

That's not all we do ;)

Yeah, I hope that we're not jinxing it or anything, but I do hope we get some small scene for DL - something quirky, friendly banter...or something that makes it obvious that they're working it out. Maybe we'll get a head kiss? :D The one we never got -- that'd be nice wouldn't it? Awww....

And true love it is! You just can't escape the love between Danny and Lindsay. They just belong together :)

You know what I find funny? When Lindsay did it, everyone was annoyed, and nobody liked her. They labelled her selfish and whatever. She was going through her own grief at the time, but nobody liked it. Now the situation's been reversed; it's Danny that's not letting her in, but now the same people who called Linds out on her behaviour say Danny's is "realistic". I'm just...confused now.

I do hope that the writers fix it, I really see this as nothing more than a once in a lifetime anomaly for Danny. I hope we see how sorry he is for hurting her the way he did -- because he's going to be hardpressed to him back into her life.
    If he wasn't being so dumb, I'd laugh cos he's adorable when he's confused. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I guess it's a good thing if this makes Danny really think about the things he has in his life and realise how important certain people, like Lindsay, are to him -- and hopefully he'll make the right decision in trying to win her back. :)

Oh no - you read the smut, and then you read a fluffy - THEN you feel fuzzy. :p

They belong together, that is all. :)

I think I OD'd on chocolate again. :p

14. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

My lord people! I go away for like an hour and I don't even know where to start!

I am with you guys on the season finale...that would be such a cop out for the writers to have a major D/L moment. But with them writing the show one can never tell what is in store! As much as I hate this storyline they really did grab our attention didn't they? :p

*wanders off and thinks fluffy thoughts*

15. Little_Peaches

*If I was a rich girl, nananananananana!*

Ahoy there! Did ya miss me? I know I've only been gone several hours but hey, is it too early for pirateness in the ship?
    I'd firstly like to say - Meg, there shall be nooo mention whatsoever of the potentialness of grumpy moods! You know the drill, if it gets a little cloudy and I mean as soon as it's a little cloudy, you PM me and I make it all better with my warped little mind. :devil:

Welcome Newbies & returnees (I'm such a pro at this now ;)) I too am loving the whole ship is sailing beautiful to unchartered waters but with a full supportive crew.

Liffy, I think we're almost there! :guffaw: take that!!

I'm also getting fed up with the Lindsay's selfish/Danny's acting normally. She was 15 people! That wasn't selfish!!

Bella, I'm glad you agree with me on the Danny taking a bullet front. If anyone objects or thinks it is a little harsh - I point you in the direction of Mr Liffy with his angsty/fluffy/gutterish fics. I'm really getting through A Life With You. Nearly done and I'm loving it!

*See I'd have all the money in the world, if I was a wealthy girl!*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.