Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Gaelen, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

You alcoholic Brits you! I am a goody two shoe thats me! :lol: Peaches I hope you are enjoying your shot of scotch!;)

Totally off topic but I saw a magic show the other day and the magician mentioned sleight out of hand and I squealed quietly to myself while my friends gave me weird looks!

Thanks dutch for the guide as well!

2. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

I like pretty much any scene when SMM looks at someone else when WH,MM is being all smarty pants and he gets that proud look.
    Yes, that look! I honestly think that everyone is aware there is something between the two of them. He does that smug look with everyone, even suspects! :lol:

Even when things aren't awesome there is the indication. Take that episode when Linds hands over the pad for SMM to catch up look at Hawkes' face - he's totally thinking SMM is getting his ass kicked. Well. Ignore that part.

*Whips out the thingamabob from Men In Black*

Teehee, how about YODO pretty much any DL scene there. When Linds is being all genius with memory polymer and they're leaning in 'examing the evidence' ;) they move right back when Mac & Stella walk in.
    Aw, they're doing the Mach 5/Batmobile argument. Bless :D

Scotch? Meg, I love you!:guffaw:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  3. audacity

audacity Pathologist

Congrats on the new thread! I actually only came in and posted because everyone was talking about booze. Sounds good on Sunday morning. :lol:

I'm confuzzled as to where this ship is actually going. But it was nice to see some bantering and fun out of these two last episode. Perhaps, that's where they should have kept the relationship instead of heading into 'waters unknown'. But only time will tell.

My favorite D/L moments are mostly the little moments. The nice, little moments are the best. But I also like the physical moments like 'the hug' and 'the handholding'. :)

4. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Hehe! I so love new threads; they have that new thread smell (or feel, whichever you prefer) and you just can't help but feel HAPPY! :D

No, I suppose not yet. We'll know when it's time when TPTB gives us a scene of them being all happy together and facing the same way (or each other) and BOOM! Hello new thread banner! (followed by banners and icons...) :)

Well, from what I know, DL aren't working together (or maybe they are I'm not sure). I can't remember if it's another one team case or not but I've been told that a large portion of Lindsay's scenes are with Mac. But either way, 418 is going to be a great episode for Lindsay :) We have a rape victim (I think) and she asks to talk to Lindsay and the two reportedly connect... I think that's going to be great to see, and I have no doubt that Anna's going to pull it off as well as she's handled the last few episodes. :)

Right now, I'd have to say that whatever that was between DL is over, at least, Lindsay thinks so ("I never should have gotten involved..."), so I'm hoping to see Danny trying to convince her otherwise, that's he's here to stay if she'll take him back. :)
    It's a bit ironic isn't it? Danny's the one who we've seen pursuing the relationship, and he's the one who screws it up. We know he needs Linds around, and face it, why would he suggest they rent Jaws when he can watch it with someone else? Nope, its Lindsay that he wants to watch it with. :)
    Yes, yes you are! But then, so am I! :lol:

I'm going to go with NWILL, like most of you have said. I think that was a pivotal moment where it went beyond just the usual banter and flirting. We saw how worried Danny was, and nobody else looked nearly as disturbed about the idea as he was. :) Yep, that's when Danny Messer decided he kinda liked having his Montana around...and nowhere else but by his side, eating bugs with him :lol:

I think he'll always have a place in her heart, but right now he just needs to show her that he's there to stay and the "accident" was nothing, and it's her that he wants to spend time with, fall for, make babies with :D hehehehe.

But as for their current status? I think Lindsay broke whatever they had between them off. It'd be great wouldn't it if we saw them talking it out next episode? It doesn't have to be 'the' talk, but another one after, perhaps them stating clearly that they were going to start over so we don't have to keep playing 'guess the status' with them. :p

I do icons and banners. I am hopeless at manips though! So I'll leave that up to you ;) Oh and who's challenging me to make a new banner? Huh? Huh? :p

I had a similar mental picture; there was a piano, champagne, but Danny and Linds were ontop of the piano and they didn't seem to know where their clothes went. *hides in the closet*

I'm not really a fan of "gangz", :lol: but that reminds me more of ThumpyG more than Danny!!

Maybe ThumpyG can pop by and flirt with Linds and make Danny all red (and green) in the face? :)
    I think Danny would be deathly afraid of meeting Mr. Monroe - I dunno why. Poof! Goes his bad boy attitude, only to be replaced by a shy man who's deathly afraid of the shot gun that's sitting by the door. Oh, and he probably hopes that his "accident" is never ever mentioned again. :p

All the CSIs need to tone down the relationship -- it's not what the show's about. Even DL needs to be toned down. I'd rather see them in a happier light, but have whatever drama they have together tie into the cases in some way (as I have said before). One or two storylines that are more personal to the characters are okay, especially if whatever it is, affects the way they work.

But saying that, I'm not really happy with where they've taken Danny, because yes it ties in with Ruben's storyline but I don't see it affecting his work in anyway, so it leaves the whole thing somewhat pointless to me. Unless Danny was never the focus for this drama in the first place, and right now, that seems more plausible because all we've seen so far is how Lindsay's dealing with the situation and not much from Danny's side. I guess I like it in that front because we finally see how deep Lindsay's feelings for him goes, and even though she probably doesn't want to, she's faced with the decision to let him go.
    Thanks for that Dutch! ;) Meg, check out the first posts of all the past threads, they'll always have a link to the previous thread (though I think that's not valid anymore since the links have changed from the board move). I guess that means we're the first 'new' DL thread on the new board :)

Perhaps he can keep his clothes on before he gets arrested for public nudity. :lol: When he's inside he can whip it all off. Maybe he has Lindsay's spare key and uses it to make it up to her...anyway she wants :devil:

Dutch!! Thanks for posting the episode guide! It's always easy to lose track of where we are and what we've gone through sometimes. Going through the episode guide made me smile again, because we, and DL, have gone through so much together. I have no doubt they'll always find a way to work it out between them, no matter what the problem. :) That's just DL for you. They banter, they grin, they smile, they laugh, and they make everyone (including each other) fall in love with them again.

Aww.....

Maybe CBS is testing out a new ride for their themepark. The "Flungst Ride". :lol: Because we keep going up and down and up and down in a neverending circle. Can't wait till the ride closes down permanently on "up". :p
    Yep, they do indeed! And since my muses love them (and are rightfully named after them) -- they tend to spark the creative edge! :D

For anyone who read my fic "The 416", here is the new chapter. Enjoy! :)

I like the more subtle episodes too, they leave more up to the imagination, but then having a BOOM! scene every now and again can't hurt either.

I'm still trying to figure that one out. Are you talking about ADoWaR? :lol: - If so, that episode was love! "We're not all beer and buffalo burgers Messer..."

Now I really miss all the flirting that they used to do together (and everything else)... darn all this angst! I want my happily happy happy scenes you hear me!?

Yup, I would too...like now...because I REALLY want to know what happens next!! :p I am a very impatient person when it comes to DL. Gimme my DL!!
    Aww...I did that with a friend (since my gf at the time liked DL too). :lol: That was funny. :)

And we get to see Danny stare at Lindsay again....and again....and again... :p

I don't even drink, and I believe I am over the British legal limit, but I don't drink. And I'm considerably fine aside from the moments of DL rush I go through at random moments during the day. :lol:

Auda!! *snuggles you* Me mishes you, and I haven't even gone yet. Hehe.

You'd have to be somewhat...dead to not realise something between them, lol!! :lol: (I can't use anymore smilies because I've gone up to the 40 limit -- haha!) Yes, somebody count my smilies!!

Oh dear, I did another novel post didn't I, lol. Oh well!

5. eveninstarz14

Well I am ten months removed from being legal anywhere in the world so YAY! Right now, though, these two (mostly Danny) make me want to go to a bar and drink away my pain and sorrows. Umm...actually just to get rid of that darn headache I get every time I turn the show on! :p

6. Little_Peaches

Drowning sorrows over CSI NY? See, that's when you know you're dedicated to a ship. :lol:

Liff, I'm loving the idea of Thumpy G (or you know, NY equivalent - get your head round that one) hitting on Lindsay. SMM's frustration hitting new levels. You know, 'Don't hit on my gi... fellow CSI' Thumpy G 'Cool, dawg, she's fine, she's smoki..' 'shut up punk!'

MM just :rolleyes: can you blame her?

7. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

*makes mental note - whenever one wants to lure Auda, bring some booze on a sunday morning* :p (you're sweet for dropping by:)) And since I'm still managing the pub in GutterVille I now announce happy hour to start...and no worries, I'm not gonna ask for ID's :cool:

But the problem is, when they kept it at bantering and fun, we would always have wanted more ;)...it's so hard to please us shippers...but next time they make them sail of into unexplored teritory, TPTB should at least give them and us a compass to find the way back to calmer waters...:)

Yeah, I'm a good girl :devil:

Well, and this may be old news for ol' time shippers/lurkers, but I still go for RSRD...That moment were Danny hands in his badge and looks at Lindsay through the glass is when it became obvious for me AND for them that they were somehow meant to be :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:(

And that makes it even more significant that, at least to me, it seems like he doesn't even realize he is saying it at first...it is so natural for him to think off doing stuff with her, having fun with her, having her around that he totally forgets that she is trying to keep her distance...He sure screwed up and he better fix it! :brickwall:

BTW, Liffy I just noticed that you used my favourite font for that opening pic...Is there some unintentional hidden meaning...Miss. Austen is still my all time queen of lots of angst with a fluffy ending...

8. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I think we're all chained to the mast or something :rolleyes:

Oooh! They're on a case...and they have to talk to some punk gang down in the Bronx or something, and Danny's already on edge cos he don't like those people and he don't want them anywhere near Linds, but she's getting annoyed with him and just barges along.

Some guy (why can't Thumpy relocate? :p) saunters up to her and gives her a once over and a whistle and Danny's going red and clenching his fists. And maybe he's leaning in a little too close for comfort and Danny's suddenly standing between them looking like he's about to glare them to death.

Yup - cue the eye roll. :rolleyes: That would be SO Lindsay, :lol: and she might just have to talk to him about not bashing up guys who flirt with her, she's not his anymore, and that was his fault, and he'd shut up and be all sheepish and and...they kiss and make up?

:p
    Oh it's a tribute to Ms. J. Austen so we can get that fluffy ending we always wanted. :lol: I never remember my font names!

Oh I think he's just realised what he's lost. If 417 said anything, it's that Danny still doesn't get it, that Lindsay isn't going to always be by his side. And I guess it's weird because they've always been flirting and bantering and just being them together, but now they can't anymore, and that is why he's going to get her back! :D

9. eveninstarz14

Well, I just drown(ed?) my sorrows with apple juice which made me feel slightly better. :)

I would love to see a "talk" between Thumpy G and Danny...I think I would be on the floor laughing way too hard :guffaw:I can just see Lindsay and Stella giggling at the side watching those two fight with each other!

10. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Yep thats the one I was on about... that whole episode they seemed so much more relaxed and at ease.

I always found it funny how Danny technically instigated the whole thing and he's now the one almost not taking it seriously but then technically we still didn't know what it was they were.

If the next few episodes are anything to go by I'm hoping at least one will bring some smiles.

I'll join the drinking masses to... i have a nice bottle of Archers Peach Snapps in my room need to drink it.

11. Little_Peaches

Liffy, why are you posting fics and not having an ending?! Are you onside with the demonic PTB? It's better than sitting with popcorn during an ep you've not seen a spoiler for then Boom! To be continued. :scream:

Flicking through your stuff and I especially liked the follow up to Dream. I love fluff! And gutterazzi! :devil:

Clearly miffed over the recent angst but is it weird that I'm really looking forward to the coming make up eps? Danny's attempts being rebuffed and then it gets to the stage she's testing him. She does want him back but has he proved himself enough? Would he drink the fat (a'la Friends) for her? :guffaw: I know I'm severely pushing it but a little comedy wouldn't go amiss!

As for Thumpy G - I don't know if you're familiar with Supernatural but anytime Dean Winchester comes face to face with 'himself' (demon/illusion whatever) he gets distracted and kinda flirts with himself 'Aren't you a handsome son of a b***h?' Understandable of course. Danny's not quite as badass as Dean but I think he would have that reaction to his 'twin' :lol:

*Goes back to Liffy's fanfic for entertainment*

12. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Are we all going to be drunk on all types of beverages before the new ep even airs?? Hmm, I wanna see the promo for 418, I hope it's not as...painful to the eyes as 416's was. :p

Haha, I wonder if Stel and Linds would just get bored halfway through and walk away to find ice cream or something until the men finally realise "hey, where'd they go?" And Danny would run after his Montana again... :p

I don't think he's not taking it seriously...it's just he's been blinded to all else that moves because of Ruben's death. I dunno - the situation is weird, Danny is weird, but I'm sure he'll come around when he realises Lindsay doesn't respond to him anymore, and that's something he can't go without :)

Whaaaaaaaat? I like to be a little demonic too sometimes :lol: and you have to wait till NEXT week for the NEXT chapter. :p It's how my muses work. :lol: Blame them, not me, I'm just the underpaid typist.

There's going to be a basketball game after that one. :devil:

Yeah, I'd love to see Lindsay hold him back at arms length, yet he's trying to get closer, so she can forgive him. He's going to need to get that trust back so hopefully it won't take too long for them to reconnect and realise they can't live without each other's smiles.

Danny's going to have to prove to himself, and Linds, that he's sorry for the screw up and that he does want to be a part of her life, and wants her to be a part of his. :) It's going to be good fun watching them try and flirt again.

I think he'd be scared Lindsay might run off with his twin! :eek:

13. Little_Peaches

^Oh please, if Linds is like any other self respecting girl - she'll take them both!

Oh I love bringing the gutter into the thread so early in the day. A ball game you say Liff? Hahaha. Oh the fun to be had with that. Can we have MM in one of SMM's tops? Nothing sexier than a girl in her man's top. :lol:

Dutch, I'll have a Grey Goose with Lime! ;)

14. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^ Pours Peaches a drink* LOL, there's some heavy drinking going on in here, scotch, schnapps, vodka *sticks to her white wine, even though it's not that early here anymore ;) (10 PM)*
    I don't either, but since I love Miss Austen, I remembered this one...:)
    That's the optimism I like :lol:...I think if -and her early actions are a good indication that she will- Lindsay stands her ground and not forgive him and forget what he did so easily, we can really enjoy some fun stuff while watching Danny squirm to win her heart back...she can perhaps already start with trying to be friends again, but he will have to work harder than he probably ever did to get her to sleep with him again...

15. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

Well I hope this post works as I just lost one long post :brickwall: and I still cannot get to grips with the multi quote option :lol:

That's you, me, everyone here in the thread and definitely the bloody writers. SOmeone posted recently about Snow Day suggesting a very different season for DL than the one we actually got. It would have been nice to see some fluffy DL before the angst we got with Rikki, even if it was a little moment. The head kiss that we did not get in Boo? That would have been perfect. And the angst is bad enough but when you add in the confusion, it is just evil!! But when you look back over this season, there seems to have been a lot of ambiguity regarding their relationship which set up the apparent confusion between Danny and Lindsay.

Who? Us? :angel: I don't know what you mean.

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:He is definitely her lobster!!

I tend to turn to chocolate first :lol: but I will have a drink with you all so make mine a vodka & diet coke:beer: unfortunately I am bit over the legal age :devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.