Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

:wtf: Southland Tales, to tell the truth the movie wasn't that bad, it was quite funny actually, but you have to watch it at least 3 times to get any sense out of it, it's like they go in circles and if you don't pay attention to Pilot Abilene (Justin Timberlake) in the beginning, you'll be completely lost and you can use me as an example :rolleyes: when I first watched it I was half asleep . . . Even when I was fully awake it gave me the biggest headache, when you keep trying to remember what he tells you in the beginning, this is one of those movies that there are just way too many characters to follow

+ Major Spoilers + I think I got this right:guffaw:Don't read if you plan on watching the movie :thumbsup:

Scientists tell Boxer (Dwayne Johnson) that once this perpetual motion machine was invented it affected the entire acceleration of the planet to such a significant degree that certain anomalies began to show up. Anomalies such as a rift in the fourth dimension over the Nevada desert. At first the government sent a monkey through the rift to see what happened, and it died. Only a human subject could survive such a trip; a subject like Boxer Santaros. Apparently 69 minutes before Boxer was to go through the rift with his captor, someone hired by the head suit of Treer, a duplicate version of Boxer Santaros appeared, therefore his future self met his past self from 69 minutes from then. At that moment the car burst into flames as the self destruct switch was hit from within the car. His past self killed himself before he could meet his future self. Apparently this saves humanity because if two of the same souls exist together at the same moment in time, existence will end.

:wtf: Confused, well this will confuse ya even more :rolleyes:

Roland (Seann William Scott) went through the rift as well and that Ronald (Seann William Scott) is not his brother, but rather the future Roland and they are the same person/soul and that if they meet each other, the world will end. Roland's past and future get closer and closer to meeting until they finally meet and touch hands, in Walter Mung’s truck and thereby igniting a “sonic boom that echoes throughout the universe as the fourth dimension collapses…extinguishing all existence.

And the thing that confused me the most
    before they shake hands it's revealed that the 'future' Roland' or Ronald what ever you want to call him is actually Pilot Abiline (Justin Timberlake), Roland's best friend who he accidently shot in the face from Friendly Fire in the war in Iraq, the last words in the film are 'Friendly Fire,' said by Roland and it's followed with 'I forgive you,' said by Ronald/Pilot Abiline
    :scream: Richard should be sponsored by Tylenol, because I've never taken so many after watching a movie :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  2. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

The last film I saw was The Jane Austen Book Club. I'm a big Austen fan, so it was pretty interesting how the movie showcased the author's work. It was funny in some parts but nothing really great. I like Emily Blunt but somehow she was just so irritating in this one.

3. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

The last film I saw was One missed Call. I am a big horror movie fan but this one wasn't the creepiest movie I've ever seen. Some scenes scared me though :rolleyes: But the whole time I had the feeling I somehow knew this film. The whole storyline kind of reminded me of The Ring. If you don't only like horror movies where you sit with your eyes shut thoughout the whole film or have to hide under the seat you might enjoy it.

4. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

I read the summary on IMDB. You know, remakes are never good. Well I'm not even fond of Japanese horror (except for the remake of Ringu, that was actually cool).

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, it was the one billionth time:guffaw:What can I say? I prefer the books. I don't like the fact that they leave a lot of things out of the movie.

5. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Horton Hears a Who

Seriously I thought it was going to be more like Suessical, the musical based on a lot of Suess's book.

Though without the singing anf dacning it was great, cute, nicely voced G rated movie. :lol: Though I was suprised Jesse McCartney was the voice of Jojo, since it sounded nothing like him. Jim Carrey did amazing and I definetly thought he did well.

The only thing that made me mad was in the trailers there was a fair song we all know, Who Are You? by the Who and it didn't even show up in the movie. :scream: Now that is one thing that would have fit in well with all the Whos down in Whoville. :lol:

6. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Be Kind, Rewind.

Meh. It was okay I guess. It was kind of stupid to a point though. I don't know, when it was over I was like 'that's it?' Nothing logical really ever happened, it was somewhat cute, but still..

Also, (since it was in the same week)

Horton Hears a Who !

I loved that movie. It was so cute, I kept smiling. Apparently it was a book before, I don't know, never read it, but I thought it was really cute. Even though I felt stupid sitting with a bunch of 7 year olds and me and my boyfriend being the only adults wihtout kids. But I would so recommend it, it was adorable !

7. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Infinite Justice.

It's about a Jewish reporter from New York called Arnold Silverman (played by Kevin Collins)whose sister dies on 9/11. In trying to understand why 9/11 happened, he goes to Karachi - to interview a terrorist group and gets taken prisoner by the terrorists who demand the release of one of their leaders. The film is also about a young Muslim extremist called Kamal Khan (played by Raza Jaffrey) who helps the reporter out, and we get to find out why he became an extremist. I enjoyed it, but there are two scenes which really quite disturbed me.
    One was showing the plane going into the South Tower from the POV of the terrorist in the cockpit, and the other was the reporter being beheaded at the end. He was already dead, but still it was disturbing.
    It was very good though in that it showed terrorists as evil, but it did make it easier to understand why a young person might become an extremist, what would drive them to it and why they would find extremist forms of religion attractive. There are scenes with Kamal and Arnold talking in the Arnold's cell while playing chess that are very good.

8. CSISneaky

CSISneaky Police Officer

DOA: Dead or Alive

It's based on the PS game DOA. It's about this fighting club that all the top fighters in their category go to, to find out who's the best. To be honest the story was a bit.....lacking really, it wasn't that interesting. But all the girl fighting and volleyball was nice :thumbsup: :lol:

9. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

Latter Days

and I just love it. I cant stop thinking of it. it head everything. the cast, the story, the humor, the ending, the music. it was just beautiful

10. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

I finally got around to watching Transformers (Robots in disguise :lol:)

It was pretty good, they effects were amazing. I was annoyed that Megatron was way to strong for Prime (I watched the cartoon a lot when I was a wee whippersnapper) but overall I enjoyed it.

Black Beauty-Seen it soooo many times it hurts and I still cry....loved it. A true classic

Run Fatboy Run-Fun, Predictable and Humorous. Worth seeing. If you like Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the dead you'd like, Simon Peg is soooo funny!

11. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

The last film I saw was Juno. I was somewhat disappointed because if a teenage girl got pregnant, the parents wouldn't be that supportive. It was a light movie, but a tad unrealistic.

Thank You For Smoking was nice to watch, easy and light, although the message it tried to send it was a pretty important one. This one was a bit on the unrealistic side too. I had my share of PR work, and I'm telling you such man cannot exist. How can you convince a doctor that lung cancer cannot be induced by smoking. I recommend it to you. It's pretty nice if you ignore some details.

12. allmaple

allmaple Judge

the last movie i saw was thirteen ghosts (also called thir13een ghosts i think) on tv this weekend. and its a good thing im in canada, so nothing was edited :lol:

i saw this in theaters when it first came out, but havent seen it since. it is a pretty good scary movie, especially since good ones seem to be few and far between these days. the ghosts are really creepy looking, and that combined with the fact that they are always popping out at you make for a few good scares.

i like how its not a gross out movie, they dont rely too much on blood and gore but instead the suspense and ghost make up to achieve scares. i remember the first time i saw this movie a few of the ghosts i couldnt watch because they freaked me out, but by the end you get used to them. the makeup is done very well and represents their particular personality/death.

although i do like when the lawyer gets cut in half by the closing doors and the front half of his body slides down. pretty cool

not the greatest group of actors but if you like scary movies its worth a watch and hopefully you might get a few scares out of it. i recommend it

13. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I also watched that movie last week, it was on the Sci Fi channel. I saw it at the cinema when it came out and enjoyed it. I only got the last 40 minutes of it. It's a good film as far as horror movies go, quite an unusual plot line. My mum came into the room at one point and said "that's a bit full on for an episode of Monk". :lol:

Mission Impossible 3

For some reason I've been going through a Tom Cruise movie phase at the moment. Surprisingly enough I haven't seen many of them. Anyway, I really enjoyed this one. I thought Philip Seymour Hoffman was awesome. I've not seen him in a role like that before and I was so impressed. Overall, great film. :)

14. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i just saw "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" yesterday. it was hysterical. everyone was soo great in the movie. Kristen Bell was really great definately different from Veronica Mars haha. i'm scared for life with some of the things that went on in the movie lol. Kenneth the Page from 30 Rock is in the movie.... hilarious!!!

my brother and i met KB at Big Apple Con in NYC in November and he asked her about the movie. we had a good time watching it after having had met her.

15. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

The last film I saw was Street Kings. It stars Keanu Reeves, Forrest Whitaker, Hugh Laurie, Chris Evans, Jay Mohr and John Corbett, just to name a few. Keanu Reeves's character was so full of angst as a rogue LAPD detective hunting down some cop-killers. It was really great all around but if you don't want to get depressed don't see this movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.