CSI:NY Season 4 - U.K

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by nattybatty55, Dec 21, 2007.

1. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

Just letting you guys know that the CSI:NY magazine is in stores now!
    I got mine from Borders and it has AJ Buckley, Carmine and lots more. It's fabulous.

2. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I got mine today to :D...I'm going to scan a few pages for those who can't get it in a few days :D

3. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Ah man... i went to town yesterday into big WHsmiths and couldnt find it i found everything else but CSI.

Tho might try again next week.

I'm intrieged at the moment to see if we will get the new episodes straight away.

4. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Well we got the new Vegas eps very quickly - they start again next week, only 3 weeks after the last new ep showed. I really hope we get the new NY eps that quickly.

5. aconnell

aconnell Dead on Arrival

I'm assuming that the new NY episodes will continue, as the post-WGA episode aired in the States this week. So, no repeats. It's only one more week left of the episodes made before the strike, so there will be two more episodes to show after that. These are the two episodes just made.

I might get a subscription out for the CSI Magazine - I can only buy it in one place near to where I live. It would probably work out cheaper.

6. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

the new Vegas episodes air next week so by the looks we will not have a break and just get the new episodes.

So think we may actually do better than US in fact we don't have the break between the episodes.

7. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

CSI: New York (Drama)
    Time - 21:20 - 22:20 (1 hour long)
    When - Saturday 5th
    In The Family. Series 4, episode 13.

New York-based spin-off of the crime drama series. The CSIs struggle to solve the seemingly random shooting of a woman in the street. The investigation leads to the discovery of a second body - a family-court judge who has been beaten to death in his home.

Starring: Gary Sinise, Melina Kanakaredes, Carmine Giovinazzo, Hill Harper, Eddie Cahill, Anna Belknap
    (Subtitles, 2008)

8. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

So I FINALLY got around to re-watching Child's Play.

-Poor, poor Danny. I felt so sad for him throughout the entire ep. I had tears in my eyes in that scene when he goes and tells Rikki what happened, I just felt so sad for them both. Rikki sends her son out with the sweet cop down the hall, probably thinking he was totally safe, and he dies. Danny feels responsible for Ruben's death. As to whether he IS responsible...I don't know. Ruben's death occured as a result of a series of unforseen events and one woman's unthinking actions (firing into a crowded street). In a legal sense, Lucy is to blame, and Ollie too IMO because he robbed the store and started the whole thing. So in that sense, of course Danny isn't responsible. But he says to Mac that he wishes he'd taken Ruben home. Maybe if he had, he could have gotten Ruben to a hospital when he collapsed, but even if he had, there's no gurantee Ruben would have lived. He could certainly STILL have died on the way there, or on the op table, couldn't he? Danny DOES seem to blame himself, though, and I can see why he would. I personally think he shouldn't. poor baby, but he does. I'm really interested to see how this will affect how Danny works cases. He's always gone on instincts, and it was his instincts that told him to get Ruben out of the crime scene area ASAP. So how will Danny react the next time his instincts tell him to do something? He's learnt the lesson that you can't always trust your instincts in a very sudden, and very hard way. I really hope TPTB develop that.

-I liked Mac's reaction to Danny and what happened to Ruben. Mac does struggle with showing emotion, but I think in his own way, he tried to offer comfort to Danny. Like many people who have friends/colleagues who suffer a sudden loss, I think Mac didn't really know what to say. He tried his best to comfort Danny by telling him he did 'the right thing'. That may not be true, I certainly don't think Danny thought so, but it was sweet of Mac to try. What he said to Danny in that scene maybe wasn't the best, or even the right thing to say, but how many people know the exactly right thing to say to a friend who lost someone? How many people offer condolences like 'Maybe it was their time' or 'They're in a better place' or 'It wasn't your fault' to a friend in Danny's position, genuinely trying to help them,and just not? I think that's a problem that many, many people have. It's a flaw of humanity. No doubt Mac received such condolences after 9/11. After that scene, Mac continues to try, in his own way, to help and support Danny - he works on the case and does find who's responisible, and I think he did that for Danny, he was trying to give him answers to Ruben's death, though doubtless Danny will never get any real closure over that. And he let Danny be there while he and Sheldon were talking bullet trajectories, even though Danny probably shouldn't have been there as he knew the vic. Mac broke protocol because he probably understood that Danny needed to work to take his mind off of what happened. I think Mac must know all too well what it's like to not want to go home, because someone you care about it gone.

-I actually didn't mnd Lindsay in that scene where she told Mac she didn't know how to comfort Danny. I didn't see it as her being all 'Me, me, me', just as her being genuinely confused as to how to help someone she cares about. Maybe Mac wasn't the best person to talk to (I would have said Stella for something like that) but Mac was there, and she trusts him, so I can see why she asked him. I also think Mac's advice wasn't bad. When he told Lindsay just to tell Danny she wasn't good at that sort of thing, I think what he was really trying to say was that she should just be there for him, even if it was hard for her, just to listen to him vent or whatever. What annoys and confuses me, though, is that Lindsay never went to Danny, and in the next scene, she's laughing and joking with Flack. Even Mac, who as I said above, was in pretty much the same position as Lindsay in that he wasn't sure how to be there for Danny, at least TRIED to do so (see above point). Why is it that Danny's boss makes more of an effort to comfort him than his alleged girlfriend does? If the writers wanted to push D/L, or make Lindsay likeable, why wasn't there a scene with Lindsay even TRYING to be there for Danny? It wouldn't even have mattered if it didn't work, or if he told her to get lost, seeing her TRY would have been nice.:confused::rolleyes:

-Flack was great! In an ep that was really very serious and depressing in it's content (the deaths of two innocent children) he offered a great light/comic touch. He made me smile in every scene he was in, and honestly, it wasn't just 'cause he was looking hot as ever.:devil: I loved the scene with the guy from the club when he held up those handcuffs (*pauses while wicked Flack-related thoughts to do with fun with handcuffs run through mind:devil:) and did the twirly 'turn around' gesture with his hands. Loved his scene with Lindsay talking about his obsession with comics and Laughing Larry stuff as a kid, and his disappointment when it always turned out to be crap. I think many people had experiences like that as kids. Loved the way he was a bit pissy with Laughing Larry, most of all his snarky lines - 'I'm going to shtick you in jail' and the look on his face when Larry squirted water on his tie.:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
    But BAD BAD Larry for saying the guy who gave him the cigar was better looking than Flack!

I liked the scene where Mac took Lucy to see Ruben's body, and made her face up to the consequences of her irresponsible actions. While I do blame Lucy for what happened to Ruben, I felt a bit sorry for her in that scene, she's gonna feel guilty about that for the rest of her life.

I felt sad for Benjamin and Larry. I can understand why Benjamin would blame Larry for his childhood friend's death. But though Larry shouldn't sell crap like that submarine, he seemed genuienly sad and shocked that his toy had caused the death of an innocent young girl.

Sid and the itching powder was funny!:guffaw:

Adam!!!! Loved his scene with Sid.

The eyeball tattoing thing was gross!

9. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

Just a quick thought - I know a few of you have been calling for a return of the kind of story we had at the beginning, rather than the "it's always someone rich, and it's only ever Manhattan" style we've started to see. Sadly, I don't think this is going to happen, based on the interview Anthony Zuiker gave in the latest issue of the magazine - apparently the show was struggling at the start, and the ratings came with "upscale New York stories". Yeah, I'm gutted too.

10. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^^I thought the exact same thing when reading it :(

11. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I thought that too. It's a shame.:( I'm getting tired of the upscale NY stories now. Mind you, there have been some good eps in the last twoseasons - for example the Shane Casey storyline, AHTYMA, Second Life, Child's Play etc. If a story is character focused, or there's a good killer in it, then it's good. But the show has kind of lost that real NY feel it had in the first and second seasons.
    Thank God for boxsets!

12. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I checked in the radio times today and we are definately going straight into the new episodes. 'playing with matches' is on this saturday and the 'DOA for a day' is on the staurday after, so no break, YAY!!!!

13. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

YAY!!!:bolian::bolian::bolian: That's great news.:) Thanks for checking that, Poppet! I can't believe how close we are to the US now - only 3 episodes behind!:cool: I love Channel 5. I won't be going out for a few Saturdays to come though. :pAnd if I do have to go out, my PVR will be all set. But my friends usually know better than to try to drag me away from my TV on a Sat night!:lol:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  14. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

Playing With Matches:
    - While I'm certainly not complaining about Mac being in more scenes, it felt to me like he was only at that first crime scene in the teaser so he could make the Apollo 13 reference for this week's One Liner.
    - Sid, as ever, ROCKED in this episode. I liked how he was convinced the vic fell from outer space :"That's my story, and I'm sticking to it". Plus his Hannibal reference.
    - Has New York only just discovered the joys of automatic public toilets? Even Manchester has had them for at least 10 years!
    - The street luge, and especially the comment about street racing being illegal, made me think of the LV episode Revenge Is Best Served Cold. Interesting to see Carmine's character on the other side of the investigation this time.
    - We get another demonstration of NYPD Sign Language this week, too, after Flack's "cuffs and turn around', this time it's Danny tapping the badge on the glass.
    - Stella must have seen The Shawshank Redemption. The first law of searching prison cells: Always Check The Bible. It's shocking to think that if that woman hadn't been killed, there's a chance the murderer would have gone free at appeal. It was good to see them point out that DNA evidence isn't 100% flawless, though.
    - Flack's line aout "Law-abiding single men" had me laughing too.
    - Kick-ass Angell! I loved seeing her trip the suspect by knocking the bin over.
    - How long has it been since the last time we had a good old accident on NY? The luge guy did have me thinking of Crapsicle Man in reverse, though :guffaw:.
    - The greed shown by the man who sabotaged the toilet. I wanted to reach into the TV and strangle him - he didn't seem to care that he'd killed someone in an attempt to get one over on his rival! Thankfuly Mac took him down a peg or two though: "Want to talk about fair? Talk to her family".

15. weeza82

weeza82 Victim

Hey folks, can you squeeze in another little'un? Looking forward to DOA for a Day this Sat night!! It looks like the next few episodes are good and I hope so after a few duff ones, like Playing with Matches. It wasn't a bad episode, but I thought it really showed that this was completed as the writers were beginning to strike.

Can I just say....More Hawkes, Adam & Sid. They rock!!!!