Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Moriel21, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

*Liffy pops into the thread this fine morning with a big bucket of melted ice cream and splooshes it on kissmesweet for being gone for OH-SO-LONG!!*Cordy!! It's great to see you back here darlin' :)

And to everyone else, a Happy HUMP Day! (and that's the gropin' and grindin' kind mind you! ;))

That's because no matter how much one of the screws up, they'll always find a way out of it - because they're just too darn perfect and cute together! :D *goes back to daydreaming about Messer babies....*

She needs to know - and he needs to be the one to tell her, no one else. Otherwise, Danny is going to have little to no chance of regaining her trust. I guess it's a difficult situation for Danny, and who can blame him other than himself for putting everyone in their current positions. He's about to lose Lindsay, but to get her back, he has to tell about Rikki and that is bound to catapult her away. Danny's going to have to face the music of either starting over with a clean slate with Lindsay - or move on with a handful of lies.

That's the only thing I'm afraid of right now, that either Lindsay doesn't know, or she finds out from someone else (i.e Rikki). That's going to hurt even more so than if Danny told her himself.

Yup - today's the day we find out what's going to happen - and I really hope that we see something. If it's unhappy DL - then that's good (I can't believe I'm saying this) because if Linds doesn't want to speak or even see Danny, that means he's told her (or maybe we get to hear him tell her? I would LOVE to see Lindsay's reaction). :)

I really, really, really hope that Danny tells Lindsay tonight. But then, it could be in 418 - but that's in 2 weeks time and I'm going to be bald by then. :lol:

Yay! Congratulations to you! ;)

I'm afraid, I think that's what we're going to get - and frankly, that's what I am hoping we get. I can't see Danny and Linds acting like last week never happened. She told him she's fallen in love with him, she needs to get a reaction from him (don't know what that is yet) and Danny slept with Rikki, HE needs to tell her if he wants to continue having her in his life. Whatever happens, I'm excited about tonight - and I hope that we see them head to head again - because this situation needs to be resolved fast. The longer they take, the harder it becomes.

Given the spoilers for tonight's episode, we supposedly have a Danny&Lindsay moment, which ends with Lindsay walking away and leaving behind evidence - which is against protocol. Now, from what I know, Lindsay only breaks protocol when Danny's concerned, so I hope this means Danny tells Lindsay what happens and she just needs to get away from him.

The fact that Quinn (I think that's her name) sees this "moment" suggests Danny and Lindsay are together (in the same room) and therefore - we can assume some talking (or glaring and sheepish apologetic looks) which ends with Lindsay walking away - heartbroken :( or something similar...anything else doesn't really fit in my head right now - so that's what I'm going with.
    I agree with that. They're going to need to rebuild their friendship, but more so their trust before moving on to the romantic aspects of their relationship. I think, if the writers pull it off well, it's going to be a lot of fun to watch their initial awkwardness around each other for a moment before they slowly become more comfortable with each other, and soon enough they'll be back to where they were once before - only with that much more experience with "bumps" (or shall we say mountain climbing?) under their belts. :)

Exactly. If the writers are going for the "realistic" route - then anything else it too soon. They need to rebuild that trust first!!

But the presence of the basketball game is what's slightly confusing. If it really makes the cut (and I hope it does) I think that means they're going to fast forward until DL are at least comfortable enough with each other to go out together without that much hesitation on both parties. I guess it would make sense since this IS a crime show and DL can only ever have so much screen time. But as long as they stay true to that timeline, it's ok.

Does that give us an uber talk in 418 and they specifically tell each other they want their relationship to work? Eeee! I hope so!! :)

They were so happy when they woke up in each other's arms and I nearly died when he poked her nose. :lol: That was adorable - even for Danny. Mmm....I'm definitely a snugglewhore (here and in RL ;)). :lol:

Oh yes, Danny owes her a lunch (but doesn't Linds owe Danny dinner too?) How about we call it even and they just go out because the LOVE each other! :D Aww...DL feeding each other pancakes...and I can see Linds reading through the newspaper and Danny's sitting beside her, with one hand rubbing the small of her back and watching the news on TV :)

We all pretty much feel the same way when DL is concerned in this thread - so we know how everyone is generally feeling - so if feels good to be fluffy with fellow fluffy shippers, and angry with fellow angry shippers, and sad with fellow sad shippers. But DL is oh so addictive - and I don't think I could ever give up on them. :)

Well, actually the first thing HE needs to do is wake up and realise what a prat he's been to everyone around him :) Then he needs to tell Lindsay - everything and wait for her to let him back in - then they can restart their relationship. :)

I thought the "initial" Ruben storyline was very rich - we got to see Danny's more emotional side - and it carried through - unfortunately - into something not so nice. I just hope the writers doesn't cheapen the storyline. I didn't like it because - it's Danny - again - he needs a break from the drama!

Ditto - what is a V8 slap?
    The press release for 421 has not been released - so nobody knows at this point.

2. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Thanks for the spoilers, Gaelen! I've missed you too! *huggles!* I hope you're doing well! :D

For some reason, that sounds like the worst plot ever... and at the same time with the soap opera-like storyline TPTB are pulling on us here - it may happen like that!
    I can just cross my fingers and hope not! Lindsay will be even more hurt! :(

Oh, Danny! Wake up and realize your mistakes! Confess to Lindsay and apologize. Showever her with love and affection. Make her fall in love with you all over again. :D

And just to brighten up everyone's day... I've brought over some lovely photos!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  3. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

YAY! Happy pictures!

Gosh when people tell me that Danny and Lindsay have no chemistry and that Lindsay is a boring character I always ask them if they have seen SOOH or the undercover episode (name always escapes me on that one). It frustrates me to no end but I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions! :) Oh well heres to tonights episode!

4. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

*Runs in to wish everyone a Happy Hump Day and to give Cordy :D a big welcome bag hug*
    That suddenly made me so sad :(, remember how he was always asking her to have lunch or to grab something to eat and we were hoping along....and then finally she does ask him to have lunch with her and...well we all know how that ended...:(

Okay, sorry, happier thought now :)

That helped a lot...still one of the cutest D/L moments ever :)

I agree...to go from this mess to suddenly being friends and lovers again before this season's over is gonna be way too soon :rolleyes:...To at least make them both believable it would take some time to give Lindsay back her best friend and even more time to make them fall in love (again).

That's the weirdest thing, despite all the sorrow and the mess I am still so looking forward to what is yet to come...I cannot let go of that gut feeling that everything will work out...some day...:)

I feel that despite that fact that he lied to her about the reason why he couldn't have lunch with her, deep down Danny is not really a lying person...he is just to extravert and honest to truly live a lie...he will soon regret it once he told one and that means that this lie is probably hurting him just as much as it is her...
    And that may be another reason for Danny to tell her asap...he knows she's already hurt and he sure doesn't want her to be hurt even more...:(

I forgot that tonight was already the ep with 'the moment' in the lab...I hope it's just some awkwardness, because the actual talk that Danny wanted should imo take place in a more neutral environment, where they can actually sit and talk everything out without being disturbed....or perhaps they now deal with ALL their personal stuff in the lab

Yeah for happy pics and for a new ep tonight! :)

5. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Reading this thread is gonna make me fat! :lol: I come in from work, eat dinner then grab some ice cream - I blame you all - read through everything I've missed then put it back. It's the popcorn/cinema equivalent I guess :D *sighs & packs gym kit full of good intentions :rolleyes:*

Ok, back to the topic on hand here - the pictures!the first one just makes me wanna shout, 'hug her you fool!' the second - 'Well Hello, Miss Monroe' I watched that last night, could Danny have been anymore adorable *closes eyes when subway ho appears on screen* which ep is the third one? I know I've seen it, must be end of Season 3 or thereabouts right? Last one - awww. Roach Broach

Clearly all personal drama goes through the lab - remember when Danny got trapped in the panic room *takes a minute to :drool: over the thought of him in wife beater* and his (we assume) gf phones Mac? Danny's mobile was working at this point. And if you have an overactive imagination like me it would appear Linds looks a little jealous when she ends up speaking to Mac re:Trapped!Danny

More fluff? Erm.... Really anytime that they move past one another, sliding past very closely when there is ten feet of space behind them. Personal space anyone? What's mine is your's and all that jazz! :lol:

It's sooo meant to be! xx

6. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Haha, Linds can use that against him whenever she wants to now (after they get back together!) Hahahaha. When he complains about something, she can bring that up! :lol:

Of course by then, they'd both have moved on and will probably just laugh as Danny squirms. :p

Haha :lol: It's not our fault they can't see the love that is D/L :D We're just better that way :p
    I would say we might get them back to friends by the end of the season, and we can have lots of romantic little moments NEXT season! :D

Maybe that's why we're getting angst? :rolleyes: To make us all lose weight (I know I have! :p ) Hahaha.

I believe it's All Access :)

They've never been good with personal space. Think how sad Danny's going to be when Lindsay won't let him close anymore :( Aww...poor Danny.

7. cecilia

cecilia Dead on Arrival

Can I come out and play?

I've been lurking here since "that promo" aired. I've kinda got a unique take on everything, I guess. I've been a casual viewer of NY since the begining. I started watching because I really liked the original series, but I found myself watching NY much more frequently. Care to guess why? The thing is, I missed "Snow Day" and any subsequent re-runs. Soo ... when "that promo" aired I was over the moon! For about 30 minutes. Then I realized something wasn't right... I've since watched clips from SD several <many> times.

Last week I was so proud of Lindsay! I just hope she gets to stay strong through what ever comes. I don't know how I feel about Danny. To be honest, I've read most of the board over the past few days and I think I'd like him better if I hadn't; I tend to always side with the underdog. I do know that I want more D and L simply because their story hasn't been told yet. You guys are great!

8. Little_Peaches

Haha - yeah cause that'll stop him. Linds, I know I was an a** and you don't want to be near me for the first ten mins of this ep but really look, there's only three feet behind you. I need to crush you against this wall and not move for - you guessed it! Ten mins ;)

I know I live in my own little deluded world. Can totally see it happening though. :D

9. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

I am so fine with the lack of personal space since it doesn't seem to exist on television :lol:

What I really want to know is what are they doing in the lab before Lindsay walks away? Maybe it is acting out the crime but it gets a little to close to comfort? I dunno!

10. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Hi cecilia! :)

[​IMG]

Of course you can come out and play! We're never too many to have more people come aboard :)
    The promo that shall never again be mentioned? :D

Lindsay was definitely great last week (but as always, you'll find people pointing out the negative - but we dont care!), and I too hope that Lindsay will remain strong through whatever comes tonight, and in the future episodes. As for Danny, well he's a tough one right now. I'll always feel like what he did is in the wrong, but at the same time, there are ways for Lindsay to forgive him (and I hope she does). It's just going to take some time, and...

The basketball game makes me think TPTB are going to fastforward to that time where DL are somewhat comfortable with each other again, perhaps at the point where they have mended their friendship, and Danny has regained some of Lindsay's trust.

Of course, I could be wrong about that, but I'd rather not be contradicted by anyone other that those *ahem*darn*ahem* writers. :)

Aww, naw (reality) I don't think Lindsay's going to want to even be in the same room as him for any longer than she has to. I'd actually like to see Danny chasing after her, when she doesn't really want to talk to him, only to tell her what he's done. At least that much shows he cares about her feelings, and he does know he has to tell her. Either way, Danny isn't going to be putting his arms around his Montana anytime soon - and that, my dear fellow shippers, is a sad thought for Mr. Messer. :lol:

Well, one thing I'm thinking might happen is that we might not hear what happens between DL at all. It's possible that we're going to be concentrating on Quinn (the lab accreditor), and we might just see her looking through the glass window to see Danny and Lindsay, doing something (since now I'm pretty sure they're not making out) that leads to Lindsay leaving out evidence. But this is assuming Danny says something that upsets her.

What if Danny leaves and Lindsay chases after him? Who knows, maybe this is the angst in me talking again, because I can't see Danny getting upset over anything Lindsay would have to say because he's the one with the info that's going to break her heart. :(

Hmm...I'd much rather pretend this was all over -- and maybe daydream about a little DL holiday :) Think Danny would take Linds somewhere nice, and cosy...and secluded (so they can run around naked all day)? :lol:

11. Little_Peaches

Re: Meg - here's hoping as opposed to what we are worried about!

Cecilia - have some non snickerdoodle cookies & absolutely! Come aboard our ship - plenty of room! We totally understand the Danny! WTF feelings and we believe our Linds will stay strong, her comments to him on last week's ep kinda summed up that she wasn't gonna stick and take flack (not sexy man Don obviously) ;)

Don't worry - here in our little deluded bubble, love will out.

Liffy! So glad to see that pic again! And yeah, I know reality will for once appear on the ep but I'm totally zoning out on my little daydream :lol: xx

Slightly off topic here - so I finally got to see all of 4.16 as my comp stopped being moronic. As I've had enough angst to last a life time I decided to pay attention to the actual case (I know, who does that anymore?!) and wow I was even a little teary at the end. No this is not an edit re: fab acting from mental Bonnie/Stel and the magnificent Adam (TPTB take note A.J is beyond awesome!) or is even a comment on the fact Hawkes got to say more than two lines! Believe it or not (yeah I'm getting there! :lol:) it's in regards to.... continuity! yip - when they find the kids on the roof there are posters on the wall 'Weak Alibis' for all you that aren't quite as sad as me - Ep 2.14, I think - Stuck on You. A beautiful ep with DL working a case together and meeting up for their first drink. Aaawww. (Here's comes the delusional part) Is this a good omen perhaps? Am I reading too much into it? Well, it amused me anyways.
    I'm off to bed so when I get up I can read the partially dreaded threads. Had a peek at the stuff we wrote last week :guffaw: how p****d off were we? :D

Kisses xx

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  12. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

I am not going into detail....however, the "Jaws" quotes were awesome.:thumbsup:

13. ilovedanny2

ilovedanny2 Hit and Run

k
    Woot this is where I belong......far far far away from any icons of that scene i wish to not see again and people who think Rikki is Gods gift to the world.

I soooooo agree with you and they are saying that there will be a happy ending for us D&L fans......who knows maybe Lindsay gets hurt or injured or something happens to her that makes Danny run to her and they make up and he says a meaningful I love you and she forgives him and they are in love!!

All I can say is they better bring them back together and they better kill off Rikki.

WAIT YOU DON'T THINK THEY WOULD KILL RIKKI OFF BY HAVING HER GET KILLED BY THE TAXI CAB KILLER DO YOU?! My God.......Rikki gets into a taxi heading back to her apartment......boom......she becomes his next victim.....and this time when Danny realizes who it is.....he lets Lindsay comfort him and they fall in love.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2008
  14. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

OK guys, please keep in mind that anything discussed about tonight's episode still needs to be in a spoiler box until the episode has aired in the entire US. ALSO, anything that hasn't aired yet must be in a spoiler box for those who do not wish to know what will happen. There are lots of lurkers to TalkCSI as well as members and you need to use the spoiler codes at all time.

Also, please DO NOT make your entire post in bold letters. I believe you have already been warned int he NY forums. Bold letters indicate shouting at others and it is very hard to read. Please do not use bold.

And, talking about killing a character is rather harsh and really isn't relevant to this thread. If you wish to complain about Danny/Rikki or just complain about Rikki in general, please take that to the NY Great Ship Debate thread since this thread should be mostly comprised of talk about Danny/Lindsay.

Thanks

15. Dims

Dims Hit and Run

yeap...indeed it is here you belong....this Rikki obsession was annoying me at the beginning but i just find it funny now (cause imho it is sth else that triggers this crazy love over Rikki and not the awesomness of her character or the earth shattering talent of the actress but i digress :rolleyes: )....oh well....besides i hope she wont stay around for long....;)

Anyhow.....can someone like answer me sth cause im a bit torn and confused...
    the next new ep isnt supposed to be like in a school when a murder happens etc....and this person said they were filming at their school and sth DL related?Like DL fighting over Rikki or sth? i remember sth like that but i cant find these spoilers for this ep anywhere....i think i remember in this ep is the Danny /Rikki starting fresh but shes not there in this ep...she is in the next one.So that confuses me a bit....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.