Project Gift: Show The Love

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE POST

Many people like to do projects for the stars of the LV show, such projects as Birthday presents, etc. Its been asked if this topic could have its own thread, as it has garnered some complaints as to possibly not enough people seeing it.

Some Advice: Before you think about beginning a project like this, contact the representative of the star to make sure that they will either talk to the star about it or they will themselves allow it, if they say "No" then you have no choice but to respect their wishes. If they give the "Okay" then make sure you know what they will and will not except. Make sure you are serious getting half way through and then quiting lets a lot of people down and just plain not a good thing to do. It is inappropriate to ask for donations of any kind and we will stop you're project on this site if we find that they are being asked for and may contact that representative and tell them as well. -- A lot of things can be done via email or what have you, including post cards from your country, or state, keep any and all notes to the start below the PG13 level you want them to appreciate the gift not hire a body guard.

All board rules apply as it does with any thread on this board, which include no double posting (you know the time frame) and No constant bumping up the thread please. If you have further questions regarding this thread you can ask or PM us and we will try to help you.

Here is how it will work In this thread:
    -You contact Myself or TallyHo let us know you want to do a project for one of the LV stars, let us know:
    Which star, The time frame, What the gift is for (ie birthday) How you plan to execute the project (ie via email, Pm's, IM's, Small Website for it, etc), include any links we may need on that (such as the small website), and anything else you would like to add to it. We will give you the okay on it within 24 hrs of the request.

-Pick another person to help out in case you can not get online due to computer problems and or illness. This person must be someone you can trust (as much as you can online), someone who is reliable, and make sure they are ready for the huge commitment it takes to do all this.

-As I mentioned above make a decision on how you want to proceed with the project, contact you through Email (if you don't want to use your own get a temp addy), Through Private Messages, Instant Messages, Creating a small but informational website on the project (which also allows the rep of the star to follow if they want).

-You want to do this start thinking a head of your beginning time frame, this way you contact the rep, you talk to us, and your not overwhelmed by it all (which is another good reason to have a second person to bounce idea's off of). Also keep your time frame short 2-3 weeks should be good from start to finish (ie ending project on board and allowing you time to get it put together).

- There will only be one project going at one time, I know some birthdays roll around in the same months, if this be the case then exceptions MIGHT be made, but we do not guarantee that.

-When the project is over at the top of the orginial post it will state it, this will keep confusion down.

MOST IMPORTANT:
    Disclaimer: "that the CSIFiles, TalkCSI, The Owner, Admins, & Moderators are not in anyway responsible for any project or members participation in it, We do not advise for or against it, and any information you give is at you're discretion. We do not encourage the giving of personal info (ie full name, address, phone) or money, etc."

We also reserve the right to make changes to this post/thread at anytime for any reason, so keep refreshed on it.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  2. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

THIS PROJECT HAS ENDED
    Okay, with the blessing from Super Mod I now present:

(Please try to read this all.. It's quite important)

The Jorja Fox Birthday Project

What it is:
    A scrapbook. FRONT and BACK. Consisting of all the fans birthday wishes to Jorja. There are a few photos that will be put in there (Top Ten Sara Sidle Moments, which you can find here if you want to vote.)

Anyone can participate
    Hopefully, being a Jorja fan - you will participate. I will not tolerate rude messages, or E-mails towards Jorja for this project.

Send your Birthday wish!
    Send them by PMing me, or E-mailing me at: csi.love@yahoo.com

You must, absolutely must put in the subject: "JF BDAY PROJECT" (Or something along those lines) So I don't automatically trash it, also if it ends up in the BULK mail, I don't read it any of them, and they get trashed.

I have spoke to Jorja's representatives who have assured me she will get the gift to Jorja in time for her birthday (July 7th)

The deadline is June 1st.

Which means just over 4 weeks left.

This is to accomodate shipping. It will take about two - three weeks to get there, and we do have to give time for her rep. to actually look at it.

Please don't type me up an essay on how much you love Jorja. Most people have sent in about 3 - 5 sentences, which is great. I've had to narrow down a few.

I will edit them for spelling, grammar, and all that good stuff.

Nothing you say will be changed.. They are your words! Nothing offensive please.

Do not ask for autographs.

Do not ask questions.

Do not give me your last name, street address, or phone number. This is primarily for your safety.

I reply to all birthday wishes. You will typically receive a reply from me within 24hrs. If you don't within 48, feel free to re-send.

Hmm... Okay, I think I've covered most of it. If you have any more questions, PM me, E-mail, or you could always post in here.

ETA: Duhh.. I forgot to list the "webpage" this is also on: http://www.ingenious-swirl.com/jorja (That would be the address you send those who are not apart of talk csi too :D)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2008
  3. melbel

melbel Pathologist

good idea

4. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Not to intentionally bump.

But I've just reached my goal of 30 birthday wishes!!

Keep them flowing! :)

5. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

It's a great project, gsrLOVE. Just sent in my birthday message.

6. animequeen23

animequeen23 Witness

what a great idea!!

7. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

A little over two weeks left. The submissions/birthday notes have slowed down a little bit.

If you haven't sent yours in, and are planning to; Hurry hurry hurry! :)

8. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Exactly 12 days left. This is the last time I'm bumping this thread :p

If I stop recieving birthday wishes within a week, I may just send it off then. I know there are still a couple of you out there who want to add one in, so please hurry. I've almost finished the scrapbook- and there's still a bit of room for more birthday wishes.

If you want to see Sara Sidle on CSI: this could be a wonderful way of encouragement on Jorja's part- to know there are tons of fans out there who adore her.

Anyway, come on guys' :)

9. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Ok, so as it was Jorja's birthday yesterday, I just wanted to ask if everything went well and if you have any information that she already received it...

I hope she likes it :)

10. puppypower76

puppypower76 Witness

First off, thanks to Destiny for allowing me to post about our project. Thought we'd give this thread a bump too as I forgot to post it in here last week.

At The WPAP we have started a project giving Billy fans a "one-off" opportunity to write to him through us at the site.

The project ran successfully for a week on our LJ and Yahoo Group and we then opened it up on our main site and the various message boards a week later.

We have written to Billy making him aware of the project and to be expecting a package from us.

The deadline for the project is October 31st and the completed package will be delivered to Billy during the run of a Dublin Carol.

We are offering out rare Billy treats to the first 25 letters we receive each week.

For full information on what we are doing and how you can be involved please click on the link below

The WPAP Fan Letter Project 2008

If anyone has any questions please feel free to email us at the main site.

11. Destiny

You are welcome and per what we always do when it comes to projects done...

Disclaimer: "that the CSIFiles, TalkCSI, The Owner, Admins, & Moderators are not in anyway responsible for any project or members participation in it, We do not advise for or against it, and any information you give is at you're discretion. We do not encourage the giving of personal info (ie full name, address, phone) or money, etc."

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's Destiny interesting !

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  13. Destiny

DW that with gsrLOVE was last year note the date stamp on the top left of her post "April 24 2007, 10:12 PM" I don't know if she has plans again but thought I would let you know.

ETA: I rectified the problem by posting that the project has ended.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's again Destiny I did re-read it and deleted it, OOOPS:alienblush: