Eric & Calleigh Thread #29: slkdjfhaslsjkdfhksajhkjhsdfomg!!!!!!!11 ♥!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Re: Eric & Calleigh Thread #29: slkdjfhaslsjkdfhksajhkjhsdfomg!!!!!!!1

Man it would really suck if they did strike. With Eric & Calleigh finally coming together...two strikes in one year...we'd be getting the screw big time, and without any lubricant.

2. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

This comment made me laugh so hard!

I think that they will get them together at the end of this season. Or at least, leave us with some cliffhanger that will be great for some fics.

3. EricDelko = Luv

EricDelko = Luv Victim

i really hope they get together! of course, if anything, they will leave us with a cliffhanger (which is better than nothing) so we will all be angst-ing until the next season.

i've watched the Eric Maneuver (awesome name btw) soooo many times! i even got my friend (who likes CSI: and not CSI: Miami) to watch when Eric kicked open the door *drools* and she said "ok, now that was sexy" and i was like "oh yeah!!"

4. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

^^^That's what my non-Miami friends have said too.

As far as ER is concerned (yes, I know this is off topic. I hereby give myself a warning) Those poor actors need a bit longer than a month...they've been doing the show for a loooooooooong time.

Jackie, I agree. Plus, look what happened in Hollywood with the last strike. It's not good for anyone (although, that's the whole point of a strike, eh?)

5. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

It is the whole point of a strike but c'mon they make a lot of money as it is....I could understand the writers b/c they got crap but some of the actors (ie Petterson and Sinise) get paid a ton for ONE ep. Enough already!

I got my cousin into Miami and immediately she saw something between E/C...she said "it is pretty obvious and that Eric always seems to turn into a pile of mush whenever Cal flashes a smile or is sweet to him. Now that is love."

Even my friends who aren't as into the show as I am are like, "dude they need to get together already"

What pisses me off is that the writers see it too and want but like to frickin toy with us all and take their sweet ass time with this!

I mean I say, get on with it already; the fans want it. Hell, Adam and Emily even want it!! So just give it to us already!!

6. Marija_Magdalena

I think the writers are not getting Calleigh and Eric together because they are not sure how will that affect the show. I mean, they don`t want CSIM to become Eric and Calleigh show. Till they get them together, they can develop this story line, but once they are together, it can become odd. I really want them to be a couple, but it would really suck if the writers split them apart to create some drama. I think that once Calleigh and Eric are together it should stay that way forever!

You know what would be cool? If they had Stetler investigating if they are in a relationship even before they actually become a couple. It would be great story line. Maybe Stetler could ask Eric if he is sleeping with Calleigh and he could go to her and ask her if she knows anything about that investigation. That would be a great EC moment, if you ask me.

7. EricDelko = Luv

EricDelko = Luv Victim

yeah, i can see why they won't get them together right away, but it still sucks that we get so close to them having something and then one of them just walks away or something! (or the episode ends and you're like Noooooooo!!!) i mean, if they get together now then that's it. secretly, we all love the angst of them almost getting together but them not actually being together. especially when we can all pick out the scene where they are together for 2 seconds and then come on here and say "they totally had a moment!!!" we HipHuggers just rock like that :D
    i'm sure the writers are going to add tons more drama and angst and suspense and obstacles before they actually get them together...and we will love every minute of it. unless one of them dies and we have to hunt down the writers and demand they bring him/her back from the dead....

8. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Oh I can totally see why they don't get them together but this "will they/won't they" crap is starting to get a little old now....I mean he practically admitted how he felt about her in "All In" and from the spoilers that I have read, nothing seems to have come of it. The writers push the evnvelope, get them to the brink of something big and then seem to pull back. The more I watch and read, the less likely I think it is that they will get together by the end of the season :( And who knows if the writers will ever get them together??? They could just be doing to this to placate us. Ya know they are giving the fans just enough of what they want to keep them happy and watching. It is like an addiction...when you get a little, you always want more and the writers seem to be doing that with this ship; feeding our addiction. ;)

At the same time I wouldn't want them to get them together only to broken up a few eps later, simply for drama (cuz that seems to be the only reason most shows get the characters together nowadays :rolleyes:) If they are going to do this, they need to go all the way with it....and go a lot further than they did with D/L. The difference between E/C and D/L is E/C are already more than likely in love with each other...they just can't really admit it to eachother out of fear of ruining their friendship. Whereas D/L, had crushes on eachother and dated and THEN realized, or at least Lindsay did, that their feelings ran deeper. E/C is the complete opposite. They know their feelings are way beyond a crush but b/c it runs sooo deep it scares them.

I can understand the writers are afraid of having two characters seemingly defined by a relationship but if done right, it wouldn't happen. The fact that they are able to go a few eps here and there w/o mentioning or having anything happen between them should tell them that a relationship wouldn't define the show or the two characters. They just need to get over their fear and take the plunge....wow, there is such a correalation between the writers and E/C! ;)

9. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I agree, I would hate for them to get together, and then have it fall the way of GSR and D/L...that would really suck.

You know, I've had this little scene playing out in my mind for a little while...Eric and Calleigh are out after work, going to dinner or something, completely away from the lab. They're walking hand in hand, or one kisses the other (light kiss, no intense PDA in public) and are seen by Horatio...who just happens to be in the same area having a heated discussion with Stetler over something. Stetler's back is to them, so he doesn't see what Horatio sees...and then Horatio steers Stetler away so that he won't turn around and see them. I can see Horatio knowing about it, but helping to keep it off Stetler's radar.

I agree...and believe it would work because this is a crime drama, not a relationship drama. The writers would have to see to it that the E/C relationship didn't overtake the show, but be there in the background. Small snippets of their happiness being together :), a disagreement or two, but nothing out of hand, or an occasional episode in which their relationship gets in the way but they come out the better for it. And yeah...the writers AND Eric & Calleigh need to get over their fear and take the plunge!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  10. brookeAp3

brookeAp3 Rookie

There can't be a strike. It's just stupid. As you said they already make enough money. It was understandable with the writers, but there is no reason for the actors to go on strike. :wtf:

As for Calleigh and Eric I don't think there is any reason that their characters should become defined by their relationship when they get together if they writers do it right. They have shown that they can care and be concerned for one another and not let it interfere professionally. All In is a perfect example of that!! Can you imagine how terrified Eric must have felt not knowing where Calleigh was or what was happening to her but he had a job to do and knew that he had to do it in order to get her back. And he didn't do anything that compromised anything professionally because he was scared personally! These are two people who are mature enough to handle the boundaries between a personal and professional relationship.

11. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

Yeah. I think that's what upsets me more than anything. They're already making more than the entire population of some countries, but it's always about having more. And what do they do with it? Bigger houses, newer cars...there's something to be said for charity and "simple" living (granted, I am American and all that implies, so American simple living is quite different...but that's a whole different topic)

No, it's the Horatio show. Heaven forbid other characters have important story lines.

oooh, Jennifer, I think I see a fic in your future! You should write it :D

Oh honey! it's not going to end up like that because if it does, someone is going down.

As far as the whole on/off thing...it wasn't good when 'Friends' did it, and I really don't think it's going to work now. It's only going to piss a whole bunch of people off.

12. Re: Eric & Calleigh Thread #29: slkdjfhaslsjkdfhksajhkjhsdfomg!!!!!!!1

OMG another strike! I can't believe this. It's just so stupid...stupid, stupid, stupid, and stupid. Yeah, I get it, you are a freaking big-hotshot actor, but why do you need more money? THERE ARE STARVING FAMILIES IN THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES AND YOU'RE ASKING FOR MORE MONEY!

Come on, if anything, those people should go on strike for not being fed. Not actors going on strike because they need another personal chauffeur.

I really hope there's no strike. E/C needs to happen and pronto!

xoxo

13. Marija_Magdalena

There`s no Jake in the next to episodes... Is that good or bad? I think that they will definitely have to resolve the Jake-Calleigh relationship without him being there.

Maybe I didn`t have to use spoiler box for this one, but I just wanted to see if I got the making of it right.

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Where is everybody??? :confused: Our thread is all the way down the list :(

Anyway, even if we don't get a new episode tonight at least the nanny is on and that's a pretty cool EC eppy :)

15. shopping_luva91

shopping_luva91 Police Officer

hey everyone! sorry I've been away so long *hits self*. How are we going over there? I've been forced to watch ambush and all in on youtube because of how dumb australian tv is being atm. the last ep they showed us was born to kill. I haven't seen a new ep in almost 3 months! anyway i was like squeeeeeeeeeeeee at the end of all in. :p words cannot describe how happy I was. but what's this i hear about another strike? xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.