Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Moriel21, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Yeah, that's what I meant :cool:...they noticed how unclear everything already was and decided to play with their feelings some more; give us some more unanswered questions and again leave everyone hanging...and thus not only hurtin' them, but us too...And that's what I am really pissed about...:brickwall:

^ So, I think I sleep on it too...

2. JenP

JenP Police Officer

Okay, first of all - like Liff said - I won't be watching this... Not for now, that is :guffaw:

I really can't believe what a stupid 'mistake' Danny made, although at this point I can't say if that Rikki-person is special....I haven't seen her yet.

What I don't understand is what's going on in Danny''s mind. I mean, he left Lindsay a flower after their pooltable-interaction AND a note that shows us he knows her pretty well. Who does that when you only have 'sex' on your mind? You won't be bothered, would you?

So, with that in mind, the explanation I read in the review (Danny thinking his night with Lindsay was just sex) doesn't make any sense. And that means that he's a :brickwall: He did cheat on Lindsay! I didn't think he had it in him... :(

But I can also understand where Dutch is coming from. Lindsay must have said something about her feelings sooner, then maybe Danny wouldn't have acted the way he did...

There has been said that their relationship would 'deepen' (although I think Danny only 'deepened' something else :brickwall: ), but that there would also be a bump down the road. Well, this can be considered a major bump, but the deepening is something we still haven't seen. So I'm confident that it'll happen. Why would they let the viewers see Danny and Rikki having sex if there isn't a storyline behind it? Just to show us it's over between Danny and Lindsay? Nah, they could have done that with a letter, just like Peyton did with Mac. This is part of a biger story, so I'm sure we will get our CANON back! :thumbsup:

So, it's back to bed for me... just a few more weeks before I get my baby... And instead of making everything ready for a baby, I'm shipping... :wtf:

3. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Don't know if it'll help you all in your time of need (god we're a depressed bunch) *whips out the black 'I'm mourning' arm band* but if you want some relief and ass kicking girls - search 'CSI LV Thumpy G' and enjoy, Catherine - you rock! Sorry that's on YT by the way :lol: airhead that I am.

Jen, please continue shipping, you boost spirits more than pink fog! I like spoiler box content. :D

Let us all know what you have and remember even though you need to prepare, you need some 'me' time just now so ship to your heart's content! Few weeks and it'll just be a distant memory. :lol: Oh, unless you and baby can bond over late late nights & early, early mornings in shipper central! Let's hear it for baby shipper!! xxx

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  4. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Let us see how the rest of the season pans out before we make any more judgments. But, I wouldn't call this a bump, more like a pothole the size of Montana! oy vay...

5. Redhead_Rachel

Redhead_Rachel Dead on Arrival

Before I start, please bear in mind that I live in the UK and have not seen the ep yet, so I’m making a couple of observations based on what I have heard/read on here (doubtless I will be more in depth when the episode eventually airs here, but I don’t know if we’re having a long break between season 4.0 and 4.5 (S4 restarted).
    But I’ve gotton the general jist of what’s happened and I felt like I needed to talk somewhere…

I am completely in shock. Angry, hurt and upset.
    What has annoyed me more is not only the destruction of my ship, but I now have no respect left for the character of Danny Messer. Though I still feel desperately sorry for the guy.
    Why did it have to be like this? If they wanted to end the D/L relationship, fair enough (I wouldn’t have been/am not happy, but…) but could they frankly have not done it in a more respectful and dignified manner instead of wrecking the character of Danny and the new character of Rikki.
    Whether or not people think that Danny “technically” cheated or not (I know that there has been some discrepancy over this, given the distant state of the D/L relationship post “Child’s Play”) he still should have been man enough to say to Lindsay that he didn’t consider it a serious relationship (which I don’t buy- flying to Montana, anyone? Oh wait- nearly the whole of Season 2 and 3!!)
    Even if it turns out that they became best-friends-with-benefits, it’s still a scummy thing to do to someone who is your friend and you are supposed to care about. And at the very least I believe he cheated her by giving her the impression that they were in a relationship, and I personally can’t imagine Lindsay agreeing to be anyone’s no-strings bed-buddy.
    Other people in other parts of the boards have voiced the opinion that Lindsay should have realised Danny was “going off her”. While I don’t agree, I respect that opinion, but I would also like to throw in that perhaps Danny should have realised that perhaps she was more serious that he apparently was and told her. While she was never addressed as his girlfriend, he also never said she wasn’t (sorry, bad grammar)

Also, I think that Lindsay’s reaction to him forgetting her birthday has been blown out of proportion and been accused as being selfishness, I think that she was trying to get some sort of normality back between them (given that things felt like they were getting back on track during “Playing with matches” {the racing one}) She didn’t have a go at him, it just seemed like she was teasing him about it, because there was still that smile in her voice. The look at the end as he went out the room was one of worry and concern at Danny’s complete lack of enthusiasm for the job he generally loved.

I know that there have been various comparisons between Danny’s behaviour this season to Lindsay’s handling of the mutual attraction in Season 3, but while, yes she stood him up on a dinner date which wasn’t a smart way of handling things, she at least told him straight up in LRC that she wasn’t ready for a relationship with him yet. And, to be fair they weren’t actually in some sort of semi-confirmed relationship at that point.
    In “Commuted Sentences” (and the eps before it) they just seemed so happy and …Together.

I also can’t believe that he hasn’t told her yet that he slept with Rikki. IMO, that is cowardly, and before this a coward would have been the last adjective I would have used to describe Danny Messer. Brave, reckless, Loyal… but never a coward.
    If Danny wanted to end it, he should have said that he couldn’t deal with a relationship right now.

From the sounds of it, Lindsay’s speech was very honest and dignified. I’m just glad that TPTB didn’t turn her into a sobbing, desperate wreck when she was talking to Danny. Our Linds is strong- with or without Danny.

Though I do still feel for Danny- he’s obviously completely ridden with guilt and grief over the death of Ruben.
    I only hope that Danny comes to his senses soon and realises that a “relationship” with the grieving mother of the child he blames himself for the death of that is built on guilt, grief and “just sex” is not healthy compared with a relationship with someone who loves you and considers you her best friend as well as her boyfriend.
    Though, if the “look on his face” was the same one as in the promo for 4.16, I think maybe Danny does perhaps have an inkling of what he could lose, even if he doesn’t want to face it at the moment.

Sorry for the rambling and probable contridictions- I realise that I am preaching to the converted (so to speak) here, but I’m quite mixed up and confused about it all and needed somewhere too vent- hope y’all don’t mind. Please don’t get mad at me

Though there are, what 5 more eps this season? There’s still a shred of optimism left in me.

I just don’t know anymore. This has all rather thrown me.
    I’m also annoyed with the what now feels like B-S that TPTB fed us at the start of the season about Danny and Lindsay forming the perfect heart in the promo pic etc,etc.
    I feel cheated after S2 and S3 and the first half of this season (pre-writers strike).
    And while the Lindsay’s reactions in S3 kinda irked me (though in retrospect, maybe she was right to be hesitant?) Yes, she has her faults, but she’s genuinely sweet and I’m Team Lindsay all the way on this one.

I’m with Dutch on staying optimistic (though I’m not sure what I want to happen- told ya I’m all topsy-turvey!)

Sorry, this post became longer than I intended. Sorry guys x
    BTW, I’m also quite interested in Flack’s reaction to this…

I realise that everyone has different opinions about this. This is simply mine.

6. Little_Peaches

Well, that's one way to put it. :lol: sack this, the pink fog is out again!

*sprays liberally!*

We're all heartbroken, and non too amused to say the least but if we're all still visiting here it says we still have hope and why not? Stranger things have happened - this is NY after all. The did a ratuopsy to find a bullet in Season 1 for the love of Pete! An undertaker stripping corpses and selling on the clothes? Pfft!

How bout some cookies for the crew resurfacing the road? ;)

Rach, I thought we were gonna run straight but confused myself. This Sat's episode is from pre writers' strike, Playing with Matches. If it makes you feel better I'm as confused as you.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  7. cariad

cariad Civilian

Oh! How I do agree with you, I haven't watched this episode yet, only LIndsay's confession and it just broke my heart, at the end it seems she is just going to cry, but at the same time she is so brave that I just can admire it for dealing so well with the situation.
    The link to watch the video is http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=hSyzjQWZvBM

8. shacky20

shacky20 Captain

Hello everyone, it's been a long long long time since I've been over here, but D/L was my first and only het ship on CSI, I only ship two, N/G and D/L, but I've always loved Danny, since the beginning, and between season 2 with Linds, and the sweet and soft side we saw of him, the caring and concern with the Tanglewood shows, his empathy and concern, over Lindsey in season 3, when she needed time, and care he showed her, and when he went to Montana to be with her, that was the Danny I've loved, hard on the outside, the tough Brooklyn accent, but that soft inside, the concern and waiting for her, waited all that time, you could tell he loved her, I mean loved her, and eventhough we haven't seen much this season, the underlying tones are there.

And yes, what happened with Rubin, of course, I could see Danny blaming himself, the guilt overcoming him, who wouldn't. I mean any adult, when a child is with you, in your care for any reason, gets hurt, it's horrible, but knowing he died, I can see Danny taking that very very hard, but this side of Danny, is unrecogizable to me, and I know I spelled that wrong... but this Danny, lying on the phone to Lindsey, supposedly with her, while sleeping with another woman, making her breakfast, is not the same Danny who a year ago on a whim flew across the country to be there to support Lindsey when she felt her most vulnerable and alone.... for him to just throw that away, seems so OOC to me for him.... I love to ship my characters, but something this is why sometimes I wish they would give us our flirty banner, and let our minds take off with it, because I don't won't to see the show I love, either CSI's, become a soap opera, these characters are more intelligent than that, that's why I watch it, not to see this...... I hope they keep Linds as strong and sure as she has always shown, because she deserves better.....

Just my little 2 cents worth.... but I'll always keep watching because I love that show and all it's characters.....

Shacky

9. Redhead_Rachel

Redhead_Rachel Dead on Arrival

Thanks for the link... I just watched it and now want to cry...
    I'm proud of our Linds... Danny's look at the end I don't think was uncaring- I don't think that he'd realised how his behaviour had affected her and I think just maybe he's realized what he's about to loose.
    Did anyone see the breif glimpse of her wipin her eyes just as the scene cuts to Danny's face?
    I can't believe Danny still thought it was about her birthday- she wasn't even that mad about that in the first place. Even if he doesn't consider them a couple, as her friend you think he might have had an inkling, even with everything else going on.
    Man, I never thought TPTB would make me want to slap Danny for being a jerk.

Kudos to Anna and Carmine for the great acting though

10. Little_Peaches

I'm trying to find a link bar YT that'll give me last night's ep. Any suggestions peeps? Anyways, I'm planning on watching the full ep rather than the above mentioned clip. I've nothing against it and I'm proud to hear that our Linds is taking it like a woman. Really, what else can we throw at these two?

Lindsay - loses her 3 (that's right? 4 including waitress?) best friends when she's 15ish by some brutal coffee shop killer. Sifts through tiger dung & a pool of KY (I'm sorry, but in my book - that's traumatising). Gets to witness a lovely teen massacre courtesy of Darius (not the singer from Glasgow). Hmmmm, what else? Danny gets trapped in a panic room & she discovers some feelingsm, which get tested everytime some college co-ed bats her eyelashes in his direction. Flung several feet thru the air thanks to a bomb. Risks going the same way as her friends when she goes under cover. As a result, relives afore mentioned tragedy which affects her ability to love sexy man Messer (he's a b*****d but he's still god damn sexy). Bit by a bleeding snake!! Faces the psychotic coffee shop killer and sends him to hell (Big house, whatever) gets to bond with sexy-man-b*****d-Messer in however you wanna phrase it and then little kiddie dies & he won't share. Then she clicks she's in love with him.

Danny: Well, Tanglewood boys for starters - he has ties. Then he loses the opportunity of going for third grade due to blind firing. Has to deal with going to his gf's boss' kid's bar mitzvah (I mean no disrespect towards anyone's religion whatsoever, he was just miffed about his day off :D. I hope the spelling is correct). He gets stuck in some panic room and has to deal with his bro calling when he doesn't wanna speak with him. What next? Oh yeah, his DNA links him to an old case in NJ, places him as main murderer. Gets off thanks to his bro who unfortunately ends up in coma. Discovers that the crime Stel & Lindsay are working on is the murder of one of his closest friends! R.I.P Aiden!x Witnesses his would-be-girl go undercover, suffers the agony of hearing her get 'made'. Gets knocked back and has to suffer months of not understanding why. All goes well till he decides to take her shift and gets held hostage and beaten to a pulp. (Digressing here, but did anyone else not think, damn that man is fine! all bloody and still sexy as...) All goes well, he gets to scale Statue of Liberty! and then his neighbour's kid gets killed in his care! Hooks up with said neighbour then listens to his best friend/girlfriend/sparring partner confess her love.

Here's what's gonna happen, it'll be tragic, tip toe round each other for the next few eps. It'll start looking up and then (for all you Brits out there ;)) in true 'Skins' style, Danny'll get hit by a bus and need to learn to walk, talk, have sex again.

Was there a point to this post? Dunno, there may have been but I've lost sight! All I know is, faith is still here and I wanna see Danny prove that he is still a man. Not by sleeping around but by fixing what he can. Also if TPTB can do this without making a greiving mother seem like a ho then all the better.

*gives cookies & hugs to those who do not judge Peaches for going off on a rant and still accept her for being more than a little messed up*

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  11. eveninstarz14

Ahhh drama...Gotta love it eh? That is why when they get completely back together, I want to the writers to not break them up in a truly soap opera fashion (or better yet NOT break them up) Let us leave Danny and Lindsay alone in Season 5! Give the angst to someone else!

12. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Re: Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

I think thats whats done it for me is that TPTB have played on the fact we never knew from the start where it stood.

I'm tired and had a hell of a long day at uni so watching the episode totally screwed with my mind and I wasnt angry i was actually impressed with the way they did it.

THe who BEST FRIEND phrase i think was what for me explained them is that they were more friends with benefits if it was classed as anything. Lindsay did some up how they are both so alike that they do the same thing to each other push them away when it matters and then act like it wasn't that bad.

I'm sleepin on it then possibly rewatch when i'm clear headed.

I'm hoping it will develop without it being the clichy making them stronger (sorry fluffy lovers but its to much for it to be perfect)... the angst is what makes it good in my opinion and if they don't overplay it and give us an answer by the end of the season i'll b happy.

And UK people.... we won't get a break between episodes... we getting them straight up... :thumbsup:

13. Dims

Dims Hit and Run

i just saw the monologue scene...and first of all major kudos to Anna (beatiful work darling....she really made me wanna hug her...and made it so easy to feel her pain)

on the other hand it simply made me hate Danny Voldermort (good one L_P ;) ) even more.....previously i had only read the scene and thought he is an a$$hole...now that i saw it i think an a$$hole would at least have some integrity and cajones to admit what he did last night to her face and simply be a man enough to tell her THAT SHE WAS SIMPLY FANTASIZING THEIR INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP ALL ALONG!THAT SHE IS NOT HIS GIRGFRIEND! BUT HE DIDINT!

why not? why did he feel guilty when she left?why didnt he stand up to say why he didnt wanna go for lunch the previous night? the woman is a crazy co worker who got upset with him for nothing and simply deludes herself by believing she is his girlfriend...right? RIGHT? :rolleyes:

it simply makes me laugh that are people who actually do believe she is the one to blame for feeling the way she was feeling last night.that Danny Voldermort is simply the poor victim of all this incident (aww :( ) ...:rolleyes:

It is soooo strange to see danny acting like that....who is this clone? and if he intends to remain than def Lady Voldermort is the perfect match for him.

I hope we will get to see more of Anna/Lindsay outside of this guy ...i want her slowly to manage and fall out of love with him (nomatter how difficult this will be for her), then regain her self confidence, and become this cool super smart lab girl she was before Danny started flirting with her...and asking her out...and talking to her about their chemistry...and complaining for standing him up....blah blah...before all this anyhow.....

and then life will be good again

THE END.

14. Little_Peaches

I'm not slating Friends with Benefits, far from it, it's a good concept if and only if the lines/rules are clear on both sides. Hooking up and deciding it's something you enjoyed, would like to do again but without that whole 'I wanna go to the Opera with Stel on Fri, is that ok?' conversation, FWB is an awesome idea. It must, must, must be laid out completely straight. The moment that one person wishes to 'play' with someone else then it has to be said. Is the FWB gonna continue whilst this person is on the scene or is gonna stop completely?

There was no type of conversation here to clarify this for D&L. If Lindsay is truly that upset then the rules were not stated. You know yourself if you can enter the concept of FWB or if it's gonna be a problem for you. It can be unavoidable, a lot of people have been there :rolleyes:

I'm still holding onto my banner and dusting my soap box for when it's time to climb back on it.

*throws on Team Lindsay t-shirt for the hell of it!*

15. eveninstarz14

I am not going to make any final judgments on Danny until after the next couple of episodes. What he did is wrong, even if he wasn't with Lindsay, because in my mind that makes it even more terrible because then he taking advantage of a grieving mother (I am not saying what she was doing was correct either). Though, we still have no idea how he had viewed the relationship. It only appears that he didn't take it as seriously as Lindsay. But seriously, he was the one in season two and three pursuing her, so why is he treating Lindsay like garbage???

Once I see the next couple episodes and their interactions with each other as well as seeing whether he ever tells Lindsay about his actions with Rikki, then will I give my final condemnation of the manwhore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.