Script Errors, Mistakes & Goofs

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Guest, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Seraphira

Seraphira Victim

Missed Something Nick?

hi my name is Seraphira.

CSI is my favorite show, but something i noticed that in S05xE17 - Compulsion: Kath finds some bed sheets with urine stains on it, Apperently nick or kath should have run a DNA sample to connect it to the older son who murdered his brother and found the reason why he killed his brother.

Shame shame u two! missing clues! :p

Seraphira

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Re: Missed Something Nick?

This this only relates to the original CSI, I'll shift it over to that forum. :)

3. Seraphira

Seraphira Victim

Re: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation mistake

hi everyone,

this is my second post, so i still don't know where i should post what or where.

About the corpse thing, If i was playing a corpse and eads and william were looming over me, i'd sit right up fast and moan and groan like a zombie, Just to scare the crap outta them and laugh my head off.:devil:

I'v been really intrested in playing the CSI games of late and looking for clues and stuff. OK u know when ur addicted to CSI when u start look for evidence while u wait for ur son's school bus comming home. LOL Hey i got bored!:guffaw:

I'm alot like grissom, i like to analyse things, not into bugs though. Something u should know. Since i'm deaf and i can sign and read lips I know what nick said to grissom in grave danger when he was taping his last goodbyes.

Nick:"I hope i that never disapointed you"
    Grissom:"you never did, Nick"

I hope u all enjoy that tasty tidbit. I should watch sound of silence again, But i do remember what grissom talked to the deaf lady about his mother. She lost her hearing at the age of 8, and how his mom sat and taught him to sign. They did real full real deal on the sigh language for william, must have been really working hard with his lessions and how to sigh for those secnes.

U know what i wish i could hear what nick and grissom sound like. Or what type of music they played?

Seraphira

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  4. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

In the beginning of 'Iced', when the CSI's come in the room for the first time, the male body, I don't remember his name, also blinks. Watch closely. ;)

5. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

wow, i am surprised no one has mentioned "Shooting Stars" yet, which has the biggest glaring error of the show.

Grissom holds up crow bar and calls it a tire iron :lol: Oh dear...

Also, in "Dog eat Dog" he mispronounces Hypothalamus. Also in that eppy, Doc mentions he is a cat person. In "cats in the cradle", Doc says he is a dog person. Whoops.

6. Geads86

Geads86 Victim

In the S5 Unbearable the episode where they investigate the death of a Kodiac bear, the zookeeper is played by Jon Wellner. Jon Wellner was brought back to the show later that season or early in S6 to play Henry the lab tech. When I first saw him, and recognized him it drove me crazy. Why would the writers do something like that???
    [​IMG]

7. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Geads86, that is not so much a mistake as it is a typical way for television and movie production companies to reuse actors they feel are worth bringing back. Studios have been doing that going way back to the black and white days, before color TV.

And on the other hand, there are the times they bring back a different actor for a previous character, for example the actresses who played Lindsay Willows or Ellie Brass.

8. tenchi74

tenchi74 Victim

nice. also, I don't know if its an error or just an oversight but when they mentioned that the gall bladder goes for $500 in Asian communities.....try multiplying that by 20. Average is $20k. For $500, I don't know if anyone would go through the trouble of gutting a bear and getting caught to make a measly $500.

And yeah, I have noticed a lot of "blinking" in dead actors but I am sure its hard to keep still during a shot.

9. Geads86

Geads86 Victim

I was just stating the fact to see if anyone else had noticed... and I don't really like when they bring back different actors/actresses to play Ellie/Lindsay and they look nothing like the original character. Everything about them their hair color, body shape.

But thanks for the history lesson it was interesting :)

10. ashlmorr3

ashlmorr3 Witness

First of Ellie and Linsday are two different characters. Ellie is Brass' daughter, and Lindsay is Catherines'. I think they only used a different person for Lindsay. In all three episodes Ellie was in, I could be mistaken since I've seen them in a while, but I think it was the same person. It was the differently the same person in "Ellie" and "Hollywood Brass."

11. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

You're right about the person who played Ellie was the same, ashlmorr3. The actress' name is Teal Redman, she was also seen on Gilmore Girls. They dyed her hair from blonde('Ellie") to brown ('Hollywood Brass').

They used different actresses to play Lindsay because they wanted to age her. I don't recall the name of the one who played the younger version, but the elder was Dannielle Pannabaker. Hope this helps out. :)

12. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Both wrong. Ellie Brass in season 2 "Ellie" was played by Nicki Aycox. The actress who played her in "Hollywood Brass" (season 5) and "Way to Go" (season 6) is Teal Redmann.

13. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Dynamo1 is correct on who played the two different people to play Elle. As to the Two that played "Lindsey Willows" the first was played by Madison McReynolds, then Kay Panabaker played the second Lindsey. Danielle Panabaker is Kay's sister who plays 'Julie Shark' on the CBS tv show "Shark". Here is a picture of the two Danielle is on the Left, Kay is on the Right this was taken in 2006.

14. tenchi74

tenchi74 Victim

in episode 123 secrets and files, there is a scene where Grissom is looking at pictures regarding the pig carcass and bugs. in one scene you see a woman in a purple sweater walk buy. But about a minute later, as Grissom is looking further down the wall, you see the same woman in the purple sweater pass by exactly the same way

15. Geads86

Geads86 Victim

Thanks for clarifying that but I know that Lindsay is Catherine's daughter and Ellie is Brass's daughter.... I am a fan of the show... I have watched from the beginning and I think i know the main characters and their children