Concerts.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by kazzy, Aug 2, 2005.

1. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

Ahhh a fellow multiple Westlife concert atendee I see! I went to Manchester at the weekend also, my 4th and 5th of the tour. Only 2 more to go though, Manchester again in May and then the Big Finale at Croke Park on 1st June. I used to do 20 plus a tour but cut down loads (I'm not as young and silly as I once was lol) I used to always go to Nottingham aswell, I love the Ice Arena. Its one of my more favoured venues. I went to see them in Notts in 2003,2004,2005,2006

Have you seen the You Tube footage from the fire in Newcastle? Scary stuff :wtf: I saw Nicky yesterday as he left for Glasgow, telling him I still wasn't over the trauma of it. I was sat on 2nd row right underneath it :eek: it wasn't nice.

Which Manchester date did you go to at the weekend? Where was you sat? I was sat on Row A of Block A on Saturday at the end of the row, Gill and lil Nicole were sat right next to me (can't believe how much Nicole has grown) I remember first being introduced to her by Shane when she was 5 weeks old:eek:. She's proper grown up now. Have you seen Nickys twins aswell? Arn't they adorable?

On Sunday we were sat on 14th Row of Block A, but then moved to Block 101 at the side of the stage because of a drunk Kn*bhead who was ruining the show for us.

I'm goin to Boyzone aswell in Manchester, Newcastle and Nottingham.

BSB are playing in Liverpool in May and if I can get some last minute good tickets I might go as its not too far from me. I saw them in 2005 on their last tour and loved it

So have you always gone to loads of Westlife shows? I might recognise you or we may know some of the same people.

2. Roosey

Roosey Captain

I'll have to travel for like 22 hours.. (yes I am going by train, poor student). But I'm really looking forward to it, especially as Róisín Murphy will be performing, she rocks.

3. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

Well Rock2Wgtn was fan-freaking-tastic! It was worth all the money! It was great that even though my sh***y car breaking down and the cheap, horrid accomdation didn't ruin it! Lordi was fab! It was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S Roosey moi loves your avvie! I <3 Addie (and Kate!) muchos!

4. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

The third Addie fan has arrived! :D

I don't know whether I'll go to Sziget festival this year, I just checked out their site and they have listed really poor bands so far (except for Iron Maiden, but I'm not a fan of that band). They say the list is updated frequently, but I don't know... I know it's only March, but I think we'd already know if there were some really cool bands.

5. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

From TV Guide online news:

Paula and Miley Headline Today Concert Series

Times like this, I miss our office being a stone's throw from 30 Rock. NBC has announced the lineup for Today's annual concert series, and the tourists first will be amassing to catch Paula Abdul in action, on April 25. Neil Diamond picks up the baton the following Friday, followed by Mary J. Blige, a "surprise reunion concert" (the Partridges, dare I hope?) and Alanis Morisette.

The B-52s, somewhat appropriately, mark Memorial Day with a May 26 performance, then cede the stage to Donna Summer. June brings on Chris Brown, Kenny Chesney, Rihanna and Coldplay, while July features Ashlee Simpson (or a facsimile thereof), Rascal Flatts, Natasha Bedingfield and one Miss Miley Cyrus.

Standing space is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis at Rockefeller Plaza. So, which of these acts might drag you into our fair city? — MWM

6. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

Yeah! :)! Haha, theres like 3 Addie avvies in a row.

Went to the Duran Duran concert two nights ago...it was okay. It took them awhile to get into it but when they did it was good!

I'm thinking about going to the Panic! at the disco concert in Auckland in August, I don't like their new album as much as A Fever you can't sweat out. But I would still like to see them in concert as they are supposedly fab. Oh well lets see how things go.

And on another note I scored myself some free Matchbox20 tickets :)

7. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

You're in for a treat. I saw 'em in San Diego earlier this month - they just keep getting better and better!! Dave Grohl is an incredible front man...and as a drummer I have to say it, Taylor Hawkins played the most amazing solo I've ever heard. The guy is just ridiculously good.

8. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Yay for Addie!

Anyways, I know there aren't that much bands announced yet.. but as it's only March (as you already pointed out), there'll probably be some more announcements coming up. I experienced that last year (with another festival), about all the cool bands were announced in May..

And the atmosphere on festivals is always good.. you could always go and lie down on the grass with a cold beer..

9. Carmine_lover

Carmine_lover Witness

I go in june to one of the greatest dutch singer in the netherlands.

Guus Meeuwis,i'm so exticed about it,i'm really can't wait more longer.

the dutch people know who i'm talk about.

the music is so good,he sings with his feelings of course is all about love.
    i'm curios who the guests are there.

until a few months,and then it's finally the most incredibble concert of the year:).

10. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

Sorry for not replying sooner. Forgot about this topic.

I use to go to loads as well but like you cut down. Needed to grow up and move on. That said I still do about 5 or 6 a year.

Haven't seen it but heard about it. Was confused as at Belfast they didn't have any pyro's so could understand where they came from.

We went on the Saturday but were sat in the tiered seating in the lower block (row w if i remember right).

Just seeing Boyzone at Sheffield. Never saw them first time round so should be cool.

I doubt you'd know me as I don't hang around with a lot of the others. There are only a few of us. You may remember a banner called 'FCUK me Filan' from the early years of the tours. If you do that was my friends. Shane always use to point it out.

Still got three gigs to go in Nottingham, Sheffield and Croke Park. Looking forward to it.

11. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

I've been to some concerts. I've seen Metallica twice, that was great. I also saw Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Jack Johnson and Bruce Springsteen. My favourite band is Lifehouse, but they are not popular in The Netherlands, so I think I have to travel to the USA to see them. I would like that! :eek:

12. Amanda_Ruth

Amanda_Ruth Witness

Oh my, where do I begin.

I've seen Keith Urban twice. He's a wonderful performer.
    I've seen Carrie Underwood once. She's gorgeous and absolutely perfect live.
    I've been to the Season 5 and Season 6 American Idol Concert Tours. So much fun, and definitely worth it.
    I've seen The Who during the Endless Wire tour, and it was a once in a lifetime experience that I will never forget.
    I saw the Backstreet Boys a while back, during their last album tour as a five member group. They were actually better than I anticipated.
    I've seen Daughtry, and Chris, as expected, is a very talented performer.
    KT Tunstall is another wonderful performer, and you can't help but get up and dance when she's performing.
    The Goo Goo Dolls are also a great band that I've seen, as well as The Barenaked Ladies and Smash Mouth.

Whoa... I've been to a LOT of concerts. Never really realized it until just now.

13. Roosey

Roosey Captain

I went to Martha Wainwright's concert and it was just too awesome. Here's a review I posted 'all over' the internet.

She started with 'I Wish I Were', one of her new songs. It was a great start, it was totally acoustic and it gave me goose bumps. Her band members arrived to the stage and she continued with Bleeding All Over You, which is also one of her new songs. Then followed Comin' Tonight, Jesus & Mary (this is where she first started looking at me - yay!), Hearts Club Band, When the Day Is Short, So Many Friends and In the Middle of The Night. These were also really good, but not as good as the first song.

Then her band members left the stage. She started playing Tower Song, which is a song about the War. It's a really dark song, the instruments on the album really fit the lyrics but it can also be played acoustic, that's what Martha did. Wonderful. Then she played 'Far Away', the opener of her first album. I really like the song 'Dis, Quand Reviendras-Tu?', so I decided to ask her if she could play it. She said 'yes' and asked me my name. I said 'Roos' and she said okay. Now I had to wait. She continued with 'This Life', which is one of my favourite Martha songs. It's a pretty long one, but it isn't dull at all. She sang another French song, Adieu Mon Coeur, which was originally performed by Edith Piaf. Now Martha got more confident and she danced funny dances and she sang little songs. She also said: "Don't worry about my mental state, it's perfectly fine right now"

She played Jimi, Factory, The George Song, You Cheated Me (in my opinion the one with the most hit-potential of the album) and GPT with her band again. Then she left the stage and well of course we wanted an encore. We got two. She played Bloody Motherfucking Asshole, See Emily Play and then my favourite song, yay, thanks Martha. She said: 'this one is for Roos'. She left the stage again and she came back for Stormy Weather, which is also a really good song.

After the concert I got the chance to meet her. She is really nice in person, unfortunately I was very nervous so I didn't say that much. I got a picture and a few signatures. As soon as she gets back to Europe, I'll be there and try to say a little more to her. This was by far the best concert I've ever attended.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  14. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

I'd love to go and see Carrie Underwood I <3 her. I have both her albums. I really wish she's do something over here. It is pretty hard for a country artist like Carrie to do well in the UK, only Shania Twain and LeAnn Rimes have really done anything here.

I think Carrie has a shot though, she really is something else. I'm not a country fan as a rule but I think Carrie is The Business.

Been to see Bon Jovi and Westlife this week...........a bit of a contrast haha.

Got to meet Jon BJ aswell - he is <333 swoooooooooon

http://profile.ak.facebook.com/v224/1005/51/n518098093_9944.jpg

15. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I'm very excited because at the end of July I get to see Coldplay live. It's a long story but my cousin knows Johnny (one of the guitar players) so we're probably going to be able to get backstage and meet the band. I'm excited for that because Johnny was at my cousin's wedding but I didn't say anything to him because I was too nervous and didn't want to bug him. Hopefully I can meet him now. :)