The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #18

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by twins1729, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

I just found it so funny that Grissom, Nick and Greg were ill.
    I know we were asking for a scene in a bar/restaurant to prove the boys were more than good friends but if them both having the same cold isn't a major shout out to us girlies then I don't know what is.
    I like the idea of them looking after each other - just snuggling on the couch with each others favourite movies and just getting better. Oh to be a fly on the wall.

2. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

OMG! YES! I can just IMAGIN that! I mean, Grissom probably got it from out of no-where, but, I tend to think that when Nick gets sick, he tried to keep it away from other people, right? I think Nick must have gotten it from Grissom, before he was even aware of it, and, he must have gotten Greg sick, or visa versa, Greg catches it and gives it to Nick and so on and so forth. lol. Just, maybe, some wishful thinking on my part.

-Lynn

3. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Welcome Sara's girl, always good to have new fans at the Fort.
    Katynn, good to see you de-lurk! I believe in the ep Greg was already sick and Nick said to Catherine that he hopes he's not getting sick. So Nick caught it from Greg. Maybe Greg got it from Grissom before he left for his sick bed. Its just too cute that the boys were both sick.

I have posted some Greg pics from the ep on the Greg/Eric pic thread.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  4. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

I ended up watching the entire episode via my own means that I cannot mention as I'll get rapped over the knuckles, but I have to say that it has certainly opened the doors to many great fic oppotunities. Be it how Nick and Greg ended up sick in the first place (Nick: "Told you swimming in Lake Mead in the middle of the night was a bad idea"; Greg: "You were the one who forgot the towels"), to them curled up together after work in one blanket while drinking lemon tea.

Did anyone else adore Greg's scarf? And the look on Nick's face when he realised he'd run out of gloves? This was a great episode for both our boys, even if they were sick.

5. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

Competely, uterly agree. YAY! hehe. Nick and Greg. how much more subtext can you get? TPTB is ruining all my other 'ships for me by putting the charaters involed with other people, or at least enducing flirting with one charater and said other character. :( But, with Nick and Greg, it's a totaly different plot line. Nick hasn't had anyone since Kristy Hopkins (GRRRR) and Greg...has Greg EVER had anyone? lol. I'm sure he has, but I've been to blind to see. But still, yeah, neither of them have anyone. I think we scare 'em, girls, don't you?

-Lynn

6. jay

jay Witness

This question was brought up briefly in the Danny/Flack thread and I was curious to see what people thought of it here.

They said in the Danny/Flack thread that if it was Flack and Danielle, they would've hooked up a LONG time ago. The question is, do you think it's the same with Nick and Greg? Were it Greg and Nicole, would they have gotten together long ago in canon? Or do you think it's the fact that they're both men that makes their relationship strong?

Personally, I don't think so. Had Nick been Nicole from the start it would've been different. On CSI NY, Danny and Flack are more or less on the same level. In the beginning that wasn't the case for Nick and Greg. Were it Greg and Nicole, it might have just started off painting Nicole in this idealized light, the kind of girl no one could get. Maybe after Nicole was suspected of murdering a male prostitute by the name of Chris, she would've run to the first person she thought of: the somewhat nerdy lab tech she'd befriended.

On the other hand, do you think it's because of their masculinity that would make the situation different?

I'm intrigued to hear your opinions.

7. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

Huh...that's strange...maybe...

I mean, had Nick been Nichole, it would have ben a kind of Sara/Greg relationship, you know? The low ranking lab rat with the hots for an older female CSI. But, it's most certainly not just because their men that we love them. I think that, and that all my fellow Lovers and Lovettes on here, that we SEE the chemestry. Also, I think that if we tried this if Nick was a girl (i.e., the campaining for them to become a couple) it would come with much for possitive feedback from TPTB, instead of the cold shoulder, and nothing happening.

I dunno. What do you girlies think?

-Lynn

8. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

Hey all!

I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the episode. Okay, not as a whole THAT much, but the Nick/Greg scenes were the best.

When Nick was working on the car, Nicole and I kept chanting "Greg walk in, Greg walk in, Greg walk in..." And he DID!! I was so happy.

I love how they were both sick. Subtext is awesome. Hello to any Newbies. *waves* I'm gonna have to go back through and keep track of you all!

Hey Clarrisani! Haven't seen you in a while. I've been watching Torchwood diligently!! Glad you were able to watch the episode!

Okay, so working on videos on the family's computer isn't working too well. So, I'm working Nuke videos on that computer and Love videos on my laptop. Yay! Videos soon! :D

9. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

Welcome Newbies and welcome back people who havent been on in a while!:thumbsup:

Thurs. episode was ok in my book. It was great to see the boys and subtextyness of them having colds. The ways that they could have gotten them.;):devil::drool::thumbsup:. I guess that it wasnt great in my book was that it wasnt better than Bull subtextness. It would have if Grissom hadnt been sick too. Plus, and I hate myself for this being a reason, but I had such a great shippy moment for another pair, different CSI and this weeks Love moment didnt come close.

Hate me, if you want. I normally dont compare shippy moments that much esp. if its from another CSI but I have this time. And equivalent from this other moment from The Love would be the one card, the lube scene or the lovely scene with the cow thingy (cant recall the actual name):rommie:

And I did wonder why Greggo had a scarf on. hmmm trying not to get worse or contaminate evidence, would be my guess. Whatever the reason Greggo looked adorable. It made me just want to take care of him. And get your minds out of the gutters! For once I actually didnt mean it in that way!

10. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Okay, this is just me being a total fangirl now, but what if Nick bought him that scarf and Greg was just looking for an excuse to wear it. Yes, he was sick, but it was the perfect opportunity to wear the birthday present Nick gave him.

Ooo. Hi Twins, only_true_love and Wojo! Long time my friends. And look at all the newbies that have sprung up while I was drowning in yummy Jack/Ianto hotness. Take lessons CBS!

So, have I missed any major slashy moments? We're up to to "Goodbye and Good Luck" next Sunday. Any episodes I should look out for?

11. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Oh man you have some real treats to look forward to! You have Lying down with Dogs, the boys work together and share some looks. But the the best love ep this season was Bull, you will love it. We couldn't stop talking about it (involves a huge vibrator used on bulls to get their semen). Subtext big time in that one. And of course the latest ep where the guys both had colds.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  12. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

*Grummbles*

I AM SO MAD AT MY DAD TODAY, GUYS! He refered to Nick and Greg as "Gays" when I was looking at one of the fansites! My mom was like, "HOney, what are you looking at?" and my dad was like, "Just her gay CSI's."

OMG! I WANT TO RIP HIS HEAD OFF!!!!!!!!

NIck and Greg are sio much more that just gay CSI's. I won't continue on my rant. But, do you guys agree?

Well, good morning, Lovettes.

HI TWINS! *Waves frantically*

Hey, Wojo, what happened in Bull? I missed it?

-Lynn

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Your right Nick and Greg are so much more! Anyway 'Bull' was a great ep for us Love fans. The guys process a truck in the CSI garage and Greg finds what tuns out to be a bull vibrator (to coax semen from the bull for breeding). Wendy comes in and starts telling them that the semen on the bull riders jeans is bull semen, then she tells them about a farmer who had sex with his livestock. Nick and Greg are clearly uncomfortable with this wild tale. It's fun to watch.
    There is also a scene with a woman who runs a wedding chapel, each takes turns asking her questions and you can clearly see a business card in Nick's hand that she had no doubt given them. If anyone can give more details please do.

14. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Welcome new fans to the Love and welcome back Clarrisani!

Wow, what a new episode can do to the Fort. I'm gone for the weekend and you guys post like crazy! I'm so glad that it was a good episode for the guys.

And I totally agree the boys got each other sick, well, getting close and physical every day (at home) ... how could they not?

That's a great thought Clarrisani, I keep that in mind when I see that episode (in about a year:()

Good question! Hm, I think I agree with you. It would be like Greg and Sara as someone has already pointed out. But now that they are both CSIs and almost at an equal level ... Actually now would be the perfect timing to make them a couple:thumbsup:

Katlynn, did your dad get that idea that they're gay from the show or the website? I just wanted to know because if he got it from the show than the boys are really obvious even to non-believers (watched to much X-Files lately ;))

Just saw clips from the episode and I must say it again, seeing the two of them working together just seems so right! They work so well together, it's just so right! Anyway, loved the look on Greg's face when Nick said he found his reason for getting up in the morning! He looked a bit like "What do you mean, am I not reason enough?"

And that scarf is nice. But what's up with that sweater/pullover Greg wore. That was so not his style, more like Nick's. So maybe he felt crappy in the morning/evening (???) and just wanted to wear something to make him feel better, so he chose one of Nick's pullovers.

Great love moments! Can't wait to see the episode in context.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  15. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

Well, love_fan, I think he got the idea from the site, but he hasn't liked Greg's character from the get-go, and Nick is slowly dropping to that level, as well.:rolleyes: Maybe he picked up on it? dunno.:confused:

*Shruggs*

Oh, and Thanks, Wojo! You're a live saver, hun. (I'm really mad that i missed that epi.) :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.