Calleigh/Jake #1 - "Some things never change!"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Leela, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lambchop

Lambchop Rookie

Re: Calleigh/Jake #1 - "Some things never change!"

Well.... Coop was following Calleigh around and since he had Jake as the possible next in line..... I'm hopeful.:thumbsup:

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

That's exactly why I'm not worried for my CaKe.
    They're still together and Coop proved it...although with not the kindest action:rolleyes:.
    Jake must reappear for a new episode....no way...he MUST...also because of this issue;)

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Was Cooper even on the show when Hagen was alive, though?
    I guess he could have just heard about it, stuff around there seems to spread like wildfire. Cooper must have seen Cal w/ Jake or something. Thats exciting. Suppose he has pics of them that he will expose to Stetler to try & get her in trouble again!!!!!!
    Do you all think he is done trying to get revenge on Cal? Think we'll see more?

I kinda hope not. Cooper played a good jerk in Ambush, but then he changed his tune quickly when he discovered she was missing & tried to help out. I'll give him a little credit for that. A little!!! Hopefully he is just done & will move on, to me the Cooper thing is kinda stupid. He screwed himself, Calleigh didn't do it for him & Eric was just as much into the Cooper case as well, so why would Coop just want revenge on Calleigh? I don't get it, another TPTB "throw in" I guess.:rolleyes::rolleyes: DUMB! Then again, if Coop comes along w/ some photos of CAKE kisses I would be thrilled!!!!:lol:
    **stuffs Stetler in a closet, locks the door**

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well I don't thik Coop knew about Hagen....but if I think about it carefully...well he first know Calliegh during her time off from Ballistic....and knowing the lab everybody knows everything about everybody:rolleyes:. Such a bad place for pirvate matters:p

Hmm after what happened in "Ambush" and "All in" I think Coop will stay out of the lab for a long time. Let's say he made a bad thing and after Calleigh's missing he noticed it and he was sorry...he wanted to help the team to find her...so I give him a "very little" credit for that too:rolleyes:.
    As for Coop knowing something about Calleigh and Jake this could really create some troubles with Stetler....but once againt it's old stuff (although very good)...no originality:rolleyes:.
    So now I'll guess we have to wait for other troubles for Calleigh to see Jake in another episode:rolleyes:

5. calleighandjake

calleighandjake Hit and Run

Wow. I can't even believe that Jake wasn't in this episode! :eek: I wish he was the one to save Calleigh. It wouldve been nice to see how he reacted to her being "abducted". He definataly needs to be in the next episode. Hopefully soon we will see that Cal chose Jake over Eric. :thumbsup: I love Eric, I really do, but lately he just seems like he's obsessed with Calleigh. You know? Everytime she walks by he has to go and talk to her. Jake is a bad boy and I think Cal likes that. He's so hot too. Oh and how many times can they say abducted? It reminds me of aliens, so everytime someone said that, I'd think of Cal being taken by aliens. ;)

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well you can't imagine how I was disappointed not to see Jake while Calleigh was "abducted" :rolleyes:.
    But thinking about it carefully I came to a theory;)
    The rule still exists so I think it could have been stupid for Jake to be there...I mean being there could have meant "look....Calleigh and I are breaking the rules" and I'm sure he doesn't want this to happen. So I'm still kinda positive about their situation;).
    If TPTB will follow fans desires (as they're doing right now) they'll show him;).
    Yeah I so want Calleigh to choose Jake over Eric for the same reason:thumbsup:.
    Calleigh needs her spaces (which obviously Eric doesn't let to her) and only Jake knows it and knows how to leave her own private space.
    Jake is a bad boy but still there's something good in him....the only problem is that they didn't show it so well. There must be a reason why Calleigh chose him...not the same why she chose Hagen 6 years ago:rolleyes:

calleighandjake Can we just remove the word "abducted" dictionary??? It's odd:lol: also for the reason you said....I love "kidnapped"

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I like to just say she was "taken" or "missing".:lol:
    Abducted is too alien like & kidnapped reminds me of a child.

My theory is that Jake may have had no idea anyway. It happened all in 1/2 a damn day. He probably had the day off & was out doing his everyday thing, ya know bills, laundry, running errands. Im sure she wanted to go home & call him but couldn't.
    I agree she needs space, nothing aginst Eric cause I love him to death, but she just wanted to go home & then he pulled the "im not fine" line. What was she going to say? Then after her day of horror she had to make him feel better. :wtf: It was like pulling a sympathy card on her.
    It sucks because I think she really loves Jake & just doesn't want to hurt Eric because she knows he is so delicate right now, so thats all the viewers get to see. id much rather see some one on one w/ CAKE.
    I think at the end of the season Jake is going to show his face finally & they'll all get a reality check, mostly Eric.

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

so we'll pick "missing":p

Yeah...I'm pretty sure that Jake didn't know anything about it. Cause if he had known it I'm sure he would have done something to find her althoug he probably had to hide their relationship because of the rule.
    I so can imagine him at the laudry:guffaw:.
    Anyway I'm also sure that she wanted to go home to think about what happened to her and also to call Jake....I mean she had to tell him.
    As for her spaces obviously Eric didn't gave them to her....she practically had to go home with him for him...not for her. Probably she was glad to have a friend helping her...also worried for her...but I don't know why it looked to me a little bit egoistic. In that moment she needed to be alone with her own thoughts..probably also Jake could have been inappropriate in that situation but still there was something odd in the end of the episode.
    I really would have preferred a team ending for such a bad day.
    Now in my opinion she has to think about her whole life after what happened (these things can change your life completely) and I want Jake to be there to help her....also leaving her spaces.
    In my opinion she loves Jake but right now she has to cope with Eric's situation which let's say it's a little bit delicate...let's wait and see what happens but I really trust in Calleigh;)

No worries for Jake...he'll show up:thumbsup:

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

This "missing" incident is most likely going to effect Calleigh from this point out. Its the first time she has really been out of control in a situation, she managed to get herself out of it, but still we've seen guns at her head & have watched her roll around on the street dodging cars & bullets, this time was different, she didn't have her gun to get her out of the situation. Cal had to rely on the team & her own intellegence to save her, w/out the use of her weapon.

I just think at this point she is going to need some emotionally strong support from someone, & that is Jake. She needs to worry about herself & have someone who can be the stronger person here, Eric is a great support to a certain extent, but w/ his own problems & the mess that will most likely be around the corner (w/ the evidence left behind) is going to put even more on his plate. I think he needs to deal w/ his own brain issues, learn to take care of himself & get better treatment. This time Calleigh is the one in need of being emotionally saved & Eric is still in need of that same "rescuing". Someone would have to take the role of being "stronger" & I don't think Eric is right for that, he has enough of his own issues to concentrate on.

The lack of Jake is just TPTB dragging it out longer & making viewers "wonder", they're leaving it up to the imagination of the fans. I just feel like Jake will resurface & be the one there for Calleigh in the end.

The department rule is still at linger, who knows what will come of all that. We will have to wait & see where that takes CAKE. Will he leave the department so they can be together? Will they just break up & go seperate ways? Who really knows, Calleigh may get to the point where she can't handle ANY of it anymore & just want to be left alone to get through it on her own. She definitly needs a "breather" right now, & some of the fans need one as well. ;) Its getting rather old, waiting & pondering over what will happen. Personally for me, all the added forced drama is taking away the concept of the show, its too forced & there is wayyy too much of it going on. Id like to see Jake pop in from time to time in episodes throughout next season & still have CAKE together, I REALLY want Eric to get some much needed help & everything go back to NORMAL around the lab & w/ the team. Its just plain ridiculous at this point & it doesn't keep the show interesting for me. :rolleyes:

10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

*raises hand*
    Here I am!!! Give me the "breather":eek:

Anyway right now she needs someone ready to help her when she will have to come back to the lab....especially when she will have to go back to crime scenes (I don't know why but I think she will have great difficulties with it).
    As you said I don't think Eric will be that kind of strong person....he so many troubles to think about that in my opinion he won't be able to be that strong shoulder she needs to cry on.

As for the lack of Jake right now I think it was made on purpose for the suspance...in order to have fans wondering about it...wondering about their relationship...to increase their interest in this triangle.

About this triangle....let's say it's kinda annoying me right now.
    I mena in "Going Under" they introduced us this great character...Jake:drool: and I was jumping up and down in my room when I first saw him:devil:. Such a hot guy and a great character.
    To me they introduced him only because he was going to be Calleigh's boyfriend.
    Then the situation was going on well with all their flirting moments especially in "Going, Going, Gone" after they shot at Calleigh. To me it was the most flirting moment of the season.
    Then they came up with Eric's troubles with his brain....and they pull out this "triangle".
    I've always considere this as crime show...with crime scenes and just a little bit of their private matters.
    CaKe would have been perfection without so many troubles:rolleyes:.
    I loved "Ambush" and "All in" cause to me they were the perfect episodes for this kind of shows;).
    Putting a shipping end (no matter for what kind of ship it was...it wuold have been the same thing with all kinds of couples) in my opinion was ruining the episode and the great job they did....they didn't mentioned this "triangle" (I'll always say that I do not see any triangle) for two episode...and then what??? This??? Come on....it's time to stop this!!!
    My interest for it just finished....I want some CaKe in some episodes....not "The bold and the beautiful"

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Here Here FLO!!! Its ridiculous I know! Thats why I DON'T watch soap operas, they drag s**t out for so long keeping everyone in suspence then 3 years later they are still on the same plot.
    GOD! This is CSI:Miami , I want to see something new & fresh & NATURAL ...move on, this is more annoying than anything!!! Im sure there are THOUSANDS of viewers who don't ship at all that could care less about this so called "triangle". I actually chat w/ my sis about this because she is one of those average viewers who doesn't go to message boards & ship & all she & her husband ever say is "I DON'T GET IT, DUMB", & my brother in law is constantly complaining that the show is "too cheezy" now, & he can barely make it through an episode w/out having to turn it.:lol: Poor guy just want to watch a crime show! HELLO TPTB!!!
    Yeah....its time for something new....& w/ new characters:rolleyes:
    Cake is more subtle & it can linger in the background....that is perfect "romance story" for a crime/drama/ action show!!!

12. Lambchop

Lambchop Rookie

Believe it or not, but CaKe is the first my first ship for CSI Miami.

I have a hard time seeing Calleigh with any of the other guys on the show. Now this doesn't mean I don't like the guys on the show. I do. I just can't see Calleigh with any of them.

When Jake came along, I was like 'FINALLY'! A guy I can honestly see Calleigh dating and having a relationship with.

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

They weren't my first, but I know what you mean. I watched for years as just the "average viewer" & didn't ship anyone...I really didn't even know it existed to tell you the truth, then when Natalia came into the picture & was w/ Eric I got completely hooked & addicted!!!! Now Im a shipper happy fool:D
    CAKE is most definitly at the top of my list!! Jake just seems like the perfect match for her, she lit up when she was around him in a way that you never saw Calleigh before, so that was what hooked me on them. Plus I tend to favor the couples who actually have been written as a couple. Don't get me wrong, I love all my ships & the "fluffy" moments they share, but when its a canon couple...its there clear as day & ya don't have to wonder if its "romantic" or if it's just your shippy imagination.

14. Lambchop

Lambchop Rookie

Totally agree.

Jake does make Calleigh light-up. It's been a long, long time since Calleigh had smile and then along came Jake. Now it happens everytime, even when she's mad at him.

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I love your avi Lambchop, but it would be a hoot if it said "I want the CAKE now":D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.