The Fan Art Forum Guide - Rules/Tuts./Questions *updated 10-05

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by cofi_shot, Oct 1, 2006.

1. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Re: The Fan Art Forum Guide

Winners up for the X-Mas Challenge!! :D -->*click*

2. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Okay, I read above how to make an icon with PS 5.

I have Photoshop 7 and want to make an animated banner, would that be the same as above? Or different?

Any help would be appriciated :)

Thanks

3. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Some miracles really happen: Ducky opened a new challenge in Misc! :D Follow the link and join:

Icon Challenge #26 - ER

4. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Hi! I come bearing another question. :) I wasnt sure if I should ask it here or pm the people I think could answer it but anyways. For PSP how do you play with the coloring? I see so many icons that are brights and vibrant with different colors but I can only work with the icons originals colors and thats boring. Any tips would be appreciated!

5. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

most of it is just color layers, and playing with opacity and stuff. i have some tuts at my lj for psp. its pretty much just playing around with differnt colors and things like that. if you have more specific questions you can pm me if you want.

6. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Thanks so much, Ill try playing around with the colors layers and stuff on a few icons :)

7. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Again a new icon challenge up in Misc!

Challenge #27 - Boston Legal

These are always fun, so jump over and join! :D

8. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I was quietly sneaking in here, looking a thread to inform people here that we have one little challenge in Misc as well.... come on people! Entries! Entries!

*tries to lure people to Misc*

9. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Hey does anyone know where else I can get backgroend textures at other than MM? Thanks for the help. Sorry Ducky I just popped in here to post this & saw your post oh about a week late.

10. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

katpin, I'd try doing a search at DeviantArt. There's lots of great resources there :)

11. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

OK, I made a longer entry but before I could post it some evil thing kicked me out and everything got lost :p
    So here's the short version:

Due to all the renewals also the Fan Art Guide needed (and still needs) to be updated. We're working on it and meanwhile all the main links to all special threads in the Art Forum should work again, but some issues need completely new posts and now I'll start here with a help to upload your ava/icon on the new system.

How to upload an ava/user icon?

• First of all you need to save all the icons - self-made or snagged - in a folder on your own computer.
    • Back to TalkCSI and go to User Control Panel (User CP)
    • In the first section called "Settings and Options" scroll down to "Edit Avatar" and click on it
    • Under "Custom Avatar" you should see the option where you can search your computer for icons - click on "Browse" (or similar).
    • Open the folder where you've saved all icons, choose the one you wanna use as an avatar and double click on it. Attention: the size of your ava must not exceed 140x140px and 70kb
    • Last but not least and please don't forget it: click on "Save Changes" and that's it! :)
    That's not too difficult I guess, but perhaps my explanation? So don't hesitate to ask if you still have problems with uploading an icon.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  12. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Re: The Fan Art Forum Guide - Rules/Tuts./Questions *upd. March 11 08

Spring Cleaning!

Vera and I decided that it was time to clean up the forum a bit. Here's what's happened:

• Forum Guide - Links have been updated. Changes have been made regarding the move to vBulletin.
    • The screencap request thread and the Fonts, Resources and More thread - combined into one and stickied to the top for easier access.
    • 1v1 Challenge - This is a very active thread, so we've unstickied it. There's not much chance of it getting lost.
    • vBulletin move thread - has been unstickied, but remains open if needed.
    • Challenge level and challenge break threads - have both been locked and unstickied. Everything regarding challenges will take place in the Challenge Guide Thread from now on (link in original post).
    • LIMS will remain stuck to the top until we have a final winner
    • The welcome thread will remain as-is.

As always, if there's a problem, let us know!

13. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Re: The Fan Art Forum Guide - Rules/Tuts./Questions *upd. March 11 08

OK, so...*coughs*: everyone who keeps on quoting images in their posts (means doesn't remove the IMG-tags) will receive a virtual head slap from either Meg or myself, whoever spots it first! :p ;)
    That's no joke, I love giving head slaps! :devil: :D

Seriously: please keep that rule in mind, quoting images uses up bandwidth and that's not always free. Removing the IMG-Tags is a bit more complicated here, but not too difficult. But if you have problems figuring out how to do it, just ask. Place your question here or in the thread where you want to quote s/th or send a pm to DragonflyDreamer or me, cinegirl, we won't slap you then :D
    Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  14. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Re:Fan Art Forum Guide-Rules/Tuts./Questions *Everyone please read!

New post, new request! ;)

It has come to our attention that people snagged art work from an artist and modified it to their own liking. In this special case it has been a wallpaper that was resized into an icon.
    Now most artists who post their stuff in this Forum are OK with s/th like this - as long as you ask them before modifying! This is no big deal and a general matter of good behavior.
    So please, everyone, keep in mind - before changing someones artwork - to ask! Send a pm to the respective artist or place your question in the thread where you've snagged the work, alright?

Thanks for reading! ;)

15. Grissom_Nick

Grissom_Nick Dead on Arrival

HELP!

I HAVE A PIC THAT HAS A CITY BACGROUNF WITH A PERSON IN THE FOREGROUND HOW DO I REMOVE THE CITY IM USING CS2 CHEERS