Grade 'DOA For A Day'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 2, 2008.

?

How would you grade DOA For A Day?

1. A+

10 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. A

18 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. A-

17 vote(s)
    25.8%
  4. B+

9 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. B

8 vote(s)
    12.1%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I gave it an A cause it was finally a brand new episode. I was ever soooooooo happy. Plus it tied up loose ends from the Second Life story.

2. Tishme3

Tishme3 Witness

Hm, ...a poetic killer; the chase made it that much more interesting to watch as well as those funny punch lines. Yes, I was hoping to see more of Hawkes, but everyone did a fantastic job. ...glad to see a new episode!!!

3. FLACK_ATTACK

FLACK_ATTACK Prime Suspect

I give this episode an A+, due in part to the fact it was finally a NEW eppy! Yeay! that's it's back! Mac in a bullet-proof vest... Holy s***! Loved it!

4. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Finally I've seen it. DOA for a Day got an A from me. Under normal circumstances I would have given it a B maybe a B-, but I was too excited for the new episode.

Overall it was good, though it needed a some improvement here and there. The part that bugged me the most was the video conference Mac held. It didn't make any sense. In the conference there were SWAT leaders and FBI agents. But in the chase and stake out there were only the CSIs, and as far as we know when Flack came up in that building to check on Mac he brought NYPD officers.

The birthday comments/banter was alright. It was just a light moment in a tense episode. More comments on that I'm afraid I don't have. Danny's reply was a tad misogynistic for his character though.

Flack had some nice moments, and also a nice tie! Just as everybody did, I enjoyed the bar/club scene between Flack and Danny :D Cute beyond anything. Speaking of cute, the boys looked good in this episode. Danny looked a little childish. He had this weird energy.

I was disappointed in the end that Angell wasn't involved in the chase too. Mac went after the suspect alone. Mac, didn't you learn anything from the Clay Dobson case? By the way, why was Angell carrying that huge gun in the beginning? It was humongous!

Adam ruled the episode tonight. Also I noticed that on the credits he was listed as "special guest star" :confused: Anyway back on topic, Adam was on top of his game tonight. I couldn't help laughing at his "It's brilliant" comment. It was excellent. Well played AJ!:thumbsup:

Hawkes had a few lines, all not so very important, and Mac stole the light from him when he analyzed that liquid! Didn't you have enough, Mac? :scream: Also, where was Stella? I don't even remember her but from the beginning, and then where did she disappear? Weird :wtf:

Anyone else thought that the actress playing Suspect X didn't do it right? I didn't like that little verbal exchange between her and Mac, I thought it was forced. Overall it was a good comeback episode, especially after Playing with Matches (that is the only NY episode I didn't rewatch and never will. Not even staring at Danny or Flack will help). I can't wait for the next one though. Thank God there is only one week between them, although I think everyone believes that a week is long too :p

ETA: I almost forgot to mention the hug scene at the end of the episode. Poor woman (i didn't catch her name :D ) but Mac was weird. He looked like he was uncomfortable, almost saying "why are you doing this to me?" Well...he's being just his old self :D

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  5. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

ok I DO know when i watch this eppy i'll HATE Jordan Whatever (Or Peyton 2.0 for friends:evil::evil:
    It's a pity so less of Stella:( but i'll enjoy any Mac action around:thumbsup:(i just LOVE this guy)I'm glad of Adam (my 3 guy after Mac and Flack) i felt in love with him since he helped Stella in Season 3:thumbsup:

I think Peter Lenkov wanted another actress to portray the killer but i don't know if Peta is in Australia or filming somewhere else:eek:

What's the big deal about Danny forgetting Lindsay's birthday??????:rolleyes::rolleyes:There are so many people who forget day after day important anniversaries. Why have we to watch a bad soap opera about them:rolleyes:Please, get it over!:rolleyes:

OMG promo for the next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Stella! and "a new mistery begins" OMG!Definitely it will be MY episode of Season 4:bolian:

Debbie:bolian:

6. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Ooops, I have to rewatch it, I was very sleepy the first time. :eek: :wtf: :lol:

7. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

Just a few thoughts in addition to what you've all said...

- Danny badly, badly needs a haircut

- Wasn't the Second Life party the worst ever? Twelve people standing in a corridor...

- Awwww, Angell as Marilyn, didn't she look purty...

- Would a trained killer really run when she sees a policeman?? I think not.
    Particularly not in those shoes. Presumably killers always wear jogging shoes..

- Anna Belknap has really lost one hell of a lot of weight, she looks good on it but her acting still sucks.

- And Adam was truly glorious - love his scenes with Mac.

- And what was the B52s tune? Loved it.

Overall I'll give it an A-.

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Fellow Sunset Beach fan!!! :D :D :D Was Kam Heskin one of the Caitlin actresses? The second one maybe? She looked so familiar, and that thought actually crossed my mind. Either way, I thought she did a good job.

I was waiting for something bad to happen there, too.

That's actually a great way to characterize it...Lindsay is Miss Me Me Me and Danny's over it. I guess that's how I'd describe the state of the relationship.

That was nice...I did think the scenes didn't scream, "OMG Potential Love Interest!" That's a good thing.

I hadn't thought of that angle, but it makes a lot of sense.

Not quite misogynistic but I know what you're saying. Danny definitely played the doofy guy card, and it came off as a total excuse because as we know, Danny's not quite the stereotypical doofy guy.

Flack always looks good, but I have to say, I like Danny's hair a little longer like it was in last night's episode. He really looked stunning, and the white shirts really look great on him; they set off his skin tone really well.

It was absurd how long it took backup to get to Mac given that they really were pretty much right behind him. :rolleyes: That was silly.

I actually liked her a lot, but that could be the Sunset Beach connection I mentioned above. But I thought she was perfect for the role.

That did seem a little awkward to me, yeah.

9. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

Solid B here. Good to have NY back. It was a solid episode, not bad, but not outstanding. Adam however was very good this episode, good to have him back on screen. The final 5 minutes where the worst, the whole chasing scene was a bit hurried. And I don't like that new girl around Mac.

10. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yep, she was the second Caitlin. :lol: Her acting has improved somewhat since then...

11. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I thought so!!!!! :lol: That's awesome. I thought she was really good--I'm sad we didn't get to see more of her.

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

AJ signed a 'series regular' contract with the show, but it's not the kind that immediately gets him in the credits or in every episode. He's only contractually obligated for 13 out of 24 episodes for this season, I believe (if the show had gotten 24 episodes, of course), and the number goes up next season and so on. I'm guessing he won't be in the credits for a while yet, so until then he's going to stay listed as a special guest star. Having him in a more limited contract gives AJ the chance to do other stuff (which is good for NY because it gets the actor exposure, therefore getting his main show exposure), like the Supernatural episode he has coming up later this month. :)

The thing that bugs me is when press releases list him in episodes he's not in just because he's a 'series regular'--it's hard to know when he's actually going to be there. :rolleyes:

I re-watched the episode, and I loved how Adam was talking about his little e-mail backstory to Mac like 'I was this smokin' hot 22 year old girl' or woman or whatever. :lol:

13. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Dammit, New York. After a promising start with the crafty Second Life l33t Assassin(and the assassin was promising as a nemesis even if "Down the Rabbit Hole" was as boring as geriatric fellatio sponsored by Dentu-Creme), you blew your wad in an uninspired bout of premature ejaculation. I realize that this was the first post-egofest episode and that everyone is trying to regain their footing, but this was a mess, and once again, you've squandered a potentially long-running storyline in favor of an ADD resolution.

Suspect X could've taunted Mac and the gang for seasons and become his great white whale, the case that's solved in the series finale or not at all, but instead we get a killshot we never see thanks to cruddy, asinine editing, a lame pre-croak soliloquy, and a wholly unsatisfying resolution. Gee, thanks for more of the same. I see the unpaid hiatus hasn't sharpened your writing prowess.

And speaking of unsatisfying, can we please, for the love of God, stop interrupting the flow of cases with brief but torturous detours into Shipper Havens? It's like boarding a high-speed rollercoaster, plunging down a few hair-curling drops, and suddenly, inexplicably finding yourself on one of those tortoise-humping, backlot studio tours where they putter around a studio's crumbling junkheap empires so blue-hairs can snap pictures of the thirteenth extra from Days of our Lives.

"OMG, who's the killer of the killer? Will they find this clear badass among nasties? Does Mac have what it takes to match wits-"

"Over here, if you look to your left, you can see the mating dance between Cessau, our resident stud, and Scrunchles, otherwise known as whinicus terrificus. If that doesn't tempt you, or if your provided sick bags are full, you can look to the right, where our dedicated but hopelessly untalented team of monkey herders are trying to mate Blue, or, homo sapiens hot stufficus, with the comely Angel, or Flackwanna Tapthatticus. Blue is very shy and clumsy with the ladies, so it's been slow going, but we're confident that after we lobotomize Angel to rid her of that pesky independent streak and desire to become a monkey in her own right and condition Bluel to be the typical leering lecher, our mating program will proceed swimmingly.

The Lindsay snit over her forgotten birthday was embarrassing and yet another example of her self-involvement. Danny is still struggling with the death of a child in his care, and she's sulking because he forgot her birthday? Hello? Has she ever stopped to consider Danny's needs, or anyone else's while we're at it? She says she's fallen in love with him, but her definition of love is warped, concerned solely with how it affects or benefits her. It's creepy and borderline sociopathic.

The Flack/Angel Kevlar bonding moment was just awkward, like they were trying to hint that Flack wanted to kiss her or ask her on a date or grab her ass. He was definitely checking her cleavage, which was...well, I know guys do it, but Flack always struck me as a gentleman.

I don't blame Angell for getting all hot and bothered when he was barking out orders at the beginning. Confident, Action!Flack is HOT. Rawr.

Speaking of Flack, I adored him in the garage scene with the bionic Marine and give kudos to the writers for giving him a realistic initial reaction to a triple amputee. I don't know many folks who wouldn't react to the appearance of a reconstructed human being with a rousing round of :O. I would, and I'm an OG limper, yo. He rebounded beautifully, though.

"Don't you dare pity me."

"No pity here. I'm just tryin' to figure out if you could've done it."

Oh, Flack, I love you so.

How cute was it to see Flack unconsciously preening in front of Jordan Gates? I don't think it was an attempt to poach Mac's prospective pootie; I think he just wanted to show that he was a sexy, big damn hero, too. His posture in that scene was a clear invitation for Ms. Gates to feast her eyes on this fine piece of NYPD prime beef.

Poor Flack. His comment to Mac about never even being asked by old ladies to help them cross the street strikes me as a symptom of loneliness. I think Flack wants to meet someone, to be wanted and needed, and not just as a cop. I think that as much as he loves his job, he wants to build a life and leave a legacy outside of it as well.

Aside from this rant/review, I got nothing from this episode, which, sadly, is becoming all I can expect.

C+

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Win! Win-win-winny-win-win! :lol:

Also: Sad, but true--or, in intranetz terms, IAWTC

15. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

You are welcome. /Bill Engvall voice