Not as excited as I used to be

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by jimmyolsenblues, Feb 24, 2008.

1. future_cop

future_cop Lab Technician

I'm not as excited anymore because I feel as if they have changed it to much.In the beginning it was all about the crimes and solving them and getting things done.Brain boglers as you followed along.It seems it has turned in to a bit of a soap opera.I dunno maybe I'm losing my mind or I'm on the wrong train of thought.I was a huge GSR fan but the whole Sara getting kidnapped and him proposing was a little to much for me.It kinda killed my buzz if you would.I'm a multi shipper and I mean when Catherine got Jealous about Warrick getting married and all is suppose to be expected right.I don't get the whole Sara leaving thing either.That was another thing that kinda made me lose interest.Sara was a main character.As soon as they start taking out main characters the show begins to lose it's pazazz.I gues what I'm getting at is it would be better if it was just plain solving crimes and not who's gonna marry who.

2. shady

shady Hit and Run

I am glad sara has gone as the show was to much about them (grissom and sara) rather than what the show is ment to be about, the crime solving thing. So far in season 8 I haven't been looking forward to tuesdays coming round (thats the day its shown in the UK), but thats because of the stories not being so good, that is just my opinion, don't shoot me or send me to the lions for having a difference of opinion though will ya!?

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I think this GSR season has really done me in. When I see any mention of GSR and Cath drama, I cringe. I'm tired of it and I'm ready to stop watching the show. I just want an end to it. I never liked it because it monopolized the show.

The episodes where Nick is leading are so much better because he is so enthusiastic about his work where Grissom has become a little jaded.

The GSR thing has really done me in and I'm feeling very frustrated every time I watch the show now because I get this 'oh god there it is again' feeling.

This show needs a real burst of creativity and a new context outside of GSR and CathDrama. I would love it if they recreated CSI next season with Nick, Warrick and Greg leading a new batch of CSIs. Sounds kind of corny, but I think it would be really cool.

This show has always been very weak for character balance due in order to the showrunner's egos and contracts. The science really kept it going in my opinion.

Anyways, that's my two cents worth.