Attention: LV Renewed S-9, Contract Info *No Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Feb 15, 2008.

1. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

Re: Attention: LV Renewed For Season 9

as well as going back to the theatre in November / December, Billy Petersen is going to be doing a play in the summer of 2009 (links on the Billy thread here, too lazy to go dig it out right now :wtf: ).

So if he signs up for season 9, surely it won't be for that many episodes? He's always taken a break when CSI isn't filming in the summers. I can't see him filming CSI for months then going to do a play straight away.

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Just found this on TV Guide's website as Breaking news.
    William Petersen Renews Contract

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Re: Attention: LV Renewed S-9, Contract Info

Dizzney posted a link to the Tv Guide article and above in the quote is another one, the quote is from page/post one, where we are going to try keeping track of who signs and such. as it states let us know if you hear anything on the others and we will update the info.

Also note the change in the title, its there to reflect what this thread is about. ;)

4. 13CSIgal

13CSIgal Victim

YIPPIE. Another season and Billy is back. :bolian: Even if he is back for a few shows that is better than nothing. Also is anybody getting tickets to his play?

5. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Yaay!! :D I'm so happy that Billy has renewed his contract. Thanks for the info. :D

6. Rocky11

Rocky11 CSI Level One

:thumbsup:Yaaaaay,another year with Billy :drool: Thanks for the info ;)

7. hellogilbert

hellogilbert Prime Suspect

*Breathes HUGE sigh of relief*

8. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

Yesssssssssssssss :beer:
    So sweet.

Hope there was a clause in his contract saying "No on-screen beard-shaving -you grow a beard, you trim it ... and keep it" :D

9. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

From TVGUide.com OMFG!! I was shocked when I saw this....

Exclusive: Gary Dourdan Quits CSI!

With all the attention focused on William Petersen's successful contract negotiations, this ginormous scoopbit nearly slipped right by: Sources confirm to me exclusively that original CSIer Gary Dourdan — whose contract is also set to expire next month — has informed producers that he is leaving the show. Although a precise timeframe is not known, CSI's May 15 season finale could serve as Warrick's swan song.

Regarding Dourdan's exit, a CBS spokesperson says, "We can't confirm or deny this information."

This is the second major departure to rock CSI this season. As anyone with a pulse and/or access to TVGuide.com knows, Jorja Fox made her final appearance as Sara in November. The good news: Marg Helgenberger and George Eads are expected to follow Petersen's lead and re-up with the show.

Meanwhile, CSI execs aren't wasting any time searching for Dourdan's replacement. I'm told producers have put out a casting call for a new male series regular in his late twenties to early thirties to play Ray Santoro, a "handsome, smart and athletic" CSI who transfers from Henderson to join the graveyard shift at the Las Vegas crime lab.

10. allmaple

allmaple Judge

as much as a have liked warrick, i wont miss him. and i can understand gary wanting to leave. seriously, the last 2 or 3 seasons have felt like 'warrick? warrick who?'. i cant remember anything significant warrick has done in the last few seasons. and when they tried they failed miserable with cockroaches. must be frustrating to be on such a high profile show and yet have a part in it that is completely forgetable.

11. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Wow, well that was one actor, I really didn't expect to call it quits, but I do agree with what ALLMAPLE posted. It's kinda to bad that two main cast members have called it quits in one season, but CSI is strong enough to continue on (well at least in my eyes anyway), seeing they got Billy and Marg back for another season...and it sounds like they will have George.

All the best to Gary in his future endeavors!

12. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Wow this is certainly a surprise about Gary Dourdan. I've always liked the interaction that Nick and Warrick have had over the years. Now is this just a ratings ploy or is it true?

I just read what allmaple posted on the previous page and I have to agree with what she says. Gary's story lines have been non-existent.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I wish it was a rating ploy but that's highly unlikely. I think its a shame that TPTB and the CSI writers could do nothing for Warrick's character the past few yrs except give him a bad marriage and a divorce, addict him to drugs and accuse him of murder. They could have done so much but chose to focus themselves elsewhere. Quite frankly I do not blame him for leaving. I do not miss Sara but I will miss Warrick.

We know William,Marg, and George will be back but what about Eric? As usual he is not mentioned.

14. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Gary quit? I don't blame him, because he doesn't have a much of a part. What about Nicky? Who will keep him balance without his best friend? I always like Nick and Warrick working together. I hope Carol change his mind. I wouldn't be surprise Eric quit CSI, because he hasn't have a big story line since fifth season and last season of 3 episode or more, but he won't.

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

The following is from E Online:

The bolding is mine!

Looks like Marg and George haven't renewed their contracts. I really hope they both do.

I am so going to miss Gary and the scenes between Warrick and Nick. They were some of the best of CSI. Now their looking for another Nick type. I don't think so. I mean the "handsome, smart and athletic". Sounds like the description when they were casting Nick Stokes. Though I'm sure he wouldn't be like Nick. Maybe they will have these two butt heads, like they originally planned with Warrick & Nick.