CSI: NY Season 4 Spoilers! Discussion in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Elsie, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Yeah, Stella will be fine. There's already spoilers for her in upcoming episodes 417, 418, and 419. :)

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Awww...Flack's comment to Angell in the promo was so cute! The man's really busting a move! :lol:

3. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

I went to the CBS site to check if the new promo was up there - unfortunately it wasn't :scream: - and noticed that on there 4x15 is called 'Dead for a Day' instead of 'DOA for a Day'.

Does anyone know where the promo can be watched?

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I had a look on YT..new luck :( Unless I missed it!

5. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

For those who cant see the promo... what does Flack say to Angell?

6. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

And now, La Guera is going to get her peeve on.

I saw that Flack/Angell flirting in the CSI:NY trailer. Setting aside my grievances, it was hilarious to see Flack working his oddly bashful, clumsy game. It was cute and funny and OMG ~facepalm~

However...

It sucks, and not just because the PTB are hellbent on jinxing my OC mojo. Given the writers' gross mishandling of the DL debacle and their penchant for casting plotlines into the bowels of the Death Star with the fiendish, wattled glee of Emperor Palpatine, I have no faith that a Flack/Angell ship would be handled effectively. Either their scenes together would be overrun with entendre and unseemly bouts of who's got the bigger eyeball boner, or the PTB would drop the arc for months at a time.

Scenario 1: (Flack and Angell are standing over a corpse whose dead eyes are fixed and milky)

Angell: Wow, looks like our vic had one hell of a last sight before the lights went out.

(Flack ignores the stiff and lets his gaze linger over Angell): I can think of a few things he might've seen. (Google eyes)

(Five minutes later, Mac wanders in from getting his kit): What've we got, Flack?(pulls on latex gloves) Flack?

(With his l33t science fu, Mac detects mysterious grunts and thumps coming from the linen closet. Sensing danger and glad of a chance to play Super!Mac, he draws his weapon and advances on the closet.)

Mac: NYPD! Come out with your hands up!

(A moment later, he wrenches open the door to reveal Flack with his hands and his, er, nightstick up. Angell is beside him, lipstick smeared and skirt bunched around her thighs.)

Scenario 2: (S4; Danny and Flack are grabbing a slice)

Danny(around a mouthful of pizza): So, I heard you and Angell had a thing?

Flack(blushing): Yeah. We're havin' dinner at her parents' next week.

(S8; Flack and Stella are power-walking through the lab in the Strut for Truth.)

Stella: So, how're you doing, Flack? Managed to have a life outside this case?

Flack(snorts): Don't I wish? Jenn's been after me to take the squirts to Coney Island. Somethin' tells me I'm gonna be raking a lotta leaves and cleaning lots of gutters this fall.

(Stella gives him a sympathetic pat on the shoulder.)

See? Banal, jejune wads of suck interspersed throughout my fannish experience like chewing gum in my pubic hair or an unexpected buttplug rammed unceremoniously up my ass. It wouldn't be so bad if the writers had a modicum of talent, a sense of pacing, and a plan, but they don't. In his last interview Carmine admitted that he thinks they've dropped the big, fat, juicy Louie storyline for good because "too much time had passed."

Translation: The writers came up with a giant gobbet of dramatic tension good for that episode, but they couldn't muster the balls or the panache to carry it to a resolution. Not a satisfying resolution or a yeoman resolution, but any resolution at all.

He also said that the DL storyline would go "whatever the fans want."

Except for away, apparently.

So, we have bottom-of-the-barrel writers without a plan pandering to fickle fans who have one hand on the keyboard and one hand down their underpants.

I can't imagine why this show's Emmy case is as barren as a spinster's womb, can you?

This is not the formula for good TV. It doesn't matter how talented and charismatic Eddie and Emanuelle are; with that as their canvas, they might as well be painting with their own effluvium.

So, cute as Flack and Angell are, I don't want to see them doing the Humpty Dance. Just stick to what you're good at, PTB, insipid cases with illogical, outlandish conclusions and a cast of victims and villains that inspires nothing in the viewers but the pressing urge to take a long, cleansing dump.

NB: This rant wasn't directed at the OP, by the by. Just me putting on my wirehair underoos.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  7. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Please, please, please! Could you share those spoilers with me? I'm a die hard Melina/Stella fan and proud Smacker and i'd love to know what will happen to her

PLEASE!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Debbie;)

8. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

9. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

No worries, I didn't think that at all when I read your post. :)

In fact, I agree with you on a lot of it, especially:

Guess when I mentioned wanting more Flack/Angell, I should have added I only wanted it IF TPTB handled it very well and without resorting to cliche plots, eh?

Hear, hear! :lol:

10. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

11. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

12. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

I know! Not fair!

I love the action eps! SOOOO Excited for next week!

13. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Thanks for posting the link for next week's promo. :D

As for the Flack/Angell flirtation going on...They do look cute and Flack looks so bashful trying to flirt with Angell. I wouldn't want them ending in the sack for the sake of having some romance on the show. This is first and foremost a procedural show and yes, I agree that the way that D/L was handled is an ominous sign that things wouldn't bode well for this 'ship too. I don't think TPTB will give this one justice. D/L was so botched and so unnaturally forced upon us that I, too don't have much faith that this will turn out well.

14. Lonia

Lonia Witness

Thanks for posting the link to the promo. Some action always is good! And I like the line Flack says to Angell.

15. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Thanks for the link :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.