How many non-US peeps here?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Kat1974, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danistheman

Danistheman Prime Suspect

If it is THAT one , the 1 where his eyes are SOOOOOOO blue, then I'm not surprised you weren't able to concentrate on recording it. He is sooooo :drool: in that ad.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

:lol: Yes it does! I mod over at our sister board, TrekBBS, as well, and some things you can't escape--like ship call letters! :lol:

Yeah, I think Misc is the ideal place for the thread, so when it comes time for the new one, start it there and then link back to it at the end of this one so people can find the new one.

Sorry the thread title doesn't work! :(

3. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

I saw it in some random part of the NZ herald a couple of days ago, But thats not saying much.

Yeah, a scream :scream: of joy would run through my household when the trailer thingys start acoming on tv hehehe...

In reply to Nattys question:

I don't know exactly but I don't think they'd go to England, Mac wouldn't like it.

I can picture them going to the Gold Coast, to the theme parks. Danny screaming like a girl on the rides :evil:

or going skiing, Mac would ace it like usual and Flack and Danny would be like wtf?! I fell over on purpose. I dunno....

4. kiwifan

kiwifan Witness

I'm sure it won't be far away now... coz they're already advertising Bones starting soon, and CSI:NY is usually on about the same time... I'm really hanging out for it! Keep the fingers crossed ;)

5. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

*Smiles cheesily* Yay!!!! :D :D!!!!

I hope so! Because Wednesday nights are boring! (Yes my life does revolve around tv..okay i lie)

Well if doesn't come on soon...:brickwall:

6. Hannah

Hannah Rookie

Yeah, thats true. I can't wait for bones to start heee.

Matri, you have no idea how much my family gets P*ssed every time I get excited about CSI. I think my brother said something about euphoric to me? I dunno *shurg*

Awww. You should come back here. Haha and as this will be going to the misc. thread.. Where did you live? Im guessing Auckland or Wellington?

All good. I was kinda thinking the same thing for a while.. Oh yeah.. I am a semi Voyager fan too. My brother obsessed over it for ages and I think I caught on to it :p

Mine does :D Hehe. I'm on a bit of a high.. Sorry guys :lol:

I'm happy. The NZ part of Nattys list is slowly growing :) Its good to see some more NZ fans out there.

Oh and to Kiwifan. Not going all mod on your ass but you can't have text and a banner for you sig. Only one :)

7. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Oi!! If we move it to Misc we can't call it 'The World Meets NY' anymore. It's going to have to be open to all three CSIs. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Yeah, I saw that. Does't your profile say you're 6 on there? :lol: Or something like that...I haven't been over in a while. I was more of the techno/starship geeky kinda guy. :p

I know all the call letters...and I don't even know why. :eek:

Have we EVER seen Mac not be good at something? I think that's Illegal in the CSI fandom. Mac = superman = can do everything. Superman crumbles under kryptonite, but Mac's not bulletproof (at least...I don't think he is...even that's questionable). So... hmm... :confused:

I lived in Wellington. But I've been to Hamilton a few times. I love NZ. I literally died and came back to life when I figured out there was no L&P outside of NZ. :(

My brothers all roll their eyes when I start babbling about CSI:NY. But the weird thing is he's now tends to come into my room to ask if there are any new episodes yet. I have a new convert!! (He was a Miami guy before). :D

OT: Voyager rocked. But the ship itself was love. I'll shut up now.

I never saw CSI in NZ, I left the year it apparently came out. :eek: I'm an idiot.

kiwifan, Hannah's right. You're allowed either a 220x75 (max) image as your sig, or a simple text string. Not both. :)

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

My roommate was a big fan of it, too. I grew up on Next Gen/DS9, but I've probably seen about half of Voyager. Trek is good stuff. :D

Sorry, guys! Thanks for being cool about the move, though. And on the bright side, natty's list will probably end up being huge! And who knows, maybe you can convert some of the fans of those "other CSI shows" to NY! ;)

:lol: It probably does. I think I changed it ages ago to be funny or it got messed up in a server move. It's a fun board, especially if you like Trek/sci fi. Not a lot of CSI discussion over there, though! :eek:

9. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I'm still not that used to posting there. But you get the idea...new board...everyone is scary. :p

I hated DS9. I have no clue why. I liked NextGen, but I just couldn't watch DS9, it just didn't flow with me. I think it was because they weren't on a ship and I'm just a ship freak. :eek:

We'll make it our unofficial duty to convert people to NY :rolleyes: Now I have something to do...

10. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Haha, funny how the conversation in here has turned into Trekkie talk. I'm a big fan of Voyager myself. I grew up watching all the movies, TOS and TNG (had a big crush on Wil Wheaton! :lol:) since my Mom and older brother are Trekkies themselves. I used to watch DS9 occasionally. Voyager remains my ultimate favorite of the bunch. :lol:

11. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

Are you trying to say you weren't doing that before???:wtf::lol:

If you would all direct your attention to Carmine's finely sculpted glutes, you'll notice the hat in his pocket reads Canada and has a maple leaf on it :D

[​IMG]

12. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ok, well as we are now moving I gathered together the names that would work...

1) CSI:International

2) CSI:International...Non-US peeps!

3) Non-US peeps, Making a stand!

4) "The International Thread"

5) CSI:INT - The Non-US Peeps Show

Edit: WLN, I love the pic :lol:

13. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Ditto. Yay for Voyager!! Star Trek should make some kind of appearance on CSI:NY. Maybe make Flack a secret fan or something. And he'll play with the little toys go around his apartment tapping his little comm badge. :guffaw:

It's the early morning...my brain hasn't woken up yet. :p

I actually have converted a few people so there. Now I'm just explicitly announcing it as my intention :p

Umm, what exactly is Carmine signing? It looks like an ecclectic fruit bowl or a wall hanging. :p

Anymore names? Hmm...let's see.

I don't know why but I just got "Interpol's Back Yard" in my head. :eek: No idea where that came from...

14. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ok I found this on YT but wasn't sure where to post it so I decided to put it in here. Its a video that was made before Seaon2 but I've never seen it before... >>Clicky<<

15. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Looks a bit like 'peep show' which is just wrong... :lol:

Much better. ;) I like normal thread names that can then be found easily if people were to try and search for the thread at a later date, and if in Misc, without the word 'CSI' to avoid confusion. I also personally have a slightly irrational dislike for the word 'peeps'.

I've been having a look through the thread and wanted to make a few comments prior to the potential move to Misc. Basically Misc is for non CSI chat, which this mostly is, and we don't have an international thread as such at the moment. What Misc does have is an off-topic thread, for general randomness (hasn't been active for a while), and a number of individual country specific threads.

Also, have you thought about having a poll at the start, probably not with every country, but maybe by continent or something, and then ask people to say where they are from too, it would be a nice way in for new members to come, vote, and join in the thread. :) And, if you are asking how many people aren't from the US, it might be a good idea to find out how many actually are from the US too...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.