Ryan/Jon # 18: Why can't we cap our dreams?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by starzsgirl, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I have to say - he looked gorgeous...just not enough of him. I am sooo happy the Ryan spoilers were wrong for this episode.... There needs to be a new storyline with him at the center.....

2. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

OK, personally I thought this ep was boring and there wasn't much Ryan and what there was wasn't nothing. He was working the metal detector and the computer thingy for the pics, oh boy! It's like all Ryan does is walk around and see what everyone else is doing on the case. Then when they came up with the thing about the veil he said something like Boa was out so she could swing by and check out the place. WTF, why couldn't he do it? What was up with him and Delko? So now he's back he thinks everyone is against him or something? Great!

Kat, at first I was thinking that you were talking about a different spoiler for a different ep, but it was this one that said Stetler had a score board and Ryan made a mistake trying to get more credit. So that whole script thingy was wrong. Ryan didn't even interview anyone much alone have a words with Calleigh about there is no team its his job or w/e it said. Damn had me all upset for nothing! :klingon:

I agree he looked awesome. I liked the outfit he was wearing, a lot! :drool: Just by the time he hit the screen I had rolled my eyes so many times I could barely focus on him :brickwall:

3. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

I have to say, I've been very dissappointed w/Ryan's development over the past two seasons. That whole "gambling on the clock" thing - that was pretty much from left field. I had hopes things would get better after that TV show stint and that awesome ending in Season 5, but then he kind of stabs Nat in the back in Season 6 :wtf:

I don't get what they're doing w/his character - he was so sweet and likeable in the beginning. I loved Speed, but I warmed to Ryan quickly. But then suddenly he's causing trouble and doing stupid stuff and it's like, enough already. It seems like now the only way to keep him out of trouble is to limit his screen time. :( It was 24 minutes into last night's ep, and I was like, "where the hell is Ryan? Oh, wait, there he is, following Cal around with a metal detector! Wonderful!"

I think this show has too many characters — and while I love Frank and Nat, I don't necessarily like that they have to squeeze EVERYONE into an episode for at least two scenes - the chemistry is ruined that way. There's almost never more than two people in a scene - everything's all disjointed so that all the actors can get some screen time. And I think this is why Ryan's getting short-changed.

He needs a character arc - one that doesn't involve him messing up! How about his neice, or uncle or whatever? I'd like to see him get storylines like Danny does in CSI:NY. Or have him save someone. Togo's a great actor and deserves more than 5 mins. of airtime per episode. I'm really missing Ryan!

BTW - Twiztid4Togo - I like your Avatar - Just wondering, who's the kid w/Jon?

4. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

The episode could have been WAY better.
    More ryan at least!

I hope that the next episodes will be a lot better,
    give ryan more air time and hopefully develope somewhat a better storyline.
    it's not the best episode of Miami, but def not the worst, in my opinion...

I do agree that ryan looked amazing in the episode!

5. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I don't know who the kid is. I'm guessing he's a model. Eva had her daughter in some of the pics.

BTW, I agree w/ you too about Ryan's character developement and how it went down hill. As for him backstabbing Boa in the back. If you are talking about when he tesitfied about how she didn't handle the keys/ evidence right, I really don't think he had anything to do with it. I think it was the guy that was training her to shoot that told on her. I mean yes Ryan was going to prover her wrong, but I don't think he was the one that told she didn't handle the evidence right. I don't think he knew but that guy did. But that's JMO and the way TPTB are we'll probably never know the truth!

I agree it could have been worse, but I'm just tired of being so hyped up for an ep because of promo's, then BAM it's no where near as great as the previews make it out to be and a huge let down. It's been months since we've had csim and I really expected better being the first ep back. It's a shame if it was so bad because they rushed it. I would have rather waited a few more weeks to get a better ep and better writing/storyline. Come on the writers had all that time off. What did they do just forget all about the show and how to write? Do they need another strike? I mean come on they got more money so they should give a little more effort, right? My minds has a lot of :censored: thoughts right now!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  6. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

hm, maybe the writers just were rushed to write this episode? who knows.

Thats why sometimes i don't watch the previews because they make everything seem so intense and great then sometimes its a let down and not what you expect.

Hopefully the following episode(s) will be a lot better than this!!! *crosses fingers*!!

7. WolfeWhistle

WolfeWhistle Rookie

BAH! Spring Break is here, so I have returned! It has sucked not being on here for so long, so I'm glad to be back (I'm sure the strike had something to do with it too, but now we've got new episodes to discuss. Woot!).

Anyway, I'm glad CSIM is finally back. Pretty good episode last night, but Ryan-wise? Pretty blah. Not enough of him...like katelynn said, not the best, but not the worst.

He did look great, though! :)

There are TWO episodes next week, so hopefully it will be better.

8. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

Two episodes next week, seriously... what day aside from monday?!!

Welcome back! Hope you enjoyed your break!!!

9. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

monday and tuesday eps...don't know why seems silly to me. Why rush airing an ep on tuesday? I mean we get a short season as it is why give us two in one week.. I just don't like it.

10. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

Yah i know eh.
    i wonder why they are doing that.
    7 or 8 episodes are going to take 2 months anyways and thats generally WAY before the season ends, so are the expecting the season to end at the end of april?

Maybe they are rushing to get this season finished so they can release it on DVD, and make some money that was lost from not airing episodes for a somewhat of a long duration?!!

11. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Okay, did Jonathan Togo tick off the writers or something? :rolleyes: Seems like he's always the last one to show up, and has less screen time than the rest. I know that everyone has to share, but it seems like it's becoming a trend this year.

Anyway, the episode was okay. Nothing overly memorable. I'm sure if I'm asked what was on the first episode after the strike, that I probably wouldn't remember.

12. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I too was hoping for more Rayn time, it's quite over due IMHO. But then again it wouldn't be Miami if it wasn't showing all the girls in skimpy clothes, annoying editing and music. :rolleyes:

Hopefully he gets redeamed in next weeks 2 eps, otherwise there is seriously something wrong. Ryan has paid his dues and it's time for him to be part of the team again!!

ETA: There is a really nice pic of Ryan in the spoiler pic thread. :drool: :D

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  13. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

I agree, for some reason it still doesnt seem like he's apart of the team again after getting re-instated. There still feels like some sort of break between them and its makes Ryan look like an outcast among them. They need to do something that will bring him back into the team! Something exciting but nothing that gets him in trouble eventually :lol:

Im off to check out that pic!

14. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

that picture in the thread is amazing.
    ahhh yellow my fave colour. oh hes looking AMAZING in the upcoming episodes.
    looks like the break did him good (not saying he wasnt hot before---cos well we all know the answer to that)

15. churchmouse

churchmouse Witness

I love the picture too of Ryan, but there is one question I have.
    Doesn’t Ryan have a gambling problem? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.