Episode #614 - You May Now Kill the Bride ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I'm not giving anything way except this:
    At the beginning of the episode when Horatio was kneeling over the dead bride...the look on his face made me wonder if Horatio was thinking back to Marisol.
    Something about the look on Horatio's face and the way he was kneeling made me think back to Marisol. :(
    I actually felt sorry for Horatio. I wanted to reach thru the tv screen and give him a hug.

HINT: IF you haven't seen the end of this episode YET...WATCH the scenes from next week's episode. You'll be on pins and needles with anticipation after you see it. I know I am.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  2. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

That was a decent episode - of course they played up the whole "Marisol" thing, which I guess is kind of foreshadowing for the next two episodes.

I like that they used the old music at the end - I love that sad violin stuff!

It seemed like Ryan and Nat were kind of absent in this episode. I still don't think they know how to juggle the cast well. Ryan wasn't in the show until 24 minutes in, and Nat just got a couple of scenes.

But it was OK b/c, after 29 freakin episodes... get ready! H and Cal speak to each other - twice! Oh, and the end, w/him holding up the cell phone to her - dude, the tag team is back! Yes, Finally!

So next week...H goes to Brazil, Cal gets kidnapped and Ryan gets to play poker on the clock - without getting fired! :eek: (OK, I'm just guessing on that last one, based on the epi name ...but it was the usual hyped up preview). Stay tuned, kiddies. (Why do I feel like I'm watching an amped up version of the Flash Gordon serials when I watch the previews for this show?)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2008
  3. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

Yep. H looks like he's in serious trouble. I wonder how he'll get out of it.

Anyway, H looks like he's 90% human again. I hope he stays this way.

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Just a small reminder: Discussion regarding next week's episode should take place in the Spoiler Lab as it has yet to be aired. Thank you. :)

5. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

I think it's okay to talk about the episode now, because i think it's aired for everyone now. But if you haven't seen it and don't want to get spoiled, get out of here! The title in the thread clearly says 'Spoilers'! Humph.

For the first new episode of CSI Miami since the strike, I think it was pretty great. The main ship' of this episode was Calleigh&Eric. The best scene between them was the one where they're at the altar, and Cal puts on the diamond studded veil. It almost made me consider getting married. :lol: But Eric is right in front of her, and they're standing at the altar smiling at each other...it could make anyone's heart flutter. :rolleyes: Then Cal busts out with the one line- "If you tell anyone about this, I'll kill you." That was an awesome line.

And the scene with Eric and that pretty stripper? I laughed out loud soo hard. :guffaw: The look. On. His. Face. Is still in my head. *laughs* See there i go again. It was too perfect. :lol:

And the scene between the baseball playing guy (i can't remember his name) and Horatio. *sniffs* I was tearing up. How the baseball player was- oh wait i'll just call him the groom. :rolleyes: Oy. Anyways, how the groom was asking Horatio "Have you ever seen one of your loved ones die?" and "Right in front of you?" The look on Horatio's face, and how he responded was just...just...oh i can't explain it. I was tearing up, i kept on thinking of Speed but then i remembered that his fiance died too....so...

6. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Woops - sorry about that - just got a little carried away. I think I've been going through CSI:Miami withdrawal and just realized it tonight! I can't wait for the next episode! Again, my apologies :)

7. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

miami's back! And they know how to come in with a bang, that was pretty good. Love all the style of the eppy, and the ending was good! Ahhh...Eric is such a man ho :p

8. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

think it was great, as well, BUT things were hesitant sometimes-long lingering looks and taking it slow to rise from a chair-like they didn't have enough written dialogue or time to move around so they 'slow-mo'd' it to make it last...just that one little complaint since I know they must be filming like mad and running around trying to give us fans a decent season.
    Am totally wondering if Kyle will be back next week for the two-fer...seems like Julia certainly is..so this epi did hit us with some memories and that's good.

9. Jordananne

Jordananne Dead on Arrival

ladyjr8, I clicked on your spoiler button but no spoiler showed. Is it working?

I thought this was one of the better CSI's we've had in a long time, even before the strike. There were a few minor things that annoyed me, but overall, it's was a great episode. I loved the Calleigh/Eric scenes. I wish that Eric and Ryan could get closer again. And I really did feel for my poor Horatio.

As for the previews for next week, I literally did a happy dance. It looks so very good and very intense. I will be glad to see a lot of personal stuff going on with all the characters. It looks to be very good! AND 2 episodes...whooohoooo!!

10. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

Really enjoyed this episode. H seemed to show such emotion that he has in a while. Loosing Speed would still be first for me than this. The scene when the groom asks him, “have you seen someone you love die?” And then, “right in front of your eyes?” H gets chocked up and even though I don’t think he cried, he came very close to doing so.:( It’s been posted that this case brought up Marisol, but the groom’s questions probably brought up more than that. He has seen Marisol, Speed (Hunter your not the only one who thought Speed) and his brother die in front of him. And if you want to get technical, he saw Eric die in front of him too (but of course and thankfully Eric was brought back)

I was a tiny bit disappointed with the E/C moments. Even though knew the way the promos played wasn’t going to happen, part of me wanted more. At the same time it wasn’t a complete disappointment. I sooooo didn’t like the character Lexa Knowles. I was proud of Eric’s reaction to the hussy. And I couldn’t help but smile at the song playing when Calleigh was walking around the gentleman’s club. And Eric's smile with Calleigh wearing the veil~ just so good. :devil::drool:;)

Btw I have some unusual questions in regards to this epi. Call them odd observations if you want. Does Eric/Adam have more facial hair than before the strike? It looks soo good on him!!!:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: And in the beginning when the bride gets close to being done walking down the aisle there was a guy in a blue suit that resembles the guy who played Aaron Jessop (just with more hair). I know its not likely to be him, but he seems so familiar for some reason.

11. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I found the episode quite dull (and silly) in some parts and cheesy.

I enjoyed the Calleigh/Eric scenes but didn't enjoy the case too much itself. The whole controllable gun reminded me of the car in "High Octane" where the car was the murder weapon.

Calleigh did have the best lines, but overall the episode didn't do much for me.

And can we please get rid of the bad editing (the split screens please go away, this isn't 24) and I can't stand the orange anymore.

6/10.

12. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Tell me more about the scene in the strip-club, please... I don`t know when I will be able to watch this episode... Maybe if you have a clip or something...

And maybe we could have the tread for the next week episode(s)...

13. LilMissMaria

LilMissMaria Victim

Ok am I the only one that thoguht E/C were getting married. it seemed like that on the previews, those previews know how to twist things around :D Cant wait for next mon and tues eppys, woo hoo I have those days off .
    LilMissMaria

14. DuCaineluvr93

DuCaineluvr93 Witness

haha i have those days off 2 i cant wait for the eppys

15. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

i was really excited about it being back but the episode was kind of boring, the case was really blah. rich people gettin killed...the originality! and horatio only popped in every once in a while to say a one liner. calleigh was about the only one with anything interesting to say. i didn't even get a chuckle from frank.

at least theres the promise of next week.