How many non-US peeps here?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Kat1974, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Oh my, that's sad. :( I don't think I could stand watching a dubbed version of anything.

What does Hase mean again? My German is rusty, like really really rusty. :eek:

2. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Well, I'm sure, 'bunny' is an acceptable translation. Or 'hare', but this absolutely doesn't fit in my eyes. :lol:

Well, here we always have the dubbed version, and I'm used to it. I'm sure I'd be confused if they'd change that. :lol: But I just wish, they wouldn't change the meaning of the sentences so often, especially when some really good quotes get ruined because of that.

3. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Hare? What? Is Danny looking to make babies or something? :lol: I think them dubbers need to get their heads out of the gutter (or actually, no, leave them there). :p

Haha, it'd be funny if we saw them playing around like rabbits. :lol: What's cowboy in German? PLEASE tell me Lindsay didn't call him a cow in Cool Hunter,..

4. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^^ :wtf: 'Hase'? Who would come up with something so weird? :confused: The only possible reason I can think off is because of her 'bright eyes', but that's about it (and of course Liffy's baby-making option :p)

When does the dubbed version of Danny call her that? Is it whenever the original one calls her Montana? :cool:

And I'm sure when you don't know any better, watching everything dubbed doesn't bother you that much, but just like with the subs it is really annoying when they start to change the whole meaning of certain discussions, sayings, etc. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  5. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

:guffaw: No, she didn't. She called him cowboy. :lol: But you see- you can have a lot of fun with the German translation. I'm always excited when we get new episodes. I was really surprised about how they translated the note from 'Snow Day'. It was pretty good. One of the less times I didn't get mad! :lol:

6. Madsion_Louise

Madsion_Louise Victim

*waves the British Flag*

Heloooooooo i am from England i live in Essex

Madison-Louisexxx

7. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Thank goodness. I thought they might just skip the "boy" go straight from cowboy to cow. :eek: It isn't that hard to believe...I've seen some pret-ty bad dubbing in my day (and don't even get me started on subtitles).

My baby-making option's always open. But yeah...calling a Lindsay a Hare? (I prefer rabbit/bunny), seriously, the baby making option is the only thing I can think of. Maybe it's because she's pretty petite?

8. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yes. It's always when he calls her Montana in the original version. We didn't get much Montanas yet (in Zoo York, NWILL and Snow Day). And Lindsay doesn't call Danny 'Messer'. Like in Bad Beat (the walrus scene), she just called him Danny. And in ADOWAR, she called him 'my dear'.

Oh, yeah, I believe that, too!

I have absolutely no idea. Well, some people here in Germany use 'Hase' as a nickname. But in my eyes, it doesn't fit. I don't know where's the problem to just let him call her Montana. :lol:

*waves at Madsion Louise* Hey!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Hey guys...I just got back and am trying to catch up with everything so i'm going to keep it short and sweet....Hi to Brinchen, Verigirl and Madsion Louise and i'll be back soon ;) *natty updates list!*

Oh yeh and I was thinking... start thinking of ideas for the next thread ;)

10. rachaelm

rachaelm Witness

hey everyone, room for one more brit on here???

11. Hannah

Hannah Rookie

I know it's gay but hows about..

CSI: International - Non US Peeps.

I liked the non-us peeps thing from this threads name :D

12. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

Like the thread name. I have no imagination and can't think of one right now

Peeps is so gangs!

Yay hoping NZ will screen CSI:NY soon, it was mentioned in some freeview article thing and maybe that means it will screen in the not to distant future :D!

13. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

What about just "The International Thread" keep it nice 'n' simple. :)

But I like the CSI:International too though!

Welcome to the thread rachaelm! :D

14. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Definatly room for one more Brit, welcome rachaelm :D

I agree I love the 'Non US peeps' part ;)

I like:
    CSI:International...Non-US peeps!
    Non-US peeps, Making a stand!

15. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

You guys make me feel old. :lol: Guess I've gone past the whole gangz period. I'm no fun. :p

CSI:International - Where the World meets NY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.