Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Moriel21, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i like everything you said here. it's so true. i like the fact that you mentioned that maybe the reason Lindsay didn't tell Danny everything right then and there in LRC is b/c she didn't want to scare in off. after reading that i think that Lindsay was afraid to scare him off but also maybe she didn't want him to get too close so he couldn't see what she was going through. the relationship was still new and hadn't even really started yet so anything too emotional or deep and sad would have been too much.

that curveball from NWILL to LRC was tough. i remember being all happy and couldn't wait to see what D/L would be like after the hug. i was a little upset with the writers for doing that but in the end i think it was good. both Danny and Lindsay got things off their chest they needed to about each other. Lindsay saying "i like you... a lot" wasn't like she was saying they'll never be together. Danny likes Lindsay enough to give her the space she needs to sort out and wait for her when it's all done. i can imagine what they said to each other being very difficult for the both of them to get out.

maybe i'm like the only person that didn't have a huge problem with LRC. i knew that D/L would end up together somewhere, somehow in time. they got/get a lot of buzz that there was no way the writers were not going to hook them up. and besides wanting to know why Lindsay stood Danny up and then told him they couldn't be together at the moment made the eps and the season so much fun to watch.

i said this a while ago possibly on this board: for these two it seems to be the thrill of the chase. they flirt and banter and give each other cute grins but they're just out of reach of the other (well in this season and all the scenes prior to SD).

2. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Wow, I'm such an intelligent person. I wondered why I couldn't reply. Well, maybe should have thought about that this is only possible when I'm logged in. :confused: :lol:

Oh, yeah, that's what I'm always doing, too- thinking pessimistic. But actually I don't worry about that anymore. I'm sure, they won't make them break up. They created them, I'm sure they know what they're doing. After all they had to go through, they'll deserve some happy and nice and romantic scenes.

I loved the scene from SooH, where Danny thought he saw Lindsay walking through the lab, but it was another woman. How damn cute was that?! I love scenes like this. And it just showed- he couldn't stop thinking about her the whole time.............................

That's what I thought, too.

When I finally saw LRC (which was a year after it was aired for the first time), I already knew that they'd be together, and I knew what'd happen in SOOH and SD. But the scene in the hallway anyway broke my heart.

3. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

When you look at what Danny verbally said (not meant), at the end of the episode, where he says all he wants is for them to have a few drinks and laughs, I think that may also give some insight into why Lindsay pushed him away.

Face it, she had (alot) of baggage at that point. If I was in Lindsay's shoes, I'd probably figured Danny to be someone who wasn't particularly interested in having that many strings attached. He wanted some fun, but I think inside she feared that when he found out about her past, he'd turn right around. She didn't know the depth of his feelings for her, and he probably didn't either. I may be the only one, but I thought his "just a few laughs and drinks" line was totally fake and some kind of last attempt at convincing her that it wasn't a bad thing for them to be together.

Kinda get the feeling that they both wanted more, the exact same thing, but each had their own reasons for pulling back.

I am SO glad that all of that is over though :) Now we get to watch them together and giggle everytime they're in the room together because you just know they're at their limits trying to not jump each other at every given moment. hehe :lol:

It could work at the start of an episode too. The four of them are having dinner or something (and all four of them are on call) and they all get the call at the same time. It's not that big of a scene anyway; they could just have the four of them in a booth somewhere laughing, with the guys' arms around their respective girls and all of a sudden there's a chorus of beeps (I have to state here that I get angry and annoyed every time Mac's phone goes off. I just hate that ring tone :p ) as their phones go off. :)

See? Not that big a deal is it? We should so get that scene! I want that scene!

I don't have that big of a problem with it. I just wish the writers would tie up some lose ends. A perfect way that I could think of if we see Danny randomly asking her if she's gotten anymore calls from Montana he should be aware of - as a joke or something. At least we can make the connection that it was the primary cause for LRC.

The more I talk about the episode, the more I love it. Dang it.

4. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

LRC I could never really understand it was like something clearly happened after NWILL and the hug I always felt it was a Danny didn't want to let her go home alone and they just talked... as friend and he went out with the test the waters see if she wants to go out for dinner.

I actually felt for Danny in the conversation though was just painful watching him get his hopes up then kinda fell apart. It was a wierd scene because we don't see as much after that TPTB kind of think yeah come back to that later. I would have least liked something more not sure what though.

I was always curious as to when Danny found out about the Trial and all of that, I guessed in SOOH he did know but I would have liked to see when he found out can only assume he asked Mac or possibly Stella.

5. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^If I were him, I'd have hunted everyone who knew the story down after I got that card from them. I can't see Danny just sitting at a desk with the card in his hand, smiling to himself.

He probably went to look for answers. When Hawkes asked if she's not going to say goodbye to Danny, I had this small feeling that he knew more than he let on (She may have explained it to him after Silent Night, since that much she owed him). I can imagine Hawkes telling Danny the story.

But yeah, I do wish we could have seen Danny's reaction to finding out about Lindsay's case. I figure a little relief (that he knows it's not him) and a little angry that she wouldn't confide in him, but he understands why, and an overwhelming need to give her a hug. :)

6. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Yeah I can see either Hawkes or Stella telling him, I can't see Lindsay telling him which is wierd. I guessed Hawkes knew or at least knew part of the story enough for him to ask her why she didnt say anything to Danny.

I always pictured he went to ask Stella about the card being the Female and thinking all women talk to each other after he saw them earlier.
    I think first thoughts would be call her then think no cant do that then kind of think why hasnt it been said earlier.

I always thought aswell he did call her during the time, or at least tried and said he wished he could come out.

7. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Yeah, I can't see Lindsay telling him either. Maybe it's the way the whole storyline was approached but I kinda liked her not telling him. Don't get me wrong, I still believe Danny deserved to know something. In a perfect world, I would have been happy if Lindsay had told him a little but not the entire story so he knows something but is still kept out of the loop somewhat.

I just realised that no one really likes to tell Danny things do they? The poor guy. Even Flack knew about Mac and Peyton before he did (Lindsay probably did too). :p He's always the last to know about everything. TPTB needs to stop picking on him.

I can picture Danny trying to call her but hanging up before the call goes through everytime. Mostly because he doesn't know what to say. After all, Lindsay is stil unaware that he knew the whole story (or the majority of it). But I like that he totally surprised her when he arrived in the courtroom which leads me to believe that she had no inclination of knowing how much Danny already knew at that time.

Plus, Danny all lost and daydreaming about Lindsay was adorable. He was probably muttering her name in his sleep too. :p

8. JenP

JenP Police Officer

I'm here Gaelen! I won't disappear anymore. Promise. As long as you keep posting great pics!

Speaking of disappearing: where is Mo? :wtf:

If you compare it to real life, it doesn't make sense at all. I mean, I'm always telling people everything too soon (don't do that, BTW...:p ), but telling the man you're madly in love with nothing about your past? Nah, doesn't work for me. But we all know the reason why this storyline has been chosen (Anna's pregnancy).

No, they don't. It's so much fun looking at Danny finding out someone's messed with him :guffaw:

Maybe you should check with his landlord if there were any complaints from his neighbours... :guffaw:

9. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Well, here I am, with a few little tidbits for you all!

Episode name is "Personal Foul" Keep in mind, this is future spoilers and things are subject to change before airtime. Anyway, as this spoiler is D/L related, I shall post about it, but for additional info go to the spoiler thread here. The case begins at a basketball game, where Danny and Lindsay are watching, while they are on a DATE! The date is interrupted by a murder, and Danny and Lindsay end up working the case. Finally, a date! I'm just relieved by the fact that they are still together after the drama of 4x16 and 4x17, and apparently are able to weather whatever the near future holds for them.

10. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

FINALLY!!! Thank you TPTB! *bows and gives them a plateful of yummy cookies* A basketball game, eh? Sounds pretty neat. *lightbulb* Maybe we'll see Danny's arm around the back of her seat! Oh man, that would be so incredibly awesome. And squee-worthy! Great to hear that Danny, Lindsay, and Flack are working together. I love when they are on the same case - the laughs are endless. Hopefully this will put an end to all the love triangle rumours, especially since this episode closely follows 4x17, which will apparently hold the confirmation scene. But we already knew they were together ;)

11. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

*comes in snatching the last of Bella's chocolate easter eggs* [​IMG]

Wow, so many and such nice long posts to read through...SQUEEE :p

Well, I don't know how it really started either, but I love the whole discussion and reading everyone's opinions about that ep. I do believe it's one of the most discussed eps among D/L shippers, because like you said it was important for the development of their relationship; there was imo so much potential to become one of the best eps ever and because of the writing/editing it ended up being one of the weirdest :eek: - there was no built up, the drama just started and after that hall way scene one may expect that they will be looking back at that moment or discussing it later on in the season, but that just didn't happen. :scream:
    Yeah, I got that feeling too. It was like we were watching two people, each afraid of opening up to the other not knowing that whatever feelings they were surpressing was exactly what the other was feeling too.

^ :wtf: LOL, okay now I start confuzzling *giggles* ;) too

I like that! That's one of the main reasons that I like shipping D/L so much too...After each ep I cannot wait to come in here and see what others have to say about the ep...:)

That's true, although they both have a hard time with this situation, they both know what the other is dealing with and why he/she is not able to talk at a certain moment or about a certain subject, but they know that if they stick together they'll pull through. :cool:

That's yet another one of those moments where everything is left to our imagination :brickwall:. Did he call her after he got the card? Did he ask someone else? Did someone (perhaps on Lindsay's request) tell him about what was happening? He had seen her say goodbye to Mac and Stella and when he began to have visions of her because he'd been losing sleep, Mac seem to know why and Stella did tell him that she spoke to Lindsay, so we can only assume that he was probably informed by either one of them. Would've loved to have seen his reaction though. :mad:

And Liffy, flying across the continent certainly qualifies as an overwhelming need to give her a hug..:p

Yeah, leave that to us...:guffaw:

Yeah *does big happy dance* Finally a lot of the things we have been hoping for combined - there's a date, some bantering about the game (got that bit from the spoiler thread) and the date is interrupted by work. So this most likely means that my assumption that Rikki will make one last appearance to force Lindsay to finally open up completely to Danny may be right :cool: I'm happy, this would be such a great episode

Txs Catey! :) I alway get so excited when I see a post from you containing a spoiler box (or button nowadays :rolleyes:)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  12. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

OMG - a date !!!!! Thanks for letting us know Cate. we were all waiting for confirmation and it looks like we are finally going to see them together as a couple... on a date - SQUEEE!!!!!!!

And here is my twopenneth on the old LRC debate... I don't really have a problem with this episode because I love the great angsty scene :devil: I think Lindsay was right not to rush into things with Danny at that time. Most people would have done the same thing. And she tried to explain that it was her, and not him. And I agree that Danny was downplaying how he felt regarding his intentions, he probably did not want to scare her off by revealing the intensity of his emotions. It is still one of my favourite DL moments despite the angst.

Dutch - I love the easter animation :lol: Glad you liked the chocolate!

And I think that my signature is working again? :)

13. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Hi Guys I back I said I would be once I'd watched NY!

And I'm offically in love with NY again I forgot how great the show was and how much chemistry Danny and Lindsay have!! :D

WOW! man I'm not gonna pretend I read through all those post but I had a quick glace ;)

Okay so I was watching "Child's Play" yesterday, I kinda expected more D/L interaction because of the Case and all but it didn't happen but I guess its for the best....I could really see for the first time how much Lindsay actually cared for Danny...I mean Danny was so support of Lindsay when she was having a tough time so Lindsay really wanted to do the same for him...

*Hugs Danny* - I really felt for him in this episode....It was an all round awesome eppy! :)

Okay I'll shut up now :lol:

14. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

After extensive discussion with Dutch, I have decided to spoil myself for the rest of the season because I'll be talking to myself again in the thread whilst you all are discussion DLicious spoilers. I want in. :D (for the remainder of the season anyway).

First of, I feel so weird posting in a spoiler box. :eek: Secondly, thanks Catey for posting the spoiler; you are the spoiler queen :) Thirdly, SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I'm glad I pre-recorded that because I'd be losing my voice by now if I hadn't.

I'm guessing by the setting of the date, that the angst is over, which means whatever Rikki was here to do is done and over with. Lindsay's monologue must have done something good if we get our prayers answered. (TPTB is just deathly afraid of my skillets, that's all). I'm glad we're going back to the happier times between them. The drama is finally over and hopefully doesn't come back till late next season :D DL deserves some normal couple time until something comes their way again; like the frustration of choosing new bedsheets for Danny to replace the one they tore. :)

I think at the time, he thought he was downplaying his feelings. I doubt he knew to what extent though because it seemed to me, personally, that he hadn't quite grasped that he was slowly falling in love with her. To him, I think he still believed it was just a meaningless crushed that he wanted to indulge in abit. Now he knows better :)

*hands Dutch some more chocolate before she goes chocolate-crazy* :guffaw:

It's so frustrating to watch that. You just feel like getting up and yelling at them. "SHE LOVES YOU TOO YOU IDIOT! JUST KISS HER ALREADY!!" :p

*pets Danny* The poor guy. They never give him a break. Let's pretend-kidnap him and let him stay at home with Linds for a few days so they can catch up and make babies-I-mean love. :)

The guy's lucky enough to not need to go through immigration to go give her a hug. I would have kicked him between the legs if he hadn't. :)

15. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Aw, Liff, you finally broke your spoiler ban! It was a valiant effort, but my spoiler boxes finally got to you!

Anyway, I'm finally getting around to answering Stuffy's question which was

What does shipping DL mean to you? How does it affect you emotionally and psychologically?

Shipping means a fun time(most of the time) to me. Speculation, squeeing, spoilers, just everything combined makes it fun. Then there is that small percentage of the time where I wonder why I ever began shipping to begin with, where I'm so frustrated that I almost promise never to bother shipping again. Then, I get over it, move on and ship all over again. I met some great people through shipping D/L, and wouldn't trade that for anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.