Speed/Rory #17: 'Just Because You Can't See Something...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Welcome *Need4Speed*! Yes, we have a Need4Speed, and a NeedforSpeed here, but come to think of it, I haven't seen either in a while.

Many people in this thread freely admit to similar things, so don't feel too bad :lol:

Hope to see you around!

2. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

Thanks :thumbsup: She was supposed to be doing a second show the following night but cancelled due to laryngitis (sp) and has rescheduled for the 8th April. I couldn't go to her show on the 15th March as I was already goin' to another show, but now I can go so I'm going to have to keep my eye on Ticketmaster to see if any extra tickets get released. Oh and BTW I'm on the right of that picture, her left lol.

Welcome to the Thread/Boards. Don't worry about the not being able to see LS again, I can't either. I have S3 Box Set on DVD and it has only had one airing on my TV. Its gathering dust in a drawer seperate to all my other DVD's I can't even bare to look at the cover haha.

So has anyone been checking out the imdb page/forums for 'Public Enemies'? There is looooads of buzz about it all. They commenced filming on Mon 17th March in Wisconsin. I've been googling it and there are soooooooo many articles on it and pictures from filming but its majorly Johnny Depp heavy, not that I'm complaining.....who doesn't like 'The Depp' but there isn't a single shred of anything on Rory, no pictures, no sightings no nothing. But I guess in time.....us RC fans know all about patience haha. There was even something in one of the daily tabloids over here about Johnny Depp sporting a new haircut shooting his new film in Wisconsin.
    Anything I do here or see on the Rory front I will of course bring its straight over here :bolian:

Oh and I hope everyone has a joyful Easter.....don't eat too much chocolate hehe

3. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

welcome *Need4Speed* i hope you enjoy it in here! and no worries about not watching lost son, like mentioned already its a pretty general thing in here for us to get emotional over our speedle ;)

^^yeah johhny is rocking a new short do, i think its nice, i like my boys clean cut. but back on topic, hopefully we'll get some pics of rory too and i'm just super stoaked hes getting to be in such a high profile movie. this time i might actually get my friends to go see one of his movies with me ha.

4. Jenna_Caine

Jenna_Caine Police Officer

Lol, nope! I'm here, sometimes, too, and I just turned 18. I just don't hang out on this thread as much as on a couple others, don't really know why...

I mean, duh, I love Speedle, and I love Rory Cochrane, I just... don't come to this thread quite as often as I'd like to... :sweatdrop:

5. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

I'm 16. I just don't act like it.

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Welcome *Need4Speed*. :D I'm glad you've joined us!

The first season is great. I miss the days when I'd sit down and go through these episodes I'd never seen, it was fun discovering the show--especially with Rory in it. :) Don't feel bad that you're not up on all the movies or seasons, there are plenty here who've only seen Miami or who've only seen a few episodes of a season here and there.

^^ It's weird that it displays that his mom was on an earlier episode. I tend to agree that it was probably cut out, which isn't too great because it would have been some great development. It's a shame we met his parents through his 'death'.

Oh and June, Kelly's awesome! Glad you were able to go to her concert. Also, that's great that "PA" is getting a lot of press and attention. I mean, of course, because it's Johnny Depp but like Ashley, I might finally get some people to go with me to see the movie. Go Rory!

7. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

I know what you mean about gettin' people to come to the cinemas. My best friend is a huge Johnny Depp fan so thankfully she will be first in line to acompany me to see the movie the day it opens. I showed her the IMDb page the other week and she got all excited at JD's name at the top of the credits and I was like scroll down :drool: and she was like 'Oh Rory:rolleyes:'

Although that friend is the same friend who saw Right At Your Door advertised before a film she went to see a couple of years ago, liked the look of it and then went to see the film for herself when it opened.....without me :lol:

Although it is bugging me that Rorys character hasn't been confirmed. But reading the various sources people seem to think he might play J.Edgar Hoover (Even I've heard of him) lol as the actor hasn't been cast (or confirmed) to play hoover, and from what I understand as the head of the FBI during John Dillingers era Hoover is a pretty big role in the film and Rory seems to be one of the only main actors who's role isn't confirmed

8. *Need4Speed*

*Need4Speed* Victim

I would be awsome if Rory could get a huge role like that...As for getting my friends to go and see it with me, all I have to say is that Johnny Depp is in the movie and they'll jump through hoops for me:guffaw:. Of course I won't tell them that I need to see it because Rory is in it...I love having such complete control over my friends...

9. CSI_DannyFan

CSI_DannyFan Victim

Hi.Love Speedle.He was my fav CSI guy.I miss him.:(

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Welcome to the Speed thread, CSI_DannyFan. :)

Your post reminded me..yesterday, my Dad was browsing through the channels and came upon CSI:Miami. Well, a few hours later when I went and sat down, my Dad says:

"Hey, Miami was on earlier. It was the one where your boyfriend got shot."

:lol:

My poor old Dad recognizes 'Lost Son' when he sees it. That either speaks to how obsessed I am or how much I didn't realize my Dad knew about the show, heh. I had to give him props for actually knowing who Rory Cochrane was.

Which reminds me again...my Mom was upstairs the other day and she called down, saying that she found 'A Scanner Darkly' on one of the movie channels. The conversation went like this:

Mom: That Scanner Darkly movie's on upstairs.
    Me: Are you watching it?
    Mom: Are you watching it?
    Me: I didn't even know it was on.
    Mom: So watch it.
    Me: But are YOU watching it?
    Mom: No, I'm watching the Food network.
    Me: *facepalm*

It was sad, very sad. At least my Dad watched a few seconds of Miami. :lol: And I find it strange how I'm never in the room whenever my parents find a Rory-related show/movie.

That's weird that he hasn't been confirmed. Hm, J.Edgar Hoover--that's interesting. I honestly can't see him in that role but it would be totally different from anything else he's done, so in that respect, I like it.

11. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

At least your parents know who he is :lol: Mine haven't got a clue.

Rory's roll still hasn't been confirmed? *is impatient* I agree, Geni, Hoover would be a different roll for him, which is great, but I have to admit, I'm kinda hoping for Mob!Rory :lol:

I just noticed that IMDb says they're filming in Chicago. My mom just had a business trip there. I should have gone with her and tried to find them while she was in meetings :p

12. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

welcome CSI_DannyFan!
    yeah, same him my mom alays calls him cory, i have to tell her his name constantly its get very tiring ha.
    i'm going to echoes everyone else and say that sucks hes not confirmed yet, they producers or writers or whoevers in charge need to get the show on the road already. hoover would definitely be the more interesting character mostly, like you all i definitely don't see him playing that. he could rock it though.
    me too, that would be so bad ass.

13. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

thats funny! my dad is the same way when it comes to Speed. most of the time its "Hey! you're boyfriend is on TV!" or "hey! its the dummie who didn't clean his gun!" he says that just to annoy me...

14. NeedForSpeed

NeedForSpeed Victim

Tadaaaaaaaaa.... Someone calling my name? Here I am... :p

Yeah... the damn patience-thing... I'm not patient... not at all... So I already found something on the Internet - Rory sightings:

Rory's obviously a regular guest at "Tavern on Rush" :lol:

I spy . . .
    Rocker Kid Rock at Japonais Sunday . . . Oscar winner and Chicago native Jennifer Hudson at 10pin Bowling Lounge Saturday night bowling and eating chicken quesadillas . . . Actors Rory Cochrane and Stephen Dorff at Tavern on Rush last Monday . . . French actress/Academy Award winner Marion "La Vie en Rose" Cotillard dining at Rosebud Steakhouse on Walton last Sunday.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/835455,CST-NWS-SNEED11.article

ACTRESS DREW Barrymore, boyfriend Justin Long and actor Rory("CSI: Miami," "Public Enemies") Cochrane had drinks at Tavern on Rush last Sunday and visited with the management and staff. Drew was on Oprah'sshow Monday and donated $1 million to the World Food Program.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/foster/828431,CST-NWS-stella06.article

And I found the information that Rory probably is playing Phil D'Andrea... don't know if it's true... :confused:

Best wishes from Austria,
    Conny

15. TTC

TTC Victim

IMDb says that Mrs Speedle was in the episodes "Lost Son" (which we probably all know) and it seems that she also was on "Ashes To Ashes". I should watch that epi again. I can't remember if she was really on it. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.