The photos of the day!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BlueCurl, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

future_cop
    + I like the odd angles the bicycle parts are in. A very interesting concept.
    - That car in the background is very distracting, and it would have been better if you would have panned out just slightly to give the bottom tire some breathing space.

Here's mine for today :)

[​IMG]

2. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

Gaelen
    + Is that another from your back yard? I am jealous, I wish I had a back yard that beautiful. I like the hint of a stream in the rocks. Interesting color combinations in the different rocks.
    - it almost looks like there was some movement, maybe if you had taken the photo a little further back then cropped it to the composition you want the focal length would be longer.

Mine for today, I saw this flower and was amazed that flowers could be so dark.

[​IMG]

Just a little heads up, on the first of April starts the month long Tulip Festival around here so I will be taking a lot more tulip pictures :lol: Also I am going to a zoo with my family in a couple of weeks. Just a forewarning ;).

3. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Amy777
    + Love the colours; the dark purples stand out really well against the bright green of the background.
    - That annoying, distracting stem to the left is, well, annoyingly distracting.

Here's mine for today:

[​IMG]

Re:Amy777

Yes, that's another shot from my backyard. We've got this rockpool area thingy on either sides of the pool, and it's fun to take pictures there, especially when it rains. :)

4. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Gaelen
    + The contrast between the colors is very eye catching.
    - There are some spots, like the shadows and on the shoes, that are grainy.

Random flowers from my aunt's greenhouse.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  5. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

I don't have photo to share right now, but I just had to comment on the picture above-

wolfesgamergirl
    +I love shots like this, and I like that the petals are soft yet you can still see the detail of them. The contrasting yellow middle makes the flowers really stand out, and you got that part nice and sharp.
    - Haha I have nothing negative to say, except I wish it was bigger. This is the sort of picture I'd have on my wall.

6. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I can make you a larger size, LeAnne, when I get home form my aunt's house today. :) And thanls for the lovely words. :D

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Positive: The details are very nice and eye catching.
    Negative: The red hurts your eyes after a while.

Here's my photo that I took down in El Golfo, Mexico back in January.

[​IMG]

8. future_cop

future_cop Lab Technician

+It's a very unique picture it's actually quite calming
    -The uneven blue space is distracting and taking attention away from the bridge(?)

Heres mine for today a rose from my grandmothers garden
    [​IMG]

9. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

+I like how the light flower pops from the darker green leaves.
    - The chain fence is a little distracting.

Here's London Bridge, doesn't all they grey sky and horrible murky water make you want to cry, haha the bridge itself is still pretty impressive :)
    [​IMG]

wolfesgamergirl
    I'd really love it if you could do me a bigger version of that pic, it's fantastic :) Thank you :D

10. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

CalleighD
    + I love how "scenic" and touristy the picture looks. Kinda like something you'd find on a postcard.
    - Unfortunately (curse you UK weather!) the colours are a slight bit bland. Maybe if you adjusted the contrast slightly would give a better outcome.

Here's mine for today:

[​IMG]

11. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Gaelen
    + The bright colored rock draws the eye to the otherside of the photo, forcing the viewing of all.
    - The over all photo isn't sharp, especially around the larger rocks.

Pure bordem at my aunt's house. I've working on the new ones.

[​IMG]

12. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

wolfesgamergirl
    + Love the colours you captured in the photo (no idea why, I'm a winter guy).
    - The power lines are kind of a distraction.

Here's mine for today: A picture I took during my last trip to the National Park.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  13. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

Galen
    + What a wonderful picture. The gradient look of the sky, the contrast between the tree and the ground of the desert and the water that the animals are around. So many things to look at and "explore." Interesting enough I can tell you what animals are at the watering whole (fringe eared Oryx, and Grant's Gazelles). It makes you feel like you have been there. Such a wonderful example of a "commentary" picture. I really like it.
    - The only negative thing that I see, I wish it were larger so I could see the details better. This is the kind of picture that asks to be blown up to wall size so a person could stand in front of it and explore every inch.

Mine for today, I don't usually take pictures of people unless it is for "snapshots" of my family, I got this one and I sort of fell in love with it. My niece, Kaylee Anne, is about 9 months old, during her last visit I took this picture. I thought it looked like she was doing a yoga pose. Just moments after the picture she pushed herself under the futon that she is in front of and needed a "Mommy (or Auntie) reset."

[​IMG]

14. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Re: Amy777
    If you would like, I can change the link to the full sized picture. It is actually pretty big, I scaled it down. :)

EDIT: Link changed

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  15. Roosey

Roosey Captain

^amy77,
    + this is a cute picture, a really sweet snapshot. The point of view is good! We have got a clear look at the baby.
    - the combination of the floor and the blanket (?) is distracting.

Here's mine for today:

*click the link, photobucket doesn't allow me to post a thumbnail...*

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e294/Jorja-admirer/DSCF1026-1.jpg