Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Moriel21, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audacity

audacity Pathologist

Welcome, Salean, Vertigirl, and Shazza. Good to see Brinchen and Kcatlin here too. :)

What makes you connect psychologically or emotionally to D/L?
    Maybe it is because they are just something different on TV. I don’t know that they help me escape from real life, you cannot escape real life, but they are an enjoyable diversion---something enjoyable to watch that is not the same old thing. I like the idea that they don’t jump out as two people that are exactly compatible in terms of personality and backgrounds. I don’t see either person necessarily going for the other one(Maybe Danny would go for more of a tough NY girl in leather and Lindsay for a more conservative executive), but that is what makes D/L so much more appealing. On the other hand, they are just so cute, that one can’t help but ship them together. People who are completely alike bore me (am I Kendall suddenly?). Yet in some of ways they are similar---which doesn’t detract away from the fun. I think that they were both two people in search of someone else---someone to share their life with, and they are also physically appealing in their own ways---maybe not in the outstandingly beautiful category, but cute and natural. (And sorry people, but I’ve never bought the idea that Danny is God’s gift to women---if he’s hot it’s because Carmine’s sensuality and animal magnetism have come to the surface---season one, the Danny character wasn’t as sexy in a suit and tie.)

Traditional couples that are gorgeous---well I see traditionally ‘acceptable’ beautiful people all the time, so I‘m not always searching for that in these two. Danny has ‘raw ’ New York appeal and Lindsay has a cute, fresh style. I suppose they could have gone with another angle for her character, maybe something more like Anna’s ME character, Eva , http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f40/audacity121/AB_MI101_28-1.jpg but that would have changed the dynamitic of the relationship. In short, they have all the things that make for something different on TV. It’s nice and makes many people feel good about TV love (and some not so good---that happens). *pic found at pastmyshoulder.com*

Love Run Cold:
    Again, I am in left field compared to everyone else on this issue. But Love Run Cold was a pivotal episode for D/L. We may have not liked the fact that Lindsay brushed Danny off, and that D/L didn’t start dating yet, but there a little more deepness to the relationship than ever before.

What I didn’t like:
    Lindsay standing Danny up. That’s no way to treat anyone, especially a person you care about. I also didn’t like that the relationship was left at a standstill. Nevertheless, you have to understand the circumstances behind the situation.

What I did like:
    I did like that Danny was persistent and that he needed answers from Lindsay. He could have just gotten mad and stayed away(and rightfully so), but instead he opened up to her. She then opened up to him that she liked him. This did give us concrete answers to how they had been feeling about each other. The one thing that the writers failed to deliver was a solid reason for why Lindsay would suddenly go OCC and do such a thing. I tend to believe it is because she found out about the trial in Montana and panicked. Instead of showing her vulnerability to Danny, she pushed back her finer feelings, not sharing her problems with him. In some ways, maybe she didn’t want to drag him into a relationship with her in such a depressed state, and that is why it was probably best to follow that route. Who wants to hook up with someone that is distraught? Not fun. :eek:

Cowboy Liff said: Sorry to say, but I'm getting tired of this whole Rikki business. If you think about it, I mean REALLY think about it, it's stupid. Danny's not a prostitute, therefore he isn't going to give Rikki sex to pay for his mistakes and make her feel better. Seriously. If TPTB did the whole Rikki thing, he's nothing better than one and said word I will label him for the rest of his life….Seriously, I think Danny means more to TPTB then that.
    If they are going for that, he might as well quit his job and stand on the steps of the Met with a sign “$50.” You know they used comfort women (probably still do) in wars to help soldiers with their ‘needs’. But I seriously doubt that they fell in love, or became better soldiers or men. People turning to each other in a crisis might be one thing, but conjuring up a sexual relationship is not the way to make it through the grieving process. It sure the hell isn’t a good way to start a relationship. Both characters deserve better than that. Hopefully, they wouldn’t bring Rikki in for the purpose of splitting D/L up or as a momentary distraction. She seems like a nice, decent person, and in order for her to come to terms with her son’s death, she needs to grieve…kick and scream and fight if need be, but she doesn’t need comfort sex to help her make it through. And Danny would not take advantage of a grieving mother. He is more respectful than that. Things do happen suddenly with people during rough patches, but that doesn’t mean the writers have to go there. Keeping it classy would be the way to go….there’s drama and then there’s poorly done drama. Plus, say Danny and Rikki did start something, it’s doubtful that it would be a happy relationship---it would be based on two people getting together during a time of distress and pain. Not a fun, joyful, inspirational type relationship. Just couldn’t see Rikki saying something like “If Rueben hadn’t died, we would have never gotten together.” Blah. In some ways, she must still be a bit hurt that Danny may be to blame for what happened---even if he wasn’t, but who knows how someone might feel. And I am not saying this just because I’m a D/L shipper, look at my thoughts on LRC. Lindsay getting together with Danny while suffering? That would not have worked, neither will this. Plus everyone’s always talking about this being a crime show, then why would they focus on this situation along with Mac’s supposed new love interest as well as the other flirtations on the show? Stay tuned, we might be in for a bumpy ride. Drama, drama, drama. Anyone else just like to see Danny get over s**t? It was not fun seeing Lindsay so depressed either, so it really isn‘t fun seeing this kind of drama happened again. Whatever happened to fun, dorky Danny?

I miss Mo. Shipping isn't the same without her. :(

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  2. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Agreed. I mean what kind of relationship doesn't have bumps? Bumps are what makes bonds, not watching movies together. It's when you're at odds, and you work through them together and you realise you're much closer to your significant other than ever before. If this really is the bump, (though we haven't had any notion that it is yet because so far we haven't seen how Danny's grief is affecting his relationship with Lindsay), then I think the main issue may be distance. Danny might go into the state of mind where he doesn't want to be with Lindsay anymore because he doesn't want to feel that twang of pain again if something happens to her (weird, but still possibly and not unheard of), or he may just push everyone away period. Lindsay wants to help him but now it's his turn to not let her in. Then she realises that what he's doing is exactly what she did to him. *Lightbulb moment* I think with time he'll come to terms with what's happened and open up slightly, setting the path for Lindsay to help him in whatever way she can. Shared grief is halved grief.

And then Lindsay can tell him that she's pregnant and they'll be jumping up and down with joy! :D

I'm kidding... :p

Yeah, TPTB still need to account for that, and exactly why did they make her stand him up, I don't understand. She could have easily just picked up the phone (like, even Danny what happened to the phone) and told him something's come up, she can't make it. At least if she suddenly went OOC after that, then we at least know that "something" has happened and isn't wondering if she's suddenly developed multiple personalities.

Could have made it much better writers! Consult us next time why don't you? :D

See PM Auda, but I think I failed to add that bit in. Because DL is alike yet different to each other, that's why they have that pull. And they're not exactly the usual pairing you find on TV. Like you said, they're both appealing in their own ways, but they're not perfect looking either. :)

I refuse to talk about Rikki anymore. I'm stating that loud and clear. :) I'm bored with it and it's getting a little repetitive.

Re: Auda
    Dorky Danny went on holiday with kick-ass Lindsay for a while. They're off in the Caribbean getting some sun (and making babies). They'll be back soon. :) No worries.

I miss Mo too. Oh Mosykins! Come out, come out wherever you are!

Here's today's picture of the day :)

[​IMG]

If I'm not mistaken, it's from Stuck On You, but I'm not sure anymore. I suck at episode names. :eek: Still, don't they look like they're holding hands? They look so purdy together. DATE SCENE! And now we need another one :D

3. audacity

audacity Pathologist

The LRC episode is another fine example of what happens when you leave information out or leave plotlines dangling without any further explanation. Oh, well. Guess we'll never have perfect TV, but fans do expect some things to be resolved, especially things that affect a relationship.

I was tired of the whole storyline before it happened! :lol: But I hadn't had a chance to comment about it, and you know talking about comfort sex is so fun for me. :guffaw:What's so funny? Arg.

Yes, that picture is most definitely from "Stuck on You". *Starts singing that corny Lionel Ritchie song. * :rolleyes: D/L is most definitely a different couple...Not the traditional looking couple you see in Hollywood. And of course I love beautiful people (aka Flack, Maka), but sometimes it's nice to see two people not so glam driven (although they can clean up pretty good)get together and have a load of fun. So angst bunnies fly away. It's not for D/L!! They're cute, and we like it that way. ;)

4. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Even though I think the writers butchered what they could have done in LRC, I believe what happened actually paved the way to the even better scenes we got at the end of the season. Because Lindsay didn't let Danny in, held him at arm's length, because like you said Auda, she probably didn't want to drag him down with her, Danny kept his distance but still showed that he cared about her. If he had already known what was going on, that is, if Lindsay had told him the whole story from the beginning, I don't think SOoH would have made as a big an impact on their relationship as it did. Danny's spontaneity was what made his arrival in Montana so heart-warming. It was because he had no reason or duty to show up, or even care. But he did anyway and that's all that needs to be said. The man's in love. :)

Plus, it doesn't hurt that he was daydreaming about her (probably not the first time) and going crazy without her. :D

Hehe. I love corny songs :p DL's definitely not the traditional insanely perfect couple that usually graces the small screens but that's why they're so lovable. They're so...by lack of a word, normal. Hello, they met at a zoo. Which is cute, slightly rediculous and even more funny. :p But they're so adorable...

5. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Well, there still are 7 eps left :), so I don't think that's too much to ask for. I'd love one D/L scene in every ep, but alas I'm realistic and I know that's not gonna happen, so one really, great, confirming scene would be awesome. :vulcan:
    I do hope you're right, but unfortunately TPTB have been known to not always take the most logical route :rolleyes: ...Let's just hope that perhaps they decided to follow a bit of a winding road -with a couple of bumps- but in the end we all will end up at the desired destination. :cool:

---

I think that just because they are two people who you don't expect to end up together, is why I love them so much too. I agree with Auda that they're both not the equivalent of what the common idea of 'beautiful' people is. If I have to be perfectly honest I don't think that either of them would even catch my eye where they to simply walk by :eek:. It's just those great personalities that shine through that make them more beautiful and that has made them be attracted to the other; and you can only get to know those personalities if you were to talk to them or be around long enough to catch the sparkle in those eyes. :)

---

LRC
    This clearly is the ep that D/L shippers are most divided about. And although I agree that it was another turning point in there relationship I cannot get past the fact that it was so poorly done. :scream:

The only thing I (and my angsty heart) liked about it was the initial idea. Finally Lindsay agreed to go on a date with Danny and then because of the long anticipated revelation of her secret, they're first date is put on hold again and she is so shaken by the prospect of facing her past that she is convincing herself that she can not deal with an emotional relationship at that moment in her life, when that is the exact moment Danny is trying to shed some light on were they are at that place in time. Now if only that idea had been executed right I would have loved that whole ep, but not at it was done now. :rolleyes:

I really hated the fact that the first notion we got that something was wrong, was when Danny mentioned that she had stood him up; it would have made more sense when we had seen Lindsay receiving a phone call or a letter or something that really upset her. And instead of footage of Danny waiting in a restaurant, it would have made more sense to see a nail biting, freaking out Lindsay who is picking up her phone, throwing it away again, etc.; at least then we would've known that she had been struggling to deal with the situation at hand. And then there was that terrible cliché conversation in the hall way :scream:...of all the things they could have made them say or not say they went with "it is not you, it's me", please :rolleyes:...they should at least have used that opportunity to let her explain that something came up in her personal life and that it was also the reason why she had stood him up the night before.

I know it's all water under the bridge now, but for me this will always be the worst D/L ep ever.

I really loved it when we first heard about the Danny drama that was suppose to happen. I really thought that this time they would use the opportunity which had been provided and make Lindsay the person to be there for Danny, to help him through his trauma like he had done for her, and to allow her to deal with another person's grief. :cool: But the prospect that they are perhaps (fortunately it's still all speculation :)) going to use Rikki to drive a wedge between D/L is appalling. What basis is there for anything? Death, grief, guilt, blame? Even comfort sex (funny, Aud :confused:) will make things worse instead of better...I cannot believe that TPTB would go there, so perhaps they will still give Lindsay her change to be there (didn't Carmine say she was going to have a scene in which she will talk about her feelings) and thus end the whole Ruben story.

I'd rather have you bring me something a little spicier :devil:

And Auda txs :p, now I cannot get that song out of my head - and singing songs reminds me of Mo *snifs* has anybody heard anything from her lately?

[​IMG]

6. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Something more spicy eh? Well that you have to wait for the evening walk because we always pass by the video shop on the way home. :)

Meh, my mind isn't particularly guttery right now (I know, gasp, scream, pass out, tragedy) :p But what I really miss right now are the fun, light scenes that we used to get. I'd do anything to get more of DL making fun of each other in the scripts, because that's just what they do :) I'd settle for Lindsay laughing at the way Danny holds his chopsticks or something because we just get to watch them have fun with each other.

Don't get me wrong, angst is good, so is drama, but when you get after the other without a good breather...well, it just becomes boring and too soapy. Is it that hard to see them order pizza at the lab and fight over the topping? :)

Oh and Happy Easter to everyone! :D

7. JenP

JenP Police Officer

Hi everyone!

It's been a long time since I had to read so many post coming in here! That's great news! And I have to say, I just LOVE the pics you're posting...makes me wanna watch all those great scenes over and over again...

Yeah, me too. That's what they do best and what makes a lot of the scenes they're in interesting to watch. It brings a little life in the show. :guffaw:

I agree with you there. It was a simple excuses Lindsay used and it came out of nowhere... Everyone was over the moon because of NWILL and then we got this...:vulcan:

Have to go now, my husband's mother is coming over for dinner...:brickwall: She's the one coming over every day unannounced... YAK!

8. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Welcome back JenP! :D Stop disappearing!! and you have to come by more often. Got it?

I love rewatching all those old scenes again (especially the S2 ones). I did a little DL marathon the other day, from Zoo York all the way up to Playing With Matches. I can't believe how far our ship has come from the initial irritation between the two at the zoo; Danny's little prank and Lindsay's obvious attempt at ignoring him. :)

Now they're actually together and I wanna see 'em in love dangit! TPTB, give us our scenes! :mad:

9. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Hey, HAPPY EASTER to everyone! I hope you have a nice weekend. :)

Yes, that's what I'm hoping for the whole time. After Snow Day, I was hoping for some really nice scenes, because they finally were together. And I have to admit, we got a few really good ones, and funny ones as well. But I'm still waiting for one special scene. I'm not really sure what exactly I'm waiting for. I just want it to be romantic, and please, NOT angsty. That's all I want. :D

Yes, I'm doing that, too. I think, from all the four seasons (or three-and-a-half seasons) season 2 was my favourite. I think it's because we had a mix of everything. We had the bantering and fun between Danny and Lindsay, we had the great Lindsay-scenes like in Zoo York (tackling down a suspect) or Dancing With The Fish (doing her first demonstration, solving the case and finding out the real victim) or Stealing Home. We had a great drama episode with Danny (Run silent, run deep, and I'm still hoping for Louie to return). And in my eyes, Stella and Mac weren't the centre of the show the whole time, but maybe this is just me. It was an awesome season, not only because of all the wonderful DL moments. I just loved this season.

I think, second favourite season is season 3, because of the squee-worthy DL scenes (I'll never get tired of rewatching NWILL, SOOH and SD).

And then season 4. I loved the DL scenes from Can You Hear Me Now?, You Only Die Once, Boo and Commuted Sentences. I'm really excited what else the writers have planned for us.

10. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

Happy Easter everyone :) I am temporarily lifting my personal chocolate ban for the choc-holiday. After 11 weeks without it, it is pure heaven to eat chocolate again!! So easter eggs for everyone - Cadburys chocolate of course!!

Well I am an incurable romantic when it comes to films, tv shows, books etc so 'shipping' is a way of life for me. I did not realise that i was a natural shipper until I came across the term online. I was surprised to find myself shipping DL at first because i did not expect to find such a thing in a crime show. I thought it was just me looking for some romance where there was not meant to be any (that made sense in my head btw). But it has become a guilty weakness of mine which no one really knows about :lol: I just like the escapism of shipping - as a calorie-free distraction from the stresses of RL. DL is the only ship that I really actively ship - as in posting here, reading spoilers, reading fan fic etc. A DL scene can put a smile on my face for the day and surely that is a good thing !! No other ships make me squee, laugh, smile or cry as much. I think it is the realism of their relationship that attracts me - it is not perfect nor boring.

All the pictures are great - I especially love the ones from NWILL!!! That episode sealed the deal for me :) He was so concerned for his brave montana - I just love a good 'OMG the person I love is in danger!' story.

I know - me too! i loved her daily posts with the random songs ;)

Anyway, I have a easter angsty treat to enjoy - Childs play aired here in the UK last night so I am going to put my feet up and relax... with a easter egg or three!

11. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

^^^ Bella i think you just described me as well with what D/L means to you. i ship a lot of people from NY alone and many other shows. it's fun it gives me something to look forward to and root for week to week. D/L was the first ship i realized i did ship characters. like i was always a HUGE Sara and Nick fan from CSI but never realized this whole ship thing before that. D/L are just fun to watch b/c they're cute, complicated, light, angsty, imperfect.... just everything a good couple should be.

no ship is more fun than D/L by a mile.

NWILL i can remember watching that ep on tv and freaking out. i think i was litterally rolling around on the floor like an idiot haha. my grandma and i were talking after that scene and we were both in heaven over how awesome it was.

dutch-treat i am with you with the Danny being a little jealous moment scene. i would probably crack up b/c i can soo see Lindsay teasing him about it and than him just denying it. that would get a big squee outta me for sure.

12. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

Happy Easter to all that celebrated it! *hands out M&Ms and chocolate-covered Dannys*

Thank you everyone for your beautiful answers to my question. I was talking to our lovely Cate about it and thought it would be really interesting to ask here and see what everyone would say. Hats off to you! :)

Not sure how we got into the LRC discussion on the last page - unless I missed something whilst reading through the posts - but I'll throw in my two cents. NWILL was a fantastic episode for obvious reasons, and of course TPTB had to throw a curveball at us in LRC. As some of you have stated, I didn't like how we got absolutely no explanation about Lindsay's behaviour...all we know is that she stood Danny up. I'm in the same boat in that she received a call regarding the trial and she was scared to tell Danny about it, which is why she didn't show up at dinner. Dutch mentioned that she would have liked to see a scene where Lindsay was struggling to call Danny and let him know that she wouldn't be there; I think that would have been a very strong, emotional scene, and much better than Danny blatantly stating that he was stood up. I believe that Lindsay was terrified to tell Danny about the situation; maybe she didn't want to scare him off? Danny showed true dedication in giving space but not giving up. I did like, however, that she admitted her feelings to him, because I'm sure that was very difficult for her. I believe that Lindsay has liked Danny from the very beginning - even if he was a nuisance at times - and admitting those feelings to both him and herself were hard. IMHO, "I like you. A lot." is one of the most powerful DL lines ever spoken. Lindsay found the courage to open up to Danny just enough to reveal her true feelings - even if she wasn't ready for a relationship at that particular moment.

In the end, I wish we had gotten some explanation as to why Lindsay stood him up. Unfortunately, TPTB decided to let us come up with our own reasons. But I guess that's what fanfiction is for. I think LRC was a strong episode in terms of their relationship, but poorly done in terms of writing. Nevertheless, both Carmine and Anna did a fantastic job, so kudos to them :)

Excellent sentence Dutch. That's one of the many things I love about them. Danny and Lindsay just go to show that two people can be from completely different worlds and still fall in love.

Another picture for your viewing pleasure :) I love how that room was big yet Danny inched as close as he could to her whilst shifting past. Sneaky, Messer!

[​IMG]

13. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

"'Cause that's love you'll see. We all commit a little bit of perjury, Ah but that's no crime if you ask me, that's love"

*Liffy pops into the thread singing along to yet another Brad Paisley song, slightly dippy 'cause his Brad-buddy Mo isn't here to sing it with him* HOWDY folks! Happy Easter Monday to you all! Don't you just LOVE public holidays? Why? Because you get to sit in front of the TV and watch the ever growing love that is DL of course! What better way to spend a holiday than melting in your couch when the two of them decides to share a glance, or smile at each other, (or wake on together, naked, on a pool table)? See? Nothing better - good. :D

Hehehe, looks more like you missed more than just "something". :guffaw: I'm sorry, I'm just in a DL trigger-happy mood this morning for some unexplainable reason. Last night's dream may have contributed alot though. I watched a scene from my upcoming ficcy :p Sufficed to say, it has Danny in bed annoyed because Lindsay's cute neighbour decided to wake them up to ask Lindsay on a date. :lol: Can you imagine how that scene might unfold? :p

I loved that line. But it was seriously corny. But since I love corny, I loved that line (did I just confuse half the population?) :p I like the whole admitting the feelings part but I still think it could have been done way better. Lindsay should have squeezed his hand at the end or something, that would've been nice and reassuring that what she said true and that there were things she needed to work through first. :)

I think Lindsay's reluctance to be with Danny was a good touch overall. She was thinking of him, more to the point of she not wanting Danny to be involved and dragged down by her own baggage. We know she wanted to be with him, that much was obvious but she put him first, before her own wants. That's love right there folks :) Good thing Danny's just as stubborn as she is :D

You and everyone else here - that's for sure! Granted Snow Day was an amazing episode for our ship, but I wish we got a scene that was more of substance (I really don't know how to explain this). I think, to put it simply, I want a scene where it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to confuse the love they have for one another for lust. Taking Snow Day for example, there are some that termed it just a drunken night of sex. Of course none of us saw that at all. They were definitely sober enough to admit the words they said the next morning. But I'd like a scene where you just absolute cannot mistake their love for lust or any other emotion. Just - love (and all the complications and bliss it brings). :)

Even though I do have other ships, DL is my OTP and the most active ship I have. Also, DL is the only ship I have for New York. I just don't seem to be interested in any of the other ships (though Flack/Angell is starting to make an impression on me).

Speaking of that, wouldn't it be fun if FA and DL double dated? Maybe at a small cafe or something and both men's got their arms around their ladies and everyone's just looking uber cute and happy? Bet you Danny and Flack will be taking as many opportunities they can get to make fun of the other about being in a relationship. :lol: Though I doubt Danny would be afraid to admit anything. He's definitely not embarassed about his relationship with Linds. *aww* :)

And since we're doing a trip down memory lane, I thought it would be important to have some scenes of their first meeting at the New York City Zoo. :)

[​IMG]

"Make sure you call him sir" Oh you sneaky Messer you! I guess he never knew what teasing her was going to get him did he? Yep - he played a prank on her and ended up falling in lurve. :) I guess she forgave him for that after all.

[​IMG]

And even back then he couldn't keep his eyes off her. Now that he's scene it all, so to speak, the only reason he can look away is because he can replay it in his head over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. :lol: Explains why he's sometimes sporting random grins.

Thanks for the Stuck On You piccy Stuffers! I heart that episode. Danny was trying to brush her in every scene they had :) He was just itchin' to hold her. I'm glad he can now! :lol:

14. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

"'Cause there's somethin' in the way you look at me, It's as if my heart knows you're the missing piece" I'm back from my mini vacation and glad to see we have some discussion going!

True. They do have an history that is quite impossible to ignore. They were/are not just attraction. They went beyond that when Danny flew to Montana for her. I won't even mention SD.

But while I wish we didn't even have to consider the hypothesis of D/L not being together, and/or Danny dating someone else, I don't think that TPTB would make him cheat on Lindsay. It would be bad enough to see him dating someone just now, right after we have been in doubt as to wheter D/L are together or not. But making him cheat would be too bad, and I find it OOC for Danny also. He's not that kind of guy. Not after the maturity he has shown.

So I think that if they're going to pair him up with someone, they're going to make D/L break up first :rolleyes: But I shall not develop that idea too much although you know that I always come up with the pessimistic scenarios

Hm, that's a though one, not because I don't know what to say, but because I seem to have so much to say :p In short... I could not ignore them. The chemistry they had, in the teasing and those looks, and just their interaction. They caught my attention from minute one. I did not know what shipping was. I did not even think about supporting a pairing. But I knew they had something. I knew they had the special something that makes me smile, giggle, squee and feel warm inside. And that's pretty much it. It feels good that there's something that makes you truly happy inside. It is not something you have an influence on, but it's something that can and does influence you (or us). And while I know I can't change the way things go on the plot, it's nice to think of all the moments we've had this far. And that won't ever go away. No matter what happens in the future, D/L have made their mark on the show, and certainly in all of us here. And now I could go on rambling forever.

But really, and while honestly they don't affect everything that goes on on my life, it's good to have something to think of and distract myself from RL stuff. And most of all, it's good to know there's a safe happy place where I have amazing people to share my interest with, all of you. It's just the sharing that makes it super awesome, beyond the awesomeness (nice word, huh?) they are by themselves. I have a feeling this didn't make much sense :lol:

That's why I almost fear that they get too close on a scene, because then they just go off to analize some evidence and "leave us hanging" :p We need a locker room scene! Now!

I agree that some guy should make a move on Lindsay, so that poor Danny would go jealous. And "lost" Danny (as in SooH), aka Danny without Lindsay around, which should be pretty much the same as Danny seeing some guy close to Lindsay, is funny to watch. Of course Linds would be all giggling observing him, acting difficult, only to make it up to him later...you know how :devil:

I don't know if we're going to squee to death about future episodes, but I truly hope so. I do agree when you say that you think TPTB haven't forgotten them, they just can't forget them. I guess they are giving us time, after the rush of D/L storyline in season 3. Maybe they're giving themselves time about it also. I know that they're pros and probably could come up with thousands of ways to sort this storyline out, but they need to consider many factors. I hope they think a lot about the number of D/L fans out there *hint hint*

I haven't watched any episode that concerns Ruben, so I don't really know how Danny has been acting, or how Lindsay has (or hasn't) reacted to it. But I am pretty sure she's eager to help, in any way she can. I just think that it might be hard for her, and I don't think it has only to do with the situation she has been through. I guess some people just have trouble in what comes to act around someone they love that is suffering. But I have faith she will find a way of dealing with it, and helping him out. It will be hard for her, it is hard for him. But as hard as it is, it will make them stronger, and they will get over it.

Yes, that is certainly one of my favourite scenes, and while SD got me ecstatic, I don't think any episode made me get as emotional as NWILL. Honestly, I think the whole episode, and not just the scene, were perfect :) So the scene kind of completed everything that had been shown.

His concern for her, and trying to talk her out of doing it. Her determination still, because they need to be independant; and while I think she didn't like to leave him suffering, they both knew they have to take risks at their job,and I bet he was so proud of her. The panic when the plan failed. And all the emotions they had, hidden or not, made THE HUG! so important and meaningful :)

I think both Carmine and Anna did great on it, because it really looked as if they couldn't help that in the moment, it looks instinctive, sweet and caring. And they seemed to truly need the embrace, just to be close and not letting go of each other. Awww

Yes, I totally agree. As much as I can't stand the fact that Linds stood him up, and while I do know she must have had her reasons behind it, I hate that they don't show it. They just don't give a sign of the fact that she was upset and disturbed. But in a way, it's one of those flaw moments, where we can't do anything but to feel people sometimes react in strange ways that are not right, and we wish we could change. I bet if Linds could go back, she would have changed it too. And they didn't start dating but they showed their love, between some awkwardness and doubts as how to act. That's my take on the hallway scene anyway, they both looked uncomfortable. But they made it through, and proved that their love was stronger than the trouble and problems that came along. If their feelings weren't as strong, they just wouldn't have made it to SD.

So, while I think that the dialogue and timeline could have been better worked out, I still think it was a good moment for them. Not good at the time, but somewhat good in the long term relationship, as it showed they were there to fight for it. Which they did. Danny did everything for her, waited when he didn't know what was making her react that way. To me, it shows that he believes in her feelings, and was willing to let her take her time. She opened up to him, with time. She certainly was unsure as wheter she should be with him or not at first, because I think that she feared dragging him along knowing that she would have a tough moment coming, and making him suffer along, as Liff mentioned.

So I suppose that while I probably wouldn't have done it this way at all, it is interesting and it has some significant details to their story. But that doesn't erase the annoyance I have at the fact that something looks weird and feels wrong. I have mixed thoughts about this episode.

So many thoughts on different subjects. I love how we go over and over again on the same scenes and episodes. I speak for myself, everytime I see an episode, I add some detail to my analizis, and I see another perspective of some little thing. So it's always good. And I love this multi-quote option, because I'm always replying to someone.

15. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

I looked on the previous page and saw that you had mentioned something about LRC. It seemed kinda random; all of a sudden we were analyzing the episode again :p

Corny maybe, but at least she said it. She could have denied her feelings and kept them bottled up. And you always confuzzle us Liffers. *giggles and runs behind Linds*

It definitely made for some good drama and waiting on our part. I also think that she didn't want to drag him in to her own issues. It was enough of a rollarcoaster for her, and she probably felt that if she were to be with Danny at that specific point in time, things would go from bad to worse because she was so scared of her past suddenly reappearing.

*reads over paragraph* Does that make sense? I hope I'm not becoming like Liffers and confuzzling everyone ;)

Word. Like Liffers, I have other ships on the CSI shows (ie. Eric and Calleigh). NY is the only one I watch, although I'm starting to get into Miami a bit. While Flack/Angell seem like an interesting pair and I do like the idea of them, DL always have been and always will be my OTP.

*giggles at the idea* I would love to see that. Maybe at the end of an episode the four of them could go out somewhere. The two girls would just sit there and chuckle whilst their guys teased each other :lol: it would be a nice light-hearted scene, especially in this type of show. The scene at the end of Heroes, for example.

Oh, it's a word. It's our word. There is no denying the awesomeness that is DL :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.