CSI Season 8 - UK Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Seren_y_Gogledd, Feb 26, 2008.

1. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

The dog fighting scene was horrific. I hated it.
    I hope the episode got the message across that these things hapen.

2. ren4e

ren4e Prime Suspect

yeah mee too :( so sad that there really is such fightings :(

3. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

i think the storyline with the 'mole' looks to be really interesting. I'm only half watching atm, I'm so sad I put my TV on to get the ratings lol, and half follow, but I'm still watching endof season 6, so, I'll hopefully be caught up and be able to watch properly by the time the hiatus finishes :D

4. Luminol

Luminol Witness

tonight we seen the leaving of Sara, in the Netherlands.
    It was a sad end of the ep :(

5. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

Tonight we have "Bull", which is the last episode completed before the strike - so naturally, I hope it doesn't end on some sort of cliffhanger. Next week we'll have a repeat of "Built To Kill - Part 1". Unusual choice, especially given that only a few weeks ago we got the first part of "A Bullet Runs Through It" and they never bothered to show the conclusion.

6. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

^ Oh Built To Kill Part 1? That really is a random choice, oh well, I liked that ep... Do you know when we will get the new eps? Same time as the States?

7. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

Steph it says the next new episode is in 3 weeks which I think may take us about a week behind the US.
    I watched A Bullet Runs Through It when it was aired a few weeks back ( I know I have the dvds but I can't help but watch my favourite episodes when they're aired as well :eek:). I wish they'd just have some order to what they choose to air (especially 2-parters), I'm not keen on their random choices. But then any CSI is good to see, and terrestrial doesn't show nearly enough.

8. AimeeC

AimeeC Dead on Arrival

Watched "Bull" tonight and even though I have seen it before I still find parts of the episode really funny. Esp the Nick, Greg, Wendy scene...love it! However, the one thing I still can't get used to is the opening credits...I keep expecting to see Jorja Fox after George Eads and then I don't and its just another reminder that she's not there anymore! Anyway, does anybody else think that poem can kind of relate to her (Sara) esp the way Grissom reads it...I don't know if its just me but I think of her when I hear that poem! He definately misses her...his reaction to Nick's comment about the poem proves it!

Anyway back to the episode...I think it was really good and I definately cringed when the bull stood on Cody's face...OW! The fight scene in the bar seemed a bit far fetched...however, I don't know if it actually happens like that so I'm being open minded lol! Its good to see Warrick back on the job and seeming more stable then he has in previous weeks! Greg's short scenes were good...and made my sister really happy although I do want to see more of him. Hodges and Catherine..."put your fingers in the holes and squeeze" You gotta love Hodges. And how could I forget the ever growing Nick Stokes...WOW! The way he talked that man(can't remember his name) from killing himself, definately stepping up a gear! Overall I think it was a really good episode, although I'm still trying to get used to my fav character not being there anymore *sob*! Can't wait till it comes back on in 3 weeks!

"Built to Kill" pt1 next week...hmmm wonder why they are putting on that episode...personally I would show significant episodes from this season (8) so people can catch up, or remind themselves with the story lines for when it returns...who knows what they are thinking though...it doesn't matter, I'll still watch it...even though I have it on DVD and saved onto my laptop lol! Just about to watch "Last Laugh" on Living...god I love CSI! Lol!

9. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Thanks, yeah I heard them say after the ep. :lol: I would have thought, it would have more sense maybe to start re-airing from the beginning of the season... Aww well... You're right, any CSI is good, especially on terrestrial, we don't get anywhere near enough, that's why I watch Five US and Living, at about 11pm, loads of CSI. :D

Tonight's episode, had some really funny bits, but some other bits kinda grossed me out. I loved Cath and Hodges talking about Brokeback Mountain, that had me laughing alot. But then Hodges does tend to have that effect on me... You gotta love him. :D

I also loved how Nicky was able to talk the guy out of killing himself, he was so calm and collected given the situation... And Warrick was back. :D *Yay!!* I'm hoping they will continue on with the whole Warrick storyline after the strike, because sometimes, things tend to get put on the backburner and forgotten about, I really wanna see more, and find out what really happened...

Overall the episode was pretty good, but I'd have to say it wasn't one of my faves, there were certain bits which really has me squirming in my seat... :lol: However I can hardly wait 3 weeks for new episode, that's too long... *Cries*

10. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

Last night's episode was really good.
    I was squirming with all the bull riding and when it kicked the guy in the face! EEK!
    I loved Hodges and his brokeback mountain comments - he just nails his scenes every week.
    Also the scene with Wendy, Greg and Nick was hilarious. How the hell did Greg now what that contraption was for.
    Nick again being the most compassionate CSI.
    All of the CSI's looked so bewildered with the case but I loved the poem at the end.

It is a bit strange that re runs next week start with that episode. It would have been better to show season 8 again. Oh well only 3 weeks for a new episode so we must be running in sync with the US!

11. shady

shady Hit and Run

Thought it was abit strange how channel 5 are repeating season 7, I think repeating the episodes shown so far of season 8 would have been a much better idea. 'bull' was a good episode, I couldn't believe that there have now been 2 decent episodes in a row!!!! This season 8 has been by far the worse in my opinion, infact, there are a couple of episodes where I got so fed up I switched off less than 15 minutes into it and then not even bothered to tune in to the next one. The stories have been incrediably poor this season.

12. britfan

britfan Pathologist

Really, Shady? I think I have to disagree. Season 7 was brilliant. But there have been some cracking eps in this. Goodbye Good Luck, Bull, You Kill Me and Cockroaches for example. They have been really dramatic this season. I guess the writers were looking over their shoulders about possible strikes and loose ends so the science hasn't been quite the key feature of previous years, but the drama has cranked up. Loving it!

13. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yeah, I don't think they can repeat season 8 right away though. I'm pretty sure that their rights to the franchise are restricted to airing the episodes first, then repeating them on Five US, but I'm not sure that they can repeat them on terrestrial straight away. That's how it used to work anyway a couple of seasons ago, with Living TV having rights to show the second airings of new episodes (which Five US now has the rights to). It's complex and I don't quite get it. :lol:

Season 7 has some good episodes, and I haven't rewatched them in ages, so it'll be good to look back on them whilst waiting for the new episodes. :)

14. Stella_Taylor

Stella_Taylor Victim

i been loving season 8 but it be good to see some rerun of season 7. 3 weeks isnt that long to wait.

15. shady

shady Hit and Run

as I said in my post, it was my opinion, I don't speak for everyone.