Locker Room #17: Danny/Carmine: Our Utility Guy

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

The interview was beyond amazing. I was wondering these days that maybe there will be an interview with him :D and my thoughts became true :D

I've said it in the interview discussion that the fact that he used the F word so many times is a sign of him being relaxed, enjoying the interview and just being natural and himself.

2. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

It was one of those interviews your like i'll start reading now and read later as i was popping out quickly and it never happened cos i was like need to read it all.
    Its nice to see his views on it all specially the latest storylines/Louie and the whole DL situation... Though he does make me want the new episodes more than before now.

It was interesting Outside Man was his fave episode, I do love that episode one of my faves of S1 for the whole way Mac let Danny and Aiden run with it and Dannys monolgue bit at the end. But i thought RSRD would have been or OTJ its interesting to see what they enjoy.

I didnt notice the swear words at all I think its because I am probably as bad with using that word without realising my mum keeps helpfully pointing it out.

3. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

living in NYC,anywhere in the 5 boros or even in north Jersey in Hoboken, Jersey City just anywhere around there is soo expensive b/c of the location and taxes. my cousin lives in NYC and usually comes back home to Jersey and goes grocery shopping every once in a while b/c it's so expensive in the city.

i'm sure Danny is living paycheck to paycheck b/c of the place he lives in and b/c of the stuff like the motorcycle and the pool table he has. i know a lot of people that make what's considered good money but live paycheck to paycheck b/c of the expensive things they buy and have to pay off.

i loved the Carmine article from this site. the best part was reading how he likes working on NY and how he'll stick with the show till the end even if he does wanna do other things. he seems like such a normal guy and is so into the things he does both with acting and music. i also liked how he's willing to see where the writers take him as a character and where they take Danny and Lindsay as a relationship... puts my mind at ease knowing he's ok if the writers throw some angst into the D/L ship lol.

4. Cara1090

Cara1090 Dead on Arrival

I think Carmine did a lot of rambling aside from the swearing. He seemed very enthusiastic about the interview; I can imagine him to be all jittery.

5. althea

althea Lab Technician

I liked the interview and its shed some light as to what will be happening in the up coming episodes albeit that he wasn't very forthcoming on the whole DL thing. I wanted him to pour his damn heart about the subject whether he hates it or not anyway I digress. What I did find interesting was his take on what's instore for Danny here's the snippet:

Giovinazzo: I'm assuming season five, midway to the end, Danny gets checked into an insane asylum or does therapy and has to take a sabbatical. I don't know how much they're going to deal with it or if they're just going to play underneath as its going along. I don't know if there's ever going to be closure on it. But what happened already brings it up and talks about it and gives a little insight to where he is and how he feels about it.

Danny in a mental asylum that makes for very interesting viewing don't you think but I wouldn't want him to take a sabbatical and leave the show even for however a short period. If it did happen I suppose it would be similiar to when Grissom left CSI for what was it four epi's and that I really didn't enjoy.

I

6. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

Seeing as all goes....

The interview was pretty interesting.
    The part that I liked the most would have to
    be the music. There is a lot of meaning behind it,
    and it's backed up by a positive idea.
    Some of it - is personal, some of it is general.

I listed to some tracks on CDbaby.Not bad.

Won't go into too much detail cuz thats a different thread.

That's all good.

As far CSI NY is conserned,
    Things are going to heat up.
    And even more drama for Messer, not surprising.
    Also, I think that even though its the writters who write the scripts,sometimes it's also an actors job to put their foot in - and say...thing is would be a good idea or not - and what not. ya know?

Not being candid - more like reluctant.

It depends on how much input goes into the character(from the actor)and then the story follows.

I know that Danny Messer got his own thing going on, but I think it would be a good idea to really make him into something. Insted of always taking a beating -just be the one one that makes the choice, not lean on others for back up -give this guy a backbone!

But that all just my opinion.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  7. Danistheman

Danistheman Prime Suspect

I know that this is off-topic, but I have found a really cheap copy of HOUSE ON TERROR TRACT - is it worth buying? Sorry to disturb the flow of discussion on the interview - which was great by the way. I could just imagine his arms going everywhere :)

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Glad you guys enjoyed the interview! :D

I thought that was interesting, too, but that really was the first time we got to hear Danny speak about how he felt about the job and what they do and the things they see. Season one really had so much great Danny development. I'm not surprised that he loved the early revelations about Danny's character. I thought it was cool that he picked "Outside Man."

That was a cute answer. Danny is so emotional that I could totally just see him losing it at some point and just not being able to handle the job. I loved the insane asylum quip. :lol:

I think Danny has a backbone, but I like that he's emotional and vulnerable in ways that the others aren't. Not everyone can be as tough as Mac or Stella or Flack. Danny's very affected by what happens around him and I think that's an interesting characteristic. I also love how the other characters are protective of Danny and do look out for him. It makes for an interesting dynamic.

9. Vertigirl

Vertigirl Hit and Run

wow danny! he's so cute and gorgeous!!i haven't seen season 4 yet, but i know that there will be a lot of danny's angst
    i really like him: he's vulnerable but strong at the same time

...and....i love his glasses :D

10. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

11. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

CSINYMIA000, please try to post on topic. If you want to link to your fanfic in your signature, that's fine (so long as it's no bigger than 220x75), but please don't spam multiple threads in the NY forum with the graphic. Thanks.

Back on topic...with regards to what Carmine said in the interview, could you guys see Danny having a mental breakdown at some point?

12. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

I could see Danny doing what he does in one of the CSI:NY book's (Blood On The Sun I think). I'm not sure if I should put this under a spoiler thing or what so if you don't want to know what happened in the book you may want to stop reading now. Anyways I could see him at the brink of a melt down but then he goes and seeks professional help before he completely looses it. I remember in the book he also had tic's thanks to his issues.

13. althea

althea Lab Technician

^^ I haven't read the book but that does sound plausible I would rather have him seek professional help than just lose it one fine day and go postal in the lab, and really when you think about Danny is a prime canditate for having a mental breakdown.
    He is one of the most sensitive and vulnerable characters on the show and in the wake of Rueben's death and the immense guilt he feels over it, its become a defining moment for this character, where it can either make him stronger or push him over the edge. I go for over the edge, it will give us more angsty Danny drama and it will make for very interesting watching. I just wouldn't want his mental breakdown to involve another ugly cry moment sorry but a woman can only take so much.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  14. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

I think Danny is long overdue a break down. All that he has been through would send anyone slightly mad.
    It would be amazing him have a breakdown because with his acting ability he could knock it skyward. Add to that concerned Flack and it will make my season.
    I just want a happy storyline for Danny once in a while - maybe a bravery award or promotion to next level. We know is the most angst ridden character but he needs abit of good luck soon.

15. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.